EA Forums - Banner

Why are HUT Rush objectives luck-based rather than skill-based?

Is there a trick to doing the "between the legs one-timer goal" in HUT Rush? I got this objective in this week's HUT Rush, but I can't find any manual way to do it in the game. I have also never, in the time I have played NHL 21, once managed to get the animation required for the objective. This raises the question that is the objective just completely luck-based or is there a trick to help you get the animation and complete the objective?

I realize that this issue is not too important as the objective is not required to be completed to get the rewards but as a perfectionist, I can not let myself leave the objective incompleted. Thank you for reading, I would really appreciate a response.

Replies

• EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    Is there a trick to doing the "between the legs one-timer goal" in HUT Rush? I got this objective in this week's HUT Rush, but I can't find any manual way to do it in the game. I have also never, in the time I have played NHL 21, once managed to get the animation required for the objective. This raises the question that is the objective just completely luck-based or is there a trick to help you get the animation and complete the objective?

I realize that this issue is not too important as the objective is not required to be completed to get the rewards but as a perfectionist, I can not let myself leave the objective incompleted. Thank you for reading, I would really appreciate a response.

This one can be kind of tricky to get down at first. You do it by holding LB/L1 and then clicking down on the right stick and hitting pass. You may want to spend some time in practice mode getting the controls down. Once you get used to it, you shouldn't have a problem pulling it off in game. It's a really useful move for finding an open passing lane where it seems there might not be one.

Also, take a look at the controller settings and go to Offense Controls 2. This move is described there. Good luck! You got this :)
  • > @EA_Aljo said:
    > This one can be kind of tricky to get down at first. You do it by holding LB/L1 and then clicking down on the right stick and hitting pass. You may want to spend some time in practice mode getting the controls down. Once you get used to it, you shouldn't have a problem pulling it off in game. It's a really useful move for finding an open passing lane where it seems there might not be one.
    >
    > Also, take a look at the controller settings and go to Offense Controls 2. This move is described there. Good luck! You got this :)

I think you miss understood me. I know full well how to do the between the legs pass, but what I'm trying to do is the between the legs one-timer. It is the one-timer move introduced in the new NHL 21 game where the player shoots the puck between his legs straight from a pass.

Just to be more clear on what I actually mean, I have provided some links to people actually doing the move in-game:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfQyGKN4zR0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vrSsBF_1os
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2iBT5axB24
  • EA_Aljo
    @MonsterJonni

Sorry about that. I didn't realize it was the one timer you were needing some help with. Just make the between the legs pass and then perform a normal one timer by pressing up on the right stick or using the appropriate button for NHL 94 controls.
  • @EA_Aljo

Do you actually think I am an idiot? Did you even watch those videos? For the last time, I don't want to do the one-timer from a between the legs pass, I want to do a between the legs one-timer.
  • @EA_Aljo

Do you actually think I am an idiot? Did you even watch those videos? For the last time, I don't want to do the one-timer from a between the legs pass, I want to do a between the legs one-timer.
    Why? The objective is get a goal assisted with a between the legs pass.
  • MonsterJonni
    5 posts New member
    edited April 2021
    @xPDogg65x

Oh, is it really? Because I could swear that it says "Score between the legs one timer goals" and not "Score goals assisted by a between the legs pass", but what the heck do I know. I'm apparently just a random idiot on the internet.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Socair
    2815 posts Game Changer
    @MonsterJonni
    Yeah, the between the legs one timer or “Tkachuk” goal is pretty much an animation based on timing/body positioning. Have to try for the shot a bit later than normal, like if you’re a lefty and the pass is coming from the RW and it gets behind you a bit then try a one- t.
    Not a great challenge choice.
  • @Socair

Thank you. I'm just getting fed up with people assuming things and acting like I'm the idiot who doesn't know anything.

I am honestly thankful for your reply and sorry if I may have lashed out a bit. This is just one of the things that actually frustrate me.
  • EA_Aljo
    edited April 2021
    @EA_Aljo

I apologize. It looks like you do actually need to perform a one timer from between the legs. I'm looking into it, but as far as I can tell, this is an animation that occurs under specific conditions. I'll update when I have more details.

Edit: I have confirmed this will automatically happen based on your player's ratings, relative angles and puck speeds.
    Post edited by EA_Aljo on
  • MikeyAU630
    295 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Edit: I have confirmed this will automatically happen based on your player's ratings, relative angles and puck speeds.

So what player ratings, angles and puck speeds do we need to achieve to complete the objective?
  • EA_Aljo
    MikeyAU630 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

So what player ratings, angles and puck speeds do we need to achieve to complete the objective?

It's pretty tough to force this to happen, but here's a video showing it: