EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: Charging fouls make finesse classes OP

2Next

Replies

• This is sorta along the same lines and in offline play, Iv'e had To exit the O zone and skate around the Neutral zone for 20 seconds, because the opposition is blocking my players from exiting to be onside. It's really annoying. In the real NHL it's a Penalty if you hold or push a player offside. it would be nice to add the Penalty call or make the CPU players on my team to skate around the blockage instead of skating into into it.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4267 posts EA Community Manager
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »

Another issue I find with the game is obstruction, or the lack of it: you can skate full tilt at an opponent who doens't have the puck and crash into him, and make him fall on his face. Yet no penalty is given, because you did not touch the right stick. This is blatantly misused, you get shoved plenty of time and people purposely seek these opportunities. Please consider giving penalties for th emost obvious ones?

I've never really seen that myself but I imagine from a designer's perspective if they were to penalize players for not engaging in a specific action (hitting the right-stick), accidentally bumping into players only to force a penalty could lead to annoying outcomes. If they're not using the right-click than they likely aren't trying to get the puck away from the puck carrier. It's one thing to push a button and get penalized where you can say "hey, that poke could be improved but at the end of the day I could have avoided the penalty" compared to you getting penalized if the puck carrier accidentally skated into you.

If you're able to share example clips of this behavior we'll pass it along to the team if it's an area of concern.
  • Seriously? You play this game, and you've never seen a player skate at full speed at another player (who doesn't have the puck either), purposely trying to make him stumble or fall down on his face? Really? Must be nice where you play. :D

This has been a thing as long as there's been EASHL for the current gen, so...
  • Baffles me how you can just pick and choose what penalties not to give to humans, only to make the cpu players overly aggressive and slash happy pyscopaths in 3v3.

Anyhoo, the no-click knockdowns happen (at least once) almost every single game you're a small build going up against a team of big bois, and this certainly happened last year as well.

The amount of stumbling and awkward recoveries in 21 is staggering
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Baffles me how you can just pick and choose what penalties not to give to humans, only to make the cpu players overly aggressive and slash happy pyscopaths in 3v3.

Anyhoo, the no-click knockdowns happen (at least once) almost every single game you're a small build going up against a team of big bois, and this certainly happened last year as well.

The amount of stumbling and awkward recoveries in 21 is staggering

Yes this is a case of realism being a bad thing. Regal physics from incidental contact has been a bad addition. Good players have been using this to "exploit" this game for a decade but it's gotten worse over time.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Adding to this in case some aren’t aware; you will not see charging/boarding called in 3v3 EASHL. Other penalties remain (interference, tripping, etc) but no charging. I believe it was taken out of the mode to lessen penalty shot calls, would have to confirm that though.

You guys should consider just eliminating penalty shots for every penalty because its awful. It just pushes teams to play an even worse style of play to attempt to draw calls. I dont understand why this was ever even added.