EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 wishlist.

Replies

• I have 5 more ideas.

#1 1000 point bosses.

#2 S.P.R. Set point record allstar map.

#3 Real HUT power play perks.

#4 Dreamy super-reel of champions.

#5 NHL-best high scorer production-makers.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • I'll make mine mostly dropin related for now.

1. Stop dropping players in your group when joining a game lobby.
    2. Stop dropping players when a game starts.
    3. Stop one person leaving during a lobby countdown from crashing the whole lobby.
    4. Do anything to stop trolls.
    5. Do anything to deter quitters.
    6. End the game once there are more ai skaters than humans on a team.
    7. Stop the ai from poking through you without a penalty.
    8. Get rid of the "throw the puck at the guy who gently nudged you from behind" animation.
    9. Hold the offense even somewhat responsible for their actions and decisions (ie. Create a skill gap).
    10. Have goalie levels separate from skater levels.
    11. Make players play one offline game at goalie before they can queue up for one online.
    12. Make scoring from the point a threat again.
    13. Make the goalies occasionally stop the penalty/breakaway shot that goes in 100% on the near post as you cross him.
  • Sock templates in CaT to match the templates they added two games ago. Also, the “3-stripe” sock template should really have 4 (well really 5 if you want the ultimate customization package) color zones. Why can’t I replicate the blackhawks home socks in CaT? One of your jersey styles allows for but can’t be matched by any sock patter due to this limitation that drives all jersey OCD people absolutely bonkers.

Correct color zones on all pads since they have like 3 out of 40 100% correct.

More color zones to all jerseys so that arm and waist stripes aren’t paired to the same color zone. Makes creating jerseys like Notre Dame’s white jersey literally impossible.

More circle/shield logo options + every custom logo should be able to be put into a circle/shield logo.

Simple goalie mask creator. I’d take literally a plain helmet with a color zone at this point.

City names/Play by Play names have word logos for jerseys. I’d obviously like any text but we all know that can’t happen because of terrible people, so this is a sensible compromise.

Custom teams should be able to use international/junior ice sheets/arenas.

Crowd that actually seems to know what happening. They shouldn’t be movie theater quiet before the puck drop after a goal. Hockey games/rink are pretty electric for a good 20-30 seconds after puck drops because goals are pretty exciting.

Tournament mode like FIFA where I can run a custom league table, pool play + bracket, Bracket, and pick what teams I want to participate in said tournament.

Make national team jerseys editable since they haven’t changed in 15 years and I’d do a much better job than the current renditions.

All of the “Y” celebrations should be able to be assigned to buttons so multiple “Y” celebrations can be used. Also, all other button celebrations should be added to list of celebrations to be configured.

On custom teams, goalies should be able to be made captain.

31-team control Franchise mode.

Roster sharing.

CaT’s should be able to be put into a “vault” and carried to the next game.

PC port like all other EA games. Maybe then modders can find what causes speed glitch and we can finally have our sliders work 100% of the time.

this 100%. i would add the ability to see all league game scores in franchise mode, not just the games you catch on the ticker
  • One and only.....make realistic hockey plays more rewarding that 1 man shows and cross crease. Youve added many ways to score but people try 2 all game. Why do you think that is?
  • Efbomb
    163 posts Member
    edited January 1
    Add more ex-NHL players names to the “play by play” list in CAP for crying out loud!

You would think that it makes sense to have actual hockey players names in a hockey game.

I mean, we’ve got Slapshot and Sabretooth and ImaZman and PuckDaddy, but not Fedorov or Kovalev or Demitra or Ciccarelli or Damphousse, etc., etc.

Dumb.

If we didn’t HAVE to assign a play by play name, then I wouldn’t care if those names were missing.

At the very least, add Left Wing, Right Wing and Defenceman to the list. Center and Goalie are already there.
  • kyl_35
    118 posts Member
    edited January 1
    Probably more of an NHL 24 thing and this is something I know would be difficult, but I’ve wanted in franchise mode for about 10 years.

I’d like to be able to start a franchise mode at any year going back to, let’s say, 1994.

As GM of the team you can vote on relocations, you can choose whether or not your team updates their jerseys, and maybe you get job offers from Expansion teams when they join the league. I would probably play this game forever if that existed.
  • Efbomb
    163 posts Member
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    Probably more of an NHL 24 thing and this is something I know would be difficult, but I’ve wanted in franchise mode for about 10 years.

I’d like to be able to start a franchise mode at any year going back to, let’s say, 1994.

As GM of the team you can vote on relocations, you can choose whether or not your team updates their jerseys, and maybe you get job offers from Expansion teams when they join the league. I would probably play this game forever if that existed.

I’ve had an idea in my head for over 10 years now that is kinda similar, but just as good. I’ve mentioned it few times on some of the wishlist threads over the years, but it’s pretty much a legal and logistical nightmare, so I highly doubt it will ever see the light of day.

I would really love to see EA bring back “Battle for the Cup”, but in this case it would be a battle for ANY Cup within the last 25-30 years.

Just pick the year, and you can play with actual rosters from those teams, correct uniforms and even the old arenas they played the series in.

This is something that I think would be pretty popular.

Hockey is steeped in history, and most fans, whether teenagers or geezers, are fully aware of that history and the old players that have special places in their hearts.
  • A dev team who actually likes the NHL and cares about making the game somewhat replicate the league, its media presentation, and how the game is played on the ice. No more gimmick online modes make the game reflect the NHL!

Add more licenses, National teams, Juniors, USHL, Swedish Juniors, Russia!

A massive improvement to presentation, player faces, no blank silhouettes if you don't have player photos, cut scenes for awards and the draft in Franchise, an actual good Stanley Cup celebration.

Massive improvement to create a team, custom logos, custom leagues like PES does, edit all fake players for Franchise, goalie mask creation

Integrate all leagues into franchise mode, let you play full season in Juniors or Europe in Be a pro,

Gameplay that has no animation clipping, no magic puck movement for the AI, an AI that understands basic positioning and defensive discipline, no tape to tape to tape to tape to tape passing for the AI.
  • Being mostly an offline player my wish is that the AI doesn’t cheat constantly. My wish is that when I play win or lose it had nothing to do with a momentum engine. My wish is that I’m not completely irritated every time I play. My wish is that every loose puck doesn’t go straight to the opponent AI. My wish is that at any given time my player skills are not reduced while the AI is Mario on roids. My wish is that EA cares more about gameplay than pack sales. My wish is that HUT played more smooth like Chel and doesn’t change by the game. My wish is that EA takes all the cheating tactics out of the game and just concentrates on making gameplay fair and if we lose 20-0 that is because the other player is that much better. My wish is that EA would get the hell out of the game with all these momentum swinging tactics just to keep games close. My wish is they just let us play straight up with no scripted feelings. The user base can only take so much negative feelings no matter how fun this mode CAN be.
  • I only ask for one thing: make it possible to play for your national team in Be a pro. Like if you don’t make the playoffs you can go play the World championship. If this happens I would also like if the national team jerseys were updated.
  • A difficulty game, were if you new to the game or isn't any good at the 'basic rules' in hockey, you would have to learn by playing with caution.

To explain further, in this serie, it starts by playing offens and then we learn from there, defense isn't really necessary, I can hustle my way through this experience without having to worry to much about my other side of the rink.

I want it to be exactly the opposite way, if you new, and facing a more skilled player, I want the game to be very clear with, good offens starts with a proper defense.

Hockey is suppose to be like a dance, "you go forward, I go back, and vice versa.." but in this game I often come across people that never fall back.

I go forward - opponent go forward - I go back - opponent go forward. Which leads to a big mess all over the ice.

Forecheck is among the hardest thing you can do in hockey, it's easy to get burned if you don't watch out, to get the forecheck right, you first need to have your defense in order.

So in other words, I wish for a game were people that feel they are facing a good opponent, knew right away, that this game I have to play defense first, and to be really careful to open up themselves.

Would like to have more dimensions to take into account. And not only one thought: "full sprint forward, that will probebly solve all my problems! "
  • Changed my mind. My ONE AND ONLY wish for NHL 22 is that you would get to face more shots when playing Be a pro as a goalie.
  • Full Player Customization for EASHL, including attribute allotments
  • Online team play, online round robin and 2v2, 3v3 seasons, tournaments
  • Frostbite engine or a new engine of some sort for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions of NHL 22. Maybe have an updated crowd for next gen. Improved animations. Online team play. Outdoor games mode like Winter Classic. the Seattle Kraken playable. and improved franchise mode.
  • A lot of these are going to relate to Franchise Mode, but I'll start with some of the gameplay features:

Gameplay:

1. One of the most frustrating occurrences is when when you are in the offensive zone, the puck is back towards the blue line, and you do this big spin and put yourself offside. It would be great if there was an animation where the puck carrier tries to stay onside

2. On defence, obviously a lot of people are frustrated with one-timers going in so frequently. I think part of the problem is because they are so hard to defend; especially sometimes where you are in the perfect spot and the puck goes right through your legs for an easy goal. At this point not much you can do. I think it may help to have a button (X or A) to push to try and further break up a pass with your stick/skate

3. Hitting. I've always thought there should be more long-term effects in a game of receiving constant hits. The idea in my head is that each hit adds a level of damage to a player (similar to Fight Night or UFC games). Take on enough damage and your skills either decrease significantly, or the player leaves the game. Maybe limit this to clean hits so that things don't get wild out there

4. This relates to Online VS - but you should be able to determine which league you can pick teams from prior to matching up. Nothing worse than selecting an NHL team and the other person has something dumb like Team Canada

Franchise:

1. Little thing that used to be in Franchise that have been removed for some reason - the ability to track your team's previous seasons. If you play/sim 25 seasons, it would be great to see the best/worst years, amount of wins, losses, how far you made it in playoffs, etc. It would also be great if player awards were listed in a similar fashion (outside of the 5 years it shows in the Awards section). The record book was a great start, but I think there could be so much more in there.

2. "Acquired Via: " It would be great if you could check Player Info on each player and see how you acquired them. Down the road in Franchise Mode you tend to forget how you got a guy, who was in the trade for them, when it occurred, etc.

3. Lock your lineups. It would be great to be able to lock and save lineups throughout the year so you don't have to spend too much time on lineups after a number of injuries. Similarly, it would be great to be able to lock a player (or players) into a certain spot on the lineup, so even if you do best lines, those locked players don't move.

4. Check ratings of players on incoming trades. It is such a pain when you are filtering through incoming trades and you have no info on players ratings from that screen. When you click on edit trade to view the player and then head back, it gets rid of all the results and you have to start over.

5. You should be able to "communicate" back to the CPU when they send bad trades. When you propose a trade you get messages from CPU to let you know how close or far off you are. You should be able to do the same to CPU. At the very least in order to stop them from offering you very similar trades for assets you have no interest in

6. Ability to retire numbers for your franchise

7. Any chance to get more than 25 years out of a Franchise? I tend to sim a lot of games, so the season can go by fairly quick sometimes.

8. Conference Finals trophies. The cut scene of the captain refusing to touch the Prince of Wales/Clarence S. Campbell Trophies is funny, but you should have the choice as to whether or not you want to touch it, and if applicable, it would be interesting to know what the team on the other side chose to do

9. Stanley Cup celebration. Would be great if there were multiple versions of this, as seeing the same one over and over again (meaning from previous versions of NHL) gets stale. ALSO, you should be able to free skate with the Cup, press a button to kiss it, another one to lift over your head, maybe one to shout, and then one to pass it off to someone else.

10. I saw someone else post about this which is great, but you should be able to buy your franchise certain perks; training facilities, improved medical teams, etc.

11. At the end of your franchise, it would be great to have some sort of summary. Maybe something with statistics like I mentioned above. Right now all you get is a "Franchise mode is now complete" message, and then you can't even check your record book after this point.

12. Ability to edit lines in the off season. Not sure why this isn't available currently, but it would be nice to be able to edit your lines so you can see where you need improvements, etc.

13. It would also be great if you could make trades as soon as the season is over and not have to wait until FA.

14. Have the "Propose Trade" and "Find Trade" in the same "Trade" page. It can get annoying having to go from "Find Trade" back to the menu, and then into "Propose Trade". Would be great if you could do it all in the same place

15. You should be able to customize your arena's in-game experience, at the very least, for playoffs. Crowd wearing the same colour, crowd chants, etc.

16. Promoting coaches - it is tough to see how well some of your current coaches match with your team to see if you should promote to head coach. However when you are hiring coaches you can see the team chemistry. It would be great to be able to do that with your current coaches

17. I think a Free Agency period similar to the new Trade Deadline mode would be interesting.

That's it for now!
  • 17/17 A+ items
  • My two biggest asks are (and I don't think they are that big):

1) Return the ability to sort players by last name or by overall ability. I get for the casual fan signing the best player available is easy, but for those of us looking for specific players to sign to keep rosters current, having to sift through hundreds of names one at a time is less than ideal.

2) Allow players who are property of an NHL franchise to show up on that team's call-up list in season mode. This includes any players in the game who are on an NHL reserve roster. If they are in the game, there shouldn't be an issue with them in a season mode, right?
  • McShwally wrote: »
    Franchise:

1. Little thing that used to be in Franchise that have been removed for some reason - the ability to track your team's previous seasons. If you play/sim 25 seasons, it would be great to see the best/worst years, amount of wins, losses, how far you made it in playoffs, etc. It would also be great if player awards were listed in a similar fashion (outside of the 5 years it shows in the Awards section). The record book was a great start, but I think there could be so much more in there.

2. "Acquired Via: " It would be great if you could check Player Info on each player and see how you acquired them. Down the road in Franchise Mode you tend to forget how you got a guy, who was in the trade for them, when it occurred, etc.

3. Lock your lineups. It would be great to be able to lock and save lineups throughout the year so you don't have to spend too much time on lineups after a number of injuries. Similarly, it would be great to be able to lock a player (or players) into a certain spot on the lineup, so even if you do best lines, those locked players don't move.

4. Check ratings of players on incoming trades. It is such a pain when you are filtering through incoming trades and you have no info on players ratings from that screen. When you click on edit trade to view the player and then head back, it gets rid of all the results and you have to start over.

5. You should be able to "communicate" back to the CPU when they send bad trades. When you propose a trade you get messages from CPU to let you know how close or far off you are. You should be able to do the same to CPU. At the very least in order to stop them from offering you very similar trades for assets you have no interest in

6. Ability to retire numbers for your franchise

7. Any chance to get more than 25 years out of a Franchise? I tend to sim a lot of games, so the season can go by fairly quick sometimes.

8. Conference Finals trophies. The cut scene of the captain refusing to touch the Prince of Wales/Clarence S. Campbell Trophies is funny, but you should have the choice as to whether or not you want to touch it, and if applicable, it would be interesting to know what the team on the other side chose to do

9. Stanley Cup celebration. Would be great if there were multiple versions of this, as seeing the same one over and over again (meaning from previous versions of NHL) gets stale. ALSO, you should be able to free skate with the Cup, press a button to kiss it, another one to lift over your head, maybe one to shout, and then one to pass it off to someone else.

10. I saw someone else post about this which is great, but you should be able to buy your franchise certain perks; training facilities, improved medical teams, etc.

11. At the end of your franchise, it would be great to have some sort of summary. Maybe something with statistics like I mentioned above. Right now all you get is a "Franchise mode is now complete" message, and then you can't even check your record book after this point.

12. Ability to edit lines in the off season. Not sure why this isn't available currently, but it would be nice to be able to edit your lines so you can see where you need improvements, etc.

13. It would also be great if you could make trades as soon as the season is over and not have to wait until FA.

14. Have the "Propose Trade" and "Find Trade" in the same "Trade" page. It can get annoying having to go from "Find Trade" back to the menu, and then into "Propose Trade". Would be great if you could do it all in the same place

15. You should be able to customize your arena's in-game experience, at the very least, for playoffs. Crowd wearing the same colour, crowd chants, etc.

16. Promoting coaches - it is tough to see how well some of your current coaches match with your team to see if you should promote to head coach. However when you are hiring coaches you can see the team chemistry. It would be great to be able to do that with your current coaches

17. I think a Free Agency period similar to the new Trade Deadline mode would be interesting.

That's it for now!

I really do like this list for franchise, it’s actually amazing some of these aren’t in the game as they seem so simple and that they should be have been the standard for a while now. Along with making trades, scouting can be annoying with all the different menus you have to go through as well. I would love to see all this added except please do not model free agency after the disaster that is the trade deadline.
  • Every sports game try to be the most simulate game.. Madden, Fifa, NBA, etc.. except NHL.

1 - the scoreboard. Every hockey game you watch.. the scoreboard is on the upside left of the tv.. every channel you listened.. except EA sports NHL. Why?

2 - the big "goal" on the tv when you scores. With the comments in the game, you know when somebody scores.. no channel use this.. none.
    You have to let this go.. it's not cool and it's not like a real game.

3 - the replay. When you scores.. most of.the third replay is on the ice like a drone film it.. there's no replay on the ice. The most thrilling one is when you see it from the crowd.. that's awesome.. not on the ice near the players.

4 - tradeblock. When you put someone on the tradeblock, he's negative.. why he knows it.. can you explain me ?

5 - the coaching staff. When you put it I was like.. oh yeah it's awesome.. but, does it change something ? It changes nothing in the game.. I want to see more.

6 - stats in the game. When you see a stats in the game during a pause of play it's totally too fast, you don't have time to read or see the stats and the game is already continued. If you want to put stats.. let me see it please.

7 - franchise. I want you to spend much time in that mode. It's a big mode that you have to work more on it please.

Definitely, you have to do a more simulate game then now.. we want to play like we watch a real game..
    Thanks.