EA Forums - Banner

Stop lying to yourselves, cross crease is trash

Replies

• IceLion68 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »

4 against 2.

This is probebly a good reason why people continue to try it over and over again.. Eventually one get through.

I aint mad, and as I already said, I don't mind people for trying to cross crease, but I must be able to trust my own defense.

Oh dear. That is REALLY REALLY bad...

Inb4 were mainsplained to how this is intentional for x and y reason and we just dont understand how it works.
  • How has there still been no comment from EA on when or if a fix is coming for this. Like do they need 6 months worth of data and videos being posted to finally prove to them there’s an issue? Any idiot can log onto this game and within an hour be frustrated beyond belief.

Imagine spending year after year working on this game and being completely oblivious to the clear issues that everyone in this community has. There is absolutely zero chance any of these devs actually ever play their game online. Like how are so many other games decades ahead of EA on innovation, and they still charge the same price
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    TITAN_NHL wrote: »
    How has there still been no comment from EA on when or if a fix is coming for this. Like do they need 6 months worth of data and videos being posted to finally prove to them there’s an issue? Any idiot can log onto this game and within an hour be frustrated beyond belief.

Imagine spending year after year working on this game and being completely oblivious to the clear issues that everyone in this community has. There is absolutely zero chance any of these devs actually ever play their game online. Like how are so many other games decades ahead of EA on innovation, and they still charge the same price

Right now I think their main focus is on the elite being upset that everyone is dodging them according to the Community Manager
    Post edited by thegarden94 on
  • TITAN_NHL wrote: »
    How has there still been no comment from EA on when or if a fix is coming for this. Like do they need 6 months worth of data and videos being posted to finally prove to them there’s an issue? Any idiot can log onto this game and within an hour be frustrated beyond belief.

Right now I think their main focus is on the elite being upset that everyone is dodging them according to the Community Manager

Probably 'elite dodging elite' .. Instead of ragging each other, they now don't get to play.
  • Sega82mega
    4239 posts Member
    edited November 2020

This is what I call a 'forced cross crease', were it feels like it can't go no other way then how it goes.

Even tough..

I am there.. I read his Gretzky that was blowing down the wing in full steam, I did cut in, infront of the net at the very same second he pass the puck, under my goalies stick.. And I locked up he's left arm with my physic, but he just pull himself out of that grip(like a soap) and smash the one timer.

And I feel it was more me, that knew whats coming, then it was he - that surprise me.

Bad physically impact and a stunning ability to intercept the pass - was the outcome of this.

*he's stick disappears below that secret room under the ice so he can pick up the puck better.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

This is what I call a 'forced cross crease', were it feels like it can't go no other way then how it goes.

Even tough..

I am there.. I read his Gretzky that was blowing down the wing in full steam, I did cut in, infront of the net at the very same second he pass the puck, under my goalies stick.. And I locked up he's left arm with my physic, but he just pull himself out of that grip(like a soap) and smash the one timer.

And I feel it was more me, that knew whats coming, then it was he - that surprise me.

Bad physically impact and a stunning ability to intercept the pass - was the outcome of this.

*he's stick disappears below that secret room under the ice so he can pick up the puck better.

That's a frustrating play for sure. You could have probably slowed down slightly to time the contact with the shooter better, but that's a guessing game and you won't always guess right.

It's a play that in real-life would have resulted in some jostling and the shooters stick would be forced to his backhand and away from the incoming pass but in EA NHL you just slide off him like your both made of Teflon and he can immediately shoot the puck.

Equally frustrating watching that clip is the goalie. I'd like to see goalies break up those cross-crease passes that are just inches from instead of weirdly pivoting in place as they watch them go by. Or at least recognize the danger on the far side and try to move across the crease with the puck.
  • Sega82mega
    4239 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Even tough..

That's a frustrating play for sure. You could have probably slowed down slightly to time the contact with the shooter better, but that's a guessing game and you won't always guess right.

It's a play that in real-life would have resulted in some jostling and the shooters stick would be forced to his backhand and away from the incoming pass but in EA NHL you just slide off him like your both made of Teflon and he can immediately shoot the puck.

Equally frustrating watching that clip is the goalie. I'd like to see goalies break up those cross-crease passes that are just inches from instead of weirdly pivoting in place as they watch them go by. Or at least recognize the danger on the far side and try to move across the crease with the puck.

I had to make sure he didn't try to go for that right/left/right deke at the goalies first post with Gretzky(puck carrier), thats why I hold the speed quite equal with Gretzky and then cut infront of the net when that option was too late.

But you are right, it's almost the goalie thats worst here, the puck goes literally under he's stick, and as you say, if goalies could be abit more active to break up thoose cross creases thats inches away from them, that would also contribute to a better game. It's mainly thoose forced cross creases I dont like, after you prevent the same play about 4-5 times, and then when they rush down the ice for the 6th time with exactly same pattern, it finaly pays off.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Even tough..

Bang on.

Especially your part about jostling.. it's something I wish EA took from the 2K games.

2K did this thing where incidental contact would trigger a contextual animation - which just made things 'look' cooler.

For example - it's very subtle, but here you can see the Oilers player jostling for position while chasing down a puck that was dumped in:

One might think this type of animation would make the control feel less responsive, and the way 2K's controls performed as a whole it did 'feel' a bit like you were not in control. But I believe with the RPM engine - you could get something like this and maintain the responsiveness we have now.

• Yeah that looks really nice! 👌
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

Even tough..

Bang on.

Especially your part about jostling.. it's something I wish EA took from the 2K games.

2K did this thing where incidental contact would trigger a contextual animation - which just made things 'look' cooler.

For example - it's very subtle, but here you can see the Oilers player jostling for position while chasing down a puck that was dumped in:

One might think this type of animation would make the control feel less responsive, and the way 2K's controls performed as a whole it did 'feel' a bit like you were not in control. But I believe with the RPM engine - you could get something like this and maintain the responsiveness we have now.

2k had a lot of very subtle things going on that did a lot for the feel of the game. That said, sometines their controls felt like the equivalent of driving a semi in a go kart race. Lol
  • [quote="KidShowtime1867;c-2170792"][quote="

Even tough..

*he's stick disappears below that secret room under the ice so he can pick up the puck better. [/quote]

Equally frustrating watching that clip is the goalie. I'd like to see goalies break up those cross-crease passes that are just inches from instead of weirdly pivoting in place as they watch them go by. Or at least recognize the danger on the far side and try to move across the crease with the puck.[/quote]

Bang on.

https://i.imgur.com/3fOXijk.gifv

[/quote]

Good post. I only played 2k10 and remember how the game was sometimes wonky but stuff like that kind of made up for it. I wonder what prevents EA from taking cool little things like this from the past and bringing them into this generation?

I truly believe that if there was more space less hustle and less overall speed EA NHL would play better.

For testing if you're interested i turned game speed up to 6 but lowered the skating speed and acceleration a ton to like 10 and it's actually pretty good. Player pickups and turning is fast but the speed of the game is pretty solid
  • Sega82mega
    4239 posts Member
    edited November 2020

[/quote]

Good post. I only played 2k10 and remember how the game was sometimes wonky but stuff like that kind of made up for it. I wonder what prevents EA from taking cool little things like this from the past and bringing them into this generation?

I truly believe that if there was more space less hustle and less overall speed EA NHL would play better.

For testing if you're interested i turned game speed up to 6 but lowered the skating speed and acceleration a ton to like 10 and it's actually pretty good. Player pickups and turning is fast but the speed of the game is pretty solid[/quote]

Im 100% sure about the speed.

Theres so many situations that happens totally of sync, just beacuse the speed is of the roof.

Good luck with all the animations to keep up.

I honestly don't know, why something thats so clearly demolish the gameplay is still something we have in this game. Who decides what game speed to have? Was it the community that thought it was to slow, or what..?
  • And come to think about it, speed is probebly the main reason why offens is OP and at the same time what makes defense pretty difficult.

You 'almost dosent' have to know what you doing with your L2 and RS(cause the puck aint just leaving you) before you pass and push for a automatically realesed one timer.. Meanwhile your defender need to copy he's every move in top speed to prevent it from happen.

Both O-zone and D-zone would benefit so much if we had a speed that was manageable.
  • Sega82mega
    4239 posts Member
    edited November 2020

When you chasing that cross crease, there's no other way then 100% forward..

This should not be how protect the puck should work.

And this defenetly contributes to that feeling when everything just feels forced.

He drives both the stick and puck through my players leg. You can tell, by the way he (puck carrier) react, some sort of contact was registered, but the momentum/force was in he's favor so he could continue in same track like nothing really happen.

It needs to be more situations were we need to play the puck back, to search for other ways in to the o-zone.

And the team that play defense must be able to completely close the door into the zone. But thats 'really' hard to do, against thoose that just mash there way through, with speed above all.
  • Sega82mega
    4239 posts Member
    edited November 2020

Sorry for posting this.. But I cant let be..

It's so sad to play against this hockey.

Feels like im playing against the opponent's back..

First (with he's back turned away from the board) he get the puck to he's center, and then he, with he's back against the shooter, throws this fantastic hook.

How am I suppose to play defense if they constantly playing with their backs against me..

Well well, life goes on... And happy thanksgiving to you all, safe and sound!
  • What are the chances of 2K or SDS making an NHL game for next gen?
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    cross crease is not fun? :)
    I don't understand why EA won't cancel cross-crease in online matches? The online game has not changed in 15 years anyway and it is not even a sign of hockey. This only play players suffering from some personality disorder or sports players who don't care what Thes are play. When they can't do play the Fifa, They play nhl or nfl or nba sports. But if this is really a challenge for real players, then it is necessary to cancel the cross-crease. Why is fifa online the most popular sport? Because it has no cross-crease. The same as nfl. Cross crease ruined nhl game absolutely.

the same the code of this game is trash absolutely too. I am playing on my PS5 with no sign of better framerate! It is so little different I am worry about nhl22....
  • Oslik1000
    473 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    What are the chances of 2K or SDS making an NHL game for next gen?

the chances are big. nhl will do a new license agreement 2023.
    NHL 21 Review: A Broken Copy Of A Broken Copy
    ...until the CODEMASTERS start playing hockey too...
  • amxblade
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    If the Devs want video proof, all they need to do is go play a game of HUT Champions, wow, every single game its spam the poke and only go for cross ice one timers. How do people find this to be fun?
    Post edited by amxblade on
  • amxblade wrote: »
    If the Devs want video proof, all they need to do is go play a game if HUT Champions, wow, every single game its spam the poke and only go for cross ice one timers. How do people find this to be fun?

It's terrible isn't it ,game is one dimensional no creativity it's the same thing over and over again ,but dodging will be fixed so it's all good ...