EA Forums - Banner

Stop lying to yourselves, cross crease is trash

Replies

• Funny isn't it how EA is more concerned with censoring the forums than actually coming on here and defending the horrible product they've put out. I've seen many other developers answer questions on their forums, but in here it's usually just *crickets*.
  • Socair
    2799 posts Game Changer
    edited November 2020
    amxblade wrote: »
    Funny isn't it how EA is more concerned with censoring the forums than actually coming on here and defending the horrible product they've put out. I've seen many other developers answer questions on their forums, but in here it's usually just *crickets*.

The lead gameplay dev answered questions in a couple of other threads. They’re not as active because of hostility received here.
    Mods and CM’s don’t make the game so it has nothing to do with moderation.

Let’s get back on topic though and not bring up or call out moderation or devs.
  • I'd bet the hostility comes from charging full price for incomplete games. What can this company expect? A "thank you for giving me a bad product"?

Put in the record book...its bugged.
    Chemistry...bugged.
    Trade screen salaries...bugged.
    Some sliders don't work.
    No EASHL playoffs.
    The only game I own that the servers are terrible.
    Too many game modes.
    Thinning an already small community.
    No slider/roster share like the major sports games.
    Pause glitch still exists.
    Puck pick ups and movements are too slow to keep up with super fast gameplay.
    Superstar AI can't figure out breakout passes.
    Menus are the WORST slow laggy unresponsive in history.
    Takes 7 menus to get to the locker room.
    EASHL player base builds are laughable.
    Selfish play is the standard.
    Cross crease passes are too easy to execute.
    Offense takes very little skill.
    Defense is held to a ridiculous standard in comparison.
    No strategy compensates for stupid AI decisions and positioning.
    Crowds sound dead boring and are not at all exciting.
    No banner raise.

The list is long and could be longer.

I joined this forum in hopes to communicate my frustration with this game that is not worth full price. I now read that those who make this game hardly engage because they are afraid of the critique?

Rubbish. Never have i heard of such a thing. We as customers should be respected. This is not respect EA. 60$ for a game that isn't finished and doesn't work? Riddled with bugs? We are supposed to be happy and just take it??
  • Socair wrote: »
    amxblade wrote: »
    Funny isn't it how EA is more concerned with censoring the forums than actually coming on here and defending the horrible product they've put out. I've seen many other developers answer questions on their forums, but in here it's usually just *crickets*.

The lead gameplay dev answered questions in a couple of other threads. They’re not as active because of hostility received here.
    Mods and CM’s don’t make the game so it has nothing to do with moderation.

Let’s get back on topic though and not bring up or call out moderation or devs.

OK but here's the thing Socair, this entire thread is dedicated to a VERY important issue with the game and what do we get from coming here and voicing our concerns? We get hostility from the dev team who refuse to acknowledge what's wrong with the game. I'm sorry if you think this is a personal attack on you, but we as a community want answers and want to know that EA is actually listening to the people who make sure they still have jobs. Yes the Devs have come in here, but they're usually very hostile and defend the product they've put out. All we're looking for is answers that they refuse to answer, so yes its gotten to the point of having to call them out. The game has been out now for 2 months, and we've heard nothing about fixes or updates.
  • Socair
    2799 posts Game Changer
    If the topic at hand can no longer be discussed and delves further into calling out the devs it’ll be closed. The devs read the boards, I doubt they’re not aware of the distaste for crosses. But they’re definitely not gonna respond in here if they’re being called hostile or lazy or any other sort of demeaning remark.

Keep it on topic.
  • Stephlefan6AX
    287 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Socair wrote: »
    If the topic at hand can no longer be discussed and delves further into calling out the devs it’ll be closed. The devs read the boards, I doubt they’re not aware of the distaste for crosses. But they’re definitely not gonna respond in here if they’re being called hostile or lazy or any other sort of demeaning remark.

Keep it on topic.

i love this game. i like cross crease to score and other goals but also to defend cross crease. i know most of replies are complains but this game is the best i ever played since 1995 on nintendo. i hope more people will come and says they like it not always those that don't like. i do have negative points to like spending 65$ in pack last night for a 11.4k card(86 frosted flakes Carter Hart) was an insult to my intel...keep this gameplay balanced like this year so we could score more goals while learning to score on other ways
  • This game is not balanced. The forwards are not accountable.
  • This game is not balanced. The forwards are not accountable.

Totally agree game isn't balanced at all and when the puck goes through sticks ,skates and bodies it's even worse
  • Worst problem as I see it, too easy to avoid contact, 1vs1 moments.

This gliding/cut away from player/puck long out on backhand/ hook pass 180° seem to be a very popular way to get up on ice. And if you put pressure they glide until there almost standing still with the puck on a safe distance out on their backhand, so if you try to play 1 on 1 on that guy, you don't have any power left to make a decent hit.

Sometimes they manage to get themselves from there own zone in to my zone, by only passing the puck from were they are. No movement or what so ever, just - standing still - passes.

It is abit boring gameplay, to say at least. Too many has copy the worst possible way to play, and im afraid no one will stop, as long as they can.
  • I just don’t understand what is so hard for EA to understand. The cross creases GOING IN is fine, it’s the cross creases GETTING THROUGH that is the issue. Increase the puck interceptions. The sad part is knowing EA logic, they will leave the ability to pick off forced cross creases terrible, and just buff the goalies to compensate.

Like when you see players pick off pucks when their back is clearly to it and not even in the lane, yet the next rush up the ice they are perfectly positioned and it just goes through, it makes for a broken game.

EA, your logic of forcing D to have to be 100% perfect at all times, yet a forward can be performing at 50% and come out way ahead, needs to go. I get that it’s 5 minute periods and you don’t want a boring defensive battle game after game, but increase other ways of scoring goals and buff D. As it is now breakaways and cross creases have got to make up 99% of the goals in this game, there’s literally no point in going for anything other than that. Sure it might go in sometimes, but you’re going to put more goals in the net forcing those 2 ways of scoring all game long
  • mkgj3comg692.jpg

"you think I will shoot?.. Not until you give me a veeeery good reason"

It cannot be the intention for the game engine that you can spin around in the zone that long without really doing nothing.

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    mkgj3comg692.jpg

It cannot be the intention for the game engine that you can spin around in the zone that long without really doing nothing.

This image says it all but here come the people saying "well we dont know where those shots were from". No, if you can score on 50 percent or more of shots, theres a problem and it aint his D.
    mkgj3comg692.jpg

This image says it all but here come the people saying "well we dont know where those shots were from". No, if you can score on 50 percent or more of shots, theres a problem and it aint his D.

You got one of those dancing little Mary's that all they do is twirl and twirl and use the protect the puck bubble that makes them immune to a check ahhh but it's what EA calls the "skill gap" ...and yes Sega it is the intention of the mechanic , because in old gen you couldn't do this because eventually you would lose the puck or just completely be out of gas
  • I had a guy in HUT champions tonight pivot to skating backwards as he came across the blue line so I couldn't poke check without a penalty and seemed impervious to hits. Then spin playing puck protect until constantly trying to force the cross ice one timer. Even with me positioned in front of the net with my stick on the ice, they would still get through and he wasn't using saucer pass. He did this all game and won because I refuse to play that game and tried to setup real plays.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    LT and hold down A unrealistic but it works another thing that EA calls the skill gap oh I forget to mention spamming the the stick lift as he skate's through traffic never losing the puck ,but if you try to stick lift as he's doing it's you that will get a penalty ,this game heavily favors the offense ,and please Devs don't ask for a video this has been already been posted
    Post edited by thegarden94 on
    mkgj3comg692.jpg

You got one of those dancing little Mary's that all they do is twirl and twirl and use the protect the puck bubble that makes them immune to a check ahhh but it's what EA calls the "skill gap" ...and yes Sega it is the intention of the mechanic , because in old gen you couldn't do this because eventually you would lose the puck or just completely be out of gas

I honestly believe this was one reason for them removing the "blown tire" animation.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    mkgj3comg692.jpg

I honestly believe this was one reason for them removing the "blown tire" animation.

You are not wrong my friend ,can you imagine if they brought the blown tire animation back a lot of the elite would lose their elite status and there would be an out cry from the twitch stream's a long with a few others.
  • [quote="amxblade;c-2171130"]Funny isn't it how EA is more concerned with censoring the forums than actually coming on here and defending the horrible product they've put out. I've seen many other developers answer questions on their forums, but in here it's usually just *crickets*. [/quote]
    I'll tell you what the issue is, it's us. We're the idiots that keep dishing out our cash for the same **** poor game year after year. Maybe if we all stopped buying it, EA would actually try to make a decent and fresh game for once.
  • amxblade wrote: »
    If the Devs want video proof, all they need to do is go play a game if HUT Champions, wow, every single game its spam the poke and only go for cross ice one timers. How do people find this to be fun?

It's terrible isn't it ,game is one dimensional no creativity it's the same thing over and over again ,but dodging will be fixed so it's all good ...

I'm a big fan of the Borderlands series.
    It's a game from 2k.
    It is the best shooter that completely playfully puts everyone else in the pocket.
    Why?
    Because when I'm on the moon, there is just a different gravity ... If I have to choose weapons, there are millions of them and yet I can play with the very first one I find!

I don't think Borderlands is a brilliant shooter, just the creators of this game have thought of how to make the game fun, funny, but also a game that will never bore you.

In my opinion, there is not much difference between a sports game and an fps steile when I play it on a console, so we all have the same chances.

Borderlands 1,2,3 advice I shoot the same monsters.
    And I enjoy it because it's a fun shooter. Definitely the funniest in the world.

Nhl doesn't like me and I won't enjoy it just because EA will add supermen and mascots to ice.
    Nhl is starting to enjoy EA's ability to transfer the atmosphere of hockey to the console controller. And that, unfortunately, has not succeeded in all 30 years.

• This image says it all but here come the people saying "well we dont know where those shots were from". No, if you can score on 50 percent or more of shots, theres a problem and it aint his D.

Sorry, but there's no way to deduce that from an end-of-game screenshot.

I know I'll get crap for it, and I love Sega, but that image doesn't really prove anything.