EA Forums - Banner

The game is so rigged it's ridiculous

Prev1
The outcome of the games in NHL21 HUT is too often decided by factors out of the player’s control. Meaning that many games are scripted for you to lose.

A few weeks ago, after I decided to give this game another chance, I played an entire weekend without losing a game (9 Rivals + 12 SB) so I said to myself, DDA or Icetilt is finally gone. But unfortunately, that came back the next Tuesday. I started getting huge speed disadvantage in Rivals and after I won my first 9 SB games at Superstar, I knew EA’s script would made me loose the next game so I decided to record the last period of that game to show you. I was losing 2-0 coming to that period and I was able to comeback by dominating and only allowing 4 shots. I have posted the video here below. See what happens with 44 seconds left.

The next game, another lost.
With a tie game late in the 3rd, I got tripped but no penalty

Here's what happened next with only a few seconds left to the game

The following game another late lost in the 3rd. Here's how they scored the winning goal. See how the puck always find its way to the opposing team players.

I've also videos of recent Rival games that I won't post here but where funny things happened. I lost two of these games 1-0. I mean when I can't even score a goal, either my opponent is an elite player or the game is scripted for me to lose.

So that's it for me with the NHL franchise EA. I don't want to be part of this anymore.

Replies

• For me, it’s the matchups. I’m an average player but it seems every opponent is elite. Are there that many elite players in this game? I’m talking pro players that don’t make one mistake through the course of the game. The puck is magnetic to their sticks. Every bounce goes their way. It just makes me not want to play. I know EA is hoping I will spend more money to get the better cards, but there’s little point when your opponent are robotic like machines out there.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4818 posts EA Community Manager
    I watched the first matchup and one thing I noticed is that you always went for hits on the puck carrier when they're close to the boards for easy turnovers. The CPU finally pulled a deke at the end to put in the go-ahead score when you tried to hit them. In online competitive games against skilled human opponents, they will switch up their behavior, which it looks like the AI did at the right moment to showcase their adaptability. I think a poke-check would have been more appropriate there so you can still defend the net when it was a 2v3 rush, but hindsight is 20/20 and it was an unfortunate outcome at the end. That's my take-away from watching the first video, I'll see if I can make time to watch others today.
  • I watched the first matchup and one thing I noticed is that you always went for hits on the puck carrier when they're close to the boards for easy turnovers. The CPU finally pulled a deke at the end to put in the go-ahead score when you tried to hit them. In online competitive games against skilled human opponents, they will switch up their behavior, which it looks like the AI did at the right moment to showcase their adaptability. I think a poke-check would have been more appropriate there so you can still defend the net when it was a 2v3 rush, but hindsight is 20/20 and it was an unfortunate outcome at the end. That's my take-away from watching the first video, I'll see if I can make time to watch others today.

Make sure you do watch them with an open bias. I watched them and saw the guy poke the puck a number of times. I also noticed how his opponent was able to drag the puck and stick through his body/skates and either maintain possession of the puck, or have the puck magically slide perfectly to another opponent stick...over and over again.

What is important to note here is that the reason we call a loose puck a loose puck is that it really has NO predetermined destination. If it did it would either be a pass or a shot, really. This game is filled with moments where the puck interacts with stuff randomly, but the game will not allow the puck to be loose and live like it would in real life. Even though the guy doesn't have a video of it happening here you can totally light somebody up with a hard body check and the puck will slide perfectly to somebody on the same team.

We see these "huh?" moments happen way too much and that is part of the reason that so many people think there is something artificially changing the difficulty for one side. You don't see a "perfect puck slide" in a real NHL game like you do here.
  • what i see in the video is a user making mistake ,its not DDA or icetilt
  • Speeking of puck sliding

• EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    [quote="jplavoie96

The next game, another lost.
    With a tie game late in the 3rd, I got tripped but no penalty

[/quote]

No tripping call was made because this isn't a trip. It looks like a hit or incidental contact.
  • > @EA_Aljo said:
    > [quote="jplavoie96
    >
    > The next game, another lost.
    > With a tie game late in the 3rd, I got tripped but no penalty
    >
    > https://youtu.be/nxOQik8qsTA
    >
    > [/quote]
    >
    > No tripping call was made because this isn't a trip. It looks like a hit or incidental contact.

if you get your stick caught in a players skates that's breaking and he trips you're going to the box even if it was incidental... may i ask what is your hockey background ?
  • what i see in the video is a user making mistake ,its not DDA or icetilt

I have to agree on that, especially in the first video. You want to get your c or lw back instead of putting pressure with the left d-man in a 3 on 2. I have yet to watch the other videos but the goal with 44 s left is a well executed 3 on 2 and has nothing to do with ice tilt or DDA.
  • And to add to this... **** happens in real life hockey as well:

That must be rigged, huh?
  • Neechie529
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    You know what even in real life people are jerks. They will kick you when you're down and showboat any chance they get. They don't have any empathy for the person who is trying to get a chance to win. In fact I believe that the ice tilt AI is to blame for all the discourse on this subject. If in fact any of you guys have ever played on the ice you'd understand why people are saying what they are saying. EA needs to get real here and realize that they have made it too easy for people to cheat on this game. It's not like they made any effort to change it either. In fact I believe that the AI is programmed to get the advantage and to exploit our mistakes over and over again. It's taken the"fun" element out of the game for me. I don't even like to play online games because of the scripted AI. You can't tell me that everyone who plays this game is a **** superstar. That not realistic and I won't accept this [profanity removed] from anyone yet I have been from EA since 2004. If they want you to buy into this game then may be they should have more understanding of the actual game rather than looking for profits. If anything all you've done is [profanity removed] all. The CPU never makes a mistake, are you guys serious. That's not realistic at all . Eventually even the best teams in the world make mistakes. It's just not fair that everytime you make a mistake you pay for it. Usually by losing a ton of games. EA please get back to letting people who have been trying to get better become better. Otherwise in the end you will lose my and I'm willing to bet everybody else too. And all you're profits go from lots to zero . Just saying my opinion.

Edit: Profanity removed. Circumventing the profanity filter is against the rules. Please keep this in mind going forward. -CM
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on
  • I agree that there are certain ways to exploit the game and that is if course used by people that care about winning rather than experiencing a good hockey game. There are things that could be easily improved (it is far too easy to score shorthanded, too easy to protect the puck at the board etc.). That being said we can't really expect a full blown simulator without possible exploits.
  • [quote="EA_Blueberry;c-2173605"]I watched the first matchup and one thing I noticed is that you always went for hits on the puck carrier when they're close to the boards for easy turnovers. The CPU finally pulled a deke at the end to put in the go-ahead score when you tried to hit them. In online competitive games against skilled human opponents, they will switch up their behavior, which it looks like the AI did at the right moment to showcase their adaptability. I think a poke-check would have been more appropriate there so you can still defend the net when it was a 2v3 rush, but hindsight is 20/20 and it was an unfortunate outcome at the end. That's my take-away from watching the first video, I'll see if I can make time to watch others today. [/quote]

Notice the magnetic like effect when he's trying to hit? Where do you get a force field like that, I need one for when I play pickup with the boys so they look stupid trying to come at me while I hold the puck dragged behind on my forehand
  • Just played SB against a 84 team with 80 Overall Goalie with no team synergy, I quit in the 3rd, was losing 7 to 3, shots were 21 to 11 for me, replay the game and I won 16 to 2 with 35 shots to 6, go figure !
  • Agreed!! Especially Hut Champions. How many times did you contend against a team that was "subpar" and lose dramatically??? I am going to point out all of the things that I have observed in this rigged game.
    1. Face-offs. Especially if you don't score the first goal.....good luck winning a faceoff.
    2. Puck control. No matter how many plays that you break up, the puck magically bounces back to the opponent.
    3. Shots. You can have quality scoring chances and you still will not score. The opponents 85 rated goaltender will be playing like a 99 stud. Also I noticed that a lot of your shots will miss the net entirety.
    4. The opponent will score the weakest goals. My goalie, who at the moment is a 92 Bobrovsky, is playing like a bronze 68 rated goalie. He let's in the weakest goals.
    5. I did an experiment and this is what I found. I have 6 synergies activated. When I set up my line to have just one synergy activated, I noticed a dramatic change. Here is what I observed. EA, is trying to make things "fair", which is ridiculous. I noticed that when all of my 6 or 7 synergies are activated, my opponents team will play as if they have my same synergies. I welcome anyone to participate in this experiment. When I deactivated MY synergies, my team wasn't as good, and my opponents team was just the same. So why have synergies if EA is just going to allow an opponent with hardly any synergies activated, use your synergies?
  • chli76 wrote: »
    And to add to this... **** happens in real life hockey as well:

That must be rigged, huh?

Haha no wonder Markstrom is flamer's boy now... 🙄
  • FFDP1975 wrote: »
    Just played SB against a 84 team with 80 Overall Goalie with no team synergy, I quit in the 3rd, was losing 7 to 3, shots were 21 to 11 for me, replay the game and I won 16 to 2 with 35 shots to 6, go figure !

Just had a 77 ovr team play like they were a God squad. Beat them 15-5, but when they have literally one good player (Christmas svech) and then the rest of the team is a few garbage base golds, a bunch of silver base and some bronze, and their whole team plays like their 99s and are just throwing garbage shots on net against a 92 goalie who decides he won't bother using his limbs to make any saves, it's hard not to think the game is rigged.

Worst part, is those trash sub 80 teams are worth 30pts less than an 89+ team, and getting max points puts you further out of a top rank when you draw 3 of them in a refresh with an 85 as the highest. If they're gonna play like the 90+ teams, they should be worth the same points.

I shouldn't have to score 10+ goals to get max points against a trash 77 team just to get max points.

Also, anyone notice the worse the team you're facing, the more likely it is their first shot regardless of quality goes in against your goalie even if that goalie is a 92 and the ai taking the shot is a silver nobody with 72 shooting?
  • errinjames wrote: »
    Agreed!! Especially Hut Champions. How many times did you contend against a team that was "subpar" and lose dramatically??? I am going to point out all of the things that I have observed in this rigged game.
    1. Face-offs. Especially if you don't score the first goal.....good luck winning a faceoff.
    2. Puck control. No matter how many plays that you break up, the puck magically bounces back to the opponent.
    3. Shots. You can have quality scoring chances and you still will not score. The opponents 85 rated goaltender will be playing like a 99 stud. Also I noticed that a lot of your shots will miss the net entirety.
    4. The opponent will score the weakest goals. My goalie, who at the moment is a 92 Bobrovsky, is playing like a bronze 68 rated goalie. He let's in the weakest goals.
    5. I did an experiment and this is what I found. I have 6 synergies activated. When I set up my line to have just one synergy activated, I noticed a dramatic change. Here is what I observed. EA, is trying to make things "fair", which is ridiculous. I noticed that when all of my 6 or 7 synergies are activated, my opponents team will play as if they have my same synergies. I welcome anyone to participate in this experiment. When I deactivated MY synergies, my team wasn't as good, and my opponents team was just the same. So why have synergies if EA is just going to allow an opponent with hardly any synergies activated, use your synergies?

I've been playing SB with an 81 team and 3 synergies activated and was destroying teams. I recently upgraded my team to a 91 with 7 synergies activated and notice this week that I'm getting beat by 76 teams now that are just as fast if not faster. So something is definitely up and your not the only player experiencing this. Maybe EA can chime in on this with an explanation??
  • m6sujj3x
    2 posts New member
    @EA_Aljo: Here is a video detailing exactly what people are referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nYDbpxWO38&feature=youtu.be

Need further proof? Any further comments Chli76?

DDA, Icetilt, Momemtum, etc. does exist and is not a figment of our imagination. Please stop insulting our intelligence with your **** answers and proof requests and do something about it.

Thank you
  • m6sujj3x wrote: »
    @EA_Aljo: Here is a video detailing exactly what people are referring to:

Need further proof? Any further comments Chli76?

DDA, Icetilt, Momemtum, etc. does exist and is not a figment of our imagination. Please stop insulting our intelligence with your **** answers and proof requests and do something about it.

Thank you

there is no proof in that video.
  • > @m6sujj3x said:
    > @EA_Aljo: Here is a video detailing exactly what people are referring to:
    >
    > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nYDbpxWO38&feature=youtu.be
    >
    > Need further proof? Any further comments Chli76?
    >
    > DDA, Icetilt, Momemtum, etc. does exist and is not a figment of our imagination. Please stop insulting our intelligence with your **** answers and proof requests and do something about it.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    --------
    No proof of anything in that video, in fairness. If you purposefully play poorly against a weaker player and then suddenly start playing to your full potential, then you should still win.

The entire FIFA community has been looking for proof for years, and there's nothing but "I took more shots and lost." As far as I recall, some folks on the FIFA subreddit even tried the methods suggested in that video during FUT Champions and found that their overall results didn't improve.

I'm not saying that it doesn't exist. In offline play, it almost certainly does. Just that every time I see "OMG HERE'S THA PROOF OF DDA IN ONLINE PLAY!" there isn't the slightest bit of proof to be seen, outside of some salty guy with a YouTube channel who took a few losses against the run of play.