EA Forums - Banner

Constructive approach

Replies

  • They can also make weird micro-movements.

    Humans can make the same movements.

    Feathering the left stick will yield similar results.

    The game is trending towards fast twitch skill and they've improved the fidelity on the left stick to facilitate that. Problem is - there are a lot of people who don't understand that and then question how the A.I. or other human players can have such dominance over them..
  • MaskedMan2014
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    They can also make weird micro-movements.

    Humans can make the same movements. (nope)

    Feathering the left stick will yield similar results. (similar is not identical)

    The game is trending towards fast twitch skill and they've improved the fidelity on the left stick to facilitate that. Problem is - there are a lot of people who don't understand that and then question how the A.I. or other human players can have such dominance over them..

    Yeah, no we cannot. I will find video of this when time permits and I challenge anyone to be able to duplicate it.
    I manhandle the AI on superstar. I certainly do not need to question dominance by them as it does not exist. Before my team quit (thanks EASHL finals...) we were in division 1 and had a record of 115-29-6. Humans do not dominate me.

    It is the way the AI can instantly hustle and make very strange small movements that no human can make.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • MdMc11
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    They can also make weird micro-movements.

    Humans can make the same movements. (nope)

    Feathering the left stick will yield similar results. (similar is not identical)

    The game is trending towards fast twitch skill and they've improved the fidelity on the left stick to facilitate that. Problem is - there are a lot of people who don't understand that and then question how the A.I. or other human players can have such dominance over them..

    Yeah, no we cannot. I will find video of this when time permits and I challenge anyone to be able to duplicate it.
    I manhandle the AI on superstar. I certainly do not need to question dominance by them as it does not exist. Before my team quit (thanks EASHL finals...) we were in division 1 and had a record of 115-29-6. Humans do not dominate me.

    It is the way the AI can instantly hustle and make very strange small movements that no human can make.
    (Socair - edited quote)

    Absolutely agree. No human playing this game could ever begin to truly replicate these ridiculously wonky, physics-defying, hyper-speed animations we see the AI so casually do. Often at that.

    Any talk about "feathering the sticks" are comical, because that ain't it. The AI moves, behaves, recovers, & reacts accordingly. "If I do this, AI does that... but if I do that, AI does this." They read our controller inputs before we hardly even can make them which is why they appear to be suffering a seizure with the puck, all while somehow doing so in a controlled manner. AI just simply beating the user at his own game, as intended.

    The devs have explained before how an ai forward is a stock TWF, and an AI defenseman is a TWD. Okay, sure... but why then is a stock height/weight, basic TW class with zero traits applied the only one on the ice with infinite stamina, the only one in the rink who can skate down any agile skater with a clear breakaway from wherever, and then having the situational awareness & know-how to just rip the puck away while throwing a no look behind the back tweener stretch pass hitting his teammate in perfect stride, literally tape to tape.

    Somebody please upload video clips of successfully checking an AI and ending up with the puck. You go for a hit, he'll dodge it and slide that perfect pass 9/10 times. He collects every puck loose in open ice so his trash teammates can load up on TOA and SOG, and hell... if they can't get the job done with their unaimed blue line slingshots the AI will just continue to fusbol himself around the zone and bury it himself.

    Post edited by Socair on
  • MaskedMan2014
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    MdMc11 wrote: »
    They can also make weird micro-movements.

    Humans can make the same movements. (nope)

    Feathering the left stick will yield similar results. (similar is not identical)

    The game is trending towards fast twitch skill and they've improved the fidelity on the left stick to facilitate that. Problem is - there are a lot of people who don't understand that and then question how the A.I. or other human players can have such dominance over them..

    Yeah, no we cannot. I will find video of this when time permits and I challenge anyone to be able to duplicate it. Again, your comment is a typical form of condescension and I have no idea why you resort to this constantly or why this is even allowed. As is typical, you are trying to get me to slip up and bait me to say something that will get me reprimanded. Not going to happen.

    I manhandle the AI on superstar. I certainly do not need to question dominance by them as it does not exist. Before my team quit (thanks EASHL finals...) we were in division 1 and had a record of 115-29-6. Humans do not dominate me.

    It is the way the AI can instantly hustle and make very strange small movements that no human can make. Say what you want but try to provide some sort of substance to the thread rather than trolling it.

    Absolutely agree. No human playing this game could ever begin to truly replicate these ridiculously wonky, physics-defying, hyper-speed animations we see the AI so casually do. Often at that.

    Any talk about "feathering the sticks" are comical, because that ain't it. The AI moves, behaves, recovers, & reacts accordingly. "If I do this, AI does that... but if I do that, AI does this." They read our controller inputs before we hardly even can make them which is why they appear to be suffering a seizure with the puck, all while somehow doing so in a controlled manner. AI just simply beating the user at his own game, as intended.

    The devs have explained before how an ai forward is a stock TWF, and an AI defenseman is a TWD. Okay, sure... but why then is a stock height/weight, basic TW class with zero traits applied the only one on the ice with infinite stamina, the only one in the rink who can skate down any agile skater with a clear breakaway from wherever, and then having the situational awareness & know-how to just rip the puck away while throwing a no look behind the back tweener stretch pass hitting his teammate in perfect stride, literally tape to tape.

    Somebody please upload video clips of successfully checking an AI and ending up with the puck. You go for a hit, he'll dodge it and slide that perfect pass 9/10 times. He collects every puck loose in open ice so his trash teammates can load up on TOA and SOG, and hell... if they can't get the job done with their unaimed blue line slingshots the AI will just continue to fusbol himself around the zone and bury it himself.

    Tonight I finally have some time. My life is hectic and busy but tonight I can demonstrate this stuff to defend my position.

    First - AI hustle is instant and seemingly more fluid than I can ever attempt. I play on Superstar and beat the CPU usually. My fastest player cannot keep up with the AI sometimes. Especially when chasing a lose puck or beating an icing. The human has to click the R3 and that takes just a moment to get going. The AI does not have to click and it takes them no time to get to speed. It is really dumb because my entire goal offline is to slow the play down, allow separation to happen, and try to balance the animations with the speed of the game itself. I want there to be space that is earned. I want 2 on 1's to be something where, if earned, can develop into something truly nice. I want odd man rushes to be the same. Counter attacking to be earned. Etc. etc.

    Second - I cannot speak if the AI reads controller input. I test this sometimes by charging up a pass and holding it a certain way to see if the CPU reads that. Sometimes I think they do and sometimes I think they do not. I am sure our rockstar @EA_Aljo can add the facts of the matter in. Dont call him a liar. Dont claim he is part of a conspiracy. He has no reason to lie to us. Be nice, be constructive, be supportive. The dude works tirelessly to try and answer our questions and he gets pooed on for it. That does not help.

    Third - When it comes to chasing people down - hustle is ruining the space that is earned. If you are at the red line and the player with the puck is at the blue line there should be no way they catch you. I dont care if you slightly correct your angle. They are toast. Hustle is a speed boost that does not help this game in the long run. The reason I have this opinion is because we see so often games turn into bunch ball clumping. Space is as good as gold in hockey. If you earned it and made a play to get it you should be rewarded with it. If the defenders dont give it to you you should have a hard time. Hustle is like a bandaid for poor positioning.

    Fourth - no look behind the back curling your stick passing needs to be destroyed. You cannot throw a maximum speed pass like this in the real world. The use of backhand shielding has taken the place of puck protect. I am fine with this. However when you are doing this it should be really difficult to make plays this way.

    EA NHL 21 is not a failure. It is not a bad game. Offline is really fun for me and I havent been able to say that for 7 years. Online is a mess though. People claim DDA. There is no DDA. What there is is a lack of balance, too much speed, too many bandaids, and a skill gap that favors playing offense. It is nothing but speed, forcing passes and playing like rambo. That is not balance. I commend EA for trying and I bet it is really really hard to actually achieve. This does not mean they dont know about it either. These people are probably aware. They have lives as well and do not sit at the studio 24/7.

    If there was more space the game would be more fun. If there was less hustle that space could be used better. If that space is earned via good plays then the goals that follow can become magical. You can cover too much ice when you make a mistake and this is a defensive bandaid that I disagree with.
  • Additions:

    1. https://www.reddit.com/r/EANHLfranchise/comments/kasnnd/prospect_growth_study_results_explained_in/

    Player growth in franchise mode is a mystery.

    2. https://www.reddit.com/r/EANHLfranchise/comments/kalg04/chemistry_system_is_horrible/

    mentioned in original thread, the chemistry systems needs worked on

    3. Puck ragging needs to be addressed. At the NHL level you cannot get away with playing keep away indefinitely and there is a penalty for not moving the puck forward deliberately

    4. https://www.reddit.com/r/EA_NHL/comments/kaxelb/my_assessment_playing_nhl21_after_not_playing/

    Reasonable critique

    More to come.
  • "rush with speed, deke or go around the defensemen, make a cross crease pass and score"

    This is a well known problem, I have felt it sence 15, but it's never been so clear as it is in 21..I can defend it better then ever, with how things are now, but its still the same play im always losing against.

    But im sort of happy, that so many has start to realize the same thing as me.. It's not that fun to play this kinda games, over and over.

    But I do think that the developers are aware of this 'monotonous- meta' and are doing there best to change things up.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    "rush with speed, deke or go around the defensemen, make a cross crease pass and score"

    This is a well known problem, I have felt it sence 15, but it's never been so clear as it is in 21..I can defend it better then ever, with how things are now, but its still the same play im always losing against.

    But im sort of happy, that so many has start to realize the same thing as me.. It's not that fun to play this kinda games, over and over.

    But I do think that the developers are aware of this 'monotonous- meta' and are doing there best to change things up.

    There simply needs to be the addition of hockey plays brought into this game. Basic cycles, basic overlaps, drop pass plays, legit strategies to use rather than abusing the lousy mechanic we call hustle and only feeding one timers. Sweet hockey plays are way more fun than a hustle down the wing force a pass goal. #provemewrong

    What would you rather see? The META or a zone entry - criss cross drop pass - tic tac toe play where the defenders look like they got beat because they stole something?

    Everything I have ever read that NHLDEV posts leads me to believe he not only cares about this game but wants it to play like hockey. The problem is the people who make the decisions have no grip on that concept as their only true concern is profit. The development team are held hostage by the superiors and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    "rush with speed, deke or go around the defensemen, make a cross crease pass and score"

    This is a well known problem, I have felt it sence 15, but it's never been so clear as it is in 21..I can defend it better then ever, with how things are now, but its still the same play im always losing against.

    But im sort of happy, that so many has start to realize the same thing as me.. It's not that fun to play this kinda games, over and over.

    But I do think that the developers are aware of this 'monotonous- meta' and are doing there best to change things up.

    There simply needs to be the addition of hockey plays brought into this game. Basic cycles, basic overlaps, drop pass plays, legit strategies to use rather than abusing the lousy mechanic we call hustle and only feeding one timers. Sweet hockey plays are way more fun than a hustle down the wing force a pass goal. #provemewrong

    What would you rather see? The META or a zone entry - criss cross drop pass - tic tac toe play where the defenders look like they got beat because they stole something?

    Everything I have ever read that NHLDEV posts leads me to believe he not only cares about this game but wants it to play like hockey. The problem is the people who make the decisions have no grip on that concept as their only true concern is profit. The development team are held hostage by the superiors and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

    The gameplay has defenetly been stuck, in the same muddy hole for a long time, thats why 21 was a really breath of fresh air for me, there's something diffrent, that got us closer to hockey, but I cant still just take some beers and sit back and enjoy the adrenaline of hockey. I get to angry after 2-3 games. Angry on my opponent's that dosent seem to wanna play hockey and angry because they can get away with that goofy play.

    To not mention, puck ragging, please.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    "rush with speed, deke or go around the defensemen, make a cross crease pass and score"

    This is a well known problem, I have felt it sence 15, but it's never been so clear as it is in 21..I can defend it better then ever, with how things are now, but its still the same play im always losing against.

    But im sort of happy, that so many has start to realize the same thing as me.. It's not that fun to play this kinda games, over and over.

    But I do think that the developers are aware of this 'monotonous- meta' and are doing there best to change things up.

    There simply needs to be the addition of hockey plays brought into this game. Basic cycles, basic overlaps, drop pass plays, legit strategies to use rather than abusing the lousy mechanic we call hustle and only feeding one timers. Sweet hockey plays are way more fun than a hustle down the wing force a pass goal. #provemewrong

    What would you rather see? The META or a zone entry - criss cross drop pass - tic tac toe play where the defenders look like they got beat because they stole something?

    Everything I have ever read that NHLDEV posts leads me to believe he not only cares about this game but wants it to play like hockey. The problem is the people who make the decisions have no grip on that concept as their only true concern is profit. The development team are held hostage by the superiors and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

    The gameplay has defenetly been stuck, in the same muddy hole for a long time, thats why 21 was a really breath of fresh air for me, there's something diffrent, that got us closer to hockey, but I cant still just take some beers and sit back and enjoy the adrenaline of hockey. I get to angry after 2-3 games. Angry on my opponent's that dosent seem to wanna play hockey and angry because they can get away with that goofy play.

    To not mention, puck ragging, please.

    Sega , like is said before ,slow down the AI just a bit and improving their positioning would change this game tremendously ,and as for ragging they should go back to old gen when if you held on to the puck to long you would blow a tire ,this would eliminate the ragging and stop those dancing little Mary's that all they do is twirl around in the corner waiting for a one timer to open up
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    "rush with speed, deke or go around the defensemen, make a cross crease pass and score"

    This is a well known problem, I have felt it sence 15, but it's never been so clear as it is in 21..I can defend it better then ever, with how things are now, but its still the same play im always losing against.

    But im sort of happy, that so many has start to realize the same thing as me.. It's not that fun to play this kinda games, over and over.

    But I do think that the developers are aware of this 'monotonous- meta' and are doing there best to change things up.

    There simply needs to be the addition of hockey plays brought into this game. Basic cycles, basic overlaps, drop pass plays, legit strategies to use rather than abusing the lousy mechanic we call hustle and only feeding one timers. Sweet hockey plays are way more fun than a hustle down the wing force a pass goal. #provemewrong

    What would you rather see? The META or a zone entry - criss cross drop pass - tic tac toe play where the defenders look like they got beat because they stole something?

    Everything I have ever read that NHLDEV posts leads me to believe he not only cares about this game but wants it to play like hockey. The problem is the people who make the decisions have no grip on that concept as their only true concern is profit. The development team are held hostage by the superiors and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

    The gameplay has defenetly been stuck, in the same muddy hole for a long time, thats why 21 was a really breath of fresh air for me, there's something diffrent, that got us closer to hockey, but I cant still just take some beers and sit back and enjoy the adrenaline of hockey. I get to angry after 2-3 games. Angry on my opponent's that dosent seem to wanna play hockey and angry because they can get away with that goofy play.

    To not mention, puck ragging, please.

    Sega , like is said before ,slow down the AI just a bit and improving their positioning would change this game tremendously ,and as for ragging they should go back to old gen when if you held on to the puck to long you would blow a tire ,this would eliminate the ragging and stop those dancing little Mary's that all they do is twirl around in the corner waiting for a one timer to open up

    It's 'almost' impossible to keep up with the speed if your intention is to play as real as you can. It looks insane sometimes, and it gets pretty clear for me thoose times I manage to get a turnover, and the opponent has to defend, and all he can do is to skate with he's back against me when I am the puck carrier, he dosent have the room/time to even press L2 to turn himself around. How are we suppose to play hockey that way..?

    I would like to avoid, as far as it go, to keep the gameplay as realistic as possible without any 'strange things' that happen if you hold the puck to long, but that would be impossible IRL, if there's a 1 vs 1 situation and the puck carrier just circle round and round without the other one catching him. Sometimes it feels just the same as a carousel, that just keeps going round and round with the same exact distance between the 'horses' in the carousel.
  • Additional ideas/critiques (not necessarily my opinions more of a general consensus from reddit, here, OS, etc.):

    1. General season fatigue in Season/Franchise mode. As things currently stand your players do not get tired and you dont really have to shuffle your lineup on a game by game basis.
    2. Volume of play in instant replay.
    3. Perhaps modify the dump mechanic to be similar to the chip deke? It would be a quicker play and allow players to have another option to clear the zone when forechecking pressure is high.
    4. Give and go pass mechanic? Hold a certain button while passing so when you get the puck with your receiver the passer breaks.
    5. Team overalls in Franchise Mode are kinda whacky.
    6. Naming of FM save files for easier browsing. When you "continue" it creates another save file causing a mess of saves.
    7. Turn off trading block edits in FM. Usually - from my experience - my trade block is nothing I would do.
    8. Save custom lines. In SEGA games you could "save lines" and that was cool.
    9. Can @EA_Aljo get us better information on Goalie Consistency attribute please?
    10. For some reason, your starting goalie has a higher chance of getting injured 1-2 weeks pre-playoffs in FM.
    11. Better negotiation system? Bonuses - no trade/movement clauses, etc.?
    12. Increase or balance side to side movements as well as puck reception animations. I will try to provide video of this.
    13. Better hat trick presentation. Would be cool to see more hats.
    14. Suspensions. If you get 2-3 misconducts in a row or within a week (whatever anyone would decide) you can be suspended.
    15. The AI has an unfair advantage using hustle. Their acceleration is instant and maximum. I have yet to be able to fix this via sliders.
    16. Is every game a sell-out?
    17. Players off the puck do not develop momentum to where the play is going. Not getting to open space or in a proper support position.
    18. Players always moving this way negatively effects the PP.
    19. Stops and starts are a bit slow.
  • "Increase or balance side to side movements as well as puck reception animations. I will try to provide video of this."

    I like that.. Because you usally have a guy coming for you the second you receive a pass, it's importen to be able to change direaction and keep agility and speed momentum the very same second you get the puck.

    smoother transition from side to side.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Another good reason to somehow force people to slow down, would be the goalies, the goalie's has suffer from this speed meta sence way back.

    All this talk about " it dosent mather what goalie you have, there all the same".. Is mainly because if you are able to max out your speed, eventually you will score, and in that case it won't mather if it's 99ovr or 77 ovr, that cross crease is going to the net.
    And beacuse many(all of them?) goals we do, often is built around 'the speed meta', the question of which goalie to choose, never really been that importen. More then, "'he's gotta be big, so maybe he somehow happen to be in the way of the puck."
  • Since I’m feeling nice today, I will give some feedback on forechecking and what the purpose of a forecheck is as my AI teammates appear to be confused as to why they’re turning the play in the corner. Maybe we can get both AI teammates that aren’t as dumb as rocks and AI opponents that will actually headman the puck/chip the puck out/eat the puck in the near future to mitigate the AI doing 17 breakout restarts and turn backs every time they try to leave the zone.

    To start, the first guy in on a even-strength forecheck is trying to turn the play either to the weakside or the strong side. This is crucial to the whole forecheck that the first guy turns the play and applies pressure on the puck carrier. In this game when you the user control the 1st guy and you inevitably turn the CPU to a side because they don’t feel like getting hit/pinned or that physics should affect them + their ability to stop on a dime and break the physics engine to go from 0 to 100 to escape the initial pressure, you then naturally want to switch guys to F2 or a pinching D to complete the play right? Well, your F1 who just turned the play, who’s responsibility is to keep pressure on the carrier, simply drops all pressure because he’s concerned about a D or F2 being a micro-inch out of position so he needs to hustle to that spot which allows the CPU puck carrier to make a 90 degree cut smashing his face against the glass and then a quick physics-breaking escape move to avoid the pressure I’m now applying with F2/Dman.

    I’m glad to see the AI knowing when to escape pressure, I really am, but 99% of the time it should’ve resulted in a high chip off the glass or an earlier pass because my F1 IRL would’ve kept applying pressure and prevented the escape path. Obviously, we can’t fix the AI forecheck without fixing the AI breakout decision timing which I why I think these go hand-in-hand. This also further highlights the AI’s obsession with “positioning” and how they’re constantly ruining good plays by “covering” in scenarios where no hockey team would ever “cover” because it wouldn’t be considered an “out of position” play. This makes scenarios where the AI opposition simply allow your D to walk-in from the blueline uncontested even more frustrating to watch as I know there’s “cover” logic in the game and that would actually be considered a situation where desperate covering would happen.

    We have a lot of the tools in this game for a good hockey game, because we’re still lacking even remotely intelligent AI capable of using said pieces to complete the package. Tools and no intelligent workers means the building doesn’t get finished properly.
  • "the AI’s obsession with “positioning” and how they’re constantly ruining good plays by “covering” in scenarios where no hockey team would ever “cover” because it wouldn’t be considered an “out of position” play"

    Amen brother. Feels like the game is made for - A-B-C - ground rules of hockey newbies -.

    Almost everyone I play, seem to put focus on being - exact - in position, except from when they just running wild, totally out of position.

    But this obsession with being "positioning" makes the gameplay pretty stagnate.

    I can be two zones away from the puck carrier, with my center, but still be in perfect positioning. But it dosent always feels like the game and I, think the same way about this kinda things.
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    Additional ideas/critiques (not necessarily my opinions more of a general consensus from reddit, here, OS, etc.):

    1. General season fatigue in Season/Franchise mode. As things currently stand your players do not get tired and you dont really have to shuffle your lineup on a game by game basis.
    2. Volume of play in instant replay.
    3. Perhaps modify the dump mechanic to be similar to the chip deke? It would be a quicker play and allow players to have another option to clear the zone when forechecking pressure is high.
    4. Give and go pass mechanic? Hold a certain button while passing so when you get the puck with your receiver the passer breaks.
    5. Team overalls in Franchise Mode are kinda whacky.
    6. Naming of FM save files for easier browsing. When you "continue" it creates another save file causing a mess of saves.
    7. Turn off trading block edits in FM. Usually - from my experience - my trade block is nothing I would do.
    8. Save custom lines. In SEGA games you could "save lines" and that was cool.
    9. Can @EA_Aljo get us better information on Goalie Consistency attribute please?
    10. For some reason, your starting goalie has a higher chance of getting injured 1-2 weeks pre-playoffs in FM.
    11. Better negotiation system? Bonuses - no trade/movement clauses, etc.?
    12. Increase or balance side to side movements as well as puck reception animations. I will try to provide video of this.
    13. Better hat trick presentation. Would be cool to see more hats.
    14. Suspensions. If you get 2-3 misconducts in a row or within a week (whatever anyone would decide) you can be suspended.
    15. The AI has an unfair advantage using hustle. Their acceleration is instant and maximum. I have yet to be able to fix this via sliders.
    16. Is every game a sell-out?
    17. Players off the puck do not develop momentum to where the play is going. Not getting to open space or in a proper support position.
    18. Players always moving this way negatively effects the PP.
    19. Stops and starts are a bit slow.

    Where are you seeing the Goalie Consistency attribute?
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Additional ideas/critiques (not necessarily my opinions more of a general consensus from reddit, here, OS, etc.):

    1. General season fatigue in Season/Franchise mode. As things currently stand your players do not get tired and you dont really have to shuffle your lineup on a game by game basis.
    2. Volume of play in instant replay.
    3. Perhaps modify the dump mechanic to be similar to the chip deke? It would be a quicker play and allow players to have another option to clear the zone when forechecking pressure is high.
    4. Give and go pass mechanic? Hold a certain button while passing so when you get the puck with your receiver the passer breaks.
    5. Team overalls in Franchise Mode are kinda whacky.
    6. Naming of FM save files for easier browsing. When you "continue" it creates another save file causing a mess of saves.
    7. Turn off trading block edits in FM. Usually - from my experience - my trade block is nothing I would do.
    8. Save custom lines. In SEGA games you could "save lines" and that was cool.
    9. Can @EA_Aljo get us better information on Goalie Consistency attribute please?
    10. For some reason, your starting goalie has a higher chance of getting injured 1-2 weeks pre-playoffs in FM.
    11. Better negotiation system? Bonuses - no trade/movement clauses, etc.?
    12. Increase or balance side to side movements as well as puck reception animations. I will try to provide video of this.
    13. Better hat trick presentation. Would be cool to see more hats.
    14. Suspensions. If you get 2-3 misconducts in a row or within a week (whatever anyone would decide) you can be suspended.
    15. The AI has an unfair advantage using hustle. Their acceleration is instant and maximum. I have yet to be able to fix this via sliders.
    16. Is every game a sell-out?
    17. Players off the puck do not develop momentum to where the play is going. Not getting to open space or in a proper support position.
    18. Players always moving this way negatively effects the PP.
    19. Stops and starts are a bit slow.

    Where are you seeing the Goalie Consistency attribute?

    @EA_Aljo

    Whenever you create a goalie or edit them pre-franchise or season mode there is an attribute called Consistency. It can either be 0/2 - 1/2 - 2/2.

    It seems like 0 is considered most consistent while 2 is least consistent. However the information I can find online is muddy and I have no idea what the truth is. Does is effect simming or is it for playing as well? Is 0 most or least?

    Really odd.
  • @IceLion68 - You plan on PS or Xbox?

    I meant to ask before - what about you? It looks like I won't have a club this season any time soon if I do get this. Even people to do dropins with would be nice, assuming I get this. My last few games have been better than the first few.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    @IceLion68 - You plan on PS or Xbox?

    I meant to ask before - what about you? It looks like I won't have a club this season any time soon if I do get this. Even people to do dropins with would be nice, assuming I get this. My last few games have been better than the first few.

    I am on PS4. I would add you if you had it. Good luck with drop in. I couldnt do it. This game needs AI to make hockey plays so bad. Online is what it is. If the AI made typical plays that you see in the real game offline would be pretty good. That is all I play at this point and I can find joy in it. My score currently for the game after all this time is a 6.5/10.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    "the AI’s obsession with “positioning” and how they’re constantly ruining good plays by “covering” in scenarios where no hockey team would ever “cover” because it wouldn’t be considered an “out of position” play"

    Amen brother. Feels like the game is made for - A-B-C - ground rules of hockey newbies -.

    Almost everyone I play, seem to put focus on being - exact - in position, except from when they just running wild, totally out of position.

    But this obsession with being "positioning" makes the gameplay pretty stagnate.

    I can be two zones away from the puck carrier, with my center, but still be in perfect positioning. But it dosent always feels like the game and I, think the same way about this kinda things.

    I wish the AI were simply “made for newbies” because my teammate AI would simply prioritize getting the puck over worrying about some random spot lol. When coaching hockey, it’s always hard to teach structure and positional discipline to younger teams. I’ve never once had to teach someone “go get the puck” because it’s a natural tendency lol.

    When playing offline, your AI teammates look like they’re allergic to the puck. They want nothing to do with it. This is most seen when on the PowerPlay and you have to watch your 4 teammates start immediately trapping rather than applying an extra 1-2 guys to pressure the puck like all PowerPlay units do. I should add that my strategies are on full forecheck and aggressive offense with puck side attack defense so why are they trapping?

    The AI make a relatively impressive list of game mechanics look absolutely useless because they can’t even perform rudimentary hockey tasks. First forward on a forecheck pressures the puck. Weakside wings/dmen don’t randomly skate to the corner and stare at the glass in their defensive zone. When running a PowerPlay, you play your position and stand relatively still a lot of the time. It should be impossible to make a play because my AI are in a continuous toilet bowl cycle trying to “cover” for someone every time you move the puck carrier a micro-inch out of their spot to make a play. The play can never be made because it relies on everyone else keeping their structure.

    Would also love to see the intended logic of the forechecks. The forechecks in this game look miserable a lot of the time for the user so I really want to know what my AI want me to do. There’s many different ways to run a 1-2-2, a 2-3, a 2-1-2 so what do they actually want? A 2-3 rarely results in an AI teammate actually helping me forecheck. A 1-2-2 never results in the proper structure of a 1-2-2 or “foosball” forecheck. So what the heck do they want/expect lol? Also, a weakside lock is essentially a 1-2-2 so what’s the difference? On the topic of logic, what position is assigned to where when running an umbrella? You win an offensive zone draw and watch all 4 of your AI immediately sprinting and getting confused while you stand still so where does everyone actually want to be lol? It’s almost comical watching.

    The AI need some serious work to get this game up to a truly impressive level. Also need to get rid of their intended functionality/glitch or the speed glitch. Absolutely insane how that’s still in the game despite complaining about it for years. Totally ruins the entire game experience.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.