EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 wishlist.

Replies

• Create an expansion 32 team goalie mask.
    When you create your team.. you have a lot of options. The things it missed is about the goalie mask.
    You can't have a simple one with your logo... You have to choose one in an other league.. it's not cool. Thanks.
  • Use Chip by The Real Mczkenzies as the game music while in the lobby.
  • Foreboding skillful sense chip shooter abilities.
    Madden fan since 93.
  • Every sports game try to be the most simulate game.. Madden, Fifa, NBA, etc.. except NHL.

1 - the scoreboard. Every hockey game you watch.. the scoreboard is on the upside left of the tv.. every channel you listened.. except EA sports NHL. Why?

2 - the big "goal" on the tv when you scores. With the comments in the game, you know when somebody scores.. no channel use this.. none.
    You have to let this go.. it's not cool and it's not like a real game.

3 - the replay. When you scores.. most of.the third replay is on the ice like a drone film it.. there's no replay on the ice. The most thrilling one is when you see it from the crowd.. that's awesome.. not on the ice near the players.

4 - tradeblock. When you put someone on the tradeblock, he's negative.. why he knows it.. can you explain me ?

5 - the coaching staff. When you put it I was like.. oh yeah it's awesome.. but, does it change something ? It changes nothing in the game.. I want to see more.

6 - stats in the game. When you see a stats in the game during a pause of play it's totally too fast, you don't have time to read or see the stats and the game is already continued. If you want to put stats.. let me see it please.

7 - franchise. I want you to spend much time in that mode. It's a big mode that you have to work more on it please.

Definitely, you have to do a more simulate game then now.. we want to play like we watch a real game..
    Thanks.

I thought EA having the “freedom” of presentation would mean better presentation, but we got an all capitalized “GOAL” word mark that looks like a kindergartner made it, a scoreboard at the bottom of the screen that can’t be reduced or moved, less goal horns, and a crowd that still goes silent not a mere 5 seconds after a goal lol. The crowd is just pathetic in this game, and that’s putting it in the best/nicest possible way I think I could.
  • Oh boy, where to begin.....

Cosmetics:
    - Ya'll have already said it, but custom goalie masks! Let us just place out logo (any of the 3 team logo's), our number, and a series of shapes on the mask.
    - Just take WWE 2K's customization and put it in chel. Let us customize out players faces with sliders, let us use shapes to create things like Pads, Jerseys, Masks, ect.
    - Let us put our arena name on our center ice design.
    - Let us change the size of our logo within our center ice design.
    - Create a coach, using customization like WWE 2K.

Gameplay:
    - Let us shoot off the fake shot animation
    - Custom faceoff setups.
    - Create-a-play
    - PLAYERS CANT RAISE THE PUCK (WITH AN 80+mph SHOT) FROM AN OFF HANDED ONE TIMER
    - Stop letting sticks go through legs. That includes goalie pads.
    - 9/10 times on tripping penalties, in real life a player would just kick the stick aside. Let physics happen with legs.
    - In customization, allow goalies to choose what type of animations play in certain scenario's! Shot high blocker? Let us choose between 2-3 different animations to make the save! Imagine the variety online if goalie's reacted differently! Model it after UFC's different striking animations.
    - Stick lifting is just awful. Look at how NHL 2k10 has those animations based on positioning. This needs to happen.
    - Speaking of NHL2k, shot blocking in 2k was beautiful. Why do players just drop in chel? It looks bad, it feels bad, and it just is bad.
    - Let me get back to 2k for a second. When you are racing for a puck, and you are shoulder on shoulder with a player, they fight for position. In EA NHL, they do absolutely nothing. There is no battle. Let our players battle for position!
    - In FIFA, it is incredible how players pick the ball up. Why are there only like 2 animations if the puck is in out feet? If a pass comes to the feet, and our player is ready to receive a pass, why can't he control the puck?
    - Speaking of little animations, WOW why are the tripping animations still from NHL06? There are only 3, and it looks like your guy just got shot!

Controls:
    - Back skating is great, but there are more things you should be able to focus on.
    - In the offensive zone, you should be able to square up to the net. I hate finishing a pivot, trying to face
    up with L2, then twisting as I'm winding up a wrister and now I'm looking at the boards.
    - In the defensive zone, let us square up to the puck! This way we have somewhat of a chance to pick off
    a cross crease pass.
    - Goalies need to be able to "attack the post" with a cross-crease save attempt.
    - Saucer passing and poke checking need to be a different button if tripping penalties are going to be this intense. If you skate up and are holding the sauce button and somebody strips you of the puck, you end up tripping him.
    - LET US HOLD A BUTTON THAT ALLOWS US TO BRACE A HIT RATHER THAN PICK UP THE PUCK. So many times I go for a hit but end up picking up the puck and dumping it down, then get dummied, when I anticipated that hit coming.
    - Please fix how damn hard it is to tie up in front of the net. I feel like its near impossible if somebody is slightly moving.
    - Goalie's should be able to sauce the puck

Misc:
    - Custom music :(
    - Menu's are SO SLOW. Why do you need to download updates every time you load into a page?
    - Get off the peer-to-peer network. We know it's meant for a low budget, but damn does it ever suck being in 2021 and having a AAA company still use this as a type of server. Why can we boot up with 81+ people in a battle royal game or the open world GTA has and not lag, but have a high ping with 8 people on the ice?
    - Rather than getting bags, why can't we earn a wage per game and go to the local source for sports to buy our equipment?
    - Custom attributes in EASHL.
    - It's EASHL, not the NHL, so rules can be a bit different, right? Can we get Olympic sized ice in 6's? or remove the trapezoid?
    - Should require a min. 4 players for 6's
    - Get rid of those awful hoodies in 6's.
    - in EASHL Drop-in, let us pick our teams again like NHL 14! Why do we have to be those 2 set teams?
    - Let us choose our AI's loadout
    - Let us switch loadouts in the game! Have us click the buttons as if you're switching lines, but you're switching loadouts, and have our guy skate to the bench and have the new loadout hop over the boards.
    - Crowd atmosphere is absolutely awful. The noises they make suck, breakaways feel the exact same as if you were ragging the puck with a 1-3-1 on the other side of the ice, and if you score a playoff goal they wait to react then slowly grab their towels and wave them (awfully). Mo cap people! Make them feel real! Crowds should boo if there are lots of penalties against them! Crowds should pop up on a breakaway, crowds should roar for a big playoff goal!

I held myself back, I have a lot of suggestions. Thanks for reading!
  • IceLion68
    1376 posts Member
    edited January 21
    clougheed wrote: »
    Oh boy, where to begin.....
    Good list. So many good things here but I want to highlight a couple.

Gameplay:
    - 9/10 times on tripping penalties, in real life a player would just kick the stick aside. Let physics happen with legs.

Controls:
    - Back skating is great, but there are more things you should be able to focus on.
    - In the offensive zone, you should be able to square up to the net. I hate finishing a pivot, trying to face
    up with L2, then twisting as I'm winding up a wrister and now I'm looking at the boards.
    - In the defensive zone, let us square up to the puck! This way we have somewhat of a chance to pick off
    a cross crease pass.
    - Saucer passing and poke checking need to be a different button if tripping penalties are going to be this intense. If you skate up and are holding the sauce button and somebody strips you of the puck, you end up tripping him.
    - Please fix how damn hard it is to tie up in front of the net. I feel like its near impossible if somebody is slightly moving.
    All that up there but especially that last one.
    Misc:
    - Menu's are SO SLOW. Why do you need to download updates every time you load into a page?
    - Get off the peer-to-peer network. We know it's meant for a low budget, but damn does it ever suck being in 2021 and having a AAA company still use this as a type of server. Why can we boot up with 81+ people in a battle royal game or the open world GTA has and not lag, but have a high ping with 8 people on the ice?
    - Rather than getting bags, why can't we earn a wage per game and go to the local source for sports to buy our equipment?
    I like the idea of in game money to spend on getting items you want. Either in hockey bags or earned some other way (like the challenges). They should implement this along with my ideas for hockey bags and give us royalties :D

Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Maze_Jolt_21
    9 posts Member
    edited January 21
    OKay.. Here we go

1. Removal of AFK players, like if they havnt touched there controller for like 10 sec or something, make them do a button combination or something.. and if they still are AFK kick them from the game and give them a short ONLINE ban for like 12 hours of something
    2. Puck ragging, same as above, its an actual in the rulebook aswell, sooo.. if they are standing in there own zone for quite some time, start with giving them a minor for delay of game, and if they continue, kick them from the match and give a 12hr online ban
    3. remove skillzone (the main and only goal for the AI should be to hold positions and not chase the puck carreir)
    4. Improve the goalies by alot, I would rather play a 2-1 game then having a 8-6 game where people only are forcing cross-creices..
    5. Obvious, but still need to be said: REMOVE THE DDA, its has happend sooo many times for me when I have a fully rested player, for example my FG Gaborik fully rested with spark and DB activate has been outskated by a base Hedman and other stuff like this
    6. REMOVE the "hit bubble", there is no reason why u should be able to protect the body when Im coming in with my Noebles and giving a hit that the other player should still have the puck, thats just not realstic whatsoever, no matther the balance of the other player
    7. and sticks should never go through peoples legs or the net, I have lost soo many games due to giving a poke check, my club goes through his legs and he has a clear cross-creice
    8. Improvement iun the auction house, like make itso u can search for a specific stat, like speed 90+ and like faceoff 88+ and so on every stat, would help out us players by ALOT
    9. every major pvp online game has it so, a short ban from playing online/enter online mods if u decide to leave/quit from a game, u should recive like a 10 min ban the first time, and if u do it again u reicve a longer ban (im talking like based on a 24hr cycle or 48hr cycle or something similar) But in HUT, online versus and CHEL
    10. and something smaller, if u decide to try to block the shot with laying down u shouldnt be able to swap player, this is very small but would be a good addittion IMO
    11. a BR mode is NEEDED
    12. remove auto sauce (simply it takes away skill, saucer pass should only be a saucer pass when u press R1
    13. Remove the speed-boost when self saucing (dosnt need any explanition why)
    Post edited by Maze_Jolt_21 on
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Oh boy, where to begin.....
    Good list. So many good things here but I want to highlight a couple.

Gameplay:

Controls:
    a cross crease pass.
    All that up there but especially that last one.
    Misc:
    I like the idea of in game money to spend on getting items you want. Either in hockey bags or earned some other way (like the challenges). They should implement this along with my ideas for hockey bags and give us royalties :D

A much more seamless tie up feature would make the pass interceptions “issue” go away quickly, especially if the AI knew how to do it well which they notoriously have in the past.
  • > @untouchable_BF1 said:
    > A much more seamless tie up feature would make the pass interceptions “issue” go away quickly, especially if the AI knew how to do it well which they notoriously have in the past.

Literally. Like let us battle for position, tie up in front of the net, and just get in the way of passes. There is no battle in this game, you can do absolutely nothing about players who just skate across the ice and pass it across to the guy in the slot. At the very least, let us face the puck so we have a chance to trigger the puck pick up.
  • Sega82mega
    3509 posts Member
    edited January 22
    Yeah hockey should be about physics.

Another thing. Maybe not popular.

But I would think it would be cool if HUT could take the team building to another level and implicate some sort of salary cap.

That way you wouldn’t have to face the exact same team every game and it would be much more interesting to find that missing piece to your team.

Would also be more 'cool' to look for your big guns to your team. If you cant have them all.

But I dont know what the salary cap should be based on... High ovr or just 'the name of the player'.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Yeah hockey should be about physics.

Another thing. Maybe not popular.

But I would think it would be cool if HUT could take the team building to another level and implicate some sort of salary cap.

That way you wouldn’t have to face the exact same team every game and it would be much more interesting to find that missing piece to your team.

Would also be more 'cool' to look for your big guns to your team. If you cant have them all.

But I dont know what the salary cap should be based on... High ovr or just 'the name of the player'.

When UT was first introduced, there was a salary cap and training which incentivized using CHL’ers with high potential as well as NHL veterans. EA then realized it’s much easier to make money selling established pros so they canned that actually good idea so you can MLG it up with your meta team, then make the “pro” scene play with all of these stacked power teams to ensure that there’s a whole community of UT “whales” that will make up any lost revenue from sales on any given year.

Brilliant (and completely unethical) strategy.
  • Socair
    2742 posts Game Changer
    edited January 22
    Let’s keep this as a wish list and not get into bigger discussions about other issues or specifics. Don’t want to bury suggestions and make it hard to easily read through them.
    Thanks.
  • Some gameplay ideas

In tight animations and being able to shoot five hole more constantly. Going five hole on a breakaway after a deke can go in but the animations aren't very smooth. Also adding a backhand rating would be great, player like mcdavid, crosby and kane have lethal backhands in tight. I would like to be able to roof a backhand from the goal line. Backhand master can only do so much in specific angles. Shooting five hole on a breakaway, or just shoot past the goalie on breakaways more consistently.

Passing needs an entire rework like skating a shooting did the last few years. Passing animations are WAY too quick. The lack of a wind up for a long or hard pass takes away any realism. The CPU is a master of no wind up yet tape to tape passes. On superstar difficulty good luck trying to get the puck from the CPU passes are strong and perfect tape to tape, even for cross zone passes. For stretch passes and hard passes player are basically taking wrist shots, I want to see animations that copies that.

Bumping is really inconsistent in my opinion. I'd like to see animations that keep possession of the puck even while being bumped. I play a lot of power forward on eashl and yes I can keep control of the puck for the most part but instead of losing it for a split second and recollecting I'd like to see animations that keep possession more often.

Goalies each year keep getting better with less "spiderman" saves and for the most part I like where they are at. Again more save animations the better but I'd really like to see the goalies have the ability on a breakaway to guess shot or deke. Programming this I have no idea how to but I really hope this can be possible. Being able to guess shot or deke forces the skater to read the goalie. The breakaway rating can really come into play as a 70 rating is easier to read while a 95 may give the skater nothing. Also if a player does the same move more than once in a game the goalie can learn that and adjust.

Just some ideas thanks.
  • ovenmitts19
    19 posts Member
    edited January 25
    Shooting: it makes no sense in this game and is absolutely horrendous and unrealistic. In today’s NHL the only way to really beat a goalie clean is with a quick release and not letting him square up. In this game if you try to quickly release the puck from any position you usually get a backhand shovel shot that doesn’t leave the ice or a weak snapper. This game rewards holding the puck out to the side for 3 seconds and taking a short side heel to toe wrist shot like it’s 1980. These guys are using 400 gram composite sticks with an insane amount of pop, not Sherwood 5030s. Similarly, the backhands are categorically awful. It’s an absolute weapon when used properly IRL from the outside/hash marks distance but only viable in this game on breakaways.

Stickhandling: the skill stick in this game is terrible and doesn’t in any way feel like actually stickhandling a hockey puck. In old gen despite its issues the near 1:1 fidelity with your thumb movements was awesome, fun to play and created a skill gap. I.e, roll the right stick to the left side and down with a lefty gives you a manual toe drag instead of some precanned animation. The skill stick in this game looks more like trying to stickhandle an onion chunk on a cutting board with a butcher knife.

Passing: Please fix the fact that backhand passes are harder and more accurate than forehand passes. The backhand passes are literally harder than the backhand shots in this game. Similarly, on no look pass attempts your accuracy should be reduced by about 95% unless you’re playing with Patrick Kane.

Defense: the most commonly used tool in real hockey is battling for a puck WITH TWO HANDS ON YOUR STICK. Why is this not in the game and instead our only tool is a fishing pole poke check? Similarly please fix the low speed collisions and hitting so there is no longer a bubble around players and you actually have to cycle the puck instead of spinning with A/X held down.

One timers: unless you’re Ovechkin and the like for most guys getting the puck on net with some mustard on it is considered a successful attempt. In this game everyone can seemingly crush one timers bar down off the post-crossbar elbow regardless of the pass speed or where it is relative to their feet position.

Pass receptions. Please bring back the dynamic from old gen where pass speed and touch actually mattered and a pass that was charged too long would be bobbled. It actually put the onus on the passer to demonstrate some level of skill with R2/RT. This would also help to mitigate some of the fully charged laser beam cross crease attempts through 14 solid objects that can be hammered bar down by anyone on the ice issue that has ruined NHL 21.

Cheers.
  • I'd love an actual contract negotiation with players for franchise mode. NHL 2k8 had an awesome negotiation feature, with the agent's offer and your counter offer and you guys work it out until you meet in the middle somewhere. Add in NMC/x-team no trade list, bonuses, and I think it would be a huge upgrade to franchise mode
  • Okay so I have a LOT of ideas :

-First roster sharing is the most important thing, it needs to be in cuz it will open so many potential that I will list below

-A more complete create a team customization like mlb the show or nba 2k. Where you can import logos, customize literally everything about the teams uniform, create custom goalie mask that you can apply to any goalie, ect and be able to share them

-being allowed to create additional jerseys for active teams, I know LOTS of jerseys are missing from the NHL would be great to be able to make them and assigned it to a team already in the game

-more customizable player faces (literally every sports games are way more in depth with face creation) and being able to modify current players faces.

-a IIHF licences would be great cuz it would allowed them to add the world junior championship, the world cup, ect and we would have the real countries jerseys and rosters. You could add these tournaments in be a pro and franchise, it would be great.

-A KHL, NCAA, USHL, EIHL licences also would be nice, but I have an alternative if this doesn't work. Why not just add a create a league option where you can basically add all the rules and teams you want and being able to add your custom league into franchise or season mode. NBA 2k has this feature. People could recreate the entire KHL if they want to with the real teams names, logos, jerseys and players and than share it.

-why the heck did they remove the Allstar games weekend and winter classic. Re-add these and for the allstar add a mini skills competion that would be nice and winter classic add them randomly into franchise mode.

-I think I may be the first to suggest this idea but I would like if they add a sorta preset overall option like they have in EASHL but in the player creation menu. Like you could just tell the game I want this player to be 68 overall for example, and based on his player type the game will automatically assigned him all the attributes to make him 68 overall at the end and his attribute will reflect the player type he is. This would save so much time for people creating lots and lots of custom players. And you could of course adjust the attributes after if you want to

-ability to edit every draft class for franchise mode and be a pro and share it

-ability to edit all about a current player from his name, to his birthday, ect and

-instead of putting blank faces for players with no picture just add their game face, like mlb the show does

-more players equipment from the old days

-just copy the morale system from mlb the show, it is perfect. And add a better line chemistry system where players can grow their chemistry by playing with the same player a lot, they could have a better chemistry for example they are coming from the same country, they have complementary playing style(like a playmaker with a sniper) just give the chemistry system more sense to exist instead of being decided randomly or only by the coach playing style.

-Add more player likeness into Franchie mode. Like how a player value money, playing for a winning team, playing close to home, how well does he like the coach, ect. And all these factor will decide of a player wants to resign.

-commissioner mode (or cheat mode) for franchise where you can basically change all you want from changing players ratings, players teams, ect

-more play by play names or add at least an option not to add a play by play name if the name you looking for isn't there

-play by play name for the players first name, not just the last name

-add NHL coaches licence or if it's impossible add us the ability to edit coaching staff for all teams. Like people could create the real ones and share it. Edit their attribute faces and all of that

-Add no-movement or trading clause into Franchise, improve the contract negation in free agency where it's like a mini game trying to offer more than other team.

-more crowd chants, especially during the playoffs or when you team is doing really good. Like go habs go or go leafs go chants. Booing when your team takes a penalty, just more crowd noise

-way better pre game presentation where you see your team leaving your locker room to go in the ice and add national antemn where you could skip if you want and have fans be pump of for the presentation.

-Why the heck did they removed the three stars presentation, add it back

-Way better stanley cup presentation where you can skate with the cup after and actually enjoy every moment of winning the cup

-Way better team celebration after a goal, I mean dear lord it is so bad and always the same thing.

-I didn't even talked about the gameplay yet where it needs so much work. Even a complete overhauled would be good I think, just follow the foot step of what NHL 2k10 has started. This game with continuing developpement would be so awesome by now. Because their bases are so solid and animation so better pulled off than EA.

I'm sure I have lots more ideas but for now thats what I was thinking from the top of my head. This game needs so much love
  • I’d love to see some sort of EASHL player progression the player classes are terrible they’re slow and not fun to use. If you want to keep player classes atleast do some sort of unlocking system where you level up and unlock player build similar to NHL players like a player similar to Kane mcdavid ovi etc. you can use your own custom character but with their traits and skills. Just a thought it could be a way to change up the boring slow pace of play. Maybe even set all online modes to superstar so the goalies can actually stop a puck. Bring back the ability to hold the puck with one hand freely with the use of the triggers and sticks.
  • Add the British Elite Ice Hockey League and all the Teams and Cups included.
  • Remove CHEL from the game and create a new product. Rather than a new game in which you include CHEL because you feel obligated but not obligated enough to care about it, create a whole new online experience that excludes HUT and VS. Develop that game and release it, but put this CHEL idea into a game.

Embrace the 6v6 world. 12 players in a game is more exposure than 2. I've seen the TV presentations of NHL and Madden. EA embraces the 1v1 crowd and alienates the 6v6, which is so oxymoronic! Look up how many NHL leagues are out there, beyond the LG crowd.

EA can host leagues, provide tie ins to the database to automatically upload stats to individual league web pages. Custom stadiums, uniforms, goalie gear, etc. Microstransactions that wouldn't break the bank of a league, but provide EA a new revenue. They could provide the league web pages, allowing for games to be scheduled, players can link their twitch streams directly, etc.

Drop in can be changed around to provide single players without immediate access to a club the ability to play with similarly skilled players, providing that the game grade people based on how they play and not just a win/loss record. For instance, players with a 300 RP will be playing other players in that range, and 400 CR players are grouped accordingly, and on up. The lower skilled players play on the out door pond rinks, while the more skilled players get moved up and can play in the arena's with NHL style games (stadiums, teams, jerseys, etc).

This blind devotion to HUT makes no sense, not when the number of 6v6 players is so high with people wanting to play.
  • Moxrox84 wrote: »

This blind devotion to HUT makes no sense, not when the number of 6v6 players is so high with people wanting to play.

The money is why.

So let's talk EA's language. You still release 2 games...

One is normal priced NHLXX with no hut/vs. Get rid of the playground stuff, focus on the NHL and EASHL again.

2nd is your hut/vs mode which you release for free. You love copying fortnite, here is your chance to take it to a new level with Hockey Ultimate Nite. Free hut opens you up to a lot more potential card pack buyers and let people buy "custom gear" with coins and/or money and/or event/tourney rewards etc.

A different dev team for each game. Game 1 focuses on balancing the game for EASHL 6v6 and franchise. Game 2 can have its own settings focused on enhancing the 1v1 team experience.

Everyone is happy and your potential earnings increase.