EA Forums - Banner

Please fix! Slapping the puck in the defensive zone

2Next

Replies

• COGSx86 wrote: »
    You have to aim the slape shot with the LS when you bring back the RS (the stick)

Try it out in practice mode, we talkin about practice

Pretty sure I confirmed this is the case last night. I wasn't able to capture in replay mode to see the inputs, but I was able to successfully slap it to the corner while behind the net by aiming it.. to the corner.

I feel like an idiot.

I swear we weren't required to aim to the corner in previous years.

Anyway... consider this resolved!

Lol! Good honest answer. 👍

• Yeah it's a great quality in life, being able to admit you are wrong or have done something wrong.

Be honest to yourself and the rest will be just fine 😏🙏
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    We used to be able to use a slapshot to fire the puck around the boards and out of the defensive zone.

Now we get this:

I'm totally with you on this. Once I'm passed the net and skating away from it I can usually slap it out but only in that case and even the I'm puckered up pretty tight until I see the result.

I'm personally a fan of when you're player for no apparent reason whiffs on that slap around the boards as well. It's like he forgets where the puck is. Although I think this is part of the same problem as OP, the player seems to want to direct it at the net
  • EA_Aljo
    3033 posts EA Community Manager
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »
    We used to be able to use a slapshot to fire the puck around the boards and out of the defensive zone.

Now we get this:

I'm totally with you on this. Once I'm passed the net and skating away from it I can usually slap it out but only in that case and even the I'm puckered up pretty tight until I see the result.

I'm personally a fan of when you're player for no apparent reason whiffs on that slap around the boards as well. It's like he forgets where the puck is. Although I think this is part of the same problem as OP, the player seems to want to direct it at the net

I believe this happens when your stick passes through the boards. I've experienced it myself and it's always when I'm too close to the boards.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Now we get this:

I believe this happens when your stick passes through the boards. I've experienced it myself and it's always when I'm too close to the boards.

which is hard to tell, depending on where your camera is set
  • jrago73
    692 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

Now we get this:

Good call, hadn't considered that.
  • COGSx86
    785 posts Member
    edited April 16
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    You have to aim the slape shot with the LS when you bring back the RS (the stick)

Pretty sure I confirmed this is the case last night. I wasn't able to capture in replay mode to see the inputs, but I was able to successfully slap it to the corner while behind the net by aiming it.. to the corner.

I feel like an idiot.

Thats awesome, I hope it helps you out.

Its such a great play, totally transforms the breakout

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »

I feel like an idiot.

Thats awesome, I hope it helps you out.

Its such a great play, totally transforms the breakout

Cogs...yeesh you have to dust off your account, bud? havent seen a post from you in ages