EA Forums - Banner

Have EA Devs Completely Given UP On The Game And Their Customers?

Replies

• He keeps coming back to discuss the series.

How does this type of discussion lend itself to a better product? I would argue he keeps coming back to trash the game rather than discuss it.
    I'm done with this broken garbage trash game any way now.
    The trash I'm seeing happening in obviously tilted games is beyond frustrating. Enjoy playing this amateur hour garbage product

• Socair
    2767 posts Game Changer
    Please discuss the game. There’s nothing wrong with someone not having the game or uninstalling it and still being active on the forum...lets leave it at that.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Please discuss the game. There’s nothing wrong with someone not having the game or uninstalling it and still being active on the forum...lets leave it at that.

Never said there was anything wrong with it - I was just posing an honest question.

But I'll leave it alone.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1498 posts Member
    edited April 8
    They've given up on it. Then again, I have too. Just uninstalled this trash heap.

Then why do you come here? Real question. Not trying to start anything.

Because I bought and paid for the game and have just as much right as you do. What kind of question is that, other than purely antagonistic? Why do you come here?
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    They've given up on it. Then again, I have too. Just uninstalled this trash heap.

Ummm... Why should he stop coming here? Is it mandatory to have this game installed before you can come here? Or is it forbidden to post here if you don't play anymore?

I've stopped playing hut ("given up on it") months ago but I still visit hut section regularly, might've even post there sometimes... Well, maybe I shouldn't?

Real question. Not trying to start anything.

I guess giving up on this year’s installment means you can no longer participate in discussions surrounding the game, meta, net year and beyond haha.

Gatekeeping forums always goes well, never “starts anything” LOL.

Yikes. I'm not 'gatekeeping' anything.

I'm genuinely curious why someone who has "given up on the game" comes back here daily to tell us how bad it is.

It just doesn't make sense to me and I'm curious.

If he's like me, you won't see him once MLB the Shows releases (thank God I like baseball and can get away from the awful world of EA Hockey for a while).

Might have to give it a try. Haven't played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr on n64
  • They've given up on it. Then again, I have too. Just uninstalled this trash heap.

Because I bought and paid for the game and have just as much right as you do. What kind of question is that, other than purely antagonistic? Why do you come here?

It was a question posed out of pure curiosity. There was no attack to you, so you can dispense with the 'antagonistic' claim.

I come here to provide feedback backed up with detailed videos which outline precisely what I'm talking about.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »

Ummm... Why should he stop coming here? Is it mandatory to have this game installed before you can come here? Or is it forbidden to post here if you don't play anymore?

I've stopped playing hut ("given up on it") months ago but I still visit hut section regularly, might've even post there sometimes... Well, maybe I shouldn't?

Real question. Not trying to start anything.

I guess giving up on this year’s installment means you can no longer participate in discussions surrounding the game, meta, net year and beyond haha.

Gatekeeping forums always goes well, never “starts anything” LOL.

Yikes. I'm not 'gatekeeping' anything.

I'm genuinely curious why someone who has "given up on the game" comes back here daily to tell us how bad it is.

It just doesn't make sense to me and I'm curious.

If he's like me, you won't see him once MLB the Shows releases (thank God I like baseball and can get away from the awful world of EA Hockey for a while).

Might have to give it a try. Haven't played a baseball game since Ken Griffey Jr on n64

Online vs. humans (if you can call them that) is as toxic as can be. Offline is where it's at. There's been some neglect and some legacy problems, but SDS has claimed they addressed some of the issues. I guess we'll see and see if there are any new problems. Also, stadium creator has been added for next gen and looks like a pretty good tool for Franchise mode.
    I got the Game Pass deal for a $1 and it expires on May 2nd. So, I get to try it out for almost 2 weeks to see if it lives up to the hype. I guess i got lucky for once. But hey, if they deliver, they can have the money.
  • At this point I'm not worried about NHL21, I'd rather EA focus on 22 and make that as good as it can be at launch. Because all signs point to that being next gen, so hopefully that game doesn't suffer a setback in game modes like 15 did.

So did EA give up on NHL? I don't think so, but I'd rather say, they've given up on 21 to focus on 22 and I'm fine with that as long as 22 is as good as it should be.
  • EA_Aljo
    3032 posts EA Community Manager
    At this point I'm not worried about NHL21, I'd rather EA focus on 22 and make that as good as it can be at launch. Because all signs point to that being next gen, so hopefully that game doesn't suffer a setback in game modes like 15 did.

So did EA give up on NHL? I don't think so, but I'd rather say, they've given up on 21 to focus on 22 and I'm fine with that as long as 22 is as good as it should be.

We have absolutely not given up on NHL. In the past, there was a huge amount of community feedback telling us not to update gameplay or tune the game after release because they felt the beta was always the best version.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    At this point I'm not worried about NHL21, I'd rather EA focus on 22 and make that as good as it can be at launch. Because all signs point to that being next gen, so hopefully that game doesn't suffer a setback in game modes like 15 did.

We have absolutely not given up on NHL. In the past, there was a huge amount of community feedback telling us not to update gameplay or tune the game after release because they felt the beta was always the best version.

Maybe, but there are still things wrong with NHL 21 that have been issues for months that still haven't been fixed. The biggest one for me (as a franchise player) is the issue with inaccurate trade values even when fully revealed. I have a player in my team with supposedly 40% on the trade value bar (fully scouted, with A- and A rated scouts) and the CPU keeps telling me that my value is hugely inflated by my scouts. That shouldn't be happening. To be fair, the player is a low 80s rated player with 1 year left on his contract with a $4.75M cap hit.

So when I say trade values need to be fixed, that's what I'm talking about. Things like this take away from the franchise mode experience and the mode is actually pretty solid. So it would be nice to see this addressed since the new game is still probably 5 to 6 months away.
  • EA_Aljo
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Maybe, but there are still things wrong with NHL 21 that have been issues for months that still haven't been fixed. The biggest one for me (as a franchise player) is the issue with inaccurate trade values even when fully revealed. I have a player in my team with supposedly 40% on the trade value bar (fully scouted, with A- and A rated scouts) and the CPU keeps telling me that my value is hugely inflated by my scouts. That shouldn't be happening. To be fair, the player is a low 80s rated player with 1 year left on his contract with a $4.75M cap hit.

So when I say trade values need to be fixed, that's what I'm talking about. Things like this take away from the franchise mode experience and the mode is actually pretty solid. So it would be nice to see this addressed since the new game is still probably 5 to 6 months away.

I was talking about the game as a whole. Unfortunately, I don't have any details on whether or not updates for 21 are still coming. I know the dev team is aware of the bugs that have been reported so hopefully, we'll see those addressed, but most likely that wouldn't be until a future game.
  • kyl_35
    149 posts Member
    Unfortunately, I don't have any details on whether or not updates for 21 are still coming. I know the dev team is aware of the bugs that have been reported so hopefully, we'll see those addressed, but most likely that wouldn't be until a future game.

I think we’re all assuming there won’t be a 1.60 patch. That said, can you (or someone) at EA find out for sure either way?

The entire reason I still own the game is under the faint hope franchise mode will be playable this spring/summer. If I knew for sure that there will be no more patches, then I would be able to take the game to EB for a higher trade-in credit now than in the Fall.

• jrago73
    692 posts Member
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I don't have any details on whether or not updates for 21 are still coming. I know the dev team is aware of the bugs that have been reported so hopefully, we'll see those addressed, but most likely that wouldn't be until a future game.

I think we’re all assuming there won’t be a 1.60 patch. That said, can you (or someone) at EA find out for sure either way?

The entire reason I still own the game is under the faint hope franchise mode will be playable this spring/summer. If I knew for sure that there will be no more patches, then I would be able to take the game to EB for a higher trade-in credit now than in the Fall.

I'd say go get your 4 bucks while you can lol. There has been no indication that a patch is coming and many indicators that its all hands on deck to avoid another disastrous release on the new generation of consoles for nhl22.
  • RSall14
    607 posts Member
    It's April, your kidding yourself if you think they're going to put a meaningful patch out for 21.
  • A roster update wouldn’t hurt.

Other then that, I have no expectations.

(beside an awsome realese of 22!)

People aren't saying never update the gameplay, just not doing it every month. That's an awful interpretation of the community feedback.
  • EA_Aljo

People aren't saying never update the gameplay, just not doing it every month. That's an awful interpretation of the community feedback.

I'm not saying this is the only reason there haven't been gameplay updates and tuners, but community feedback is something the dev team follows and tries to act on. There were several years where we kept hearing how the beta is better and gameplay shouldn't change after launch. Bug fixes are a different issue though. It would be great to see more of them, but it also isn't a simple process. Some things aren't going to be fixed in a patch and will have to wait for a future game.
  • EA_Aljo
    kyl_35 wrote: »

I get the frustration for sure. I wish I had a yes or no answer for you, but that's not the case. If we have anything official to announce, we'll relay that here.

I'm not saying this is the only reason there haven't been gameplay updates and tuners, but community feedback is something the dev team follows and tries to act on. There were several years where we kept hearing how the beta is better and gameplay shouldn't change after launch. Bug fixes are a different issue though. It would be great to see more of them, but it also isn't a simple process. Some things aren't going to be fixed in a patch and will have to wait for a future game.

Really? It’s been at least a couple of years with the majority of EASHL players saying they don’t want the outdoor rinks (bring back the indoor rinks with NHL uniforms too) and they want custom builds back.

Where is EA getting their community feedback? 🧐

Go on any Reddit and/or FB groups. Go play a drop in game and ask other players. Add a poll in game if possible. It’s so obvious that the majority of players want those two things.

That would be listening to the community.
    I'm not saying this is the only reason there haven't been gameplay updates and tuners, but community feedback is something the dev team follows and tries to act on. There were several years where we kept hearing how the beta is better and gameplay shouldn't change after launch.

I don't get it. What does community feedback on the beta vs post-release tuning of previous games have to do with this game?

Unlike say NHL 18 or 19 I don't recall seeing a push to keep things as they were in the beta for NHL 21. If the team is focused primarily on NHL 22 to avoid repeating the fiasco that was NHL 15 then just say so. "We won't tune NHL 21 because people liked the NHL 19 beta better than post-release NHL 19" is a bizarre argument.