EA Forums - Banner

When is the next tuner coming?

Replies

• MaskedMan2014 for game changer. He knows whats wrong with this game.

Not a chance. I dont think anyone cares what I think. Also I wouldnt even have interest in doing it.
  • MaskedMan2014 for game changer. He knows whats wrong with this game.

Not a chance. I dont think anyone cares what I think. Also I wouldnt even have interest in doing it.

I feel like doing that job would be like being offered a coaching job with the Detroit Lions or NY Jets LOL.
  • There was a guy here that was a game changer I think he quit because he didn't like the direction the game was going and he was right
  • goalielivesmatte
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    There was a guy here that was a game changer I think he quit because he didn't like the direction the game was going and he was right

EA renewed their rights with NHL and NHLPA so I doubt 2K or SDS will make a hockey for next gen either :( Hopefully some company makes just ESHL mode for next gen since you don't need NHL license for that.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I wonder if things like this will be fixed

• There was a guy here that was a game changer I think he quit because he didn't like the direction the game was going and he was right

EA renewed their rights with NHL and NHLPA so I doubt 2K or SDS will make a hockey for next gen either :( Hopefully some company makes just ESHL mode for next gen since you don't need NHL license for that.

I don't believe that deal is exclusive though. I'm with ya though. If somebody would just make a hockey game with "fake everything" in it that appears like licensed teams/players/logos I would totally be on board with that. That doesn't say much about EA if customers are willing to settle for generic everything for a BETTER experience.
  • if EA wants everyone to be nice to them they should be nice to us

They are nice to the people who are nice to them.

People here literally argue about how the game should work with the people who develop it.

It's so incredibly mind-numbing to try and comprehend the entitlement it takes to do that.

providing feedback is one thing - there's a lot of good people here who provide detailed feedback.

But literally telling the lead gameplay designer that he "doesn't know hockey" and after he lays out in great detail why something works the way it does he see's "yea.. that's not how it works"..

I mean seriously - there's so many huge egos around here.
  • if EA wants everyone to be nice to them they should be nice to us

They are nice to the people who are nice to them.

People here literally argue about how the game should work with the people who develop it.

It's so incredibly mind-numbing to try and comprehend the entitlement it takes to do that.

providing feedback is one thing - there's a lot of good people here who provide detailed feedback.

But literally telling the lead gameplay designer that he "doesn't know hockey" and after he lays out in great detail why something works the way it does he see's "yea.. that's not how it works"..

I mean seriously - there's so many huge egos around here.

We pay money for a product. Some of us are not wealthy where 60-100$ means something to us. When we find the product is incomplete or doesnt work properly we are upset by this. A multi billion dollar company is basically abusing its clientele. Bugs and broken things within franchise. BAP was hyped to no end and is now disappointing. Online play is a troll fest. INCOMPLETE product.

There is a reason why they dont tell us anything...if we knew the truth about what was being released hundreds and thousands of people would not buy this game. The way information is passed on by the parent company is done by very intelligent design.

Did you read my list of bugs above or what? Is it not okay to think that way?

• We pay money for a product.

Yes, but that product is considered art. An interpretation of reality - in this case - the sport of hockey.

Just because the artist (EA developers) and their representation of the sport of hockey isn't exactly the same as what YOU deem to be the proper interpretation of hockey in the virtual world does not mean you were screwed out of owning or using the 'product' you bought - it just means you don't like it.
    Some of us are not wealthy where 60-100$ means something to us. When we find the product is incomplete or doesnt work properly we are upset by this.

I want you to provide me a list of every game that has ever been released that didn't have a bug in it.

I also want you to show a bug in the game that is preventing you from executing the feature as advertised.

I understand that there are bugs that make the game an unreasonable representation of hockey in your opinion, and that there are hiccups with the new BAP conversations and career-trajectory - but there isn't anything in the game right now that makes it literally unplayble (aside from network connection issues) - just things that make it not enjoyable for those who demand the game fit their view of what hockey is.
    A multi billion dollar company is basically abusing its clientele. Bugs and broken things within franchise. BAP was hyped to no end and is now disappointing. Online play is a troll fest. INCOMPLETE product.

Aside from the bugs in franchise (which don't make the mode unplayble) - everything you've listed is just your opinion. BAP may be disappointing, but it's not unplaybale....
    There is a reason why they dont tell us anything...if we knew the truth about what was being released hundreds and thousands of people would not buy this game. The way information is passed on by the parent company is done by very intelligent design.

This doesn't even make sense. What the heck is EA hiding from us?

It's perfectly fine to think your opinion of how hockey should be represented on the console is better than EA's execution. Nobody has said it's wrong to have that opinion.

However, it is NOT okay to say the developers of the game are 'lazy' or 'don't know hockey' and it's NOT okay to berate a developer for providing technical insight in to the under-the-hood mechanics at play during certain scenarios.

Again - to say the developers of the game are WRONG about the game they develop is very cringe.

• We pay money for a product.

Yes, but that product is considered art. An interpretation of reality - in this case - the sport of hockey.

Just because the artist (EA developers) and their representation of the sport of hockey isn't exactly the same as what YOU deem to be the proper interpretation of hockey in the virtual world does not mean you were screwed out of owning or using the 'product' you bought - it just means you don't like it.
    Some of us are not wealthy where 60-100$ means something to us. When we find the product is incomplete or doesnt work properly we are upset by this.

I want you to provide me a list of every game that has ever been released that didn't have a bug in it.

I also want you to show a bug in the game that is preventing you from executing the feature as advertised.

I understand that there are bugs that make the game an unreasonable representation of hockey in your opinion, and that there are hiccups with the new BAP conversations and career-trajectory - but there isn't anything in the game right now that makes it literally unplayble (aside from network connection issues) - just things that make it not enjoyable for those who demand the game fit their view of what hockey is.
    A multi billion dollar company is basically abusing its clientele. Bugs and broken things within franchise. BAP was hyped to no end and is now disappointing. Online play is a troll fest. INCOMPLETE product.

Aside from the bugs in franchise (which don't make the mode unplayble) - everything you've listed is just your opinion. BAP may be disappointing, but it's not unplaybale....

This doesn't even make sense. What the heck is EA hiding from us?

It's perfectly fine to think your opinion of how hockey should be represented on the console is better than EA's execution. Nobody has said it's wrong to have that opinion.

However, it is NOT okay to say the developers of the game are 'lazy' or 'don't know hockey' and it's NOT okay to berate a developer for providing technical insight in to the under-the-hood mechanics at play during certain scenarios.

Again - to say the developers of the game are WRONG about the game they develop is very cringe.

I have no idea who you are or why you choose to be rude and put words in my mouth but I will do what I can to have a conversation with you I guess.

1. The game has a 2.4 rating on metacritic. This is not just me or a few people on the forums. This is reddit, operation sports, the forums, general opinions by a large amount of people. A LOT of people do not like this game and share the opinion that it is incomplete and not worth a regular price tag.
    2. There is a difference between a bug and a broken mess. Every game has bugs. That is not the issue. What is the issue is that people who play offline had to wait 6 weeks to be able to play franchise due to a ton of freezing issues and bugs that caused the game to crash. Online had issues with DC losses and pause glitches that have existed for years now.
    3. As far as bugs to prevent me from playing. Sure.
    A. Chemistry, coaching styles, scouting, potential are all busted in franchise. How am I supposed to "be a gm" when I cant execute this stuff? These have been an issue for years now and have not been addressed. Upon release you couldnt even edit your lines after an injury.
    B. When I play online this game and this game alone is the only one I own that has bad lag. I have a wired connection, high speed internet, and a gaming router. Yet NHL is the only one I have problems with.
    C. BAP was revamped and hyped up. When you play the mode it is only worth a single season of playing. Nothing is engaging after the rookie year and the conversations are weird. Plus, floating heads, incomplete UI graphics are completely broke.
    4. My opinion is shared by thousands...
    5. If EA was honest from the start that these things were broken and there would be so many issues upon release then a lot of people would have either waited or not purchased the game at all. Instead, everything was marketed to look fantastic but people who play these modes have found out that is not reality.
    6. I never said anyone is lazy. I never said anyone doesnt know hockey. I never berated anyone. I simply joined to forums to vent frustration over a game I paid 60$ that is incomplete. I never said any of that actually.

Please, feel free to discuss but if you continue to be rude I will have no choice than to block you.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1374 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Please, feel free to discuss but if you continue to be rude I will have no choice than to block you.

sigh..... I wasn't being rude in the slightest.

1. The game has a 2.4 rating on metacritic. This is not just me or a few people on the forums. This is reddit, operation sports, the forums, general opinions by a large amount of people. A LOT of people do not like this game and share the opinion that it is incomplete and not worth a regular price tag.

Irrelevant. It's all opinion-based. I've never said that they're wrong for saying it's not worth a regular price tag. In fact, I agree with that sentiment.

However, I am saying it's WRONG to attack the developer and claim they don't know about the game they're developing. That's all I've ever said. I've never said "this game is worth every penny" nor have I ever said "this is the greatest game ever made".

I'm simply pointing out the absurdity in not only berating developers and claiming they don't know the sport they've been virtualizing for 30 years - but the insane mental gymnastics one has to go through to think that their opinion of how hockey should be represented trumps that of those who actually develop the game.

3. There is a difference between a bug and a broken mess. Every game has bugs. That is not the issue. What is the issue is that people who play offline had to wait 6 weeks to be able to play franchise due to a ton of freezing issues and bugs that caused the game to crash. Online had issues with DC losses and pause glitches that have existed for years now.

Yep, Like I already acknowledged - the franchise freezing bug is real issue.
    6. My opinion is shared by thousands...

Confirmation Bias :)

10. I never said anyone is lazy. I never said anyone doesnt know hockey. I never berated anyone. I simply joined to forums to vent frustration over a game I paid 60$ that is incomplete. I never said any of that actually.

I never claimed you yourself said these things. It's the general ideology the typical user who touts "this game is broken" typically aligns with.

Sorry for assuming that you share that point of view, but your posts indicate a disdain for the product's representation of hockey and that because the game doesn't live up to YOUR expectations, you don't feel you should've been charged full price.

But this raises the question; if you know that EA tends to overhype and misrepresent their version of hockey - then I believe you have nobody to blame for paying full price but yourself.

You have all of the evidence of prior years to indicate what you should expect, and you STILL purchased the game - only to have it not meet your expectations again.
  • Please, feel free to discuss but if you continue to be rude I will have no choice than to block you.

sigh..... I wasn't being rude in the slightest.

Trying to have conversation here. So let us stay on topic. I am interested to hear your view on the points I listed. I am also interested to hear where I said any of the things you accused me of. That is being rude. Saying I said all kinds of things I did not. I am simply coming to a place of discussion and providing those who need to hear it with my insight. You accused people of having egos and called customers entitled. That is also rude.

I added a bug list that was compiled between several posters. I also responded to your initial questions. Please - discuss those things. Go back to the post on page 2 and the stuff I responded to you with and lets talk if you are serious about it.
  • @KidShowtime1867

1. So game ratings by users and customers are irrelevant? Okay...
    2. I never said anything regarding "attack the developer and claim they don't know about the game they're developing". Stop using that against me because I personally did not say it. I am saying the game is deeply flawed. This is undeniable. This is ridiculous that you assume so much about people you do not know.
    3. Again you are saying things like "going through mental gymnastics". Where am I personally doing this? I am providing huge bug lists and deficiency to the forums. These are 95% fact based. Something is indented to work X way it either does not or is incomplete. Why be so condescending to people who are not satisfied with the product they bought from a multi billion dollar company? This is how consumerism works.
    4. You asked for game breaking bugs as if they do not exist and I provided them and now you agree? What is the point of all of this then?
    5. Confirmation bias is not easily findable customer reviews over and over again. It is undeniable empirical proof that other do in fact agree with me and many others.
    6. Why then say these things using the easy excuse of the "typical user"? I am not the typical user. You do not know me. This game IS broken on many levels. That has nothing to do with the types of users playing it. My disdain for the product is I cannot play franchise mode fully because it was released unfinished. I cannot enjoy offline play because there are a multitude of bugs and broken things that do not allow me to do so. Offline mode is a mess on so many levels.

In all it seems like I am to blame for this game sucking hard? Got it. Thank you for your valuable insight. I think it would be best if we discontinue conversation as I believe you are trying to set me up to get warned. I will not allow it. Good day.
  • In all it seems like I am to blame for this game sucking hard? Got it. Thank you for your valuable insight. I think it would be best if we discontinue conversation as I believe you are trying to set me up to get warned. I will not allow it. Good day.

Naw I'm just saying it's not the "broken mess" you claim it is.

Good day.

• Everything is fine. It is all in our heads. Nothing to see here.

A trait in the wrong category.

A glitch resulting in a penalty off-play sequence but not resulting in an actual penalty.

A random twitter user's thoughts about the game where he essentially posts a wishlist.

A complaint about TWF's not getting +5 in chemistry.

A small bug in "Natrual Regression" in Franchise mode.

Someone's lack of understanding about how to adjust strategies during the game to limit the AI's tendecies to traverse behind the net and get caught up in board battles and a subsequent lack of understanding on how to come out on top of A.I. board battles.

'Gameplay in a Nutshell' - a glitch that doesn't happen with any kind of regularity.

A big hit & a fight timed EXACTLY as the puck goes across the line.. again - something that doesn't happen with any kind of regularity.

AI complaints... sheese.. I've posted countless clips of A.I. issues.

None of these makes the game 'unplayable'.

Glitches/bugs.. absolutely.

Preventing you from playing the game? Absolutely not.

• I wonder if things like this will be fixed

Are things like this being looked into
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    I wonder if things like this will be fixed

Are things like this being looked into

This is actually an interesting one. It is not intended to turn out this way but due to the design, it makes sense it could be possible.

When in DSS, you only trip the player if you your stick goes through a single leg inside to out or through both legs. If it makes contact with one leg outside to in, it doesn't cause a trip as this is usually a player showing control and trying to reach around from the outside and similar to cases where the stick would just get blocked/pushed away from the lead leg if the stick were in physics. If the player has less control, they are more likely to hit the conditions that do cause trips with the DSS.

If the stick goes through a leg, it does block it from making stick on stick or stick on puck contact to also simulate that the stick, if in physics, could not have got there. However, it only blocks it for a certain amount of future frames to simulate that the player would be able to then move their stick around the block and eventually get their stick to where they want it.

In this scenario, it is obviously one of the worst edge cases that can result from those rules because the player was able to get their stick between the legs of the player and be there for enough frames without making contact with a leg again to reset that black out timer and also without triggering a trip condition before it then allowed contact again.

If the stick is through the legs like this incidentally with a skating animation, we don't allow incidental stick on stick contact and only allow it for manual actions (pokes and dss) due to the risk you take in possibly tripping them.

The best fix for this (other than getting the stick fully in physics) would probably be to find a way to ignore stick on stick contact if it happens from between the legs of the player after you go through a leg indefinitely until you fully exit DSS and go into it again. However, the reason the rule exists right now is in cases where you reach from the outside and make contact with the leg and realize it and move the stick to stay outside the leg, still in DSS after the contact, and want to be able to then make future contact with the stick or puck if you can hit it clean without having to exit DSS completely first. So that is why the blackout window is there and opens back up at all.

We still continue to do prototypes of the stick in physics in these scenarios and it would avoid us from having to rely on rules like this but it presents it's own set of challenges around tensions of joints in the ik chains and getting realistic resolutions.

I did see the video when you linked it before as well so appreciate the video so that we can discuss options similar to what I wrote above.
  • Sega82mega
    2326 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I would vote for contact with the leg should result in a tripping call(no second chance) but not on is way back.

But nice answer 'dev' and fun to have you around. You explain things in a good understandable way.