EA Forums - Banner

Too late to Unlock Speed Skater

scrubes
14 posts Member
Just curious if I'm basically doomed to slowness if I try to play again. I noticed Speed Skater is locked for me since I basically didn't play in season 2.

Does that mean it's locked forever?

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3202 posts EA Community Manager
    scrubes wrote: »
    Just curious if I'm basically doomed to slowness if I try to play again. I noticed Speed Skater is locked for me since I basically didn't play in season 2.

Does that mean it's locked forever?

You should have a Season 1 catch-up bag. Open that to get the Season 2 items. Let me know if that works for you or not. Thanks!
  • scrubes
    14 posts Member
    Ahh, I never open bags, it's kinda a slow tedious process... Thanks!
  • EA_Aljo
    3202 posts EA Community Manager

I hear ya. I have a ton of them myself I haven't opened, but it should be pretty easy to find the catch-up bags.
  • IceLion68
    1615 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

I hear ya. I have a ton of them myself I haven't opened, but it should be pretty easy to find the catch-up bags.

Not to hijack a thread... but can you disclose if you are aware if the team is doing anything about this unnecessary tedium? It should be a pretty simple affair... I am just going to assume they realize it is an issue...
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4740 posts EA Community Manager
    IceLion68 wrote: »

Not to hijack a thread... but can you disclose if you are aware if the team is doing anything about this unnecessary tedium? It should be a pretty simple affair... I am just going to assume they realize it is an issue...

Have you heard of a lot of others players reporting this? Most players will be caught up on their bags. What do you want changed to make this more user friendly?
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

Have you heard of a lot of others players reporting this? Most players will be caught up on their bags. What do you want changed to make this more user friendly?

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown
  • jrago73 wrote: »

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown
    Or how about Delete All Bags button?
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown

Don't give me bags button?
  • EA_Blueberry

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown

Do you think this could result in accidental deletions where players contact us to restore bags back to them?

If you don't want the bags, what do you want instead? At this point we're discussing an overhaul of the reward system in which if that's what you have in mind, there wouldn't be any point in focusing on a solution for this if it were to be changed in the future.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown

Do you think this could result in accidental deletions where players contact us to restore bags back to them?

If you don't want the bags, what do you want instead? At this point we're discussing an overhaul of the reward system in which if that's what you have in mind, there wouldn't be any point in focusing on a solution for this if it were to be changed in the future.

Put a disclaimer on the screen that’s states something along the lines of if you accidentally delete your bags it’s your fault so don’t contact us to restore them because we won’t. 😝

Otherwise an Open All Bags option.

• j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited April 11

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown

Like @thebrazenhead75 already said, that shouldn't be a problem?
    "Put a disclaimer on the screen that’s states something along the lines of if you accidentally delete your bags it’s your fault so don’t contact us to restore them because we won’t."
    Btw to have an option to delete them all would be just as good option as an option to delete your EASHL team, HUT team etc, You can accidentally delete them too... And you can accidentally quick sell your 1 million worth HUT card for 5000 coins... Users just have to have some responsibility how they use their controllers.

Also @jrago73 's suggestion "Don't give me bags button?" would be very good.
    Personally I couldn't care less about those so called "rewards" as long as they are just aesthetic stuff (especially Fortnite gear) and I don't have any other suggestion for you.
  • IceLion68
    1615 posts Member

I am curious if this is actually backed up by some stats, because almost no one I know who plays this game is ever "caught up".

I almost can't believe you are serious here but I am asking for a "open all bags " option. MANY have asked for this. Here and in the support forums. I have outlined in detail changes to the hockey bags system that would greatly improve its usability in another topic.

• j0rtsu67 wrote: »

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown

How about rewarding those that don’t troll and/or quit a certain amount of games. Also reward those that play well and actually play their position properly. As for those rewards..

Give rewards such as an extra trait (without the negatives) and speciality. Punish the trolls and quitters by taking theirs away.

• EA_Blueberry

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown

Like @thebrazenhead75 already said, that shouldn't be a problem?
    "Put a disclaimer on the screen that’s states something along the lines of if you accidentally delete your bags it’s your fault so don’t contact us to restore them because we won’t."
    Btw to have an option to delete them all would be just as good option as an option to delete your EASHL team, HUT team etc, You can accidentally delete them too... And you can accidentally quick sell your 1 million worth HUT card for 5000 coins... Users just have to have some responsibility how they use their controllers.

Also @jrago73 's suggestion "Don't give me bags button?" would be very good.
    Personally I couldn't care less about those so called "rewards" as long as they are just aesthetic stuff (especially Fortnite gear) and I don't have any other suggestion for you.

While confirmation boxes likely help deter accidental quicksells or mispriced auctions, we still witness plenty of cases daily where players claim they've done it by accident despite warning windows in our games. Players eventually get in a rhythm where they ignore the confirmation boxes because they're confident they're listing it for the correct price on the auction house.

I assure you the team is fully aware of this feedback and we've even seen requests from Game Changers to add it. With new features there could also be technical risks and weighing out those risks to determine whether it's worth investing into for the long haul. We'll let them know it's still on your mind along with other suggestions on how to earn rewards from CHEL that crop up in these forums. I recommend posting on a previously created post for this specific topic though to avoid hijacking OP's thread any further though.
  • IceLion68
    1615 posts Member

How about rewarding those that don’t troll and/or quit a certain amount of games. Also reward those that play well and actually play their position properly. As for those rewards..

Give rewards such as an extra trait (without the negatives) and speciality. Punish the trolls and quitters by taking theirs away.

I actually proposed such a specialty. "Gut check"
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

Open All Bags button
    Mind blown

I hate the custom gear and the boring dropin sweatshirts and the "noisy" atmosphere of those modes.

I would prefer that you let players create uniforms and stadiums etc the same way you do in club. Make it so in the lobby your teammates can see each others design and vote on which to use, go lame sweatshirts if there are no votes.

For the rewards you unlock new uniform options etc like you do in club, but not with bags, you just automate it. "You got xxx experience and jersey 12", done.

Maybe even reward somebody whose designs are used frequently with some unlocks exclusively tied to those results.