EA Forums - Banner

Let's Talk: How to have an enjoyable experience in Drop-Ins

13Next

Replies

• IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    I’d like to have the ability to call for the AI to pass and shoot removed. I’ve used it to my advantage after my human teammates quit but it really isn’t fair to the other team. When human players set the proper strategies and know properly how to use the AI, it’s a huge advantage! There are even a few well known players and trolls that get players to quit on purpose so they can do this.

They’re AI for a reason. We shouldn’t be able to control them at all.

Also don’t tell me this can’t be done because it can. The “coach” will sometimes leave comments in his feedback saying “You’re making your teammates (AI) look bad because you keep calling for the puck at bad times. I’ve told them to stop listening to you.”

This is a terrible idea. So as the lone human player left after your team quits you want to play and just hope that the AI does the right thing? You have a lot more faith in the AI than most. I mean feel free not to use because you think its unfair but I think it's terrible that you think you should get to decide this for everyone else. It's not much fun playing alone against a team of humans, you are wanting to make it even less fun and encourage the last person to quit?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • thebrazenhead75
    236 posts Member
    edited March 8
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    I’d like to have the ability to call for the AI to pass and shoot removed. I’ve used it to my advantage after my human teammates quit but it really isn’t fair to the other team. When human players set the proper strategies and know properly how to use the AI, it’s a huge advantage! There are even a few well known players and trolls that get players to quit on purpose so they can do this.

They’re AI for a reason. We shouldn’t be able to control them at all.

Also don’t tell me this can’t be done because it can. The “coach” will sometimes leave comments in his feedback saying “You’re making your teammates (AI) look bad because you keep calling for the puck at bad times. I’ve told them to stop listening to you.”

This is a terrible idea. So as the lone human player left after your team quits you want to play and just hope that the AI does the right thing? You have a lot more faith in the AI than most. I mean feel free not to use because you think its unfair but I think it's terrible that you think you should get to decide this for everyone else. It's not much fun playing alone against a team of humans, you are wanting to make it even less fun and encourage the last person to quit?

The last 2 people in a 6’s game a should quit although I wouldn’t knock them negatively for RP.

I started a full 6’s game last night against an actual team of all platinum players. After just a couple of goals my whole team quit except for me an a Dman. I set the AI strategies to how I wanted them to play and then used them to my advantage to win a game I probably wouldn’t have with my former human players.

The opposing team even sent me messages during and after the game talking trash saying I only won because of using the AI to my advantage and I replied “true, but it’s not my fault they quit on me”

The game should’ve ended when my team got down to less than 3 human players as we all signed up for a 6’s game. Playing with so many AI players is even less fun for me and that’s why I haven’t played any offline modes since EASHL was introduced. It also definitely wasn’t fun for the opposing team too as we all know how well some players can play with so many AI players and how good the AI can be sometimes. I proved it in this game as I’ve done so many times before and have played against so many AI players before.

It’s why we play EASHL! To play WITHOUT AI players.

Why do you think that “crazy” well known troll gets humans to quit as soon as possible so he can play with the AI players to rack up his stats. In all my years of playing I’ve never seen him in a league or club game.

Once again I suggest not to punish and maybe even reward the last two players for sticking it out and trying and maybe even reward them.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    So this was my night last night:
    Game 1: game/server disconnect before game start
    Game 2: game froze before start apparently because I tried to adjust my audio settings
    Game 3: yellow decided he was second right wing
    Game 4: yellow decided he was “roamer”, chasing puck all over the ice

Good times
  • I beleive players SHOULD have a teammate grade and when it drops to low they can't play drops unless they play WoC BaP to increase teammate grade. I get this will lower the pool initially BUT.. The pool is so tiny because people get sick of this game BECAUSE of trolls lmao! You will have more people stick with the game and have a bigger pool if SOMETHING is done about it/ about CPU's! However, here is the secret to making drops worth something...

Drops should be "free agent game lobbies" and as mentioned before work similar to rocket league. If a player quits another player can take their place, everyone in this game hates CPU but I swear I play against them more in this game than I do humans and I play a mode that was created (I thought) to have all humans playing.. once loaded in (not sure how hard it would be to implement loading in skaters in an ongoing game) they take the place of guys who quit/ vacant spots. Club leaders can enter these lobbies as "spectators" to watch the free agent games to invite people to clubs. They can send a "contract" which is nothing more than a list of players on that club/ their stats/ uniforms/ maybe give clubs the ability to say what strategies they prefer, time they play, etc. And a player can accept/ reject the contract (club invite) after they exit their free agent games.

People should NOT be allowed to join up in drops imo. If I search with 2-3 friends in 6's drop that may be ok but maybe have it not always put you on the same team. Nobody wants to load into a game down 12-0 against a club of elite players. I think someone in a club should be allowed to play drops but maybe it says his club next to his name so other drop players and club spectators can see which club he is in and can ask to join/ play club together.

I just think we need to push club, get rid of the need for CPU because they are awful for the game, work on getting rid of trolls, increase player pool into one/ two modes.
  • I know EA won’t do this but we need to be able to shame players that troll or quit all the time. A big T for troll and a Q for quitters attached to their name in the lobby.

Also a vote to kick option.

How about this for an out of the box idea?

Everyone starts out with having the preset builds as it is now. Make acquiring traits and specialities ONLY available that actually play well and not just easily give them out as is. You troll and/or quit too often and you lose those traits and specialities.

Then when you finish X amount of games at a certain play level (obviously the coaching systems needs to be redone to do this) and get to say “platinum” level you get to customize your player like the old days.

You troll, quit too many times, you suck, you get a crappy preset build.

You play well, you don’t quit very often, you get to a certain level then you get to customize your players skills and traits the way you want! Even make his overall rating higher than the presets.

That would be a reward that I want and I bet a lot of other players would want.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited March 16
    I know EA won’t do this but we need to be able to shame players that troll or quit all the time. A big T for troll and a Q for quitters attached to their name in the lobby.

Also a vote to kick option.

How about this for an out of the box idea?

Everyone starts out with having the preset builds as it is now. Make acquiring traits and specialities ONLY available that actually play well and not just easily give them out as is. You troll and/or quit too often and you lose those traits and specialities.

Then when you finish X amount of games at a certain play level (obviously the coaching systems needs to be redone to do this) and get to say “platinum” level you get to customize your player like the old days.

You troll, quit too many times, you suck, you get a crappy preset build.

You play well, you don’t quit very often, you get to a certain level then you get to customize your players skills and traits the way you want! Even make his overall rating higher than the presets.

That would be a reward that I want and I bet a lot of other players would want.

Shaming Players: I am not sure if EA would even go for this given their policy about it here. TBH, while it might help the rest of us identify them (not that we could do much about it besides quit out of the lobby) a lot of the trolls would probably wear this as a badge of honour :/

Vote to kick: I understand the appeal but I fear this could too easily be misused/abused. The try hard "club scrubs" who roll into drop ins could use this to kick a goalie (or anyone else) who might be legit trying - even when they themselves are terrible at D and the main cause of the goalie giving up goals (this literally happened in a game I was in last night). I have stated before, I would also hate to be kicked just because I was having an "off game".

Perks based on performance: I understand what you are going for but the issue I potentially see with your suggestion above is that if it is indeed based on performance, it could end up unbalancing the game the same way the old card system did, where the already good players get even more of an advantage. Especially if the overall higher rating item gets implemented.

I am not sure we need a reward for not trolling. Not trolling should be the default expected state. Trolling I would prefer to be addressed in-game, and immediately with a detection and punishment system. Take X number of penalty minutes: gone. Goalie crossing the blue line: gone. Etc.

I do like the idea though of a specialty for not quitting.

Example:
    Specialty: Gut Check: slight boost to offensive trait(s) when trailing the game
    Earned by: Didn't quit X games when trailing (could be more qualifications here, trailing by certain number of minutes or goals?)

• IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    I beleive players SHOULD have a teammate grade and when it drops to low they can't play drops unless they play WoC BaP to increase teammate grade. I get this will lower the pool initially BUT.. The pool is so tiny because people get sick of this game BECAUSE of trolls lmao! You will have more people stick with the game and have a bigger pool if SOMETHING is done about it/ about CPU's! However, here is the secret to making drops worth something...

Drops should be "free agent game lobbies" and as mentioned before work similar to rocket league. If a player quits another player can take their place, everyone in this game hates CPU but I swear I play against them more in this game than I do humans and I play a mode that was created (I thought) to have all humans playing.. once loaded in (not sure how hard it would be to implement loading in skaters in an ongoing game) they take the place of guys who quit/ vacant spots. Club leaders can enter these lobbies as "spectators" to watch the free agent games to invite people to clubs. They can send a "contract" which is nothing more than a list of players on that club/ their stats/ uniforms/ maybe give clubs the ability to say what strategies they prefer, time they play, etc. And a player can accept/ reject the contract (club invite) after they exit their free agent games.

People should NOT be allowed to join up in drops imo. If I search with 2-3 friends in 6's drop that may be ok but maybe have it not always put you on the same team. Nobody wants to load into a game down 12-0 against a club of elite players. I think someone in a club should be allowed to play drops but maybe it says his club next to his name so other drop players and club spectators can see which club he is in and can ask to join/ play club together.

I just think we need to push club, get rid of the need for CPU because they are awful for the game, work on getting rid of trolls, increase player pool into one/ two modes.

I like all your suggestions except the bolded one. At least right now, because I suspect at this stage it would decimate the drop-in population sadly. I understand WHY you would want this though. But ultimately I think it hurts the game. I think it would also be hard to implement. I'd like to think matchmaking could take care of this but if its based on player ranking they would just create smurf accounts to team up so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Game 2: game froze before start apparently because I tried to adjust my audio settings

Good times

Sounds like 90% of my drop-ins too! 🤣
    Good help is hard to find these days
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

Good times

Right? LOL. You on XBox or PS?

Good times

Right? LOL. You on XBox or PS?

Xbox lol
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    My GT is IceLion if you ever want to play with a mediochre-OK defensemen LOL
  • thebrazenhead75
    236 posts Member
    edited March 17
    Here is my first drop in of the night.

Game starts off well and the opposing team was moving the puck very well and scored a good deserved goal to go up 1-0.

We’re all on the mics except for our C. Our C is the one the wastes our only pause right after that. Our C keeps playing with the strategies which is someone distracting. Our C on the second goal against us is nowhere near where he should be and is actually cherry picking at the blue line. One of our Dman makes a comment to our C to “play his position”. This is when our C really starts to troll us. Our C does just enough to not get kicked out of the game by the coach. On the PK with the AI our C keeps calling for the past to either giveaway the puck to the opposing team or to pass/shoot it back into our zone. Our C goes offsides only when we have a great opportunity for a 2 on 1 etc. Our C gets in the way purposely when the LW and I (RW) have a prime scoring opportunity.

This is when a “vote to kick” option should exist. Only down 3-1 early in the 3rd I had enough and decided to quit.

It’s a shame too because the 5 of us (all randoms) were playing well together which is rare to find in a drop in.

I have his username on my “do not play with” list and will shame this player in every lobby I see this loser troll in!

This is why EA needs a vote to kick, rate your teammates and some sort of indicators to determine who the trolls and quitters are that way whenever we see a player like that player who obviously is “wired” and “crazy” we know to drop out of the lobby.
    My GT is IceLion if you ever want to play with a mediochre-OK defensemen LOL

Mine is Floundr, lol

• Everyone starts out with having the preset builds as it is now. Make acquiring traits and specialities ONLY available that actually play well and not just easily give them out as is. You troll and/or quit too often and you lose those traits and specialities.

I have a 1UP for this.

I'd love a Pro Lobby/Game Mode.
    This mode would remove all auto actions, so Auto Back Skate is forced off, Pass Aim Assist is forced to 0 and the auto poke is disabled(force full DSS use).

All player builds would be identical so the game is fully in the hands of the people playing.

I don't care about search time because to me this would be the funnest way to play. =)