EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

• Feels like we can talk about anything in this thread.. Hehe

But regarding manual switching, which now is my thing.. The biggest problem for me.. To get players in the center on the ice.. The once on the sides is one thing but this other's is hard to get a grip on.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

WOW, they didn't really say that, did they? So many complain about their issues and the solution becomes amending the rules and guidelines to keep players from complaining about those issues rather than solving the actual problems. Classic
  • To be honest, I think they are sick and tired of discussing this type of subjects.

Were a part of the community claim one thing and then when EA tryes to tell them their side - the answer is not enough.

Which leaves this to - one person's word against another's - and a never ending circle that just keeps spinning.

I dont think they are afraid of criticism as long as it based on reality.
  • rblaze1988 wrote: »
    Plenty of scripting, patterns of events and cheap player exploits that makes their team AI superhuman by standing around and not controlling their skater making the game compensate and have the AI play miles better...computer gets puck for them they skate down with no effort and score rinse repeat, lag bizarre online play and incompetent network coding and hand holding for players when they are getting dominated. This should not be a competitively ranked online game or e-sport. It’s a fraud.

None of your videos show any of this.
  • EA_Aljo
    3194 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, everyone. Just a quick reminder that DDA discussions are not allowed. We'll leave this thread open for now, but if it continues, we'll have to lock it down.

Yeah that seems about right. Just remember, in most cases immediate and severe defensiveness usually indicates guilt. Strictly from a PR and customer service perspective that's 100% the wrong thing to do, but alas, I get they are tired of discussing it. I get tired of explaining the same things to people in my line of work too. Doesn't mean I can just ban them from asking me about it/talking about it. It is what it is
  • Sega82mega
    4206 posts Member
    edited April 22
    Yeah it is what it is and people can think whatever they like, this is EA's territory, in other words, they are the once that set the rules, if we wanna be a part of this, we have to obey.

"when in Rome, do as the romans do.."

The hard reality.
  • MdMc11
    43 posts Member
    The game is rigged no matter how you look at it. Either it's lag advantage, lag compensation, DDA, Ice Tilt, connection tampering, or just using a combination of these to take advantage of the bad mechanics and controls in this game.

And no I don't have a video and I'm not interested in doing the extra work in order to just be told I'm wrong for seeing what I see anyways. I can already get that by doing nothing, and you can't show video of your controller/control scheme not working correctly anyways.

The PS4/XB1 generation was the WORST thing that could happen to EA games. I'd rather go back to 8-bit games that actually worked according to what you do on your controller than this steaming pile of dumpster juice.

The game isn’t rigged.

Connection issues can play a role, but it’s not like it decides who’s going to win a la pro wrestling.

What are you talking about, wrestling is real.

So is NHL21
  • MdMc11
    43 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Is assistance from the game really necessary?..

Or what would happen then? The game would be to difficult? It would still be the same for everyone. So the less good would play against each other and one of them will still feel good when he beats the other.. Or am I wrong here? 🤔

Myself I hate assistance, I wanna feel it's me - nothing else - thats behind whats happening.

I like this idea, but it most likely would be very frustrating for even the sim community. Do you currently play with your online pass assist at 0%? If not, try it out and that should give you an idea of the effect of assistance. Personally, I think some is good for the game and makes it more fun. In the end, we need a game that is more fun than frustrating while still getting wins/losses based on individual skill.

Honestly, is this game actually more fun or frustrating? It’s fun because it’s the only option, but predictably boring and ultimately frustrating because the element of “fun” coded in is unnecessarily ridiculous. It isn’t fun when you can play anything correctly and be absolutely screwed by doing so, which frustrates the majority of us who are more involved than the casual Christmas Noob.
  • MdMc11
    43 posts Member
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    There was a suggestion that EA should modify online sliders to make the gameplay feel more realistic. Is it a totally impossible thought there would be two or three test periods with different slider sets for few days? And after that gather feedback about it?
    It's an interesting idea, but it would probably be pretty confusing for the very high majority of people playing that don't visit the forums. I'd rather see some sort of community test environment for this.
    Confusing? Please, don't use that as an excuse... Just make a pop up text (you remember BLM?) that informs in the game (no need to visit the forum) what is happening... ;)

And I don't care if it would be a community test or open for everyone, just bring it on.
    "EA_Aljo wrote:
    However, you can also replicate what this would be like in an offline mode by turning off all the assists and setting the difficulty to All-Star.
    Maybe I missed something but how would that replicate "a different slider set"? :confused:
    EDIT:
    When you mentioned "turning off all the assists" I was first confused but I just realized, that I've been reading two different threads simultaneously (not literally...), one with laptop and other with tablet and I was referring to other thread but I think it fits here as well! :D:blush:

And on the other hand, how can I do this with my team mates? My bad though that I didn't mention EASHL in my previous post. If I'm not totally wrong, it's not possible to play team games with custom sliders/settings?

In theory, does it need something more than just a tuner to modify online sliders? Or does it need a patch?

I was talking about playing offline to get an idea of what it's like to have no assists.

As far as confusing people goes, when you have some 90% of the community not on the forums, having the game drastically change is probably not going to be received well. There are people playing in online leagues as well as competing in HUT tournaments. To all of a sudden remove assists and have the game play wildly differently is going to upset a lot of players. Especially when you can see how the game plays without assists in an offline setting where it's not going to interfere with anyone else.

So the better option is to leave things as such in the current state to please people? As it stands now the game is not well received, and the community is(has) been crying out loud for specific gameplay improvements, most of which are relatively minor, but to no avail. Even with drastic changes, the player base will adapt. Give us some credit or the benefit of your doubt rather than the excuse of “yah could improve this or that but nah can’t or won’t because the people playing this game aren’t willing or even capable of learning or enjoying it”
  • EA_Aljo
    3194 posts EA Community Manager
    MdMc11 wrote: »
    There was a suggestion that EA should modify online sliders to make the gameplay feel more realistic. Is it a totally impossible thought there would be two or three test periods with different slider sets for few days? And after that gather feedback about it?
    It's an interesting idea, but it would probably be pretty confusing for the very high majority of people playing that don't visit the forums. I'd rather see some sort of community test environment for this.
    Confusing? Please, don't use that as an excuse... Just make a pop up text (you remember BLM?) that informs in the game (no need to visit the forum) what is happening... ;)

And I don't care if it would be a community test or open for everyone, just bring it on.
    "EA_Aljo wrote:
    However, you can also replicate what this would be like in an offline mode by turning off all the assists and setting the difficulty to All-Star.
    Maybe I missed something but how would that replicate "a different slider set"? :confused:
    EDIT:
    When you mentioned "turning off all the assists" I was first confused but I just realized, that I've been reading two different threads simultaneously (not literally...), one with laptop and other with tablet and I was referring to other thread but I think it fits here as well! :D:blush:

And on the other hand, how can I do this with my team mates? My bad though that I didn't mention EASHL in my previous post. If I'm not totally wrong, it's not possible to play team games with custom sliders/settings?

In theory, does it need something more than just a tuner to modify online sliders? Or does it need a patch?

I was talking about playing offline to get an idea of what it's like to have no assists.

As far as confusing people goes, when you have some 90% of the community not on the forums, having the game drastically change is probably not going to be received well. There are people playing in online leagues as well as competing in HUT tournaments. To all of a sudden remove assists and have the game play wildly differently is going to upset a lot of players. Especially when you can see how the game plays without assists in an offline setting where it's not going to interfere with anyone else.

So the better option is to leave things as such in the current state to please people? As it stands now the game is not well received, and the community is(has) been crying out loud for specific gameplay improvements, most of which are relatively minor, but to no avail. Even with drastic changes, the player base will adapt. Give us some credit or the benefit of your doubt rather than the excuse of “yah could improve this or that but nah can’t or won’t because the people playing this game aren’t willing or even capable of learning or enjoying it”

You already have the option to see how the game plays without any assists. I don't think it's good for the overall community to suddenly remove them all.
  • MdMc11 wrote: »
    Is assistance from the game really necessary?..

Or what would happen then? The game would be to difficult? It would still be the same for everyone. So the less good would play against each other and one of them will still feel good when he beats the other.. Or am I wrong here? 🤔

Myself I hate assistance, I wanna feel it's me - nothing else - thats behind whats happening.

I like this idea, but it most likely would be very frustrating for even the sim community. Do you currently play with your online pass assist at 0%? If not, try it out and that should give you an idea of the effect of assistance. Personally, I think some is good for the game and makes it more fun. In the end, we need a game that is more fun than frustrating while still getting wins/losses based on individual skill.

Honestly, is this game actually more fun or frustrating? It’s fun because it’s the only option, but predictably boring and ultimately frustrating because the element of “fun” coded in is unnecessarily ridiculous. It isn’t fun when you can play anything correctly and be absolutely screwed by doing so, which frustrates the majority of us who are more involved than the casual Christmas Noob.

Hehe Christmas Noob.. You mean the once that still play in the christmas jersey all though it's the middle of june...

Nah.. but yeah I feel much like you, it's pretty predictably. I can't remember being surprise by one singel goal I let in this year.

Then of course I dont blame it all on EA, but there is a way to play this game, that in my opinion dosent seem to take alot of skill to master - and this 'style' seem to be 95% of whats everyone is playing. To face this over and over gets abit boring..

I need a game were I can feel everything is possible, if you just do it right.. I dont require a game were its possible to play exactly like hockey 100% of the time I play, but I would like to feel it's more possible to do so then don't.

21 can absolutely give me some pretty cool moments, no doubt, but I need to have them more often.

Please.

😏
  • MdMc11 wrote: »

"EA_Aljo wrote:
    EDIT:

Yeah I like that too. I wouldn’t be too scared to challenge the player base with drastic changes.

But it might be on it's way.. This year with 21 it's definitely more challenging then before, especially cause of the defensive responsibility you now need to have, it's not the biggest changes, but at least something, maybe they wanna go easy with us and take things slow.

22 will be really interesting - to see what direaction there heading.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Hey, everyone. Just a quick reminder that DDA discussions are not allowed. We'll leave this thread open for now, but if it continues, we'll have to lock it down.

Just adding that people need to dig deeper - IIRC those patents only applied to mobile gaming platforms.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
    Hehe Christmas Noob.. You mean the once that still play in the christmas jersey all though it's the middle of june...

I suspect he means the kids that only get that game at Christmas and in fact do NOT play in June. Of course due to the state of the game this year... *I* was a Christmas noob this year.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • KidShowtime1867
    1839 posts Member
    edited April 23
    twhite1387 wrote: »

Yeah that seems about right. Just remember, in most cases immediate and severe defensiveness usually indicates guilt. Strictly from a PR and customer service perspective that's 100% the wrong thing to do, but alas, I get they are tired of discussing it. I get tired of explaining the same things to people in my line of work too. Doesn't mean I can just ban them from asking me about it/talking about it. It is what it is

It's not that EA is banning people from bringing it up just because people are 'talking' about it - there's a concerted effort from people who live inside echo-chambers like OS and Reddit to keep 'calling out EA' on DDA despite the fact the developers have stated time and time again that this mechanic simply does not exist in their online modes.

If you worked for a company where a disgruntled group of your customers were bringing up baseless claims about a defection in your product within the public sphere, you'd want to take actions to defend yourself such as informing users who continuously and baselessly claim it exists on their very own forum that their posts will be removed.

It doesn't appear these users who claim DDA exists will ever be satisfied with any explanation that runs counter to their beliefs, which is even more reason to stop these threads from developing, IMO.

• twhite1387 wrote: »

It's not that EA is banning people from bringing it up just because people are 'talking' about it - there's a concerted effort from people who live inside echo-chambers like OS and Reddit to keep 'calling out EA' on DDA despite the fact the developers have stated time and time again that this mechanic simply does not exist in their online modes.

If you worked for a company where a disgruntled group of your customers were bringing up baseless claims about a defection in your product within the public sphere, you'd want to take actions to defend yourself such as informing users who continuously and baselessly claim it exists on their very own forum that their posts will be removed.

It doesn't appear these users who claim DDA exists will ever be satisfied with any explanation that runs counter to their beliefs, which is even more reason to stop these threads from developing, IMO.

IMHO, I think banning people is the wrong move. I mean, optically its a horrible look and does nothing to help the company's already less than reputable image.
    I see both sides of the fence...I made a suggestion in another thread about what could possible help the DDA stuff tbh, just make the ranks/icons only visible to you, and nobody else...and make wins +350 RP for wins(450 if your team play was over A-) and losses -350 RP(-250 if your team play was A-). That would go a long way, the standard "flat fee" model

One thing EA does need is competition. Take Golf for example. EA released RMPGAT, they released a halfcocked product, got called out on it, and completely abandoned the title almost within 6 or 7 weeks. They said there wasnt a market for those games, which is why they didnt release anything else...which wasnt the case, it wasnt popular because it was a half hearted afterthought and it showed. Fast forward to now...Well there was a market for it, TGC showed that, and now that 2K is making the the golf games with HB, suddenly EA wants back in the game.
    My point here is I almost expect EA's golf game to be lights out because they will, for the first time, have major competition in a sports game. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a baseball game come down the chute soon either. I digress...point is, EA needs 2K to make a hockey game because the competition ALWAYS brought out the best in EA's NHL team.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

IMHO, I think banning people is the wrong move. I mean, optically its a horrible look and does nothing to help the company's already less than reputable image.
    I see both sides of the fence...I made a suggestion in another thread about what could possible help the DDA stuff tbh, just make the ranks/icons only visible to you, and nobody else...and make wins +350 RP for wins(450 if your team play was over A-) and losses -350 RP(-250 if your team play was A-). That would go a long way, the standard "flat fee" model

One thing EA does need is competition. Take Golf for example. EA released RMPGAT, they released a halfcocked product, got called out on it, and completely abandoned the title almost within 6 or 7 weeks. They said there wasnt a market for those games, which is why they didnt release anything else...which wasnt the case, it wasnt popular because it was a half hearted afterthought and it showed. Fast forward to now...Well there was a market for it, TGC showed that, and now that 2K is making the the golf games with HB, suddenly EA wants back in the game.
    My point here is I almost expect EA's golf game to be lights out because they will, for the first time, have major competition in a sports game. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a baseball game come down the chute soon either. I digress...point is, EA needs 2K to make a hockey game because the competition ALWAYS brought out the best in EA's NHL team.

Like how they took on the challenge of competition in the NBA market? :wink:
  • jrago73 wrote: »

Like how they took on the challenge of competition in the NBA market? :wink:

Lol fair point but EA basketball games have NEVER been good. Their best had always been NHL, Madden, and until they got rid of it, MLB