EA Forums - Banner

Patch 1.3.1 Notes & Discussion

EA_Blueberry
4514 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2020
Hey, NHL 21 Community.

A patch is expected to go live soon. Here are the changes you'll see in this update:

fjt4j1wbzpsp.png

Replies

• Any chance that a "no helmet" player option along with vintage goalie masks within the Create a Player section will be added to one of these patches? We've been asking for these items for years within this forum. We'd all greatly appreciate a reply re: this topic. Thank you.
  • There is also an issue with the Rangers reverse retro. The crest is colored wrong as it is missing some red in the background.
  • There is also something wrong with HUT, cant see any online season with online coop? Isnt playing togheter but still apart a positive thing in these covid days?
  • How about fixing the GLARING bugs in this game. Line changes are STILL broken, as well as a huge list of other game play issues. FIX THESE instead of uniform issues, my god get a clue.
  • > @Timmoore777 said:
    > How about fixing the GLARING bugs in this game. Line changes are STILL broken, as well as a huge list of other game play issues. FIX THESE instead of uniform issues, my god get a clue.

Could not agree more. There are numerous problems with this release however your priority is fixing shirts?!

*Face palm*
  • EA Sports can you please update the NHL 21 Be a Pro Mode, what confuses me is that in Be a Pro mode you added the all-star selection to a players milestone, yet during gameplay, the all-star game is nowhere to be found? can you please address that? why put an all-star selection in a player's milestone if a player cant actually gets selected or play in the all-star game?
  • Hey, NHL 21 Community.

A patch is expected to go live soon. Here are the changes you'll see in this update:

fjt4j1wbzpsp.png

@NHLDev what's up with the one timer shot style not staying saved to whichever one I select for my EASHL player???

I set both of my shot styles to number 11, yet I've noticed that the one timer shot style returns to the default number 1 every time after saving if I re-enter the customization tabs.
  • MdMc11 wrote: »
    Hey, NHL 21 Community.

fjt4j1wbzpsp.png

@NHLDev what's up with the one timer shot style not staying saved to whichever one I select for my EASHL player???

I set both of my shot styles to number 11, yet I've noticed that the one timer shot style returns to the default number 1 every time after saving if I re-enter the customization tabs.

Sorry, was meant for @EA_Blueberry
  • Just discovered that when I selected "Custom Teams" in the Play Now section and scrolled between the two teams I've created, the menu doesn't change to reflect anything but the logo. I think this is a glitch that needs to be fixed as well.
  • T2HD
    24 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Check out these old time goalie masks: https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-coolest-old-school-nhl-goalie-masks/
    Not including these at a minimum is a huge omission! Come on EA!! Add these and allow us to create goalies with masks like these or no mask at all! You included fans wearing better goalie facemasks than what you included on the goalies. Ridiculous. Also, add the option to create a player without a helmet! Thanks! The Alumni team members are certainly the most worthy of the extra effort! They're the reason the NHL is as great as it is! Respect.
  • @EA_Blueberry,

Still some glaring uniform issues outstanding by several years, such as this:

The Oilers' McFarlane jersey sleeve numbers are positioned in the totally wrong place, or if they can't be moved, move the sleeve banding, so that the issue is corrected:

https://twitter.com/RussJerichoArt/status/1320288531571462145

The Hurricanes' green Whalers jerseys in the AdiZero cut are still not in the game... Why?

https://twitter.com/RussJerichoArt/status/1342059855213953024

Also, speaking of logos, where is this?

https://twitter.com/RussJerichoArt/status/1338487140200706049

In my opinion, this is the best Winnipeg Jets logo in existence. The 1990-96 original Jets jerseys should be available in the game also.

One last thing. There's no PBP announcement of the name "Nordiques" in creation mode. Why?

I'm not able to add the links to what I've posted. I assume I'll need to pass a threshold? I logged in the same account credentials as I've had here since 2009 and I'm a "New User" according to my profile? :/
  • @EA_Blueberry why in HUT did you guys take away the feature to trade in your old monthly collectables for a new one? Why not leave that in the game so people actually have something to do with their old ones instead of just let them go to waste?
  • Signed on this morning...what was updated today?
  • EA_Aljo
    2847 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Blueberry why in HUT did you guys take away the feature to trade in your old monthly collectables for a new one? Why not leave that in the game so people actually have something to do with their old ones instead of just let them go to waste?

It's possible a set could be added in the future. At this time, we don't have any details on this.
  • EA_Aljo
    2847 posts EA Community Manager
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    Signed on this morning...what was updated today?

I received this notification also, but have confirmed there was no actual update. If we find out otherwise, we'll post those details.