EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

• About the video evidence, I played one OVP game that was laggy, even when ping was below 20ms. But what caught my attention is, when I reviewed a goal. There was a different save animation from goalie in instant replay that actually happened in my screen. Jumping desperation save vs leg kick. How could that be? Might be a sync issue? That would explain a lot of these puck through skates/stick issues.
  • Greyinsi wrote: »
    About the video evidence, I played one OVP game that was laggy, even when ping was below 20ms. But what caught my attention is, when I reviewed a goal. There was a different save animation from goalie in instant replay that actually happened in my screen. Jumping desperation save vs leg kick. How could that be? Might be a sync issue? That would explain a lot of these puck through skates/stick issues.

I have weird video things happen like that all the time. For example (no video evidence so stop asking whoever is asking)...I'll do a poke check that doesn't come anywhere near my opponents skates, but half a second after my poke animation completes the opponent falls down....penalty me. Replay doesn't show the same thing as what I saw live.

I am overtired with all the apparent sync/lag/slow type problems with this game. It's ALWAYS slanted to one side or the other. I can't breathe on a player's skates without a penalty, but my opponent can mug me, interfere, trip, and run my goalie with no consequence whatsoever. Where I come from we call that "ice tilt." I'm not accusing EA of programming that into the game, but I am calling them out for not resolving whatever problems cause issues that RESEMBLE what ice tilt would look like.

I feel like in all the years people have been complaining about things in general there's always a "it did this because" explanation, but never a "it's not supposed to do that and we have to find out why" solution. To be real, that's mainly how EA has let us down...year after year.
  • Greyinsi wrote: »
    About the video evidence, I played one OVP game that was laggy, even when ping was below 20ms. But what caught my attention is, when I reviewed a goal. There was a different save animation from goalie in instant replay that actually happened in my screen. Jumping desperation save vs leg kick. How could that be? Might be a sync issue? That would explain a lot of these puck through skates/stick issues.

I have weird video things happen like that all the time. For example (no video evidence so stop asking whoever is asking)...I'll do a poke check that doesn't come anywhere near my opponents skates, but half a second after my poke animation completes the opponent falls down....penalty me. Replay doesn't show the same thing as what I saw live.

I am overtired with all the apparent sync/lag/slow type problems with this game. It's ALWAYS slanted to one side or the other. I can't breathe on a player's skates without a penalty, but my opponent can mug me, interfere, trip, and run my goalie with no consequence whatsoever. Where I come from we call that "ice tilt." I'm not accusing EA of programming that into the game, but I am calling them out for not resolving whatever problems cause issues that RESEMBLE what ice tilt would look like.

I feel like in all the years people have been complaining about things in general there's always a "it did this because" explanation, but never a "it's not supposed to do that and we have to find out why" solution. To be real, that's mainly how EA has let us down...year after year.

the developers say things can be improved all the time
  • My first speed glitch experience on my XSX! It is the game! NHL actually can’t implement properly functioning sliders. I can’t believe I gave it the benefit of the doubt. One game 9 combined goals, next game 0-0 shutout on twice the amount of shots! It’s actually impressive how blatantly obvious your backend slider manipulations can be while still failing to acknowledge this bug/intended functionality.

The show can’t come soon enough, I hope to never touch this series again until we can get a game with functioning sliders like every single other AAA sports game. Even broken Madden can consistently change the game experience via sliders. FIFA can change the game experience via sliders. NHL can, but chooses to override the user’s preferred slider set to play either EAir hockey with goals goals goals, or snap you into a 0-0 goalie duel where they’re magically faster than ever before, can’t be screened, and give up absolutely zero rebounds. Ohhemmmgee, I am SOOO immersed!! I am actually dumb enough to believe this is two completely organic experiences happening due to execution and play recognition. Totally isn’t the game doing whatever it wants, nooooooo.

How can you be getting beat by madden offline lol? It’s gotta be one of the worst offline sports games out there and yet they have functioning sliders. Do you guys need a video of this thing that happens to me and every other slider-maker who plays offline almost every night we play? Shuffling a few sliders around magically never changes the game at EA Vancouver huh? “Retail only” bug this speed glitch must be...
  • EA_Aljo
    2711 posts EA Community Manager

We have said many times when we receive video showing a bug. This is why we keep requesting them because they really are very valuable. Most of the videos we get are from people that don't realize how the mechanics work. Such as the puck passing through sticks/bodies after a player's stick/body contacts another player or object. That's on us since there's no notice in-game about why this happens so it could certainly be seen as a bug.

There are numerous sources we get videos from. Not just these forums. They have been incredibly helpful with reproducing bugs so they can be addressed.
  • My first speed glitch experience on my XSX! It is the game! NHL actually can’t implement properly functioning sliders. I can’t believe I gave it the benefit of the doubt. One game 9 combined goals, next game 0-0 shutout on twice the amount of shots! It’s actually impressive how blatantly obvious your backend slider manipulations can be while still failing to acknowledge this bug/intended functionality.

The show can’t come soon enough, I hope to never touch this series again until we can get a game with functioning sliders like every single other AAA sports game. Even broken Madden can consistently change the game experience via sliders. FIFA can change the game experience via sliders. NHL can, but chooses to override the user’s preferred slider set to play either EAir hockey with goals goals goals, or snap you into a 0-0 goalie duel where they’re magically faster than ever before, can’t be screened, and give up absolutely zero rebounds. Ohhemmmgee, I am SOOO immersed!! I am actually dumb enough to believe this is two completely organic experiences happening due to execution and play recognition. Totally isn’t the game doing whatever it wants, nooooooo.

How can you be getting beat by madden offline lol? It’s gotta be one of the worst offline sports games out there and yet they have functioning sliders. Do you guys need a video of this thing that happens to me and every other slider-maker who plays offline almost every night we play? Shuffling a few sliders around magically never changes the game at EA Vancouver huh? “Retail only” bug this speed glitch must be...

I wouldn't get to excited about The Show. SDS is going the way of EA more and more everyday. You think their move to Xbox has any good intentions? They're fishing for more people to manipulate into their rigged online system. Their offline modes mean little if anything at all to them anymore. April 20th is a long way away and with it being both a transition and expansion year for them, my hopes are not high for offline modes. I hope I'm wrong because I'm ready to flush NHL.

I wouldn't get to excited about The Show. SDS is going the way of EA more and more everyday. You think their move to Xbox has any good intentions? They're fishing for more people to manipulate into their rigged online system. Their offline modes mean little if anything at all to them anymore. April 20th is a long way away and with it being both a transition and expansion year for them, my hopes are not high for offline modes. I hope I'm wrong because I'm ready to flush NHL.

I’m assuming the MLB has a lot to do with the move to Xbox. And I am able to make my own fun on games even if the modes don’t allow me too (NHL, Madden) so I’m not worried about that either. What matters to me is offline gameplay and presentation. The Show offers an amazing in-game experience regardless of their modes which is more than enough for me to make my own fun. Their sliders actually work consistently game to game, CPU doesn’t have abilities I don’t, crowd is unreal especially in playoff mode games, it’s just a great experience. I don’t play NHL outside of “play now” so if the show can give me addicting gameplay in play now (I’m assuming they will, they’ve earned that reputation) NHL will be quickly given up on. After 3 years of sliders not working consistently whether that’s intended or a bug that won’t get addressed, my patience has ran out for this series.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    EA has been denying "ice tilt" and "momentum" for *years* when people have tried to draw attention to this phenomenon. While I concede people were mistaken in thinking that the game somehow is trying to achieve a predetermined outcome - an argument which even I admit is silly and falls apart under the most basic of scrutiny - there is *something* at work here and @EA_Aljo has actually now told us as much.

Honestly...

@EA_Aljo says: AI teams will fight harder when they're down.

You're trying to conflate this comment with OP's claim that games being played online between two humans are scripted or the victim of ice tilt.

To be perfectly clear - again - I am not saying this is ice tilt as people have been crying about. I am just saying that this could explain what people are seeing.
    Clearly, the comment made by Aljo is referring to offline games versus the A.I. And it should come as no surprise to anyone who understands the game of hockey that a team (either A.I. or human controlled) would adjust their strategies and increase taking risks according to the score and time left in the game.

Well, the OP has stated he is playing online HUT - so I have 2 questions for @EA_Aljo :

1) Does this only refer to AI-only teams?
    2) Does the AI on the team defending the lead also adjust when this happens?

Just from my offline experience, here are my answers:

1. Yes and no. When playing offline modes outside of HUT, the CPU/HUM strategy adjustment sliders determine the amount of change in strategy depending on the game situation. I personally rock 0/6 for both and play 1/2 the game for each team just so that the experience is 100% “fair” when playing. To this point, if those sliders are set to anything above 0, you will see your coach make adjustments and if you switch teams you’ll notice your previously set values will be different.

2. the HUM default is 0/6 while the CPU is 3/6 so I assume a HUT offline game would require the human to manually change these strategies if they wish.

Interesting anecdotal experiences that “lean” towards the AI being uneven when compared to the user and itself from my time playing with completely even rosters, sliders, strategies:

1. Some games I can just “feel” one team is scoring easier than the other. Outshoot one team 36/20 and the team with 20 shots ends up winning 6-2. Goals are first shots, deflections, screens and due to the obvious fact that I’m playing myself lol, I’m not trying anything with one team that I wouldn’t with the other. I don’t care about wins and losses obviously, I objectively try to score for both, but one goalie is on fire while the other stinks and both have their consistency attribute at 0/2 which we know means zero variation in their play. This experience goes away when playing on Pro and Superstar. All-star is a total mess and I’m convinced that the All-Star and Superstar difficulties have been flip-flopped for the last 2-3 years, because AS is super frustrating and annoying, Pro is too easy, Superstar oddly enough feels just right.

2. Despite being told “both AI’s have the same “abilities” there is a drastic difference in competence between opponent AI and yours. Your AI don’t want the puck, they practically stand still and don’t react to anything unless you hold their hand and skate them next to the puck then change off of them. The CPU AI on the other hand basically starts their full sprint towards the inevitable location of the puck tip/deflection/destination immediately after contact from a pad/stick or release of a pass. This makes winning races off of deflections in-order to hold the zone very hard against the AI. Now, add this phenomenon onto default sliders and super aggressive AI strats and you’ll get an opponent that feels like they’re in “super” or “god” mode.

Another example of this, when you pass and barely miss, all 4 of your teammates stand still and will be totally disinterested in the puck till it’s picked up by an opponent. Opponents react immediately to pucks without clear destinations (at least one player) which makes passing into space less rewarding and viable than it should be as modern hockey offenses rely on area passing so much due to the lack of time and space.

3. The AI puck pickups and animation cancelling are absolutely ridiculous when compared to the human. You’ll go into a corner, make the AI stumble with a hit, and your throwing a hit animation will last longer than their stumble which they can immediately branch into a pickup animation in their desired direction which is something the human literally can’t do. Humans have to literally release LS and stand still to have a prayer at winning a “50/50” puck battle against the AI. A “50/50” puck against the AI might as well be a “5/95” puck which takes away from a realistic and immersive feeling from the game.

4. When setting strats for the AI like “full attack” and 10/10 pinch, they will execute those strategies to a fault. It actually is insanely easy to chip the puck by them and make them pay when you do this. Setting your own team to these settings does NOT result in your AI pinching without care and trying to hold the zone at all costs. Clearly they put way too much stock into reading the human and their “positioning” to simply do their jobs and execute the assigned strategy. Let me make mistakes, please. I want to be beat running my strategies, I do not want to be beat because the AI overrules my coaching instruction, does something super passive, and ends up opening a hole that wouldn’t have existed had they played aggressive like I asked them too.

5. When I setup in the zone, the CPU will force me to the boards and if I cycle back to the point, the player who was marking my player low will take away the return pass a lot of the time which forces me to look to my partner or shoot which is great to see, I love that! My AI though, want no part of that. They would rather stand and collapse (usually not even covering anyone btw which is super helpful) despite being set to “puck side attack” and “staggered” which makes getting hemmed in your zone a rather frustrating and helpless experience.

6. My team still does not understand how to not randomly sprint across the NZ when trapping and give up their assigned position lol. What in the heck is going on lol? Like, what are they “reading” that results in this? It’s a zone defense. Stand (well, please telescope/not stand completely still) in your position and do your job. The CPU team does this to a fault! They stand in their position and get burned running the trap while flat footed because they do stand quite literally in their position lol! I don’t magically find a wide open passing lane on one side of the ice due to a CPU AI sprinting away from their assigned position, so why do my AI do this?

7. CPU skating is just laughable. They simply break the physics engine whenever they want and float, spin, juke, stutter step, wiggle, whatever you want to call it, whenever they feel like it. There should be no video evidence required here, play the game for 5 seconds, dump the puck in, and watch how they get to negate your “board play” request for a second then stop, start, power move, and accelerate in the same frame easily escape your forecheck. If anyone needs a video for this, they don’t play the game nearly enough lol.

That’s it for now, but I felt it’s relevant information to this discussion on “ice tilt” or “the game playing us” or “CPU variance” we see in games. It’s there, but I doubt it’s malicious. Like you, I’d rather these discussions focus more on the “why” people are saying this rather than simply denying “ice tilt” because at the end of the day, who cares whether it’s malicious or not? We just want to see these variances remediated/addressed so that the outcomes are more predictable/fair. And when I say “predictable” I don’t mean that attributes shouldn’t matter and that I want every outcome to be a given, but I would like to see my AI execute a trap as well as a team of high schoolers could when I set that strategy. I’d like to see my AI be as “puck hungry” as my fully-CPU AI are. I’d like to see 50/50 pucks be more 50/50. I’d like to see the CPU adhere to to the physics engine. All of these “predictable” things should happen which will leave room for dynamic outcomes to happen.

Last thing I’ll note here while I’m on the topic of inconsistency, since upgrading to the XSX, al of my offline games have had a consistent speed. They’re all faster than my 1X games but you can’t tell the animation speeds are normal. They’re are not in the hyper-speed mode they are on the 1X when you can tell it’s “speed glitch” time. This seems to support my theory that the X1 and 1X were the culprits of this phenomenon but I could never fully figure out why this happened or what was causing it. Here’s to hoping the speed glitch will go away in this next generation of games as I believe it was a console issue.

1. About the difficulty of all star and superstar being flip-flopped is a theory I've had since the first time squad battles were introduced. I played on allstar and was having an infuriating time playing. Switched to superstar, and while still hard, contained far fewer "what was that???", moments and less rage.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    EA has been denying "ice tilt" and "momentum" for *years* when people have tried to draw attention to this phenomenon. While I concede people were mistaken in thinking that the game somehow is trying to achieve a predetermined outcome - an argument which even I admit is silly and falls apart under the most basic of scrutiny - there is *something* at work here and @EA_Aljo has actually now told us as much.

Honestly...

@EA_Aljo says: AI teams will fight harder when they're down.

You're trying to conflate this comment with OP's claim that games being played online between two humans are scripted or the victim of ice tilt.

To be perfectly clear - again - I am not saying this is ice tilt as people have been crying about. I am just saying that this could explain what people are seeing.
    Clearly, the comment made by Aljo is referring to offline games versus the A.I. And it should come as no surprise to anyone who understands the game of hockey that a team (either A.I. or human controlled) would adjust their strategies and increase taking risks according to the score and time left in the game.

Well, the OP has stated he is playing online HUT - so I have 2 questions for @EA_Aljo :

1) Does this only refer to AI-only teams?
    2) Does the AI on the team defending the lead also adjust when this happens?

Just from my offline experience, here are my answers:

1. Yes and no. When playing offline modes outside of HUT, the CPU/HUM strategy adjustment sliders determine the amount of change in strategy depending on the game situation. I personally rock 0/6 for both and play 1/2 the game for each team just so that the experience is 100% “fair” when playing. To this point, if those sliders are set to anything above 0, you will see your coach make adjustments and if you switch teams you’ll notice your previously set values will be different.

2. the HUM default is 0/6 while the CPU is 3/6 so I assume a HUT offline game would require the human to manually change these strategies if they wish.

Interesting anecdotal experiences that “lean” towards the AI being uneven when compared to the user and itself from my time playing with completely even rosters, sliders, strategies:

1. Some games I can just “feel” one team is scoring easier than the other. Outshoot one team 36/20 and the team with 20 shots ends up winning 6-2. Goals are first shots, deflections, screens and due to the obvious fact that I’m playing myself lol, I’m not trying anything with one team that I wouldn’t with the other. I don’t care about wins and losses obviously, I objectively try to score for both, but one goalie is on fire while the other stinks and both have their consistency attribute at 0/2 which we know means zero variation in their play. This experience goes away when playing on Pro and Superstar. All-star is a total mess and I’m convinced that the All-Star and Superstar difficulties have been flip-flopped for the last 2-3 years, because AS is super frustrating and annoying, Pro is too easy, Superstar oddly enough feels just right.

2. Despite being told “both AI’s have the same “abilities” there is a drastic difference in competence between opponent AI and yours. Your AI don’t want the puck, they practically stand still and don’t react to anything unless you hold their hand and skate them next to the puck then change off of them. The CPU AI on the other hand basically starts their full sprint towards the inevitable location of the puck tip/deflection/destination immediately after contact from a pad/stick or release of a pass. This makes winning races off of deflections in-order to hold the zone very hard against the AI. Now, add this phenomenon onto default sliders and super aggressive AI strats and you’ll get an opponent that feels like they’re in “super” or “god” mode.

Another example of this, when you pass and barely miss, all 4 of your teammates stand still and will be totally disinterested in the puck till it’s picked up by an opponent. Opponents react immediately to pucks without clear destinations (at least one player) which makes passing into space less rewarding and viable than it should be as modern hockey offenses rely on area passing so much due to the lack of time and space.

3. The AI puck pickups and animation cancelling are absolutely ridiculous when compared to the human. You’ll go into a corner, make the AI stumble with a hit, and your throwing a hit animation will last longer than their stumble which they can immediately branch into a pickup animation in their desired direction which is something the human literally can’t do. Humans have to literally release LS and stand still to have a prayer at winning a “50/50” puck battle against the AI. A “50/50” puck against the AI might as well be a “5/95” puck which takes away from a realistic and immersive feeling from the game.

4. When setting strats for the AI like “full attack” and 10/10 pinch, they will execute those strategies to a fault. It actually is insanely easy to chip the puck by them and make them pay when you do this. Setting your own team to these settings does NOT result in your AI pinching without care and trying to hold the zone at all costs. Clearly they put way too much stock into reading the human and their “positioning” to simply do their jobs and execute the assigned strategy. Let me make mistakes, please. I want to be beat running my strategies, I do not want to be beat because the AI overrules my coaching instruction, does something super passive, and ends up opening a hole that wouldn’t have existed had they played aggressive like I asked them too.

5. When I setup in the zone, the CPU will force me to the boards and if I cycle back to the point, the player who was marking my player low will take away the return pass a lot of the time which forces me to look to my partner or shoot which is great to see, I love that! My AI though, want no part of that. They would rather stand and collapse (usually not even covering anyone btw which is super helpful) despite being set to “puck side attack” and “staggered” which makes getting hemmed in your zone a rather frustrating and helpless experience.

6. My team still does not understand how to not randomly sprint across the NZ when trapping and give up their assigned position lol. What in the heck is going on lol? Like, what are they “reading” that results in this? It’s a zone defense. Stand (well, please telescope/not stand completely still) in your position and do your job. The CPU team does this to a fault! They stand in their position and get burned running the trap while flat footed because they do stand quite literally in their position lol! I don’t magically find a wide open passing lane on one side of the ice due to a CPU AI sprinting away from their assigned position, so why do my AI do this?

7. CPU skating is just laughable. They simply break the physics engine whenever they want and float, spin, juke, stutter step, wiggle, whatever you want to call it, whenever they feel like it. There should be no video evidence required here, play the game for 5 seconds, dump the puck in, and watch how they get to negate your “board play” request for a second then stop, start, power move, and accelerate in the same frame easily escape your forecheck. If anyone needs a video for this, they don’t play the game nearly enough lol.

That’s it for now, but I felt it’s relevant information to this discussion on “ice tilt” or “the game playing us” or “CPU variance” we see in games. It’s there, but I doubt it’s malicious. Like you, I’d rather these discussions focus more on the “why” people are saying this rather than simply denying “ice tilt” because at the end of the day, who cares whether it’s malicious or not? We just want to see these variances remediated/addressed so that the outcomes are more predictable/fair. And when I say “predictable” I don’t mean that attributes shouldn’t matter and that I want every outcome to be a given, but I would like to see my AI execute a trap as well as a team of high schoolers could when I set that strategy. I’d like to see my AI be as “puck hungry” as my fully-CPU AI are. I’d like to see 50/50 pucks be more 50/50. I’d like to see the CPU adhere to to the physics engine. All of these “predictable” things should happen which will leave room for dynamic outcomes to happen.

Last thing I’ll note here while I’m on the topic of inconsistency, since upgrading to the XSX, al of my offline games have had a consistent speed. They’re all faster than my 1X games but you can’t tell the animation speeds are normal. They’re are not in the hyper-speed mode they are on the 1X when you can tell it’s “speed glitch” time. This seems to support my theory that the X1 and 1X were the culprits of this phenomenon but I could never fully figure out why this happened or what was causing it. Here’s to hoping the speed glitch will go away in this next generation of games as I believe it was a console issue.

1. About the difficulty of all star and superstar being flip-flopped is a theory I've had since the first time squad battles were introduced. I played on allstar and was having an infuriating time playing. Switched to superstar, and while still hard, contained far fewer "what was that???", moments and less rage.

The last few days Superstar has quite literally saved this game for me. I find everything so much more rewarding and fun and balanced on Superstar. What in the world is going on? I have seen people use this theory all over the place but never believed enough to try. You have turned me, my friend. I completely agree.

I’m assuming the MLB has a lot to do with the move to Xbox. And I am able to make my own fun on games even if the modes don’t allow me too (NHL, Madden) so I’m not worried about that either. What matters to me is offline gameplay and presentation. The Show offers an amazing in-game experience regardless of their modes which is more than enough for me to make my own fun. Their sliders actually work consistently game to game, CPU doesn’t have abilities I don’t, crowd is unreal especially in playoff mode games, it’s just a great experience. I don’t play NHL outside of “play now” so if the show can give me addicting gameplay in play now (I’m assuming they will, they’ve earned that reputation) NHL will be quickly given up on. After 3 years of sliders not working consistently whether that’s intended or a bug that won’t get addressed, my patience has ran out for this series.

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just getting worried on how SDS is trending towards an EA philosophy. Play Now is fun, but I need a franchise mode and SDS has left broken features unfixed in the last few iterations. That's not right. They also make false claims to sell to offliners. Like last years "full minors". They didn't expand the leagues and they never even came close to including all minor league players. So, what about it was "full". Nothing. They abandoned it because the Diamond Dynasty twits were at odds.

Oh, I agree with you. I'm just getting worried on how SDS is trending towards an EA philosophy. Play Now is fun, but I need a franchise mode and SDS has left broken features unfixed in the last few iterations. That's not right. They also make false claims to sell to offliners. Like last years "full minors". They didn't expand the leagues and they never even came close to including all minor league players. So, what about it was "full". Nothing. They abandoned it because the Diamond Dynasty twits were at odds.

Yeah it’s sad to see the state of the sports gaming genre. You’re going to have to cross over to the dark side with me and use excel sheets to run your own leagues because we aren’t given the tools in game to have a fun offline experience lol.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

We have said many times when we receive video showing a bug. This is why we keep requesting them because they really are very valuable. Most of the videos we get are from people that don't realize how the mechanics work. Such as the puck passing through sticks/bodies after a player's stick/body contacts another player or object. That's on us since there's no notice in-game about why this happens so it could certainly be seen as a bug.

There are numerous sources we get videos from. Not just these forums. They have been incredibly helpful with reproducing bugs so they can be addressed.

I don't know that you could really consider a lot of the problems as individual bugs per se. I just wonder why the gameplay is different game to game for MY team. What I mean there is one game my team might feel crispy, fast, and easy to control right from the drop of the puck, and then another game they look/feel loose/rubbery, slow/clumsy, and will not follow the controller input if their life depended on it.

The reason why this is such a complaint for me is that MY team has the exact same ratings every single game, but they rarely reflect that. The skill of opponent or eliteness of their players should NOT effect how my players feel in the game or how they act. Things like that are supposed to be the same every game, but it's rarely reflected in the game that way, and that is the problem that needs solving.

I always thought the online part of the game was to blame for these things happening the way they do. I don't play offline modes, so I have no point of reference like that. I have heard other people say these problems still rear their ugly head while even playing OFFLINE. With that being the case you can't just automatically say it's the internet causing the problem. So what IS the problem then?

You have to take into consideration WHY players are your biggest skeptics right now. They feel cheated by the game over and over again. I can see both sides of that. I get cheated all the time it seems, but I also see my opponents get cheated as well, just a little less often than I do. It is ALWAYS one side or the other getting the shaft too...every single game. The ice always feels tilted, even if I'm the one with the advantage.

If my team played and felt the exact same every single game then that would put the onus on ME to get better at the game. What are you supposed to do though when it seems like "the game" decides your abilities in a random fashion from one game to the next? You waste your time "rage-quitting" or whatever you want to call it in order to get to a game where your players feel like they are supposed to feel...then your opponent rage-quits.

That's where this game is right now.

I don't know that you could really consider a lot of the problems as individual bugs per se. I just wonder why the gameplay is different game to game for MY team. What I mean there is one game my team might feel crispy, fast, and easy to control right from the drop of the puck, and then another game they look/feel loose/rubbery, slow/clumsy, and will not follow the controller input if their life depended on it.

The reason why this is such a complaint for me is that MY team has the exact same ratings every single game, but they rarely reflect that. The skill of opponent or eliteness of their players should NOT effect how my players feel in the game or how they act. Things like that are supposed to be the same every game, but it's rarely reflected in the game that way, and that is the problem that needs solving.

I always thought the online part of the game was to blame for these things happening the way they do. I don't play offline modes, so I have no point of reference like that. I have heard other people say these problems still rear their ugly head while even playing OFFLINE. With that being the case you can't just automatically say it's the internet causing the problem. So what IS the problem then?

You have to take into consideration WHY players are your biggest skeptics right now. They feel cheated by the game over and over again. I can see both sides of that. I get cheated all the time it seems, but I also see my opponents get cheated as well, just a little less often than I do. It is ALWAYS one side or the other getting the shaft too...every single game. The ice always feels tilted, even if I'm the one with the advantage.

If my team played and felt the exact same every single game then that would put the onus on ME to get better at the game. What are you supposed to do though when it seems like "the game" decides your abilities in a random fashion from one game to the next? You waste your time "rage-quitting" or whatever you want to call it in order to get to a game where your players feel like they are supposed to feel...then your opponent rage-quits.

But real life NHL teams don't play the exact same way every game. They need to adjust to their opponents. Sometimes that adjustment means a win, other times it means a loss. Nobody is getting 'cheated' out of anything.

But real life NHL teams don't play the exact same way every game. They need to adjust to their opponents. Sometimes that adjustment means a win, other times it means a loss. Nobody is getting 'cheated' out of anything.

They also don’t magically skate at 2x the speed game to game either. There’s something in the backend going on. I don’t think it’s malicious, but this “speed glitch” exists in both online and offline NHL and FIFA. It can’t be a coincidence imo.

They also don’t magically skate at 2x the speed game to game either. There’s something in the backend going on. I don’t think it’s malicious, but this “speed glitch” exists in both online and offline NHL and FIFA. It can’t be a coincidence imo.

Definitely not a coincidence. FIFA and NHL have more in common than I thought. Watch a lot FIFA videos that are critical of it and you'll see a lot of the same arguments you get for NHL. Both non malicious and malicious.

That is partially true. HOWEVER, the point I'm trying to make is that everybody on the team is the same player ratings-wise every single game. For example, Ovechkin isn't going to all of a sudden forget how to snipe. Vasilevsky isn't going to forget how to stop a puck. Larkin isn't going to all of a sudden become a slow skater. The attributes are the attributes, and I wish EA would just leave them the F alone and let US decide who is better. EA sure doesn't mind having a game where players complaint about artificial difficulty adjustments giving an advantage one way or another.

Let me word this for the elementary school folks out there. Your strategies don't change my attributes. My strategies don't change your attributes. It's THAT simple...but with this game it's everything but that simple. I feel like I'm speaking to toddlers that don't listen to anything when I try to explain the problems that we have as players. Isn't it funny that the only viable solution to this "made up" problem is to buy so many packs that you have a stacked enough team to overcome EA's "non-existent" difficulty adjustment sliders?

I said what I said.

That is partially true. HOWEVER, the point I'm trying to make is that everybody on the team is the same player ratings-wise every single game. For example, Ovechkin isn't going to all of a sudden forget how to snipe. Vasilevsky isn't going to forget how to stop a puck. Larkin isn't going to all of a sudden become a slow skater. The attributes are the attributes, and I wish EA would just leave them the F alone and let US decide who is better. EA sure doesn't mind having a game where players complaint about artificial difficulty adjustments giving an advantage one way or another.

Let me word this for the elementary school folks out there. Your strategies don't change my attributes. My strategies don't change your attributes. It's THAT simple...but with this game it's everything but that simple. I feel like I'm speaking to toddlers that don't listen to anything when I try to explain the problems that we have as players. Isn't it funny that the only viable solution to this "made up" problem is to buy so many packs that you have a stacked enough team to overcome EA's "non-existent" difficulty adjustment sliders?

I said what I said.

lmao it just sounds like you have a hard time adjusting to the fact hockey is dynamic

I said what I said.

lmao it just sounds like you have a hard time adjusting to the fact hockey is dynamic

Why, because I believe that players should play to their attributes and not act like they are being artificially scaled all the time? It's pretty bad when you can see it happen to your whole team at one time because EA said so. This happens even with full line health. I could understand it more if my players were tired, but that's not the case here.
  • But there's always an opponent you need to take consideration too.

Just beacuse you got Mcdavid and Ovie on your team dosent mean you automatic will win every puck battle, skate faster then anyone and go top shelf every shot.

It's up to us, that control them.

• Idk, sometimes it feels like the difficulty is adjusted dynamically but ofc it's not. :D