EA Forums - Banner

There needs to be a minimum player count for 6v6 finals

There should not be 3 humans playing a 6v6 club game. If you only have 3 humans then play 3v3. With the route ea has taken trying to make club more competitive and balanced, teams should not be able to rely on super human AI to lead the charge. Meanwhile our one ai player is running into boards, passing backwards, and passing the no mans land and the team with 3 human players had ai players cycling like the Canadian Olympic team. 3 players or less should be subjected to 3v3 only and 6v6 should be a minimum of 4 players , and if any player quits , not just the goalie, should be an automatic loss.

Replies

• Agreed. Its atrocious. And before everyone starts saying "get better" or "just beat the computers", thats the point. We shouldn't have to. The other team isn't better because the AI is super fluid. They don't have the players we do. Unfair competitive balance.
  • Yes, I agree, that's unfair competitive balance for sure. AI should be nerfed to encourage players to find full teams! That will solve the problem definitely! We do not want god-like bots destroying the game completely every single time!
  • There are very few men/women out there that are capable of coordinating a time that works for an entire 6s squad when we all live adult lives. If I were limited to playing with 3 or 4 others in 6s, I'd literally never get to play, because my entire friends' list (shockingly) does not live on the same schedule as I.
  • > @Ampereturn said:
    > Yes, I agree, that's unfair competitive balance for sure. AI should be nerfed to encourage players to find full teams! That will solve the problem definitely! We do not want god-like bots destroying the game completely every single time!

God like bots?

Anybody who actually plays as a 2/3 man squad in 6s knows how criminally stupid the AI are, no matter the settings you put them on. A cohesive team of 4/5 guys is infinitely better than a team of 2/3 guys and 2/3 AI's
  • mikeq67
    141 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    3's is a poop show, i dont blame anyone for wanting to play 6's as a team of 3. The amount of sweatiness in 3's is frankly disgusting. The puck ragging, figure skating, total lack of NHL rules, penalty shots because dorks spin in circles for 10 minutes until you trip them.

My team of 3's very occasionally plays 6's because its more of a gritty/grindy hockey game. Its a refreshing change of pace. Frankly, if you cant beat a team of 3 as 5-6, thats on you.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    3's is a poop show, i dont blame anyone for wanting to play 6's as a team of 3. The amount of sweatiness in 3's is frankly disgusting. The puck ragging, figure skating, total lack of NHL rules, penalty shots because dorks spin in circles for 10 minutes until you trip them.

My team of 3's very occasionally plays 6's because its more of a gritty/grindy hockey game. Its a refreshing change of pace. Frankly, if you cant beat a team of 3 as 5-6, thats on you.

When you have super human ai I would disagree, in fact chances are , many people play 3 on 6’s because they can’t beat equally competitive teams. The goal of eashl is competitive balance, having 3 ai players versus a full team of 6 is no where near competitive balance.

• Hester147 wrote: »
    mikeq67 wrote: »

When you have super human ai I would disagree, in fact chances are , many people play 3 on 6’s because they can’t beat equally competitive teams. The goal of eashl is competitive balance, having 3 ai players versus a full team of 6 is no where near competitive balance.

You can choose "match my room though".
  • PadrinoIV wrote: »
    Hester147 wrote: »
    mikeq67 wrote: »

You can choose "match my room though".

If you can record a video of you going on rn, with low population and clicking match my room size and finding a match within a reasonable time I will believe you.