EA Forums - Banner

Checking in

Replies

  • IceLion68 wrote: »

    Gotta love when people ignore actual issues just to appear funny.

    Ah so when you complain they are "actual issues". When other people have complaints we should just play better defense. Got it.

    At least I can admit I'm at fault for my defensive lapses and don't just berate developers and forum members for not agreeing with me :)

    Yes you just berate other people for what YOU interpret as THEIR defensive lapses, while refusing to acknowledge that perhaps some of the issue is actually the game. But I guess you are the self appointed authority on what are actual issues.

    I have to say it's getting a bit tedious arguing with you that these are are actual issues when it is pretty obvious to literally everyone else here that it is so.

    This is my argument against him. He can show the games deficiencies but when someone shows the exact same ones it is their fault. Literally bringing nothing of substance to the table other than antagonization.


    I’ve posted hundreds of gifs showing all kinds of issues including my own lapses

    Which is awesome! I support that. Then why dump on other people doing the same thing?

    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    But maybe we could agree on a middle ground that this pass probably shouldn’t get through despite it being a desperation play by a defender. Not too many of these passes would go through the way it did IRL. Maybe the simple fix is an “auto-sauced” pass to make the animation better/prettier? I think that’s what they’re taking exception with. Nobody states this is a stellar play by the defender, but I also couldn’t tell you this was okay animation wise either, ya know?


    Auto sauce when a player lays down would be huge. I agree 100%

    Like you, I get really annoyed seeing how many times people get to just dive and lay down without consequence. It’s way too OP imo and I can see why you’re challenging people who use it to be better. I 100% agree with that thinking.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited January 6
    IceLion68 wrote: »

    Gotta love when people ignore actual issues just to appear funny.

    Ah so when you complain they are "actual issues". When other people have complaints we should just play better defense. Got it.

    At least I can admit I'm at fault for my defensive lapses and don't just berate developers and forum members for not agreeing with me :)

    Yes you just berate other people for what YOU interpret as THEIR defensive lapses, while refusing to acknowledge that perhaps some of the issue is actually the game. But I guess you are the self appointed authority on what are actual issues.

    I have to say it's getting a bit tedious arguing with you that these are are actual issues when it is pretty obvious to literally everyone else here that it is so.

    This is my argument against him. He can show the games deficiencies but when someone shows the exact same ones it is their fault. Literally bringing nothing of substance to the table other than antagonization.


    I’ve posted hundreds of gifs showing all kinds of issues including my own lapses

    Which is awesome! I support that. Then why dump on other people doing the same thing?

    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    "Play better defense" with a cute little smiley face? Come on bro. You showing videos of bad/weak game mechanics saying "this isn't right" but then someone shows the same thing and you tell them they need to get better? Seemingly enjoying starting fights in an online message forum?

    I have to ask, what are your credentials? What gives you the right to tell other people they are so bad at this game? Can I see your record and stats? I am extremely curious.

    Those who respond with tongue in cheek responses get the same respect in return.

    I’m ranked high in OVP and my club in 6s is Div1. We ain’t the best but we ain’t bad.


    That said - I don’t need to prove anything to you. Stop attacking me please. This is getting ridiculous.
  • Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • But maybe we could agree on a middle ground that this pass probably shouldn’t get through despite it being a desperation play by a defender. Not too many of these passes would go through the way it did IRL. Maybe the simple fix is an “auto-sauced” pass to make the animation better/prettier? I think that’s what they’re taking exception with. Nobody states this is a stellar play by the defender, but I also couldn’t tell you this was okay animation wise either, ya know?

    This is the point I was making. The flavour of his responses seem to be rather than acknowledging this is not OK, he seems to be saying it's OK because it was a bad play and the D should be punished for that. Therefore, armpit passes for everyone.

    I mean I doubt that he actually believes that but he's really contributed nothing helpful here to the issue I am raising.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

    Gotta love when people ignore actual issues just to appear funny.

    Ah so when you complain they are "actual issues". When other people have complaints we should just play better defense. Got it.

    At least I can admit I'm at fault for my defensive lapses and don't just berate developers and forum members for not agreeing with me :)

    Yes you just berate other people for what YOU interpret as THEIR defensive lapses, while refusing to acknowledge that perhaps some of the issue is actually the game. But I guess you are the self appointed authority on what are actual issues.

    I have to say it's getting a bit tedious arguing with you that these are are actual issues when it is pretty obvious to literally everyone else here that it is so.

    This is my argument against him. He can show the games deficiencies but when someone shows the exact same ones it is their fault. Literally bringing nothing of substance to the table other than antagonization.


    I’ve posted hundreds of gifs showing all kinds of issues including my own lapses

    Which is awesome! I support that. Then why dump on other people doing the same thing?

    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    "Play better defense" with a cute little smiley face? Come on bro. You showing videos of bad/weak game mechanics saying "this isn't right" but then someone shows the same thing and you tell them they need to get better? Seemingly enjoying starting fights in an online message forum?

    I have to ask, what are your credentials? What gives you the right to tell other people they are so bad at this game? Can I see your record and stats? I am extremely curious.

    Those who respond with tongue in cheek responses get the same respect in return.

    I’m ranked high in OVP and my club in 6s is Div1. We ain’t the best but we ain’t bad.


    That said - I don’t need to prove anything to you. Stop attacking me please. This is getting ridiculous.

    LOL okay killer.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?

    When the point you’re making (the puck goes through the player) is based on a wrong assumption (that the puck is going through the player when in fact it’s a known graphical glitch with jersey fabric) it’s hard to be “helpful”.

  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited January 6
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?

    When the point you’re making (the puck goes through the player) is based on a wrong assumption (that the puck is going through the player when in fact it’s a known graphical glitch with jersey fabric) it’s hard to be “helpful”.
    I severely question whether the game is refined enough to properly calculate any of this - THAT is the real issue here. I mean under the armpit/ through the jersey is one thing... but in those two clips alone we also saw:
    • puck going through the other arm
    • puck going through the player's glove

    The collision detection needs some serious work

    But you failed to address my question: when the discussion is about this and you start going on about defensive lapses allowing the cross crease and that defense starts outside of your own blue line... well, it's just not really relevant to the issue I was talking about. It just smacks of "get gud scrub", which you seem to like to tout a lot rather than acknowledging anyone besides yourself (and those who agree with you) might have a legitimate grievance with the game.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • The highest speed I can get my offensive dman is 86. My sniper I can get to 92.

    Just another example of why the offence has the advantage in this game.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?

    When the point you’re making (the puck goes through the player) is based on a wrong assumption (that the puck is going through the player when in fact it’s a known graphical glitch with jersey fabric) it’s hard to be “helpful”.
    I severely question whether the game is refined enough to properly calculate any of this - THAT is the real issue here. I mean under the armpit/ through the jersey is one thing... but in those two clips alone we also saw:
    • puck going through the other arm
    • puck going through the player's glove

    The collision detection needs some serious work

    But you failed to address my question: when the discussion is about this and you start going on about defensive lapses allowing the cross crease and that defense starts outside of your own blue line... well, it's just not really relevant to the issue I was talking about. It just smacks of "get gud scrub", which you seem to like to tout a lot rather than acknowledging anyone besides yourself (and those who agree with you) might have a legitimate grievance with the game.

    The fact that you “seriously question whether the game is that refined” to manage fabric and player geo separately is an issue for me.

    The developers themselves have explained on these forums that this is exactly how it works - and yet there’s still doubt.

  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?

    When the point you’re making (the puck goes through the player) is based on a wrong assumption (that the puck is going through the player when in fact it’s a known graphical glitch with jersey fabric) it’s hard to be “helpful”.
    I severely question whether the game is refined enough to properly calculate any of this - THAT is the real issue here. I mean under the armpit/ through the jersey is one thing... but in those two clips alone we also saw:
    • puck going through the other arm
    • puck going through the player's glove

    The collision detection needs some serious work

    But you failed to address my question: when the discussion is about this and you start going on about defensive lapses allowing the cross crease and that defense starts outside of your own blue line... well, it's just not really relevant to the issue I was talking about. It just smacks of "get gud scrub", which you seem to like to tout a lot rather than acknowledging anyone besides yourself (and those who agree with you) might have a legitimate grievance with the game.

    The fact that you “seriously question whether the game is that refined” to manage fabric and player geo separately is an issue for me.

    The developers themselves have explained on these forums that this is exactly how it works - and yet there’s still doubt.
    More dodging of the actual question. Dude you are something else. LOL

    I did not question whether the game could do it, or if it is even trying to do it, rather whether it is sophisticated enough to do it properly. Which based on the video it seems that something at least is definitely awry. And its more than just fabric problems.

    The fact that you continually evade my actual question, combined with how you seem to be implying this game has no issues with collision detection tells me we are "done here".
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • I have one of me scoring the same type goal for the fourth time in the game ..tell me again how this game doesn't favor the offense ,this happens 99% of the time even from impossible angles that a pass shouldn't get thru but since this game favors the offense they do ,this by far is the worst NHL to date it's a very unbalanced game



  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?

    When the point you’re making (the puck goes through the player) is based on a wrong assumption (that the puck is going through the player when in fact it’s a known graphical glitch with jersey fabric) it’s hard to be “helpful”.
    I severely question whether the game is refined enough to properly calculate any of this - THAT is the real issue here. I mean under the armpit/ through the jersey is one thing... but in those two clips alone we also saw:
    • puck going through the other arm
    • puck going through the player's glove

    The collision detection needs some serious work

    But you failed to address my question: when the discussion is about this and you start going on about defensive lapses allowing the cross crease and that defense starts outside of your own blue line... well, it's just not really relevant to the issue I was talking about. It just smacks of "get gud scrub", which you seem to like to tout a lot rather than acknowledging anyone besides yourself (and those who agree with you) might have a legitimate grievance with the game.

    The fact that you “seriously question whether the game is that refined” to manage fabric and player geo separately is an issue for me.

    The developers themselves have explained on these forums that this is exactly how it works - and yet there’s still doubt.
    More dodging of the actual question. Dude you are something else. LOL

    I did not question whether the game could do it, or if it is even trying to do it, rather whether it is sophisticated enough to do it properly. Which based on the video it seems that something at least is definitely awry. And its more than just fabric problems.

    The fact that you continually evade my actual question, combined with how you seem to be implying this game has no issues with collision detection tells me we are "done here".

    You never even asked a question you just attacked me and put words in my mouth.

    I’ve never ONCE said “get good scrub” and if you derive that “tone” from my posts that’s on you, not me.

    Keep attacking me. Keep telling me I’m avoiding your “question” when you haven’t even asked one yet.

    You say “here’s my question” and then just attack me.

    I’m glad we are “done here” because it appears you just want people to agree with you and that’s no way to be constructive.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?

    When the point you’re making (the puck goes through the player) is based on a wrong assumption (that the puck is going through the player when in fact it’s a known graphical glitch with jersey fabric) it’s hard to be “helpful”.
    I severely question whether the game is refined enough to properly calculate any of this - THAT is the real issue here. I mean under the armpit/ through the jersey is one thing... but in those two clips alone we also saw:
    • puck going through the other arm
    • puck going through the player's glove

    The collision detection needs some serious work

    But you failed to address my question: when the discussion is about this and you start going on about defensive lapses allowing the cross crease and that defense starts outside of your own blue line... well, it's just not really relevant to the issue I was talking about. It just smacks of "get gud scrub", which you seem to like to tout a lot rather than acknowledging anyone besides yourself (and those who agree with you) might have a legitimate grievance with the game.

    The fact that you “seriously question whether the game is that refined” to manage fabric and player geo separately is an issue for me.

    The developers themselves have explained on these forums that this is exactly how it works - and yet there’s still doubt.
    More dodging of the actual question. Dude you are something else. LOL

    I did not question whether the game could do it, or if it is even trying to do it, rather whether it is sophisticated enough to do it properly. Which based on the video it seems that something at least is definitely awry. And its more than just fabric problems.

    The fact that you continually evade my actual question, combined with how you seem to be implying this game has no issues with collision detection tells me we are "done here".

    Put him on ignore. No need arguing with 16 year olds.
  • I have one of me scoring the same type goal for the fourth time in the game ..tell me again how this game doesn't favor the offense ,this happens 99% of the time even from impossible angles that a pass shouldn't get thru but since this game favors the offense they do ,this by far is the worst NHL to date it's a very unbalanced game



    It's this kind of stuff that leads people to do desperate things like lay down in the passing lane...
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Socair
    2799 posts Game Changer
    Thread closed due to personal bickering.
  • Socair
    2799 posts Game Changer
    May reopen once posts are reviewed.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Me saying that someone made a defensive lapse contributing to a cross crease is not “dumping” on anyone.

    Without arguing that point, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, can we agree that it's also not helpful or even very relevant to the point I was actually making?

    When the point you’re making (the puck goes through the player) is based on a wrong assumption (that the puck is going through the player when in fact it’s a known graphical glitch with jersey fabric) it’s hard to be “helpful”.
    I severely question whether the game is refined enough to properly calculate any of this - THAT is the real issue here. I mean under the armpit/ through the jersey is one thing... but in those two clips alone we also saw:
    • puck going through the other arm
    • puck going through the player's glove

    The collision detection needs some serious work

    But you failed to address my question: when the discussion is about this and you start going on about defensive lapses allowing the cross crease and that defense starts outside of your own blue line... well, it's just not really relevant to the issue I was talking about. It just smacks of "get gud scrub", which you seem to like to tout a lot rather than acknowledging anyone besides yourself (and those who agree with you) might have a legitimate grievance with the game.

    The fact that you “seriously question whether the game is that refined” to manage fabric and player geo separately is an issue for me.

    The developers themselves have explained on these forums that this is exactly how it works - and yet there’s still doubt.
    More dodging of the actual question. Dude you are something else. LOL

    I did not question whether the game could do it, or if it is even trying to do it, rather whether it is sophisticated enough to do it properly. Which based on the video it seems that something at least is definitely awry. And its more than just fabric problems.

    The fact that you continually evade my actual question, combined with how you seem to be implying this game has no issues with collision detection tells me we are "done here".

    Put him on ignore. No need arguing with 16 year olds.

    STOP. THE. PERSONAL. ATTACKS.

    Good grief
  • EA_Blueberry
    4743 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, everyone.

    It's important to get perspective from different people, but also understand that everyone's communication skills can vary. Some people might be direct and to the point without any intention of calling out anyone's skill levels. What works for someone in a game might not working for someone else because they either have a different style of gameplay or skill level to perform "X" suggestion. Knowing what everyone does is vital to understand where the devs need to find a fair balance for everyone.

    There is no need to be rude to each other on the forums or attack specific individuals because you disagree on how they play on the ice. "I'm glad that works for you and it's interesting you're successful doing it that way, unfortunately in my games I have to do "X" instead and this is why I think it's a better direction the devs should go in."

    There are alternative ways to continue to a discussion rather than debate who is the best NHL 21 player here.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    I have one of me scoring the same type goal for the fourth time in the game ..tell me again how this game doesn't favor the offense ,this happens 99% of the time even from impossible angles that a pass shouldn't get thru but since this game favors the offense they do ,this by far is the worst NHL to date it's a very unbalanced game



    It's this kind of stuff that leads people to do desperate things like lay down in the passing lane...

    Lol one of the first things your taught not to do in hockey ,but in this unrealistic game it's the only way to play it's just so stupid
  • Lol one of the first things your taught not to do in hockey ,but in this unrealistic game it's the only way to play it's just so stupid

    you're half right...you are taught to take away the pass and let the goalie take the shot. You're taught not to do ittoo early. Same as you're always taught to play the body, not the puck. It's frustrating as all you know what in this game though

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.