EA Forums - Banner

Please release sets to build players!

monz
952 posts Member
edited February 13
I've been looking for ages to get a Philippe Myers to build a 93 Sean Couturier. Other sets have Jerseys sets to build. Please fix this, if this is another ploy to get people to buy packs it's gross!!

Replies

• monz
    952 posts Member
    PS Having to use 2 GC's and 2 10k cards to go up 1 overall is ridiculous.
  • I said when those sets dropped they were going to be expensive. Same with having 3 tiers of Master Icons this year too.

I'm waiting for the Gold Master Icons to drop before I start using any collectables or spend too much in the House.
  • monz wrote: »
    Please fix this, if this is another ploy to get people to buy packs it's gross!!

Absolutely everything is a ploy to get people to buy packs. Even when they give you free stuff or make something "reasonably priced" it's just an attempt to get you on the hook so that you'll buy packs.

Selling packs are the entire point of the game mode.
  • EA_Aljo
    2874 posts EA Community Manager
    monz wrote: »
    Please fix this, if this is another ploy to get people to buy packs it's gross!!

Absolutely everything is a ploy to get people to buy packs. Even when they give you free stuff or make something "reasonably priced" it's just an attempt to get you on the hook so that you'll buy packs.

This isn't a scheme to get you to buy more packs. You can earn a high amount of players for free with rewards from Rivals, Squad Battles and HUT Rush. Those can be exchanged for gold collectibles that can be used for these sets.
  • monz
    952 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

This isn't a scheme to get you to buy more packs. You can earn a high amount of players for free with rewards from Rivals, Squad Battles and HUT Rush. Those can be exchanged for gold collectibles that can be used for these sets.

You cannot earn a Phillipe Myers in any way shape or form. Must be gotten through packs, i have looked for this player everyday on the AH since the set dropped beginning of Feb.

My request was to add sets to make the player as have been done for recent events and jerseys.

Please explain how its not a ploy to buy packs. When player cannot be bought from AH or created in a set please.
  • @EA_Aljo

» Show Previous Quotes

So how do we get these players? Its ridiculous if we have to HOPE we pull them in a pack. Exchanging players for gold collectables was not the question. Its not the gold collectables thats the issue, its the fact that these 2 players are non existent ANYWHERE. Whats the point of these Fantasy player upgrades if the players needed aren't available. This is a bug in this event. It needs to be addressed. If I had know I would not be able to get the items needed to upgrade my player I would not have created the player to begin with.
  • monz
    952 posts Member
    It's not a bug, people are holding onto them banking that EA will up the price they can be sold for. But i totally agree would not have wasted GC's if i had know they were gonna pull this ****!

GIVE US THE ABILITY TO MAKE THESE PLAYERS!!!!!!!
  • EA_Aljo

You cannot earn a Phillipe Myers in any way shape or form. Must be gotten through packs, i have looked for this player everyday on the AH since the set dropped beginning of Feb.

My request was to add sets to make the player as have been done for recent events and jerseys.

Please explain how its not a ploy to buy packs. When player cannot be bought from AH or created in a set please.

You're not forced to buy packs. You can earn them for free and get a chance at receiving them. You can also wait until he shows up on the market. I've been checking for this same player daily and he's very rarely found. It isn't making me buy more packs. I'm not being forced to upgrade him. There are other players I can use while I wait to complete this set.
  • monz
    952 posts Member
    edited February 21
    Well Sir either while sitting on the AH all day instead of playing is a drag. If you read my OP I state it's a ploy, which means in other terms "to entice" me to buy more packs to get what i need.

You are correct that no one is making my buy packs. But that defensive backhand comment "no one is making me" just assure's me im correct that there is a problem. But i'll just chaulk it up to you not like liking to be proven factually incorrect and move on.

I should't have to spends hours not playing the game in the AH to get an upgrade. I'm usually very positive towards EA, unlike most posters. I love the game and how it plays. But this is a huge oversight, or a ploy!

Either way this needs to be corrected. This will be my last comment on the matter, so you needn't bother replying. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
    Despondent Fan
  • SuperKMX_39
    120 posts Member
    edited February 22

This person not being able to find this exact player on the auction house is not in itself a scheme to get people to buy more packs. The fact that the entire game mode is, was more my point.

Also, HUT Rush might give a whole bunch of packs, but where can I earn that Philippe Myers card, please? I've completed the current HUT Rush set (best pull was an 81...yay) and I've purchased packs with money and rinsed silvers into 40-45 two gold player packs, and I've not seen him.

So the question remains - will EA make a change so that people can upgrade their Couturier without spending all their playing time refreshing the auction house?
    Post edited by SuperKMX_39 on
  • I got lucky and pulled the Proverov and Philippe Myers card, made someone’s day when I put them on the AH.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1477 posts Member
    edited February 23
  • EA_Aljo
    Well Sir either while sitting on the AH all day instead of playing is a drag. If you read my OP I state it's a ploy, which means in other terms "to entice" me to buy more packs to get what i need.

You are correct that no one is making my buy packs. But that defensive backhand comment "no one is making me" just assure's me im correct that there is a problem. But i'll just chaulk it up to you not like liking to be proven factually incorrect and move on.

I should't have to spends hours not playing the game in the AH to get an upgrade. I'm usually very positive towards EA, unlike most posters. I love the game and how it plays. But this is a huge oversight, or a ploy!

Either way this needs to be corrected. This will be my last comment on the matter, so you needn't bother replying. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
    Despondent Fan

I definitely didn't mean to make a backhanded comment. I'm very sorry it came across that way. There is no ploy here though to get you to buy more packs. Regardless, I hope sets are added at some point that makes these more attainable. This is an item that is in a pool of hundreds, if not thousands, of other items and he's highly sought after. So, it makes sense he's not going to show up on the market very often.
  • monz
    952 posts Member

Thanks, but not the same thing.