EA Forums - Banner

HUT population

Replies

• amxblade
    211 posts Member
    Unsportsmanlike? Sure I'd agree.

Some would also argue that so is exploiting poor programming like the cross crease one timer, so...........there's that.
  • @MikeyAU630

The latest response on that post implied they are aware of these concerns. There hasn't been any official mention by the team on making changes around ragging. What is possible though, that through other game design changes or additions, a side effect could result in seeing it less. We've had plenty of discussions on this in these forums throughout the year, including great suggestions. Even the development team and Game Changers have spitballed ideas on how to reduce it.

The ragging makes the game NOT FUN. I've bought the NHL games every year since 2010 (and some years in the 90s and early 2000s). I won't be purchasing NHL 22 if ragging is not addressed. I have no desire to dump another $60 on something that just isn't fun anymore.
  • quartermaine28
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

What goals are glitches exactly? Everything can be defended.

Nice try.

Goals like this are glitches (by your own admission).

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/271381/video-proof-that-this-game-is-broken#latest

Cross crease goal, the most common goal in the game. The goal that the person you replied to called out specifically. THAT goal is glitched. Undeniable video proof in that thread, along with a refusal by EA to commit to fixing it.

Not everything can be defended by one human player when CPU players of the highest rating glitch out. We can't control all five players at once.
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager

What goals are glitches exactly? Everything can be defended.

Nice try.

Goals like this are glitches (by your own admission).

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/271381/video-proof-that-this-game-is-broken#latest

Cross crease goal, the most common goal in the game. The goal that the person you replied to called out specifically. THAT goal is glitched. Undeniable video proof in that thread, along with a refusal by EA to commit to fixing it.

Not everything can be defended by one human player when CPU players of the highest rating glitch out. We can't control all five players at once.

The tie-up was the issue. Not the goal itself. So, again, I'll ask what goals are scored due to a bug or glitch that makes them impossible to defend?
  • amxblade
    211 posts Member
    I would say that only going for cross crease one timers EVERY play is equivalent to ragging the puck. I played a guy tonight with every top player you can get in the game and guess what he did every single time. Even with me right in the lane, they get through 90% of the time and go in at that rate as well.

So if you want to call it unsportsmanlike to rag, then you better inude the cross crease in there as well. I won't get into it in here as this isn't the right post for it (see the post with OVER 60 pages of people complaining about the cross crease).

I literally have zero faith in EA at this point.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    amxblade wrote: »
    I would say that only going for cross crease one timers EVERY play is equivalent to ragging the puck. I played a guy tonight with every top player you can get in the game and guess what he did every single time. Even with me right in the lane, they get through 90% of the time and go in at that rate as well.

So if you want to call it unsportsmanlike to rag, then you better inude the cross crease in there as well. I won't get into it in here as this isn't the right post for it (see the post with OVER 60 pages of people complaining about the cross crease).

I literally have zero faith in EA at this point.

I always go for cross-crease first to test my opponent. If they can stop it I know how to adjust to a better player from there. Cross-crease goals are still successful at higher ranked games, but not as easy to pull off. They will adjust their strategies and player control on the ice. I remember being completely shut down from the cross-crease early on, then at some point I had a clear opportunity but they switched to the goalie and stopped it themselves. At that point I knew the game was over. GG.
  • RockDokRock
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    Has everyone finally had enough of this game or what. I can barely find games to play anymore. Seems like the game population has plummeted in recent weeks.

I mean I play MLB The Show more at this point because, well it's a better game, and this is coming from someone who's a die hard hockey fan.

I love the irony of this thread.

I tried online for a bit last week. New to the game. Opponents were toxic as **** as I got the full celebration treatment and once they realised I was crap just the full skill "I am so much better than you" show.

Also people "I CaN't UnDeRsTaNd WhY nObOdY iS pLaYiNg OnLiNe"... gee. No idea. I mean, can't think of a single reason.

Seriously, sell it to me, lol.

Needless to say i don't bother. Enjoy your toxic play. One less opponent to worry about. Just not worth it. I have enough time for SB or some online play. I'll stick to SB thanks.

- DR
  • EA_Aljo
    Has everyone finally had enough of this game or what. I can barely find games to play anymore. Seems like the game population has plummeted in recent weeks.

I mean I play MLB The Show more at this point because, well it's a better game, and this is coming from someone who's a die hard hockey fan.

I tried online for a bit last week. New to the game. Opponents were toxic as **** as I got the full celebration treatment and once they realised I was crap just the full skill "I am so much better than you" show.

Also people "I CaN't UnDeRsTaNd WhY nObOdY iS pLaYiNg OnLiNe"... gee. No idea. I mean, can't think of a single reason.

Needless to say i don't bother. Enjoy your toxic play. One less opponent to worry about. Just not worth it. I have enough time for SB or some online play. I'll stick to SB thanks.

- DR

I haven't had any problems finding opponents, but I'm rarely dealing with toxic players. At least, in the sense that I'm not getting messages or going up against a lot of trolls and griefers. However, I minimize contact with strangers in HUT. I normally will block someone until the game is over so I avoid any midgame messages they may want to throw my way. Once the game is over, I unblock them and send a GG message. Every online game is going to have its share of toxic players. That's just the nature of competitive gaming. You'll find these players everywhere. Rather than quit playing, I minimize my interaction with them.

If a higher-skilled player is taking advantage of a lower-skilled one, I'm not really seeing an issue with that. I wouldn't expect them to get a comfortable lead and sit back just waiting for the game to end. There's also the goals milestone that many are trying to accomplish. What I would have a problem with is someone griefing and playing in a manner just to tick off their opponent. Even still, I control how much I let that bother me and it's just not worth getting upset over. Online play for highly competitive games kinda requires a thicker skin. In my case, that skin has built up quite a bit over the years and online gaming is a big part of that.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member

- DR

Online play for highly competitive games kinda requires a thicker skin. In my case, that skin has built up quite a bit over the years and online gaming is a big part of that.

I can relate to that.

As a young 20 year old sports dude - I did take winning or losing much harder.

I still not like to loose - especially to 'toxic' players. But im much better to keep myself in balance.

It's not the whoooole world to loose one game in a video game.
  • EA_Aljo
    Sega82mega wrote: »

- DR

Online play for highly competitive games kinda requires a thicker skin. In my case, that skin has built up quite a bit over the years and online gaming is a big part of that.

I can relate to that.

I still not like to loose - especially to 'toxic' players. But im much better to keep myself in balance.

Yes. Losing or winning really isn't going to change your life. Unless you're an eSports athlete where your career is dependent on winning. Then, obviously, they matter more. It's really disappointing to lose, but my mental state is far better for getting over it quickly and moving on.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member

- DR

I can relate to that.

Yes. Losing or winning really isn't going to change your life. Unless you're an eSports athlete where your career is dependent on winning. Then, obviously, they matter more. It's really disappointing to lose, but my mental state is far better for getting over it quickly and moving on.

Yup it's forgotten the next minute you load up next game.

So an importen advice can be to take a break if it's not your night.

It's that 'thirst' to feel happy/winning that can turn against you - If you don't recognize the signs in good time.

No one plays good upset and angry - and one win will probebly not turn everything around.

Play wise.
  • EA_Aljo

- DR

I can relate to that.

It's that 'thirst' to feel happy/winning that can turn against you - If you don't recognize the signs in good time.

No one plays good upset and angry - and one win will probebly not turn everything around.

Play wise.

Most definitely it's not good to play when upset and angry. I'll have my feathers ruffled pretty bad when on a losing streak. Every time I tell myself just one more game, I know I need a break. I hate to end a gaming session on a loss, but sometimes it has to happen. Taking a break and coming back refreshed often makes a big difference.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member

- DR

I can relate to that.

Play wise.

Most definitely it's not good to play when upset and angry. I'll have my feathers ruffled pretty bad when on a losing streak. Every time I tell myself just one more game, I know I need a break. I hate to end a gaming session on a loss, but sometimes it has to happen. Taking a break and coming back refreshed often makes a big difference.

Sounds much like me.

HUT drives me more insane - thats why I only play onlineVS these days - for now, at least.

The more you can win - or loose, the more feelings you invest.

On good and bad.

Ofc.
  • EA_Aljo

- DR

I can relate to that.

Play wise.

Sounds much like me.

HUT drives me more insane - thats why I only play onlineVS these days - for now, at least.

On good and bad.

Ofc.

Online Versus is definitely less stressful. It's a nice break from the intensity of HUT, but that edge of your seat play is also kind of addicting. HUT is tough. It's a higher level of competition and I like the challenge it presents. My own play gets better because of it.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member

- DR

I can relate to that.

Play wise.

Sounds much like me.

On good and bad.

Ofc.

Online Versus is definitely less stressful. It's a nice break from the intensity of HUT, but that edge of your seat play is also kind of addicting. HUT is tough. It's a higher level of competition and I like the challenge it presents. My own play gets better because of it.

I do agree.

HUT is more like the main attraction on the tivoli - the one everyone is looking at - and wanna go with.

But right now I rather kick back in the ferris wheel - cause I dont like the feeling I get from HUT.

But I will give it a new shot - in 22, see what comes out of that. 😏
  • EA_Aljo

- DR

I can relate to that.

Play wise.

Sounds much like me.

On good and bad.

Ofc.

I do agree.

HUT is more like the main attraction on the tivoli - the one everyone is looking at - and wanna go with.

But right now I rather kick back in the ferris wheel - cause I dont like the feeling I get from HUT.

I don't blame you one bit. I usually take a break from HUT when we get several weeks out from the new game being released. Helps me go into the next one with a clean slate mentality.

Do you ever play EASHL? That's been my favorite mode since it was introduced. There's nothing like hitting the ice with your best buds. Win or lose, it's most always a good time with us.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited June 2021

- DR

I can relate to that.

Play wise.

Sounds much like me.

On good and bad.

Ofc.

I do agree.

I don't blame you one bit. I usually take a break from HUT when we get several weeks out from the new game being released. Helps me go into the next one with a clean slate mentality.

Do you ever play EASHL? That's been my favorite mode since it was introduced. There's nothing like hitting the ice with your best buds. Win or lose, it's most always a good time with us.

Not directly. Been doing some drop-ins, but that was mainly in 20.

Never really giving it a try.

I have no 'NHL friends' , the friends I have made is more or less you guys I meet here.

But it would be cool to gear up one day with you guys I talk to hear. To see what happen. But I bealive you when you say it's fun. Nice way to hang out.

But I live on the other side of the earth - that may be a problem, both with the ping and ofc time table.
  • EA_Aljo

- DR

I can relate to that.

Play wise.

Sounds much like me.

On good and bad.

Ofc.

I do agree.

I have no 'NHL friends' , the friends I have made is more or less you guys I meet here.

But it would be cool to gear up one day with you guys I talk to hear. To see what happen. But I bealive you when you say it's fun. Nice way to hang out.

But I live on the other side of the earth - that may be a problem, both with the ping and ofc time table.

Yes. Your location can make it tough with connections and times, but it's quite possible there are some players in your region. You might want to see if there are any leagues. There are quite a few of them in North America, but I don't know about the rest of the world. The guys I play with regularly are ones I met in drop-ins when EASHL was first introduced. I also play in a competitive league and have met some great people I can regularly play with from it. Drop-ins should put you with other players in your region so hopefully, you'll find some good people to regularly play with :)
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member

- DR

I can relate to that.

Play wise.

Sounds much like me.

On good and bad.

Ofc.

I do agree.

Yes. Your location can make it tough with connections and times, but it's quite possible there are some players in your region. You might want to see if there are any leagues. There are quite a few of them in North America, but I don't know about the rest of the world. The guys I play with regularly are ones I met in drop-ins when EASHL was first introduced. I also play in a competitive league and have met some great people I can regularly play with from it. Drop-ins should put you with other players in your region so hopefully, you'll find some good people to regularly play with :)

Yes sir - you often get what you search for - as long as it's not about love.. 🙄😏

I havent been so active searching for guys to play with.

I like the feeling to be able to create your own hockey in 1vs1 - where you can control every move with the puck.

But at the same time - there's nothing more satisfied feeling to play your own role good - in a team that very much think and play hockey like yourself do.
  • I guess it’s all perspective. I am rock bottom ability wise and just get trashed every game. i have yet to score a goal in online play in fact. I’m not very good. I’m ok with that.

What bugs me is people can clearly see I’m not very good and just go out of their way to make it suck as much as possible. Do I really need to see the 6th celebration? Do you really need to constantly use higher end skill moves to rub in just how much I suck? No, not really. So not much incentive to bother.

SB is ok. Seem to finish Pro 1 and could probably get Elite 3 if I played all my games (I suspect this more due to lack of people playing mode than my ability).

Game seems ok. Just have zero desire for online experience. Seems pretty pointless until I’m a lot better. Having said that, there is no need to be a total **** if you are miles better than someone else. you’re better, I get that. I don’t need you to rub it in every minute.

- DR