EA Forums - Banner

Custom attributes, bring em back!

Prev1
Title says it all, I miss being able to add points into whatever areas I wanted my skater to be better at. I miss being able to make my skater whatever height/weight i choose. It feels extremely restrictive right now with cookie cutter player builds. Does anybody else feel this way? Or do people enjoy the current system?

Replies

• I think alot of people do. I've asked for this for years. But EA keeps coming out with systems that are absolute garbage. They claim it keeps everyone at even playing field. When all they had to do was get rid of the card system. If they just gave us the attributes from day one and let us Unlock the boost packs in the same amount of ranks as it takes to unlock the traits in the newer games they wouldn't have had any issues.
    Unfortunately EA made us play 350 game to get to legend 3. 350 games was way to many. Some people can play that in 2-3 weeks while it took others 3 months. This created tons of issues. Legend 3 were playing rookies and having the ability to skate right by for goals . This also was unfair to the players who buy the game later in the year as opposed to the players who buy it on its release date.
    This could have all been avoided if EA gave us the same number of attributes you'd get for legend 3 on the first day you played the game as opposed to the 350 game grind. Yet EA felt the need to remove the system completely which made no sense at all when all it would've taken Is a simple fix.

EASHL (09-14) was the best game mode on the game just because it gave it's players the ability to customize their players to their liking as opposed to the cookie cutter builds we've been forced to use for the last 7 years of the game.

The height and weight cap of player types has also ruined the mode as well. Example Brendan Gallagher I'd say is a Grinder type player. Always infront of the net works hard to hammer home loose pucks. Hes 5'8 maybe 5'9 yet NHL 21 grinders are capped at 6'0.

I don't think I'd mind if EA got rid of player types completely and let us just build our player from the ground up.
  • I enjoyed playing the 350 to try and get legend 3, it usually took me 5 or 6 months but it made the game have a sense of progression. If players cry because they just bought the game and don't have the same unlocks as some body that had it on day 1, I don't feel sorry for them. I actually don't think there was that many people complaining, but the ones who did were relentless. The loud minority has ruined the second best game mode. Bring back gm connected 🙏
  • Funkstyle wrote: »
    Title says it all, I miss being able to add points into whatever areas I wanted my skater to be better at. I miss being able to make my skater whatever height/weight i choose. It feels extremely restrictive right now with cookie cutter player builds. Does anybody else feel this way? Or do people enjoy the current system?

I'm with you.
  • Use the same model as FIFA. It works great and allows players to really customize their skater
    I enjoyed playing the 350 to try and get legend 3, it usually took me 5 or 6 months but it made the game have a sense of progression. If players cry because they just bought the game and don't have the same unlocks as some body that had it on day 1, I don't feel sorry for them. I actually don't think there was that many people complaining, but the ones who did were relentless. The loud minority has ruined the second best game mode. Bring back gm connected 🙏

But the 350 games was why people got mad. Because they had to play rookie vs legend 3 . Honestly I couldn't careless as I play to my strengths. They need custom attributes back they've needed them for years but fail to listen
  • Theres absolutely no reason not to have custom. You just give everyone all the points from the get go and you could even leave in your awful base player types for people that are super casual and dont care.
  • If we could do this without the card grind I am with you.

I would say this game has WAY bigger problems to solve though.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
    I enjoyed playing the 350 to try and get legend 3, it usually took me 5 or 6 months but it made the game have a sense of progression. If players cry because they just bought the game and don't have the same unlocks as some body that had it on day 1, I don't feel sorry for them. I actually don't think there was that many people complaining, but the ones who did were relentless. The loud minority has ruined the second best game mode. Bring back gm connected 🙏

But the 350 games was why people got mad. Because they had to play rookie vs legend 3 . Honestly I couldn't careless as I play to my strengths. They need custom attributes back they've needed them for years but fail to listen

But the whole Legend 3 thing vs Rookie means nothing. Just meant you played the amount of games...When we would start we would steamroll some Legend 3s. Get beat by others and everything in between. The system the way it is is 100% broken, because for whatever reason, - 6’6” 240 lb PWF can keep up with 5’7” danglers.

Hell, the trait system is pointless right now because they add the negative side effects. Those negative aspects are completely unneeded. I would honestly settle for them removing the negative side effects of the traits, encaustic they make zero sense.

Better passing means you’re a worse shooter? No. It won’t make you a better shooter but it CERTAINLY should NOT make you a worse one.

Better acceleration makes you a slower skater? No. If anything it makes you quicker.

So what if someone added speed related traits...still have to put the biscuit in the basket, just means he didn’t put it boosts into his shooting.

• twhite1387 wrote: »
    Funkstyle wrote: »

But the whole Legend 3 thing vs Rookie means nothing. Just meant you played the amount of games...When we would start we would steamroll some Legend 3s. Get beat by others and everything in between. The system the way it is is 100% broken, because for whatever reason, - 6’6” 240 lb PWF can keep up with 5’7” danglers.

Hell, the trait system is pointless right now because they add the negative side effects. Those negative aspects are completely unneeded. I would honestly settle for them removing the negative side effects of the traits, encaustic they make zero sense.

Better passing means you’re a worse shooter? No. It won’t make you a better shooter but it CERTAINLY should NOT make you a worse one.

Better acceleration makes you a slower skater? No. If anything it makes you quicker.

So what if someone added speed related traits...still have to put the biscuit in the basket, just means he didn’t put it boosts into his shooting.

But that's what people complained about was that some people had more attributes/boost than others because they had played the 350 games. You could give me the base players and I dominate a majority players who had the L3 .

Attributes were just way better than the system they have now they just needed to get rid of the card system and give everyone the same amount of points from day one this way no one could complain if they were bad they were bad because of how they played not because they didn't have the points others did..

Atleast you got to customize the player to your liking not the stupid builds ea gives you. Like you said the traits make zero sense.

Attributes and Boost packs were what made EASHL about the user. Not about what EA wants you to have.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    edited December 2020
    twhite1387 wrote: »

But that's what people complained about was that some people had more attributes/boost than others because they had played the 350 games. You could give me the base players and I dominate a majority players who had the L3 .

Attributes were just way better than the system they have now they just needed to get rid of the card system and give everyone the same amount of points from day one this way no one could complain if they were bad they were bad because of how they played not because they didn't have the points others did..

Atleast you got to customize the player to your liking not the stupid builds ea gives you. Like you said the traits make zero sense.

Attributes and Boost packs were what made EASHL about the user. Not about what EA wants you to have.

Something I'm curious about is why you feel you need the boosts if you can dominate without them? The idea of the new system was to make more of an even playing field where skill is most important. The previous system saw a very high amount of players use the same builds which primarily focused on speed and shooting. Those are still dominant traits, but there are negatives with them as well. The dev team also wanted people to be more conscious about the makeup of your team. Players should be taking traits and specializations that not only complement their playstyle but the overall strengths of the team.

• [/quote]

[/quote]

I get what you're driving at my friend, but I'm going out on a limb saying that we'll never get the full customization back even though that's what the majority of players are asking for. I'd be thrilled if they kept the current system but just removed the negative side effects of the traits, that at least would be a nice middle ground
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    twhite1387 wrote: »

Something I'm curious about is why you feel you need the boosts if you can dominate without them? The idea of the new system was to make more of an even playing field where skill is most important. The previous system saw a very high amount of players use the same builds which primarily focused on speed and shooting. Those are still dominant traits, but there are negatives with them as well. The dev team also wanted people to be more conscious about the makeup of your team. Players should be taking traits and specializations that not only complement their playstyle but the overall strengths of the team.

Because I enjoyed the old system more than The trash we have now.

The only flaw with the old system was the card system. If you have every player all the attributes from day one and allowed every player to unlock the boost packs over the first 30 ranks or levels like we see now with the traits Everyone would be on the same playing field. 350 games to get to legend was a joke. Most players just stat pad to get to 350 by playing friends scoring and then having them leave. Some players could get to 359 games in 2 weeks other took 3 months. If we had the attributes from the get go there would be no issue.

Sure some skill is needed for this game but this game has so many flaws that luck is needed just as much as skill.

I can give you every flaw this game has if you'd like but it would take awhile.
    Also EA claims there isn't ice tilt but it for sure feels this way often. Soft goals hughes saves Ai turns into the best player on the ice. Fluke bounces happens all the time. Have you ever notice how blocked shots always find other players sticks perfectly. Block a shot it rarely goes into the corner or away from the play. Bet if you did a poll most players would feel ice tilt is real or the game is scripted

The old system was far superior to anything you've tried over the last 6 years. 09-14 were the best years of Eashl. 15 was the worst now the game is atleast someone what playable but definitely not as fun as the first 5 years. 3v3 with attributes and Boost would be fun as he!!.

Also player build types should not have size cap.
    Not every grinder is 6'-6'5 Branden gallagher is what 5'8 5'9 and I'd say he's a grinder type.

Not every Power forward is 6'2 and up.

Just bring back the old system already.
    The had a poll on twitter
    It was 80% in favor for the old system. Sure it was only 5000 people who voted but it that 80% would indicate most want it back.

If you do bring it back please don't go out and ruin it. Just bring it back the way it was. No add ons or subtractions.

Attributes from Day one
    Boost unlocks over the course of the first 30 ranks

Like I said if youd like to know the flaws I'll be sure to add them. I even have video of some .

• EA_Aljo
    @17ZxxzxxZ17

You're always welcome to post videos of your issues.
    @17ZxxzxxZ17

I have. And no one has replied.
  • Also no wonder why the majority of us think the offensive players have an advantage over the defensive players.

The fastest I can get my offensive dman is an 86 speed meanwhile I can get my sniper RW to 90. That’s a +4 speed advantage already.

That’s a problem.
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @17ZxxzxxZ17

Can you provide a link to it?
    @17ZxxzxxZ17

• yg0p87kc21yp.jpg
    i6om6qm7f4a8.jpg

Again poke check drag through my body for a goal
  • I'll get more this weekend. It's actually pretty embarrassing how much 💩 is in this game.
  • EA_Aljo
    @17ZxxzxxZ17

Definitely appreciate the video. Just something to keep in mind for the future would be removing the playback controls. That would help give a lot better view of what's going on.

In this video, it looks like the poke is initially getting around the leg and contacting the puck. Since a trip isn't caused when pulling the stick back after poking, what's happening here is intended. Had the stick traveled through the leg on the outgoing poke, a trip would have been called.

As far as the screenshots go, video is really needed. I'm sorry, but there isn't much we can do with those.