EA Forums - Banner

Speed

Prev134567
Folks, it's no fun with at least 5 out of 10 online games, the other gamer's players are so fast that you never catch up with them, with or without a puck. They do not make the goals playfully but through speed.

Replies

• JudyRacing wrote: »
    Folks, it's no fun with at least 5 out of 10 online games, the other gamer's players are so fast that you never catch up with them, with or without a puck. They do not make the goals playfully but through speed.

It kinda sucks but at least you know what they are going to do. I find if I put my face-off strategy to defensive it helps getting beat off the draw, play the trap and try to slow them down in the neutral zone, dont take chances with your defense and get some cheap guys with speedster. Might help cut down on the speed advantage.
  • So, back to my first letter, I have now called a professional and he has set up my XBox and my router. Now I have a ping between 10 and 13 ms, it says this is very good for online games. Ok, and then you have these individual gamers who can play 0% ice hockey, who only win because their players are so incredibly fast that you can't catch them under any circumstances, but they check you, and even worse, they check you everywhere , even if you want to turn off beforehand. I would love to write their names, but I'd rather not do that. Mfg judy racing
  • Not to be that guy but this is the exact problem we have had for years with this game. There are "gamers" and there are "hockey players/fans" we are not the same. I am the latter of the two and that really hurts when playing this game. there is very little real life hockey experience in this year's game and its really bad in HUT. And yes all year about 50% of the games the speed is very one sided. WE have complained, showed videos, gave suggestions and it just doesn't seem to matter....But its our only option for hockey so what are we to do?
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    Not to be that guy but this is the exact problem we have had for years with this game. There are "gamers" and there are "hockey players/fans" we are not the same. I am the latter of the two and that really hurts when playing this game. there is very little real life hockey experience in this year's game and its really bad in HUT. And yes all year about 50% of the games the speed is very one sided. WE have complained, showed videos, gave suggestions and it just doesn't seem to matter....But its our only option for hockey so what are we to do?

You might find the speed of Online Versus to be better than Ultimate Team. HUT has players with boosted stats and speed is the most popular attribute so you're going to see a huge focus on it. If you want a more authentic experience, Online Versus would probably be a better option.

Speed aside, I find I can still set up good plays. I can cycle the puck, make tic tac passes and have diversity with how I score. Most people are always looking to race down the boards and set up a cross-crease one T and that's for sure frustrating to play against, but it always feels good to get a win when you're playing more like real hockey instead of going for the same move over and over again.
  • chli76
    31 posts Member
    That "race down the board, make a blind passs and score a cross crease goal every time" should be easy to get rid of by adding some intelligence to the D man in front of the goal. It is far too easy to score like that.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited March 12
    Its importen the highest intelligence comes from your own D as you have in control, if you keep that player in the right spots, your AI will back you up pretty good. But to add intelligence to the A.I will never be a bad thing.

I was thinking of putting out a video today, were im going to play without using hustle and still be able to play a pretty fast/competitive hockey just by making smart plays, against what I imagine will be a typical opponent that will push hard on hustle/speed and go for cross creases. You will see I will never try to chase them, if they wanna play fast, I wait for them to come to you.

And I will do my best to play as much 'hockey' as I can.

Will see if I can get some good video.

*hopefully the opponent will try to rag and all that, so I can give you some good options how to handle them too.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Not to be that guy but this is the exact problem we have had for years with this game. There are "gamers" and there are "hockey players/fans" we are not the same. I am the latter of the two and that really hurts when playing this game. there is very little real life hockey experience in this year's game and its really bad in HUT. And yes all year about 50% of the games the speed is very one sided. WE have complained, showed videos, gave suggestions and it just doesn't seem to matter....But its our only option for hockey so what are we to do?

You might find the speed of Online Versus to be better than Ultimate Team. HUT has players with boosted stats and speed is the most popular attribute so you're going to see a huge focus on it. If you want a more authentic experience, Online Versus would probably be a better option.

Speed aside, I find I can still set up good plays. I can cycle the puck, make tic tac passes and have diversity with how I score. Most people are always looking to race down the boards and set up a cross-crease one T and that's for sure frustrating to play against, but it always feels good to get a win when you're playing more like real hockey instead of going for the same move over and over again.

Yeah I agree the online vs it still happens but not as often, I think the larger issue is the speed issue and "the word that shall not be said" somehow happens to occur. I really enjoy playing HUT its fun as a bruins fan to have, Pasta playing with Bourque and Neely, that is the fun of this mode, however as you and I have been in other chats, this year really hasn't done any justice to the fan. This year the speed has been a major issue, and before folks as I average about 20-30 ping. But there are games where my team has been OP and its a joke and the same on the other side, what can't the gaem just honor the actual stats across the board? Meaning if thier player is a 99 speed and mine is a 96 then they shoudl be minimally faster than me, or if a 96 speed is streaking down the ice in full hustle why is a d man able to completely turn around and still catch them? I don't care if thier speed is 99 the time it take to turn around should be enough to cause the problem. Just a thought..
  • EA_Aljo
    3227 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Yeah I agree the online vs it still happens but not as often, I think the larger issue is the speed issue and "the word that shall not be said" somehow happens to occur. I really enjoy playing HUT its fun as a bruins fan to have, Pasta playing with Bourque and Neely, that is the fun of this mode, however as you and I have been in other chats, this year really hasn't done any justice to the fan. This year the speed has been a major issue, and before folks as I average about 20-30 ping. But there are games where my team has been OP and its a joke and the same on the other side, what can't the gaem just honor the actual stats across the board? Meaning if thier player is a 99 speed and mine is a 96 then they shoudl be minimally faster than me, or if a 96 speed is streaking down the ice in full hustle why is a d man able to completely turn around and still catch them? I don't care if thier speed is 99 the time it take to turn around should be enough to cause the problem. Just a thought..

Now we're getting off topic. This thread is about speed. If you want to start up another thread claiming slower players are beating faster players, you're welcome to do so.
  • @KunFu_Panda_82 i think your players are just fatigued. Players with low 80 endurance will get one rush and be slow as hell after that.. my 94 Lemieux is still pretty atrocious for his endurance.

This really is the thing to do here. That being, leaving HUT and playing online versus. The problem is, EA puts zero effort into any kind of added detail like seasons, tournaments, or dynasties. Why's that? I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that it would take away from people spending money on packs in HUT, there has to be a good natured reason right?
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited March 14
    Regarding speed.

I wish in 22 it will mean more to 'respect' the key players.

You can see it so clear in the real world.

Mcdavid is a excellent example to take.

Everytime Mcdavid gets the puck on he's own blue line, all the other players in the opposite team start to fall back, cause they know, if they try to pinch, they will get burned, they need to take as much 'safe distance' on Mcdavid as they can, to not risk being out-skated.

I dont really feel it's the same behavior in this game, dosent mather if it's Mcdavid or Nick Paul that has the puck, people seem to attack/pinch the puck carrier no mather who's having it.

I really hope this type of 'head-less' forecheck will involve a much higher risk to get arrogant and end up flat-footed and behind.

It's never been as good as in 21,but I still think it could get more clear.

How about we put FATIGUE in the game. That would stop all these outlandishly overrated players from buzzing around. Because I dont care what you say or anyone else. Fatigue doesnt exist in HUT.
  • smyth9779 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

How about we put FATIGUE in the game. That would stop all these outlandishly overrated players from buzzing around. Because I dont care what you say or anyone else. Fatigue doesnt exist in HUT.

It 110% exists on my team lol
  • > @KunFu_Panda_82 said:
    > Yeah I agree the online vs it still happens but not as often, I think the larger issue is the speed issue and "the word that shall not be said" somehow happens to occur. I really enjoy playing HUT its fun as a bruins fan to have, Pasta playing with Bourque and Neely, that is the fun of this mode, however as you and I have been in other chats, this year really hasn't done any justice to the fan. This year the speed has been a major issue, and before folks as I average about 20-30 ping. But there are games where my team has been OP and its a joke and the same on the other side, what can't the gaem just honor the actual stats across the board? Meaning if thier player is a 99 speed and mine is a 96 then they shoudl be minimally faster than me, or if a 96 speed is streaking down the ice in full hustle why is a d man able to completely turn around and still catch them? I don't care if thier speed is 99 the time it take to turn around should be enough to cause the problem. Just a thought..

That's what I mean, only recently I lost to a player, the top player was level 82, but so incredibly fast that you didn't have a chance.
  • I got no problem to out skate Mcdavid with a random player if thats so.

It all has to do with how well you tajm your own play. You got to work with the speed. Leveraging.

If you just skate up and down and never move in any other direaction, in that case nothing strange if you never going to get any faster.

I have no idea how you can say 'my super fast player didn't stand a chance against low overall players'.

It's not that simpel. So many things thats mather.

But startin to be pretty tiresome discussion. Easiest thing would have to be to put up a video of a whole game, so it's easy to see how people try to take advantage of the diffrent aspects that may impact your own players speed.

Hard to know without knowing.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    I got no problem to out skate Mcdavid with a random player if thats so.

It all has to do with how well you tajm your own play. You got to work with the speed. Leveraging.

If you just skate up and down and never move in any other direaction, in that case nothing strange if you never going to get any faster.

I have no idea how you can say 'my super fast player didn't stand a chance against low overall players'.

It's not that simpel. So many things thats mather.

But startin to be pretty tiresome discussion. Easiest thing would have to be to put up a video of a whole game, so it's easy to see how people try to take advantage of the diffrent aspects that may impact your own players speed.

Hard to know without knowing.

97 McDavid is so good,he make me reach Division 3 last night :)
  • Division 3. Damn boy! You are soon to be elite, im so glad it's going good for you!

And yes Mcdavid is both good and fast.

But if it's only was about skating fast, there wouldn’t be no difference. Especially this time of the year when every player is fast.

Your own success is build alot around speed, but it's not all.

If you wanna play really fast, the key is to glide now and then, be easy on the hustle, or else you will get out of options.

It's easier to pass/shot/deke/turn sharp angles/ and also play defense, if you try to do things more slow and gentle.

Way to go steph! 😊👍
    Division 3. Damn boy! You are soon to be elite, im so glad it's going good for you!

But if it's only was about skating fast, there wouldn’t be no difference. Especially this time of the year when every player is fast.

If you wanna play really fast, the key is to glide now and then, be easy on the hustle, or else you will get out of options.

It's easier to pass/shot/deke/turn sharp angles/ and also play defense, if you try to do things more slow and gentle.

Way to go steph! 😊👍

thx but i'm not considering myself elite lol. i need to improve like you said about doing thing more slow and gentle. i'm those kind of player with speed meta in the 90's. also i'm so poor at deking
    Division 3. Damn boy! You are soon to be elite, im so glad it's going good for you!

Way to go steph! 😊👍

thx but i'm not considering myself elite lol. i need to improve like you said about doing thing more slow and gentle. i'm those kind of player with speed meta in the 90's. also i'm so poor at deking

How you move your left thumb on the LS can really improve your deking.

Try to just flick with your left thumb in left / right direaction, almost like you 'skiing with your thumb' same time you try some diffrent dekes with the skill-stick.

For me it's definitely my skating that makes my deking pretty good. And I never really do any of this 'special moves/dekes'.

Well well, sorry off topic.

You go hard! 😜
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Way to go steph! 😊👍

How you move your left thumb on the LS can really improve your deking.

Try to just flick with your left thumb in left / right direaction, almost like you 'skiing with your thumb' same time you try some diffrent dekes with the skill-stick.

For me it's definitely my skating that makes my deking pretty good. And I never really do any of this 'special moves/dekes'.

Well well, sorry off topic.

You go hard! 😜

ah ok just move the left stick slightly instead of full moving to left or right. i use the hybrid setup controller with the right stick when not trying the one-timer. i don't like to setup offense for 2 minutes in offensive zone that probably why i like the speedy way, thats not mean i don't go behind the net