EA Forums - Banner

NHL 2021 Season Poll: Who Takes Home the Stanley Cup?

EA_Blueberry
4333 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 13
Hey, NHL fans!

Join our discussion thread on the NHL 2021 Season here.

Who do you think will win the Stanley Cup this season? Vote below!

Per NHL.com's Dan Rosen, these are the Super 16 Power Rankings.

The Tampa Bay Lightning are the No. 1 team in the preseason Super 16, but just barely.

The Lightning, who won the Stanley Cup last season, edged the Colorado Avalanche by one voting point in the exercise that featured 13 NHL.com staff members submitting their preseason power rankings.

Each was ranked No. 1 by six staff members and No. 2 by five, but the Lightning picked up the extra voting point by being ranked No. 3 by two staff members. The Avalanche were ranked No. 3 once, but one staff member had them as low as No. 4.

One voting point also separated No. 4 (St. Louis Blues) from No. 5 (Philadelphia Flyers), No. 6 (Washington Capitals) from No. 7 (Dallas Stars), and No. 13 (Pittsburgh Penguins) from No. 14 (Edmonton Oilers).

To create the Super 16, each of the 13 participating staff members put together his or her version of what they think it should look like. Those were submitted and a point total assigned to each.

The team that was selected first was given 16 points, second got 15, third 14 and so on down to No. 16, who got one point.

Here is the Super 16:
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  2. Colorado Avalanche
  3. Vegas Golden Knights
  4. St. Louis Blues
  5. Philadelphia Flyers
  6. Washington Capitals
  7. Dallas Stars
  8. Boston Bruins
  9. Toronto Maple Leafs
  10. Carolina Hurricanes
  11. Vancouver Canucks
  12. New York Islanders
  13. Pittsburgh Penguins
  14. Edmonton Oilers
  15. Montreal Canadiens
  16. Columbus Blue Jackets

NHL 2021 Season Poll: Who Takes Home the Stanley Cup? 11 votes

Tampa Bay Lightning
0% 0 votes
Colorado Avalanche
18% 2 votes
Vegas Golden Knights
18% 2 votes
St. Louis Blues
0% 0 votes
Philadelphia Flyers
9% 1 vote
Washington Capitals
9% 1 vote
Dallas Stars
9% 1 vote
Boston Bruins
0% 0 votes
Toronto Maple Leafs
18% 2 votes
Team from 10-16 (Poll only allows 10 options to select)
18% 2 votes
Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• Sega82mega
    3119 posts Member
    edited January 13
    *Edit
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • EA_Blueberry
    4333 posts EA Community Manager
    The NHL team simmed this season and here were the results:

oc4jaqvlxheb.png
  • this screenie above gives hope that we will get an adapted season schedule👍....btw I hope for SJS to get Stanley but out of the choice I have voted for TOR.
  • darkryd3r wrote: »
    this screenie above gives hope that we will get an adapted season schedule👍....btw I hope for SJS to get Stanley but out of the choice I have voted for TOR.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I believe @EA_Blueberry said there are no plans to add the adapted schedule/divisions.