EA Forums - Banner

Game Play Chaos

Hi
why are my players so sluggish?
I activated the synergy spark etc.
I have a player85, he has a speed of 88, runs so sluggishly and he hardly reacts at all to the sprinting, as wanted but not able to.
The game play is annoying

The puck goes straight through the trowel (1:12)

Replies

• chli76
    31 posts Member
    edited February 19
    I would really like a comment from the EA guys on this one. I work within software and this is a clear and serious bug.

@EA_Aljo ?
  • Sega82mega
    3064 posts Member
    edited February 19
    My unprofessional opinion.

If you look at the clip from the start. A shot is taken. Of the skates on the other player (in white), everything looks pretty forced.

And then that blue player with he's back against the puck carrier, all of the sudden turns and in the same time manage to do some half(?) poke against the puck carrier. Almost dosent seem to be a poke check..maybe just got in the way? I feel that he's to close to the puck carrier to manage to do a successful poke... Usally you need more gap between the puck carrier and the poke check.

Whole situation seems kinda messy... Wouldn’t wanna review this. But I did try... 😏
  • xPDogg65x
    790 posts Member
    edited February 19
    chli76 wrote: »
    I would really like a comment from the EA guys on this one. I work within software and this is a clear and serious bug.

@EA_Aljo ?

Sticks are going through objects all the time, if they didn’t there would be sticks all over the ice or arms bending in impossible ways. After sticks pass through an object it can’t make contact with the puck for a few frames. Dustmann keeps replaying the clip but only shows the stick going through the players skate once at the beginning of the clip. It doesn’t matter how many times you keep rewinding showing the stick going through the puck from different angles, it was supposed to do that because it went through the leg/skate first.
  • Sega82mega
    3064 posts Member
    edited February 19
    xPDogg65x wrote: »

@EA_Aljo ?

Sticks are going through objects all the time, if they didn’t there would be sticks all over the ice or arms bending in impossible ways. After sticks pass through an object it can’t make contact with the puck for a few frames. Dustmann keeps replaying the clip but only shows the stick going through the players skate once at the beginning of the clip. It doesn’t matter how many times you keep rewinding showing the stick going through the puck from different angles, it was supposed to do that because it went through the leg/skate first.

You nailed it my friend! 👌
  • EA_Aljo
    2637 posts EA Community Manager

@EA_Aljo ?

Thanks for the assist! This is exactly what is happening.
  • xPDogg65x wrote: »

@EA_Aljo ?

In case you should take a good look.
    It doesn't matter if the stick goes through my player's legs or not, but why does the PUCK go through the blade ???????
    Bonus points for you at EA Sports, huh ???
  • This advantage of what the CPU player gets from game play cost me a goal.
    But woe to my player touches with the blade, the opponent's skate flies immediately onto the ice and I get tripped for 2 minutes

• and that was allegedly tripping a 2 minute penalty.
    What a joke

• Puck got stuck by magic?
  • It's just weird.
    If you write negative about the game play here, you are immediately put to the pranker
  • EA_Aljo
    Ampereturn wrote: »

It looks like the goalie's stick is going over the puck and contacting the stick of the carrier. This knocks the puck loose slides through the goalie's 5 hole.
  • EA_Aljo
    dustmann wrote: »

@EA_Aljo ?

In case you should take a good look.
    It doesn't matter if the stick goes through my player's legs or not, but why does the PUCK go through the blade ???????
    Bonus points for you at EA Sports, huh ???

The puck goes through because the assumption is that you can't make a play on it due to your stick or body not being in position. There is no 1:1 control over the stick due to using a game controller. It would be cool to be able to have full control over your stick and be responsible for avoiding players/objects, but that's not feasible currently. There are only so many functions you can control with a gamepad. Making sure your stick doesn't end up between another player's legs, under their armpit, hitting their head, etc, would also be a lot to manage and probably cause more frustration than fun. So, the puck can't be affected in situations where your player would have been busy trying to avoid contacting another player or object with their stick.
  • EA_Aljo

and that was allegedly tripping a 2 minute penalty.
    What a joke

Did you get a tripping penalty for this? It doesn't look like that should have happened. If you did, I'll get this video over to the dev team for review.
  • EA_Aljo

Puck got stuck by magic?

Thanks for the video. I'll pass this one on as well. The puck is dislodged due to Byram's stick contacting Carter's stick and possibly Carter's stick then contacted it again briefly which could have stopped it, but it does look pretty odd. So, possibly an issue, possibly not.
  • Ampereturn
    89 posts Member
    edited February 24
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

It looks like the goalie's stick is going over the puck and contacting the stick of the carrier. This knocks the puck loose slides through the goalie's 5 hole.

Thanks @EA_Aljo, yes, it is possible, but personally I think that puck should be stopped on goalie's stick because player is skating directly through the goalie's stick which should be placed on the ice surface. So now I can say, skate straight directly through the goalie's stick and score. Something is wrong, but ok, I've got your explanation, thank you for that.

I have another example how offense is preferred over the defense. Look at this capture please.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Atm2GtF_9Ichlq81EXT03BqZr2yWDA

Forwarder's stick is going through defender's stick but forwarder is still able to make a shot and score. I really don't understand what's wrong with that. Why is defender completely useless and cannot stop the shot in this case?
  • EA_Aljo

Thanks @EA_Aljo, yes, it is possible, but personally I think that puck should be stopped on goalie's stick because player is skating directly through the goalie's stick which should be placed on the ice surface. So now I can say, skate straight directly through the goalie's stick and score. Something is wrong, but ok, I've got your explanation, thank you for that.

I have another example how offense is preferred over the defense. Look at this capture please.

Forwarder's stick is going through defender's stick but forwarder is still able to make a shot and score. I really don't understand what's wrong with that. Why is defender completely useless and cannot stop the shot in this case?

Thanks for the video. We would normally expect to see the shot interrupted here. I've passed the video on to the dev team so they are aware. The issue here is with the stick flex. It may not have seen the contact that we see. If the stick wasn't flexing, chances are excellent the shot would be disrupted. Hopefully, we'll see this area improve in the future.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Thanks for the video. We would normally expect to see the shot interrupted here. I've passed the video on to the dev team so they are aware. The issue here is with the stick flex. It may not have seen the contact that we see. If the stick wasn't flexing, chances are excellent the shot would be disrupted. Hopefully, we'll see this area improve in the future.

Understood. Thank you @EA_Aljo for the explanation. Really appreciated.
  • @EA_Aljo , and now something for fun. As a goalie playing Drop-In games you need to have a good defenders there. Last time I was shocked, my D-man collapsed :o , it was stressful, but luckily, everything was OK, they didn't score. :D

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Atm2GtF_9Ichlq8x1SrDsxaE6VMZ5w?e=3lJX4d
  • EA_Aljo
    @EA_Aljo , and now something for fun. As a goalie playing Drop-In games you need to have a good defenders there. Last time I was shocked, my D-man collapsed :o , it was stressful, but luckily, everything was OK, they didn't score. :D

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Atm2GtF_9Ichlq8x1SrDsxaE6VMZ5w?e=3lJX4d

Ouch! Glad to see he was ok, but obviously, this shouldn't be happening. Thanks for the video!