EA Forums - Banner

Another patch

Prev134

Replies

• Oooooh yes garden my friend, great news! I had to paus netflix just to say that!

Hope this will be dope!✊ 🤑✊
  • It will not fix cross creases. It's one of things you don't know, but you know. Lower your expectations.
  • Im interested to see the notes for the gameplay updates.
  • New HUT matchmaking mechanic, must say, im abit curious to see how they put that together.

But of course the gameplay is the grande finale..and you know im having a hard time to hold my expectations low.. 😏

I wonder when.. This will happen, this week.
  • It will not fix cross creases. It's one of things you don't know, but you know. Lower your expectations.

I'm not expecting much either
  • Hoping they the gameplay patch will adjust opposing CPU goalie so more random goals go in, not only one timers and cross crease cheese.. The opposing CPU goalie in Franchise mode is too OP. Also make the opposing CPU team shoot more against the Human in Franchise mode, playing on All-Star difficulty.
    My 2cents to make the NHL series as enjoyable as possible
  • tcnumba108 wrote: »
    Hoping they the gameplay patch will adjust opposing CPU goalie so more random goals go in, not only one timers and cross crease cheese.. The opposing CPU goalie in Franchise mode is too OP. Also make the opposing CPU team shoot more against the Human in Franchise mode, playing on All-Star difficulty.

I agree. When you play realistically against these cheesers, you can win but its not fun grinding and outsmarting someone to get a goal when all they have to do is twirl in their chel tootoo and force fire a cross crease. They call THAT balance?
  • Wow sweet, out of all the game breaking bugs in FM, they chose to fix record books and the skating animations.

I don’t believe they fixed trade values considering they’ve been broken for years and years
  • And they haven’t even touched BAP? That mode is unplayable, and pointless. It’s fun if you’re a 10yr old kid or trying to cheese the game to get 150pts every season without putting in any effort.

They took out the important features and ‘tried’ to put in half-attempted “features” that makes the game unrealistic and stupid.

The devs are so out of touch with their consumers
  • And they haven’t even touched BAP? That mode is unplayable, and pointless. It’s fun if you’re a 10yr old kid or trying to cheese the game to get 150pts every season without putting in any effort.

They took out the important features and ‘tried’ to put in half-attempted “features” that makes the game unrealistic and stupid.

The devs are so out of touch with their consumers

Honestly, this aint on the devs. They can only do what they're told to do with what they are given (which isnt much). I would pin this on lead producer and above for clearly prioritizing monetization over quality. What they seem to fail to get though, is you cant monetize a game when people get sick of how stale it is and just stop buying it. Hut should be a darn f2p mode with its own dev team, and leave the rest of the dev team on the main game focusing on quality over quantity. Just cus you hand me 20 more pieces of crap next year doesnt negate the fact that its still crap.
  • If you guys had to guess, what gameplay updates will mean, what do you think?

It's hard to tell, cause I (we) dosent really know what 'they' feel is "broken"/not working as they was hoping.

But as for fixes I hope for some A.I improvement, especially infront of the net, were I seen some bad behavior, this could possible lead to less cross creases, and perhaps even less attempts.
    Maybe that 'goalie stick' glitch has been fixed.

And ofc I love to see something that makes it harder to 'blind pass/hook' your way out of trouble. That we get a gameplay were it's importen to challenge your opponent in a clean way, and that taking shots never really should be a bad thing.

And as always I hope for a better feeling of your players on the ice.

My little list to santa. 😁
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    If you guys had to guess, what gameplay updates will mean, what do you think?

It's hard to tell, cause I (we) dosent really know what 'they' feel is "broken"/not working as they was hoping.

But as for fixes I hope for some A.I improvement, especially infront of the net, were I seen some bad behavior, this could possible lead to less cross creases, and perhaps even less attempts.

And ofc I love to see something that makes it harder to 'blind pass/hook' your way out of trouble. That we get a gameplay were it's importen to challenge your opponent in a clean way, and that taking shots never really should be a bad thing.

The fixes they need to make they won't as they proved with 19 it's not the people like you me and the rest of the people here who want to see a little more realistic game play it's the you tube twitch streamer's they're looking to please with this arcade style game play.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    If you guys had to guess, what gameplay updates will mean, what do you think?

The fixes they need to make they won't as they proved with 19 it's not the people like you me and the rest of the people here who want to see a little more realistic game play it's the you tube twitch streamer's they're looking to please with this arcade style game play.

Hmm thats odd. Arent those the same people pushing pack sales? Why EVER would they listen to them? Ohhhh yeah..its EA. Lol
  • Only fixes I feel the game needs is for contact to work when a player is twisting the stick halfway around his back making him immune to any kind of defensive moves and for Ai in the front of the net to pick up those cross creases more effectively in online modes. Offense/ defense is waaay unbalanced this year especially in HUT or any 1v1 mode where the only way to effectively stop the forced cross crease is to play a forward dropping down into the low slot every time.
  • Only fixes I feel the game needs is for contact to work when a player is twisting the stick halfway around his back making him immune to any kind of defensive moves

👍👍👍👍👍

Im sure that function is good to have in this game for some more logic reason. But how people have learned to take advantage of that is just awful.

Worst is when they just standing still against the board and working that magic.
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Only fixes I feel the game needs is for contact to work when a player is twisting the stick halfway around his back making him immune to any kind of defensive moves and for Ai in the front of the net to pick up those cross creases more effectively in online modes. Offense/ defense is waaay unbalanced this year especially in HUT or any 1v1 mode where the only way to effectively stop the forced cross crease is to play a forward dropping down into the low slot every time.

Lol ,EA and well let's just say their advisors wanted to stop skill zoning by making the AI less effective but it only made it worse , because now skill zoning is done more then ever because of trying to stop the OP cross crease pass
    Post edited by thegarden94 on
  • Bring us the patch already!

But of course, take your time if needed so, but hurry up!

😄
  • thegarden94
    457 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Well I'm in New York and I get anywhere from 10 -20 anything over my guys feel sluggish hopefully it stay's that way ... maybe Someone can answer this