EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 wishlist.

Replies

• petteri54
    4 posts New member
    - Beijing 2022 Olympic tournament!
    - Realistic arenas to European teams!
    - More arenas because always same "EA Sport Arena"...
    - KHL
    - Make possible to play in empty arenas without spectators (because covid-19)
    - IIHF license to national teams or similar jerseys which was in NHL 2003.
    - Slovenia, Hungary, South Korea national teams
    - Historic national teams! (USA 1980, CCCP 1988, Canada 1987, Finland 1995)
  • fernbusil312
    1 posts New member
    1. that for all teams their goal anthem is
    2. that in the season mode the award ceremony is shown and that the trophies of the leagues are shown and not only the Stanley Cup.
    3. moderator and stadium announcer in all languages
    4. the arenas of all teams are shown exactly like in real life.
    In Fifa NBL and so on it was all made realistic but in NHL unfortunately not, it is a cool game no question but I think it should be more realistic.
  • my wishlist
    old skates
    old gloves
    be able to choose to make players toothless
    add all HHOF players
    more enforcers
    more old and new brands of sticks and skates.
  • I can add a couple ideas.

1. In Franchise Mode, we can either play as the entire team or select/control a particular position. Take it a step further and allow us to control just one specific player throughout the game. I like the feel of BaP, but I also like the GM aspect of everything. Having this option could allow us to focus on a rookie or control certain types of players for whatever reason we like.

2. Contract negotiations needs a serious revamp. It's stale now. Allow the user to offer NMC or hometown discounts, or bonuses... we can already interview coaches and ask contract wants, let us do that for players.

3. Player Evaluation and development is also lacking. I can't remember the last time I saw a rookie go plus anything naturally, only statistically. Or any player for that matter.

4. Crowd noise is the same, game after game. It needs more interaction or a better feel based on game situations.

5. Line Chemistry/Overall team morale. Currently, I'm on a 9-game winning streak in the post season, yet still at a 70 for team morale. How? What team strings together a streak like that in the playoffs with little or below average chemistry? Line Chemistry is badly broken. I've started several Franchises in a row just to notice that chemistry is different each time. Players should develop chemistry over the course of the year or years depending on statistics.
  • Elbows4u
    2 posts New member
    Coaches on the bench need to look like the real coaches, like in Madden.
    Complete historic teams, like '76 Habs, '74 Flyers, '80 Islanders, etc.
    More emphasis on line matchups.
    Make penalty times easier to see during play, not just during stoppage.
    Sponsor logos on euro team uniforms (blur name if licensing is issue).
    KHL.
    Live roster games like MLB The Show.
    Zamboni in between periods.
  • IceLion68
    1615 posts Member
    Elbows4u wrote: »
    Zamboni in between periods.

This is goofy and useless, yet I love it LOL
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Zamboni between periods like 2k was actually one of the more ridiculous features I actually found fun lol. I actually wished they had made it untimed/not a competitive mini game because I genuinely just enjoyed sweeping the ice as a mental break between periods. I used to play on like 8-9 minute periods in that game and get 30-40 shots per team so it was actually a useful mental break!
  • Just copy any paste Fifas online system for drop-ins/eashl (player progression and skills tree) stick flex and skate size.
  • Elbows4u
    2 posts New member
    > @untouchable_BF1 said:
    > Zamboni between periods like 2k was actually one of the more ridiculous features I actually found fun lol. I actually wished they had made it untimed/not a competitive mini game because I genuinely just enjoyed sweeping the ice as a mental break between periods. I used to play on like 8-9 minute periods in that game and get 30-40 shots per team so it was actually a useful mental break!

yep. Relaxing. Maybe at a little vintage arena organ music.
  • I want to see battles. In 2k, players would jostle for position. If you're both racing to the puck, they would try to jump out in front of the others. There is no battle in this game. The net front tie ups don't work 3/4 of the time. You feel helpless as you can not poke check unless it's the perfect poke. You can be "all over" the guy but yet your player is just floating around and the pass will leak through. There is no battle!

Stick lifting in 2k was incredible. The different ways you could strip the puck off the opponent was crazy! if you tried from the side, he'd bump into his opponent and battle to get the puck. If the other guy was blowing by you and you tried to do that, you'd just get bumped out of the way like real life. In this game, it's that one awful animation that doesn't work half the time either. I swear my stick is directly under my opponent's stick and yet it just goes through it and nothing happens. Heck, when you hit a perfect stick lift, the other guy gets it almost every time anyways!
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    Franchise updates: Something came to my mind is arena upgrades. As in what if it was more detailed, as in, updates to jumbotron, sound system, area/building itself. Having the ability to build a NEW ARENA as in Madden! Now that's awesome! Ability to create graphics for new arena for use on jumbotron and around arena. Ability to work the lighting to put on an AWSOME lighting show. Ability to work the sound system, to again create an awesome atmosphere for players and fans alike. Ability to have fans grade the presentation you've created thus the lower the grade the less likely fans will attend and possibly away teams fans will attend more games do to bad atmosphere.

Any/ALL mode: Just in general if your team is doing bad in ANY mode the away fans will dominate the area BECAUSE your team is doing bad. Because that's real life and that happens! Of course the opposite would happen if your team is doing good/great your building will be full with your fans, and more fans will show up while you are on the road.

Even if EA were to use HALF of the fans suggestions, it be a MUCH BETTER game then what comes out every year. I'd like to know though, if/when should we hear something about our ideas being used. Because, I'm interested in knowing what will/won't be used. That and the fact that I will also have to post everything I've stated every year until EA uses the ideas mentioned on this board.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    petteri54 wrote: »
    - KHL

DEFEINTALLY should have a COVID-19 option for ALL modes! Should be able to randomize the option as well as the option to have the ability to effect all season/league(s). Ability to see people behind benches wear masks. ABILITY TO CREATE TEAM MASKS! Ability to allow/trickle in fans when 'pandemic' is over. COVID out breaks SHOULD be real and effect team/city.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    Woops009 wrote: »
    Also every year in the trailer you claim " We listened to the feedback etc...." But actually listen. It will make the game into a hit if you take time and just read or listen to what the community has to say.

YES! 100% agree! If they don't take suggestion(s) why bother posting. That and every year from now on, I'll be reposting my ideas to help them get the point across.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    Woops009 wrote: »
    1# BRInG practice modes to Be a pro. No one wants to get better in a menu, let us improve skills in practice.

2# when people say make the game more realistic, that doesn't mean make skating different. It means make the game FEEL and RUN like a real life NHL game.

3# Bring back winter classic mode and add it to be a pro, where on January 1st your team gets to play in the game. No matter what team you're on

4# Please I beg, listen to the people, cause whenever you don't it kinda makes the game less fun for the crowd.

5# ADD ALL OF THE CURRENT GEAR THAT PPL IN THE NHL USE TO THE GAME.

6# Try and make the game more fun for those guys who mainly play offline modes, cause the ppl who don't get to play online modes, to them the game is VERY VERY bland, you can't base a game entirely off of paying to win.

7# Look at other hit sports games and take notes, they are bringing what people want to those games, and making them enjoyable.

Don' get me wrong I'm a big fan of EA NHL games, but if I'm going to be honest, they need a lot of work for fans to be satisfied with spending 50+ dollars on a game that feels like it's lacking in some places.

I would LOVE to play as the Sabres in both our Winter Classics! Or even have other teams play in other outdoor venues/series.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    petteri54 wrote: »
    - KHL

Or (if possible) just ANY/ALL Olympics! Ability to play as USA vs USSR, or USA vs Finland in the are where the 1980s Olympics happened.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    Ability to rewrite Olympic hockey history, by replaying the USA vs Canada games. Or any history making game in Olympic hockey history.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    A dev team who actually likes the NHL and cares about making the game somewhat replicate the league, its media presentation, and how the game is played on the ice. No more gimmick online modes make the game reflect the NHL!

Add more licenses, National teams, Juniors, USHL, Swedish Juniors, Russia!

A massive improvement to presentation, player faces, no blank silhouettes if you don't have player photos, cut scenes for awards and the draft in Franchise, an actual good Stanley Cup celebration.

Massive improvement to create a team, custom logos, custom leagues like PES does, edit all fake players for Franchise, goalie mask creation

Integrate all leagues into franchise mode, let you play full season in Juniors or Europe in Be a pro,

Gameplay that has no animation clipping, no magic puck movement for the AI, an AI that understands basic positioning and defensive discipline, no tape to tape to tape to tape to tape passing for the AI.

That's where the fans come in. Because we LOVE the game and enjoy it, MORE so then EA while they are basically coping and pasting the series throughout the years.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    Okay so I have a LOT of ideas :

-First roster sharing is the most important thing, it needs to be in cuz it will open so many potential that I will list below

-A more complete create a team customization like mlb the show or nba 2k. Where you can import logos, customize literally everything about the teams uniform, create custom goalie mask that you can apply to any goalie, ect and be able to share them

-being allowed to create additional jerseys for active teams, I know LOTS of jerseys are missing from the NHL would be great to be able to make them and assigned it to a team already in the game

-more customizable player faces (literally every sports games are way more in depth with face creation) and being able to modify current players faces.

-a IIHF licences would be great cuz it would allowed them to add the world junior championship, the world cup, ect and we would have the real countries jerseys and rosters. You could add these tournaments in be a pro and franchise, it would be great.

-A KHL, NCAA, USHL, EIHL licences also would be nice, but I have an alternative if this doesn't work. Why not just add a create a league option where you can basically add all the rules and teams you want and being able to add your custom league into franchise or season mode. NBA 2k has this feature. People could recreate the entire KHL if they want to with the real teams names, logos, jerseys and players and than share it.

-why the heck did they remove the Allstar games weekend and winter classic. Re-add these and for the allstar add a mini skills competion that would be nice and winter classic add them randomly into franchise mode.

-I think I may be the first to suggest this idea but I would like if they add a sorta preset overall option like they have in EASHL but in the player creation menu. Like you could just tell the game I want this player to be 68 overall for example, and based on his player type the game will automatically assigned him all the attributes to make him 68 overall at the end and his attribute will reflect the player type he is. This would save so much time for people creating lots and lots of custom players. And you could of course adjust the attributes after if you want to

-ability to edit every draft class for franchise mode and be a pro and share it

-ability to edit all about a current player from his name, to his birthday, ect and

-instead of putting blank faces for players with no picture just add their game face, like mlb the show does

-more players equipment from the old days

-just copy the morale system from mlb the show, it is perfect. And add a better line chemistry system where players can grow their chemistry by playing with the same player a lot, they could have a better chemistry for example they are coming from the same country, they have complementary playing style(like a playmaker with a sniper) just give the chemistry system more sense to exist instead of being decided randomly or only by the coach playing style.

-Add more player likeness into Franchie mode. Like how a player value money, playing for a winning team, playing close to home, how well does he like the coach, ect. And all these factor will decide of a player wants to resign.

-commissioner mode (or cheat mode) for franchise where you can basically change all you want from changing players ratings, players teams, ect

-more play by play names or add at least an option not to add a play by play name if the name you looking for isn't there

-play by play name for the players first name, not just the last name

-add NHL coaches licence or if it's impossible add us the ability to edit coaching staff for all teams. Like people could create the real ones and share it. Edit their attribute faces and all of that

-Add no-movement or trading clause into Franchise, improve the contract negation in free agency where it's like a mini game trying to offer more than other team.

-more crowd chants, especially during the playoffs or when you team is doing really good. Like go habs go or go leafs go chants. Booing when your team takes a penalty, just more crowd noise

-way better pre game presentation where you see your team leaving your locker room to go in the ice and add national antemn where you could skip if you want and have fans be pump of for the presentation.

-Why the heck did they removed the three stars presentation, add it back

-Way better stanley cup presentation where you can skate with the cup after and actually enjoy every moment of winning the cup

-Way better team celebration after a goal, I mean dear lord it is so bad and always the same thing.

-I didn't even talked about the gameplay yet where it needs so much work. Even a complete overhauled would be good I think, just follow the foot step of what NHL 2k10 has started. This game with continuing developpement would be so awesome by now. Because their bases are so solid and animation so better pulled off than EA.

I'm sure I have lots more ideas but for now thats what I was thinking from the top of my head. This game needs so much love

LOVE the commissioner mode/idea! GREAT add and details. The ability to skate and raise the Cup in ANY mode would be appreciative too!
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    I want see next things in NHL 22 game:
    - CREATE TEAM (offline)
    - More vintage logos - for example next logos:
    obo4l6dyfjlx.png
    s8umo76rlgqw.png
    bs0vlp1ft9br.png
    q38zpxgauyb5.png
    sbke3toshc5d.png
    98tjjd6m81hv.png
    j0mi75tfpzrv.png

- Possibility using AHL logos in create a team
    - Possibility using NHL reverse retro jerseys in create a team
    - More arena base architectures - for example all NHL arenas and arena architectures from EASHL - for
    example "small community rink"...
    - Possibility write team name to jersey like on NY Rangers. If this coming possible in next NHL game,
    whether the possibility use cyrillic alphabets .

- CREATE PLAYER
    - skater- and goalie equipment's which have remove to NHL 21.
    - retro equipment for retro equipment's for skaters and goalie - for example :
    rwezlqr97dxy.jpg

- CREATE PLAYER & TEAM
    - More cities - for example: From Russia (Vladivostok, Sochi and Yekarinburg) , Oslo (Norway) , Riga
    (Latvia) , Seoul (S-Korea) , Shenzhen (China)
    - Possibility write city name self if not found on game. This was possible last time PS3 NHL -games
    - Possibility using letters like Ä,Å,Ö, Ø,Æ, Š and Á ...

- OTHERS
    - Possibility create own goalie mask design
    - Opportunity to play a match on neutral venue - for example Tampa Bay Lightning vs Vegas Golden
    Knights in MSG . This is possible in Madden and FIFA.
    - Custom Music

ALUMNI PLAYERS

- More alumni player from late 90's or early 2000's (Paul Kariya, Dominik Hasek, Scott Stevens , Rob
    Niedermayer, Sami Kapanen, Arturs Irbe , Miikka Kiprusoff and Tomas Vokoun ) or could you create era
    alumi teams like 80's Edmonton Oilers or 90's Anaheim
    - Jaromir Jagr, Bobby Hul andl Pavel Datsyuk back to game
    - Could you remove current players like Mikael Granlund, Juuse Saros and Nino Niederreiter from alumni
    teams and replace them legends than Mikko Koivu , Tomas Vokoun and Marian Gaborik

The neutral venues would/will be great if there is a COVID pandemic option in all modes.
  • CWC922
    50 posts Member
    Mr_VoM wrote: »
    Franchise mode :

- The ability to create an alternate jersey, no matter what team you have in the attempt to gain more revenues for the team

- Modify the trade values with negative value. Like a bar with red far left. To get rid of a guy with low overall and high salary, you will have to include a first round pick with him. Something like that.

- Add the 10% over the salary cap autorized rule for the off season.

- Fix the contracts when the max salary for rookies goes from 975k to 1M. There is a glitch that all RFA or non drafted UFA is asking for 1.2M one way contract which is absurd.

- Fix the contracts players are asking. I understand a young RFA is asking for more cash for longer contracts but I don't for 30 years oldish players. The longer the deal less cash he should ask cause we all know they will decline eventually. Kinda how it works in real life.

- Add no trade clauses/partial no move clauses

- Compensation in trades. 2nd transfer to a 1st if they resign the player of they goes to the final.

- Add protections on traded picks

Create a player/Edit player :

- Add the ability to decide how a created player is behaving during simulation. (Pass/Shoot) As of right now every players are shooters first. 300 to 400 shots by seasons. No matter if they are defenseman, playmaker, ect.

- Add the same slider in edit player for current players. Some Two-Way forwards or Power Forwards are more passers than shooters.

- Unlock height and weight in edit player. Alot of players are wrong.

Jerseys

- Fix Philadelphia current home and away jerseys. Been wrong for years now

- Fix Tampa Bay Lightnings current home and away jerseys.

Gameplay :

- Add one time slap pass/dump.

YES TO ALL THAT!