EA Forums - Banner

I'm Done with this game...

Prev134
Where do I even start?

The CHEL is broke and won't give out the new rewards and EA Support is a joke.

I play HUT most of the time and I have posted recently about the base players flying around out skating all my 90's

This game is so scripted and EA doesn't even try to hide it. I am soo tired of watch people slide to take you out and no penalty, the passing through 3 players even though you are in position.

This game is so broken and EA doesn't even care they lose subs each year.

Please EA Mod don't respond and say "post a video"...clearly you don't play the game that everyone else sees and rants about or it's a scripted response like this game.

I can out play a team the whole game until the 3rd period comes around and nothing can stop EA from letting 84s score on some weird way.

I don't know what is worse the developers or the QA team that is to be testing this game??

I will never buy this trash game again!

Replies

• Sure you will.

And the reason they ask for video is mainly because "this game is so scripted and EA doesn't even try to hide it" but somehow nobody out of the hundreds of thousands of players seems to have come up with a video that actually proves it yet.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it's kinda weird how the only people who complain are the ones who just lost a match. Sour grapes are not proof.
  • Sure you will.

And the reason they ask for video is mainly because "this game is so scripted and EA doesn't even try to hide it" but somehow nobody out of the hundreds of thousands of players seems to have come up with a video that actually proves it yet.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it's kinda weird how the only people who complain are the ones who just lost a match. Sour grapes are not proof.

I´ve seen countless videos here that show how the game is favoring one team over the other. But apparently, at this age, it´s custom to just deny absolutely every accusation of doing anything shady. As long as you don´t admit to anything people will be unsure just like you seem to be. In a lot of the situations in the videos posted here, the managers just ignore to give an answer or just explain it with fatigue or strategies or some other strange explanation that does not make sense.
  • Sure you will.

I´ve seen countless videos here that show how the game is favoring one team over the other.

Feel free to share them. I'd be truly interested in seeing a video where you could 100% declare that the game is favoring one team over the other.
    But apparently, at this age, it´s custom to just deny absolutely every accusation of doing anything shady. As long as you don´t admit to anything people will be unsure just like you seem to be.

The reason I'm unsure is that the ONLY people who seem to complain about it are people who just lost a game. Nobody ever says "I just won that game and I was barely even trying. Every shot seemed to go in!"

It basically smacks of the same sort of energy as when player two used to say "OH MAN I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS CONTROLLING THE RED GUY, I THOUGHT I WAS BLUE!" or "You've obviously got the better controller so I didn't have a chance. Waah."
  • The reason I'm unsure is that the ONLY people who seem to complain about it are people who just lost a game. Nobody ever says "I just won that game and I was barely even trying. Every shot seemed to go in!"

It basically smacks of the same sort of energy as when player two used to say "OH MAN I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS CONTROLLING THE RED GUY, I THOUGHT I WAS BLUE!" or "You've obviously got the better controller so I didn't have a chance. Waah."

That is a false statement that disbelievers always state!

Most of us who complain openly admit that they are on the other side of the pendulum now and then. It´s brutally obvious when your team is OP and the opponent is nerfed. It´s more obvious when you are nerfed of course because of the stress it causes. I´m not complaining about losing, I´m complaining about whatever it is that causes the totally unbalanced games that have nothing with skill to do (winning or losing).
  • Sure you will.

I´ve seen countless videos here that show how the game is favoring one team over the other.

Feel free to share them. I'd be truly interested in seeing a video where you could 100% declare that the game is favoring one team over the other.
    But apparently, at this age, it´s custom to just deny absolutely every accusation of doing anything shady. As long as you don´t admit to anything people will be unsure just like you seem to be.

The reason I'm unsure is that the ONLY people who seem to complain about it are people who just lost a game. Nobody ever says "I just won that game and I was barely even trying. Every shot seemed to go in!"

I’ve contributed to this conversation in numerous threads, always stating being on both sides of god mode.I notice it both ways. I even direct message my opponents on Xbox letting them know my team is way OP. The game is rigged, and if I knew anything about technology I could prove it.
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    Sure you will.

I’ve contributed to this conversation in numerous threads, always stating being on both sides of god mode.I notice it both ways. I even direct message my opponents on Xbox letting them know my team is way OP. The game is rigged, and if I knew anything about technology I could prove it.

You don't need to have a high level of technical knowledge. Just record some video for us. If you need help with those instructions, let me know what system you play on and I'll get them for you.

There is no god mode. One team doesn't get a boost over the other.
  • The reason I'm unsure is that the ONLY people who seem to complain about it are people who just lost a game. Nobody ever says "I just won that game and I was barely even trying. Every shot seemed to go in!"

That is a false statement that disbelievers always state!

Most of us who complain openly admit that they are on the other side of the pendulum now and then. It´s brutally obvious when your team is OP and the opponent is nerfed. It´s more obvious when you are nerfed of course because of the stress it causes. I´m not complaining about losing, I´m complaining about whatever it is that causes the totally unbalanced games that have nothing with skill to do (winning or losing).

Let it go...we all know what we are complaining about...all the answers are send a video. There was a post not too long ago about how he ai on the offensive zone will tie your player up at the circle and it was called a "bug" by EA mod. Clearly it is programmed to do it...it's more like developers not knowing the rules of the game.

EA will never admit that there is that tilt given with lower skaters/team compared to those that have higher players. If so, then no one would buy packs and they lose money, but they need those lower teams to win since they know they already have those spending money to continue to play the game.

Look at the other series like FIFA the complaints are there too.

I play the game and if I lose so what, but when I see 85 and less player team (all players) outskating 91 St Louis, 93 Stamkos etc its beyond a joke.

Instead of asking for a video...look to the past and ask why are there less playing each year?? You can't hide those numbers since it's on EA website.

• EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Sure you will.

You don't need to have a high level of technical knowledge. Just record some video for us. If you need help with those instructions, let me know what system you play on and I'll get them for you.

Always asking for video proof. Well I got news for you, I got a ton of them. Let's start with this one.

This is a good example of GOD mode where it's impossible to take away the puck from the opponent.
    Now it's your turn EA_Aljo to show us video. I want to see a video from a real NHL game where we see a player keeping possession of the puck after being hit and poke check like we see in my video.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited February 19
    I dont see the point of being mad at Aljo cause he wants to see videos.

He's not asking for videos In the purpose of making enemies.

He just wants to see whats happening.

Videos showing shortcomings/errors, is the best videos!
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • I stopped playing a few weeks ago. A game is supposed to be fun. We play to relax and have fun. For the first time in years when playing this game I feel frustrated and tired. I become rude to the people who live with me. I'm 40+ years old and have been playing games for over 30 years. This is the first time that a game has made me like this. It's a shame because I've always loved hockey games and already after a few weeks I miss the game. That's why I come to take my tour from time to time on the forums to see if I'm the only one experiencing this. We should not have to provide evidence, or show videos. A good company listens to its customers! If there's just one person complaining, we don't change everything, but when there are a large number of dissatisfied people you have to ask yourself questions about your product. You don't ask people to always provide proof. Evidence or not, people are not happy. Telling them that they are wrong and that they have to provide proof only increases the frustration of your clients. EA's have had some tough years lately. They should start listening to their customers instead of having some kind of individual in the forums just telling people that there is no problem. Personally, the only advice I give people is to stop playing these games. This is the only way to show such a stubborn company that their games no longer appeal to us.
  • 99manfrottin66
    119 posts Member
    edited February 19
    I can´t for my life understand how people don´t see how the game tries to simulate momentum and does a lot of strange things to keep the games close.

I´m a division 3 player that goes on ridiculous winning/losing streaks. Either i win them all or lose them all for days. It is not like i win big or lose big. When i lose the game feels totally off but scoring-wise it is mostly close if i don´t lose interest and just quit playing because of how bad the game feels. On my losing streaks, the game very often feels good a couple of minutes in the first period and i countless times have had the lead 2-0 when suddenly the whole team is starting to skate on sandpaper and whatnot.

Now, i created an alternate account where i intentionally lost all qualifying games so i really started at the bottom. I quickly put together an all-star base cards team. Now in those lower divisions, i should crush all opponents, easily right? I almost win them all but the game keeps it close in most of the games. Late in the third, i can lead 3-2 and then i quickly net 3-4 goals and win big on paper. But the game was frustrating all up until the end. It really is like Mario Cart, rubberbanding.

I feel pretty confident that the reason is a mix of rubberbanding, DDA, Momentum, bugs, Input Lag & matchmaking. All of them perhaps necessary to create an engaging game but when combined and aligned wrong it is devastating for the player.

• I can´t for my life understand how people don´t see how the game tries to simulate momentum and does a lot of strange things to keep the games close.

I´m a division 3 player that goes on ridiculous winning/losing streaks. Either i win them all or lose them all for days. It is not like i win big or lose big. When i lose the game feels totally off but scoring-wise it is mostly close if i don´t lose interest and just quit playing because of how bad the game feels. On my losing streaks, the game very often feels good a couple of minutes in the first period and i countless times have had the lead 2-0 when suddenly the whole team is starting to skate on sandpaper and whatnot.

Now, i created an alternate account where i intentionally lost all qualifying games so i really started at the bottom. I quickly put together an all-star base cards team. Now in those lower divisions, i should crush all opponents, easily right? I almost win them all but the game keeps it close in most of the games. Late in the third, i can lead 3-2 and then i quickly net 3-4 goals and win big on paper. But the game was frustrating all up until the end. It really is like Mario Cart, rubberbanding.

I feel pretty confident that the reason is a mix of rubberbanding, DDA, Momentum, bugs, Input Lag & matchmaking. All of them perhaps necessary to create an engaging game but when combined and aligned wrong it is devastating for the player.

i know there is something in the game that make the score close,i'm gonna call it input lag controller generated by the game. I'm just tired to see online basic card team playing with a boost. The game is still perfect for me but there is a lot of bug and glitch to be fixed
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    jplavoie96 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Sure you will.

Always asking for video proof. Well I got news for you, I got a ton of them. Let's start with this one.

This is a good example of GOD mode where it's impossible to take away the puck from the opponent.
    Now it's your turn EA_Aljo to show us video. I want to see a video from a real NHL game where we see a player keeping possession of the puck after being hit and poke check like we see in my video.

Where in this video should your players have taken control of the puck and kept it? You forced a cross-crease pass that results in a turnover. You had control for a moment at the 13 second mark, but it was turned over quickly. Then, at the 20 second mark you chase the carrier from behind and then switch to the player in front, but miss with a poke check and give them a bump. Which, knocks the puck loose, but you're not in a good position to pick it up again so the opposing player gets it back which leads to the final play that scores.

I get frustrated too at times when the puck keeps getting picked up by an opposing player so I understand how you feel, but I also know why this happens. It's due to ratings as well as positioning and the same thing happens with my own players. I'm not saying the mechanic for this is perfect, but it also occurs on both sides and is a result of game mechanics. It's not the game deciding one team needs to be in god mode.
  • Mailman2121
    153 posts Member
    edited February 23
    So today is one of those days where every game is [profanity removed] rigged. I don’t every know why I do this to myself. After winning 17 games in a row I can’t even score a goal. My players have cement blocks on their skates.

Edit: Removed profanity. Please do not try to circumvent the profanity filter. -CM
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on
  • Trisixty66 wrote: »
    I stopped playing a few weeks ago. A game is supposed to be fun. We play to relax and have fun. For the first time in years when playing this game I feel frustrated and tired. I become rude to the people who live with me. I'm 40+ years old and have been playing games for over 30 years. This is the first time that a game has made me like this. It's a shame because I've always loved hockey games and already after a few weeks I miss the game. That's why I come to take my tour from time to time on the forums to see if I'm the only one experiencing this. We should not have to provide evidence, or show videos. A good company listens to its customers! If there's just one person complaining, we don't change everything, but when there are a large number of dissatisfied people you have to ask yourself questions about your product. You don't ask people to always provide proof. Evidence or not, people are not happy. Telling them that they are wrong and that they have to provide proof only increases the frustration of your clients. EA's have had some tough years lately. They should start listening to their customers instead of having some kind of individual in the forums just telling people that there is no problem. Personally, the only advice I give people is to stop playing these games. This is the only way to show such a stubborn company that their games no longer appeal to us.

couldn't have said it better myself sir. if one person comes up with a problem, yeah, make sure they're right before chasing it. when hundreds of users (when you combine reddit, here, and discord just to start) express that they're experiencing the same thing, calling them all lies and insisting that they prove the unprovable is really a slap in the face. i don't know many other places where a studio representative can speak down to paying customers on a regular basis and get away with it.

maybe the lesson here is for players to just accept that we're going to have someone take shots at our honesty if we express concern about a clear issue with the game. treating people respectfully is absolutely in the rules of this forum so i don't see how someone is getting away with consistent disrespect but it is what it is, double standards exist in life so why not here too. as a player base, we'll just have to be polite, take the high road, and apparently accept being talked down to and having our honesty questioned.

i'm sorry to everyone who has to continually experience that just because we wanted to improve things. here's to hoping you all have a fantastic week ahead!
  • Trisixty66 wrote: »
    I stopped playing a few weeks ago. A game is supposed to be fun. We play to relax and have fun. For the first time in years when playing this game I feel frustrated and tired. I become rude to the people who live with me. I'm 40+ years old and have been playing games for over 30 years. This is the first time that a game has made me like this. It's a shame because I've always loved hockey games and already after a few weeks I miss the game. That's why I come to take my tour from time to time on the forums to see if I'm the only one experiencing this. We should not have to provide evidence, or show videos. A good company listens to its customers! If there's just one person complaining, we don't change everything, but when there are a large number of dissatisfied people you have to ask yourself questions about your product. You don't ask people to always provide proof. Evidence or not, people are not happy. Telling them that they are wrong and that they have to provide proof only increases the frustration of your clients. EA's have had some tough years lately. They should start listening to their customers instead of having some kind of individual in the forums just telling people that there is no problem. Personally, the only advice I give people is to stop playing these games. This is the only way to show such a stubborn company that their games no longer appeal to us.

This right here, when a video game is no longer fun to play, why play. There are tons of other games out there who's developers actually care and listen to the people who make sure they have jobs. The only response we ever get here is one of the mods playing the ol "show me video evidence or it didn't happen" when all they need to do is boot up their game and play it.

It sickens me that this franchise has been deteriorated to the point of being Fortnite on skates.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Sure you will.

Where in this video should your players have taken control of the puck and kept it? You forced a cross-crease pass that results in a turnover. You had control for a moment at the 13 second mark, but it was turned over quickly. Then, at the 20 second mark you chase the carrier from behind and then switch to the player in front, but miss with a poke check and give them a bump. Which, knocks the puck loose, but you're not in a good position to pick it up again so the opposing player gets it back which leads to the final play that scores.

I get frustrated too at times when the puck keeps getting picked up by an opposing player so I understand how you feel, but I also know why this happens. It's due to ratings as well as positioning and the same thing happens with my own players. I'm not saying the mechanic for this is perfect, but it also occurs on both sides and is a result of game mechanics. It's not the game deciding one team needs to be in god mode.

Whatever man. I'm done with you and this piece of garbage you call a game. I tired of wasting my time and being laugh at.

gxtywjnzlerk.png

Here's a screenshot of my last HUT game as a souvenir. As you can see my opponent barely touched the puck the whole game but I couldn't even score a goal. All my scoring chances went wide while the few chances he had went in. I mean, I was an online division 1 player last year and I’m getting beat by unskilled players on a regular basis. Why, because of this DDA crap that keep giving a constant speed advantage to the opposing team. You take an early 4-0 lead and you end up loosing 6-5 because your players have cement blocks for the rest of the game. Rivals mode sucks, I've played so many games that I can almost tell from the puck drop the game scenario. There's about 10 of them and as soon as you get close to moving up a division, the loosing streak starts.

Like many others, I don't enjoy playing this game anymore so I quit. Good luck EA finding players for NHL 22.
  • jplavoie96 wrote: »
    Sure you will.

Whatever man. I'm done with you and this piece of garbage you call a game. I tired of wasting my time and being laugh at.

gxtywjnzlerk.png

Here's a screenshot of my last HUT game as a souvenir. As you can see my opponent barely touched the puck the whole game but I couldn't even score a goal. All my scoring chances went wide while the few chances he had went in. I mean, I was an online division 1 player last year and I’m getting beat by unskilled players on a regular basis. Why, because of this DDA crap that keep giving a constant speed advantage to the opposing team. You take an early 4-0 lead and you end up loosing 6-5 because your players have cement blocks for the rest of the game. Rivals mode sucks, I've played so many games that I can almost tell from the puck drop the game scenario. There's about 10 of them and as soon as you get close to moving up a division, the loosing streak starts.

Like many others, I don't enjoy playing this game anymore so I quit. Good luck EA finding players for NHL 22.

MLB The Show is coming soon! HUT's population is going to become dry like it already is in Rivals. Even Gamechangers are leaving! Played a HUT Rivals game today where I went against a Div 1 team in Div 5. Needed 1 win before Div 4. It was a Gamechanger buddy and he kept charging at me like a bull. We were talking and he was laughing as not 1 penalty was called. Many times I get interfered or charged at and no penalties get called. Heck he charged me twice and got 2 breakaways that way as my AI defense was lagging back... Games becoming more of a joke by the day and it has many top NHL gamers asking why no updates or patches are happening. Literally this game is worse than listening to nails on a chalkboard on a rotated loop. I rather go drink my own toilet water than play this game lately.
  • amxblade
    211 posts Member
    edited February 23
    Yep MLB The Show is gonna kill the numbers and I'm ok with that. Means less people spending money on packs, so less money for EA.
  • Stephlefan6AX
    287 posts Member
    edited February 23
    i like to won against stronger players lol.this weekend in hut champ i won against a 12-6-2 guy with 1531pts when i finished 10-10 with 1135 pts. so its fun but i hate playing with input lag controller or some sort. mlb show is not it by EA too?