EA Forums - Banner

Some question before buying.

Hi im still playing nhl 2020 i don't remember how long maybe 4 5 years the same bug appear in the new version of the game.

Do the goalie after you sign them in free agent get a random junior helmet (example i just signed Markstrom and he's wearing the screaming eagle helmet from QMHJL.

When the camera go on my team on the bench most of the time they do a face like when you go for a big number 2.

Is there stupid trade block offer like barzal and Pl Dubois ?

im strictly playing in franchise mode so is there any improvement and if yes can you tell me witch please.

Replies

• Hi im still playing nhl 2020 i don't remember how long maybe 4 5 years the same bug appear in the new version of the game.

Do the goalie after you sign them in free agent get a random junior helmet (example i just signed Markstrom and he's wearing the screaming eagle helmet from QMHJL.

When the camera go on my team on the bench most of the time they do a face like when you go for a big number 2.

Is there stupid trade block offer like barzal and Pl Dubois ?

im strictly playing in franchise mode so is there any improvement and if yes can you tell me witch please.

Honestly if youre buying JUST for franchise, the biggest change is the trade deadline and for my money that wouldnt warrant a purchase of 21. That said, there were many changes outside franchise but for just a franchise guy, all youd really pay for is newer menus and roster updates. This is my guess on why no roster share....cus then less people would buy EVERY year.
  • i wouldn't buy it. save your money. trust us, there are tons of us that would suggest not buying it
  • Thanks guy i'll wait for a deep discount then.
  • Thanks guy i'll wait for a deep discount then.
    Good choice dude. Again, trust us. Wait for at least a 75% discount or so. It’s not even worth it at 50%
  • Definitely do not buy for franchise mode. The ai is horrendous. It was great at the start of the year but they completely screwed them up.
  • I only play offline for franchise mode. I unfortunately bought NHL 21 and it is quite bad, I cannot recommend it. I have only owned it for a few days since I got my PS5, but regret buying it. It is pretty terrible thus far.
  • I only play offline for franchise mode. I unfortunately bought NHL 21 and it is quite bad, I cannot recommend it. I have only owned it for a few days since I got my PS5, but regret buying it. It is pretty terrible thus far.

Started my first franchise in 21 yesterday. A lot of bugs. Very disappointed
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I would wait to see if they fix the many problems that this game has because it's not worth spending money on this game
  • If you are rich - buy right away - if you are avarage - Christmas sale - If you are broken - save money for the future.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    If you are rich - buy right away - if you are avarage - Christmas sale - If you are broken - save money for the future.
    If you are smart - don’t buy it at all
  • EA_Blueberry
    4740 posts EA Community Manager
    @nightside187

If you sign up for EA Play you'll get 10 hours to experience NHL 21 with the Play First Trial. A month's membership starts at $4.99. If you decide that you want to purchase the game, you get a discount off digital purchases so that $4.99 you put down on the membership will essentially go towards the purchase of the full game.

Worst case is that you don't enjoy it, but you'll have access to a full library of EA and non-games you can enjoy for the rest of the month.

Hope to see you out there with us, thanks for being a fan of the EA NHL franchise.