EA Forums - Banner

The game is so rigged it's ridiculous

2Next

Replies

• Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Hehe so it's the same story in Fifa.. Im not surprise. I mean who can loose to another opponent, we are all champions that never deserve to loose...

But if im gonna be more serious, Im kinda use to win shots/TOA in a remarkable way, but yet not win.. And the only player thats been good is the other teams goalie.

My poke checks usally ends up with the opponent manage to get back the puck, and no mather how good I take shots, it won't mather.

I dont bealive EA has anything to do with that, not on purpose anyway, (I mean, it's still there game) but it may be something about the connection thats giving me the delayed disadvantage, were it feels like the opponent's goalie is able to react much more slow on my shots then the opponents.

Input delay/connection trouble, is proven to be - bad - to have when you compete online, the other thing about DDA/ice tilt is something that never will be proven, probably cause it dosent exist.

But I do understand what everyone mean, when they say they been ice-tilted. I think we all been.
  • I don't care who says to me that DDA isn't in the game ,this goal has nothing to do with connection or whatever excuse people use to deny the existence of DDA

• [quote="thegarden94;c-2177759"]I don't care who says to me that DDA isn't in the game ,this goal has nothing to do with connection or whatever excuse people use to deny the existence of DDA

[/quote]

I just had one scored on me where it hit the goalies pads and sat right in front of him while he stared at it. My players attempted to pick it up twice while nobody was around cus they went for a change. 2 players with NOBODY around couldnt pick up a loose puck, so it sat inches in front of the goalie who stayed in butterfly and never attempted to cover or shovel aside.

So, eventually 3 of my guys are crowded in front of the net and not one lf them or my goalie in a full 3 seconds picked it up. Nope, their center comes flying off the bench, stick goes through every players legs and taps the puck five hole. Either something IS manipulated on purpose, OR they have really lost their game. I mean if thats not offense being OP to defense, i dunno what is.
  • I don't care who says to me that DDA isn't in the game ,this goal has nothing to do with connection or whatever excuse people use to deny the existence of DDA

Yeah no excuse for that goal. It should’ve been an easy cover up.

• SuperKMX_39
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I don't care who says to me that DDA isn't in the game ,this goal has nothing to do with connection or whatever excuse people use to deny the existence of DDA

The old "I DON'T CARE WHO SAYS IT ISN'T REAL" approach happens over in FIFA world, too. This is the same as the FIFA crowd who see a minor bug where the ball slightly clips through a player's foot or something, which stops them blocking a pass that leads to a goal. They shout "DDA!" too. Yet, none of them have come up with ACTUAL proof. Just "I conceded a goal that looked weird so it's rigged."

I'm not saying that DDA does or doesn't exist. But have you never played something like Counterstrike and clipped through a wall? Or played a racing game where you bumped another driver and ended up being the one that crashes out when your momentum and position would have suggested it would be the other way around?

The simple fact is that sports games - all of 'em - have WAY more variables in play than almost any other type of game, and those variables all move at 100 miles an hour. The variables work out correctly 99.99999% of the time. But in 0.00001% of occasions, something goes wrong or is slightly "off." In 0.0000001% of THOSE occasions, a goal is scored as a result. And so we get "LOOK AT THIS PROOF OF TEH DDA THO!"

That video shows nothing but a game engine physics issue. It doesn't show any proof of anything being rigged. The game engine just (incorrectly) worked out that "glove coming down on puck at a very slight angle means puck shoots out at high speed" and that's what happened.

Unfortunately, it went right into the goal.

Stuff like this - and less serious versions of it - happens dozens of times in every match as a result of the game engine. The vast majority of them don't result in a goal so don't get mentioned.
  • Don't care about fifa and no one has come up with actual proof it doesn't exist
  • Don't care about fifa and no one has come up with actual proof it doesn't exist

But do you not see that nobody has come up with actual proof that it does exist, either?

And no, you conceding a goal and shouting "it's RIGGED" is not proof.
  • SuperKMX_39
    120 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Don't care about fifa and no one has come up with actual proof it doesn't exist

But do you not see that nobody has come up with actual proof that it does exist, either?

And no, you conceding a goal and shouting "it's RIGGED" is not proof.

The patent ea filed proves it exists. Whether its actually in the game is another question. Watch how you word things. Lol.

I don't need to watch how I word things, to be honest. I get what you're saying, but the patent still isn't proof that it actually exists.

Many, many patents have been granted in the past without so much as a prototype, let alone a final working version.

Nintendo have a patent for an inflatable motion-sensing ride-on horse controller for the Wii. Does that mean it was ever created? No.

The person to whom I was speaking says that the onus of proof is on someone to prove that DDA doesn't exist, otherwise it absolutely and definitely does and that's why he sometimes loses. That line of thinking also means that unicorns and the tooth fairy definitely and 100% exist, because nobody has definitively proven that they don't.
  • Timmoore777
    49 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    The bottom line is that teammate AI players very rarely pick up a loose puck. I have been complaining about that since NHL21 day 1. If there is a 50/50 loose puck against a SS SB team the opposing AI player gets the puck 999 times out of 1000. My players stand there and stare at loose pucks every game. The same goes for rebounds. Unless my AI is the only one near the rebound, they have zero chance of getting it. Every time I bloke a shot, straight to opposing AI as well. EA has teammate AI dumbed down soooo much its ridiculous. I can't control 5 players at the same time. My AI HAS to help out. Not sure why EA doesn't get this. Seems like an easy fix. The opposing AI is in GOD mode, just make my teammate AI a LITTLE smarter. Clearly AI coding has the ability to make the AI play flawless.
    Post edited by Timmoore777 on
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    There is plenty of positive feedback out there. The team uses a variety of means such as surveys, social data, in-game data, focus groups, forum/YouTube/Facebook/Twitch, and other online sources. Every channel is different which is why it's important to gather perspective from each group. In these forums a lot of the posters are hardcore into franchise, seasons, and EASHL. HUT is not a dominant community here which is why you might see more negative feedback on the mode, because the ones that are enjoying it aren't posting here. It's always hard to consider genuine feedback from forum users who claim they play a lot of NHL but post from an account with no EA games on it. When we have forum users posting from the accounts they play on it helps us understand a bit more of what modes these type of players are playing so we can give their feedback a little more weight.
  • There is plenty of positive feedback out there. The team uses a variety of means such as surveys, social data, in-game data, focus groups, forum/YouTube/Facebook/Twitch, and other online sources. Every channel is different which is why it's important to gather perspective from each group. In these forums a lot of the posters are hardcore into franchise, seasons, and EASHL. HUT is not a dominant community here which is why you might see more negative feedback on the mode, because the ones that are enjoying it aren't posting here. It's always hard to consider genuine feedback from forum users who claim they play a lot of NHL but post from an account with no EA games on it. When we have forum users posting from the accounts they play on it helps us understand a bit more of what modes these type of players are playing so we can give their feedback a little more weight.

I live for that day when there aint going to be no negative feedback, has been that way every sence I started to follow this board. A good benchmark would be to see how much the negative feedback vary from year to year, the quantity and mainly what it's about.

I bealive there was more complaining last year, at least it feels so.

That might be a good thing.

I wonder what type of information they get from in-game data?
  • @EA_Blueberry I just don't feel that EA REALLY is listening. You guys respond to posts but nothing gets done. I have been complaining about AI line changes being broken since day 1, they are still an issue. I have another thread that I list a few items that would make this game nearly perfect. Nothing will get done. Too bad, EA has it so close to being a real quality product. A few tweaks to teammate AI across all modes (HUT, CHEL, etc) will make a WORLD of difference. But as @TrustStevieY said, I really believe EA is only listening to streamers and the top 1% of players, not the average joe. Too bad.
  • @EA_Blueberry
    @EA_Aljo
    Pleas take a look at the attached video. This is what I am talking about when it comes to AI line changes being broken. This HAS to be the worst line change in the history of the NHL series. I will say it again...THIS WAS NOT AN ISSUE IN NHL20. PLEASE fix this, this line change cost me a goal.

• EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    @EA_Blueberry
    @EA_Aljo
    Pleas take a look at the attached video. This is what I am talking about when it comes to AI line changes being broken. This HAS to be the worst line change in the history of the NHL series. I will say it again...THIS WAS NOT AN ISSUE IN NHL20. PLEASE fix this, this line change cost me a goal.

Thanks for the video. I've passed it on to the dev team and they're in agreement that a change shouldn't be happening there. They're logging it for further review. Really appreciate you taking the time to capture the footage and post it here.