EA Forums - Banner

Glitch scoring/cross one 1timer bought stacked teams

124Next

Replies

  • KidShowtime1867
    1721 posts Member
    edited June 8
    They unfortunately were greeted with “git gud, you’re wrong” due to using the word “glitch” and that’s just not what a forum should be about.


    Nobody ever ONCE said "git gud, you're wrong".

    This forum should be about getting to the bottom of complaints and providing feedback. Not coddling users who just create posts claiming every cross-crease goal is a glitch without providing any video evidence of this glitch whatsoever.

    When a user comes in claiming people resort to GLITCHES to get goals and wins, I'm going to call it out every single time. I don't care what you think I'm supposed to infer from the word glitch and I don't care that everyone weaves a tapestry of hyperbole that I'm just supposed to buy in to and understand.

    If someone says GLITCH, I'm going to rebut based on the definition of the word, not what you think it should be.

    And nobody said "git gud" and nobody said OP was "wrong". We simply pointed out that goals from high % scoring areas aren't glitches and some of you lost your minds and decided to white knight this thread and turn it into "OP is a victim of bullying" which he wasn't.... at all.
    It’s almost like a certain pattern of gliding combined with aiming at a certain spot of the net results in a very favorable dice roll, outcome, whatever you want to call it. It’s almost like you could say this is “programmed” because I don’t think these algorithms are AI-generated/included in frostbite lol, so they must be “set” or “programmed” no?

    it's almost like getting in to position with open ice, taking time to control and settle the puck while also picking a spot to aim results in success.

    Man, who would've thought?

    LMAO who flags this as spam?
    Post edited by KidShowtime1867 on
  • EpiCxOwNeD
    636 posts Member
    edited June 8
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Call it a glitch goal, an exploit, cheese or whatever the next term for it will be at this point people are just sick and tired of every year there being a few guaranteed ways of putting the puck in the net and you can call it bad programming or whatever you want, but there should never be a way to score 100% of your shots from a particular area or a move that destroys the goalie every time.
    There are literally zero guaranteed ways to score. If there are, then why don't you prove it to all of us by getting to #1 on OVP/HUT? I mean.. if you are aware of guaranteed ways to score this should be easy for you and anyone else who knows this magic.

    I stopped playing HUT and Versus. They’re just bad. If I wanted to be the #1 in a game, it wouldn’t be this game. I’d try a game like rocket league where skill and teammate work reign supreme and there’s no exploits or terrible Ai. The guaranteed goals happen on every penalty shot and breakaway.
    If you want to call it bad programming of the goalies. It’s not doing this series any favor. Programming goalies every year to let in specific goals year and year our frustrates players.

    Goalies aren't programmed to let certain goals in.

    To me it seems likes goalies are programmed to let goals in each year. For example the one tuck went in every time for what two or three years in a row? Once they nerfed it it’s not used. They programmed it to go in an absurd amount because it was used as a selling point for NHL 18 as it was one of the new things they added.
    If there’s a penalty shot in whatever mode you play against an online opponent, they will score using the breakaway “glitch” where you come in on your off wing and hold the puck out to your forehand and shoot top shelf from the side you came from. Remember NHL 20 where you crash into the boards and skate to the opposite net on a penalty shot for the easiest goal in the world? Yeah, it’s both bad programming and an exploit and players are tired of it.
    Do you realize that the only online mode where you take a penalty shot against a CPU goalie is in EASHL when you're playing with CPU goalies?

    Yes I am well aware of EASHL is the only mode where there are CPU goalies for penalty shots. It’s funny. Why doesn’t the goalie become the player who caused the penalty shot? Something fans have asking for.
    Also - the NHL 20 'crash into the boards' goal is a perfect example of how people think the game works a certain way when it doesn't. You never needed to 'crash into the boards' it was just a silly movement everyone thought you had to do in order to 'activate' the glitch which is so freakin' absurd and hilarious at the same time.

    The crashing into the boards shows where the series is at. In real life the play would have been blown dead. Also added a comical aspect of a joke that was. But EA doesn’t know the rules just like how they don’t know putting the puck into your own end while an opposing player tags up to be onside negates the offside. They don’t know that rule.
    It’s both boring and frustrating to play when people just want to exploit. But can you blame them? It’s the devs fault for at times forcing players to play a particular style to win.
    Absolutely wrong. The reason why the current meta exists is because, in my estimation, 60-70% of the player base are deficient in their ability to defend the rush and slow down opponent speed in the neutral zone.

    The absolute fact the word “Meta” in a sport game is beyond ridiculous. The devs should have no input on a meta. What the devs should do is a make a hockey game first and foremost and the let the games natural skill gap develop. Look at Rocket League. They made a soccer game with cars stood back and watch as the skill grew in the community. When a developer tries too much to influence a skill gap, it can be unhealthy for the game and lead to bad balance as you see in the NHL series
    The developers aren't forcing players to use the cross crease. The players who chase the puck carrier, swap player controls frantically (and then claim it's broken) and subsequently pull players out of their positions are the ones enabling the cross-crease to be so successful.

    The developers are absolutely forcing players to use the cross crease. Where’s the incentive to try to shoot from the point for tips and deflections when the puck physics are terrible. It’s exciting for a puck to not really go anywhere after hitting a stick like it should. When work for a goal when you can force a pass through players to a no skilled one timer? Considering the fact that one timers aren’t manual and the lower passing skill since coming Xbox One and PS4 with the curls in the corner make it a boring game to play. Even when we win it’s sometimes boring have to relay on cheese like this to win. Making defensive skating slower doesn’t increase responsibly, it furthers the balance between offense and defense
    It's no coincidence that NHL 21 introduced more responsibility to actively defend properly and this is the year the cross-crease exploded.

    It’s also no coincidence cross creases went up when they nerfed defensive interceptions
    And that’s what it comes down to, a win. Curl in the corner till the “glitch” area opens up and shoot for an easy goal because you know the goalie isn’t gonna stop it.
    If you let a player get time and space in a prime area of the slot and they score, it's not a glitch at all.

    I want you to show us a video of this 'glitch' so we can show you why it's not a 'glitch'.

    No one tries to give a player time and space in a prime area to get shots. If you do it kinda defeats the purpose of playing defense.
    I play 6s in EASHL majority of the time its rare to find opposing teams that like to mimic and or attempt to play real hockey. Most of the time it’s the same boring curl and curl and curl.


    [quote{If teams are constantly making their way in to the slot and scoring 'curl' goals on you - that's on you.

    Teams curl because it works without true repercussions. Also when you’re down a goal and need to pressure and a player won’t come out of the corner till you go near them.
    Between the bad programming, lack of decent physics, EA forcing a particular way to play and win
    Again, it's the current meta on defense driving that 'particular way'. There could be better tools on defense to prevent the cross-crease from being such an attractive play to make, but at the end of the day it's still defendable and it's up to you to stop it from happening.

    I never said it wasn’t defendable. But it is a lot harder to stop the obvious pass compared to how easy cross creases are to pull off.
    misused word “glitch” instead of addressing the fact exploits are ruining the game and series people rather argue over a word.

    At this point, if you can't understand why the distinction in this word is important, you're not paying attention.

    I know the distinction between glitch and exploit. I also know what people refer to as glitch goals when they’re not glitches.
    And since I’ve been playing NHL for many years anytime I’ve seen the word “glitch” used, I don’t ridicule that person because I know what they meant by it. Arguing about a misused used word does nothing instead of addressing the issues that plagues this game and series. To be honest, if you’ve been playing this series for a while, you know what the word glitch means in this game and the intentions of it. Many things wrong with the series and the word glitch sets off a powder keg.
    Nobody ridiculed anyone. Can we stop it with the victimhood around here?

    If you come here and claim something is a glitch, and we point out that it's not a 'glitch' as the word is defined - you can get out of here with your claim we 'ridiculed' anyone. A glitch is a glitch. OP is complaining about goals going in from high % scoring areas. These are not the same thing. It was a simple distinction that needed to be made and trying to paint someone as a victim of being ridiculed based on that is absolute hogwash.

    It’s not victim hood. It’s just how a word that’s misused gets throw around when another word would fit better to match the description of what players are talking about.
    Post edited by EpiCxOwNeD on
  • Greyinsi
    129 posts Member
    Glitch/exploit, same thing to me. Most of the forum posters does not even have english as native language.
  • Sega82mega
    3776 posts Member
    edited June 8
    Greyinsi wrote: »
    Glitch/exploit, same thing to me. Most of the forum posters does not even have english as native language.

    And thats why - it's good to keep them separate - the diffren concept.

    Especially if you don't show videos of what you mean.

    But of course - when people complain about 'glitch goals' I know to 99% it's not a glitch.

    It's a cheese goal thats easy to do and relatively hard to defend.

    I dont care if it's a glitch/exploit/cheese and whatever - but I understand it's quite importen difference for the developers.
    So if you not just wanna discuss frustration about the game and really point out a glitch with the game - you better show what you mean.

    *I would care if the game was full of glitch goals.

    I care more over the things that makes it possible to score more or less the same over and over again - I would really appreciate if it could be more variety - not just regarding goals - more or less - everything.

    I barley see any 'new plays/set ups' these days - thats abit boring.
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Teams curl because it works without true repercussions. Also when you’re down a goal and need to pressure and a player won’t come out of the corner till you go near them.

    There are repercussions if you're playing against a competent team. I will agree - based on the way a majority play defense - there are no repercussions.


    I never said it wasn’t defendable. But it is a lot harder to stop the obvious pass compared to how easy cross creases are to pull off.

    I agree with this. I've always been a proponent of more defensive tools and better interactions.
    I know the distinction between glitch and exploit. I also know what people refer to as glitch goals when they’re not glitches.

    And they would be wrong. A goal scored from a high% scoring area is not a glitch, yet somehow we're just expected to accept the conflation.
    It’s not victim hood. It’s just how a word that’s misused gets throw around when another word would fit better to match the description of what players are talking about.

    It is victimhood when I am accused of bullying someone just because I pointed out that the term used as defined does not match the intention.

    What is bullying? Trying to paint everything someone says that might be critical or outside the realm of this forums' hyperbole as 'bullying' or antagonizing. People report my posts because they don't agree with what I say and then go to the mods and complain I'm "not contributing". My argument is that I'm allowed to point out where someone might be mistaken and I've worked hard at making sure my posts aren't argumentative but I cannot control when someone makes a conscious decision to be offended by something I say, which seems to happen a lot due to the victimhood mentality some adopt after being told they just might be wrong about a game mechanic.
  • Sega82mega
    3776 posts Member
    edited June 8
    You are really good at arguing kid - which of course can lead to alot of frustration when you fight for your right.(.. aaaand it happen to benefit EA's 'side')

    But this is not your fault - ofc, im just sayin.

    Keep doing what you do - all the rest too!

    😏
  • EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    EpiCxOwNeD wrote: »
    Call it a glitch goal, an exploit, cheese or whatever the next term for it will be at this point people are just sick and tired of every year there being a few guaranteed ways of putting the puck in the net and you can call it bad programming or whatever you want, but there should never be a way to score 100% of your shots from a particular area or a move that destroys the goalie every time.
    There are literally zero guaranteed ways to score. If there are, then why don't you prove it to all of us by getting to #1 on OVP/HUT? I mean.. if you are aware of guaranteed ways to score this should be easy for you and anyone else who knows this magic.

    I stopped playing HUT and Versus. They’re just bad. If I wanted to be the #1 in a game, it wouldn’t be this game. I’d try a game like rocket league where skill and teammate work reign supreme and there’s no exploits or terrible Ai. The guaranteed goals happen on every penalty shot and breakaway.
    If you want to call it bad programming of the goalies. It’s not doing this series any favor. Programming goalies every year to let in specific goals year and year our frustrates players.

    Goalies aren't programmed to let certain goals in.

    To me it seems likes goalies are programmed to let goals in each year. For example the one tuck went in every time for what two or three years in a row? Once they nerfed it it’s not used. They programmed it to go in an absurd amount because it was used as a selling point for NHL 18 as it was one of the new things they added.
    If there’s a penalty shot in whatever mode you play against an online opponent, they will score using the breakaway “glitch” where you come in on your off wing and hold the puck out to your forehand and shoot top shelf from the side you came from. Remember NHL 20 where you crash into the boards and skate to the opposite net on a penalty shot for the easiest goal in the world? Yeah, it’s both bad programming and an exploit and players are tired of it.
    Do you realize that the only online mode where you take a penalty shot against a CPU goalie is in EASHL when you're playing with CPU goalies?

    Yes I am well aware of EASHL is the only mode where there are CPU goalies for penalty shots. It’s funny. Why doesn’t the goalie become the player who caused the penalty shot? Something fans have asking for.
    Also - the NHL 20 'crash into the boards' goal is a perfect example of how people think the game works a certain way when it doesn't. You never needed to 'crash into the boards' it was just a silly movement everyone thought you had to do in order to 'activate' the glitch which is so freakin' absurd and hilarious at the same time.

    The crashing into the boards shows where the series is at. In real life the play would have been blown dead. Also added a comical aspect of a joke that was. But EA doesn’t know the rules just like how they don’t know putting the puck into your own end while an opposing player tags up to be onside negates the offside. They don’t know that rule.
    It’s both boring and frustrating to play when people just want to exploit. But can you blame them? It’s the devs fault for at times forcing players to play a particular style to win.
    Absolutely wrong. The reason why the current meta exists is because, in my estimation, 60-70% of the player base are deficient in their ability to defend the rush and slow down opponent speed in the neutral zone.

    The absolute fact the word “Meta” in a sport game is beyond ridiculous. The devs should have no input on a meta. What the devs should do is a make a hockey game first and foremost and the let the games natural skill gap develop. Look at Rocket League. They made a soccer game with cars stood back and watch as the skill grew in the community. When a developer tries too much to influence a skill gap, it can be unhealthy for the game and lead to bad balance as you see in the NHL series
    The developers aren't forcing players to use the cross crease. The players who chase the puck carrier, swap player controls frantically (and then claim it's broken) and subsequently pull players out of their positions are the ones enabling the cross-crease to be so successful.

    The developers are absolutely forcing players to use the cross crease. Where’s the incentive to try to shoot from the point for tips and deflections when the puck physics are terrible. It’s exciting for a puck to not really go anywhere after hitting a stick like it should. When work for a goal when you can force a pass through players to a no skilled one timer? Considering the fact that one timers aren’t manual and the lower passing skill since coming Xbox One and PS4 with the curls in the corner make it a boring game to play. Even when we win it’s sometimes boring have to relay on cheese like this to win. Making defensive skating slower doesn’t increase responsibly, it furthers the balance between offense and defense
    It's no coincidence that NHL 21 introduced more responsibility to actively defend properly and this is the year the cross-crease exploded.

    It’s also no coincidence cross creases went up when they nerfed defensive interceptions
    And that’s what it comes down to, a win. Curl in the corner till the “glitch” area opens up and shoot for an easy goal because you know the goalie isn’t gonna stop it.
    If you let a player get time and space in a prime area of the slot and they score, it's not a glitch at all.

    I want you to show us a video of this 'glitch' so we can show you why it's not a 'glitch'.

    No one tries to give a player time and space in a prime area to get shots. If you do it kinda defeats the purpose of playing defense.
    I play 6s in EASHL majority of the time its rare to find opposing teams that like to mimic and or attempt to play real hockey. Most of the time it’s the same boring curl and curl and curl.


    [quote{If teams are constantly making their way in to the slot and scoring 'curl' goals on you - that's on you.

    Teams curl because it works without true repercussions. Also when you’re down a goal and need to pressure and a player won’t come out of the corner till you go near them.
    Between the bad programming, lack of decent physics, EA forcing a particular way to play and win
    Again, it's the current meta on defense driving that 'particular way'. There could be better tools on defense to prevent the cross-crease from being such an attractive play to make, but at the end of the day it's still defendable and it's up to you to stop it from happening.

    I never said it wasn’t defendable. But it is a lot harder to stop the obvious pass compared to how easy cross creases are to pull off.
    misused word “glitch” instead of addressing the fact exploits are ruining the game and series people rather argue over a word.

    At this point, if you can't understand why the distinction in this word is important, you're not paying attention.

    I know the distinction between glitch and exploit. I also know what people refer to as glitch goals when they’re not glitches.
    And since I’ve been playing NHL for many years anytime I’ve seen the word “glitch” used, I don’t ridicule that person because I know what they meant by it. Arguing about a misused used word does nothing instead of addressing the issues that plagues this game and series. To be honest, if you’ve been playing this series for a while, you know what the word glitch means in this game and the intentions of it. Many things wrong with the series and the word glitch sets off a powder keg.
    Nobody ridiculed anyone. Can we stop it with the victimhood around here?

    If you come here and claim something is a glitch, and we point out that it's not a 'glitch' as the word is defined - you can get out of here with your claim we 'ridiculed' anyone. A glitch is a glitch. OP is complaining about goals going in from high % scoring areas. These are not the same thing. It was a simple distinction that needed to be made and trying to paint someone as a victim of being ridiculed based on that is absolute hogwash.

    It’s not victim hood. It’s just how a word that’s misused gets throw around when another word would fit better to match the description of what players are talking about.

    Another great response from someone wanting to discuss ideas on a forum rather than grade a forum post for vocabulary use and punctuation. It’s terribly easy to read a post that conflates “glitch” with “high percentage shot” and actually discuss the idea/topic of the post. Thank you.
    Greyinsi wrote: »
    Glitch/exploit, same thing to me. Most of the forum posters does not even have english as native language.

    This is also a great point. Why it’s important to discuss the actual ideas behind a post so that we can discuss gameplay rather than attending a language course.

    Everyone wants to make the game better. It’s easier to do that when the forums are about discussing the gameplay rather than looking for things to “call out” or “gotcha” people. It’s exhausting.
  • IceLion68
    1563 posts Member
    This is ridiculous.

    Once again

    To give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess (?) some people here think they are being instructive when they point out that when someone uses the term "glitch goal" that they are "technically" incorrect and what they really should say is "exploit".

    "Glitch goal", when used in the context where intention is implied, is *well-known* to mean an exploit rather than a true dictionary definition "glitch". Everyone - EVERYONE - here understands that a glitch goal means an exploit. There is no evidence here that anyone believes otherwise. Yet some people here pretend to not know this in order to... I am not even sure why. But it is - once again - the very definition of pedantic:
    Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedantic

    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

  • Another great response from someone wanting to discuss ideas on a forum rather than grade a forum post for vocabulary use and punctuation.

    Please. Stop. Attacking. Me.

    I have provided COUNTLESS pieces of ACTUAL evidence of issues in this game. I've spent many hours providing feedback and insight in to my experiences with the game and how others can benefit.

    All I did was point out these goals aren't glitches (and they aren't) and all people in this thread wanted to do was straight up attack me and call me a bully because I'm "just supposed to know" what people mean when they say glitches but don't actually mean glitches.

    My goodness.. I just can't. Not anymore. I'm sick of being attacked for pointing things out. It's clear many of you don't want to 'discuss' anything, you just want to be told you're right.

    I'm out. Peace.


  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous.

    Once again

    To give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess (?) some people here think they are being instructive when they point out that when someone uses the term "glitch goal" that they are "technically" incorrect and what they really should say is "exploit".

    "Glitch goal", when used in the context where intention is implied, is *well-known* to mean an exploit rather than a true dictionary definition "glitch". Everyone - EVERYONE - here understands that a glitch goal means an exploit. There is no evidence here that anyone believes otherwise. Yet some people here pretend to not know this in order to... I am not even sure why. But it is - once again - the very definition of pedantic:
    Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedantic

    So we're supposed to agree to the definition of pedantic but not glitch?

    I love that this is the last post I'll see on these forums.
  • IceLion68
    1563 posts Member
    Another great response from someone wanting to discuss ideas on a forum rather than grade a forum post for vocabulary use and punctuation. It’s terribly easy to read a post that conflates “glitch” with “high percentage shot” and actually discuss the idea/topic of the post. Thank you.
    Right? And yet here we are.
    Everyone wants to make the game better. It’s easier to do that when the forums are about discussing the gameplay rather than looking for things to “call out” or “gotcha” people. It’s exhausting.

    Agreed. Some people are here it seems to simply discredit and ridicule/browbeat people over trivialities
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Sega82mega
    3776 posts Member
    Feels like we ended up on a blind alley.

    No where to go without doing wrong - for both sides.

    Not so fun discussion to follow nor to participate.

    My own personal opinion.

  • IceLion68
    1563 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    This is ridiculous.

    Once again

    To give them the benefit of the doubt, I guess (?) some people here think they are being instructive when they point out that when someone uses the term "glitch goal" that they are "technically" incorrect and what they really should say is "exploit".

    "Glitch goal", when used in the context where intention is implied, is *well-known* to mean an exploit rather than a true dictionary definition "glitch". Everyone - EVERYONE - here understands that a glitch goal means an exploit. There is no evidence here that anyone believes otherwise. Yet some people here pretend to not know this in order to... I am not even sure why. But it is - once again - the very definition of pedantic:
    Pedantic is an insulting word used to describe someone who annoys others by correcting small errors, caring too much about minor details, or emphasizing their own expertise especially in some narrow or boring subject matter.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pedantic

    So we're supposed to agree to the definition of pedantic but not glitch?

    I love that this is the last post I'll see on these forums.

    It's very telling that out of what i said, this is what you choose focus on without addressing the core idea of my statement.

    Dude I don't give a sweet flying buttercup what you you agree to.

    I am saying that when everyone knows that a glitch goal means an exploit - driving the distinction into the ground for no other reason than your own edification is torpedoing what could have been a productive discussion. Instead you use it as a battering ram to further your agenda that nothing anyone sees in the game that you don't agree with actually even exists.

    And stop playing the victim card - you are inviting the criticism upon yourself. It's disgusting that you see yourself as a victim in this while calling out others for claiming victimhood
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • "I'm tired of seeing this glitch goal every game!"

    "Glitch has a very particular meaning that doesn't really apply here. In the future it would be better to call it an exploit. That said, let's discuss the goal and see if it's a problem or not."

    Why is this so hard?
  • Sega82mega
    3776 posts Member

    Another great response from someone wanting to discuss ideas on a forum rather than grade a forum post for vocabulary use and punctuation.

    Please. Stop. Attacking. Me.



    My goodness.. I just can't. Not anymore. I'm sick of being attacked for pointing things out. It's clear many of you don't want to 'discuss' anything, you just want to be told you're right.

    I'm out. Peace.


    Would be really sad if you left. You contribute both to this community regarding topic's to discuss and to the developers to make us a better game.

    But of course you do whats best for you.

    Take a break - you know where to find us.

    I dooo count on you to 22! 😜
  • IceLion68
    1563 posts Member
    edited June 8

    Another great response from someone wanting to discuss ideas on a forum rather than grade a forum post for vocabulary use and punctuation.

    Please. Stop. Attacking. Me.

    I have provided COUNTLESS pieces of ACTUAL evidence of issues in this game. I've spent many hours providing feedback and insight in to my experiences with the game and how others can benefit.

    All I did was point out these goals aren't glitches (and they aren't) and all people in this thread wanted to do was straight up attack me and call me a bully because I'm "just supposed to know" what people mean when they say glitches but don't actually mean glitches.

    My goodness.. I just can't. Not anymore. I'm sick of being attacked for pointing things out. It's clear many of you don't want to 'discuss' anything, you just want to be told you're right.

    I'm out. Peace.


    I can't even with the irony of this post. Are you literally claiming you don't know what a "glitch goal" is?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    1563 posts Member
    "I'm tired of seeing this glitch goal every game!"

    "Glitch has a very particular meaning that doesn't really apply here. In the future it would be better to call it an exploit. That said, let's discuss the goal and see if it's a problem or not."

    Why is this so hard?

    How long do you have....
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • "I'm tired of seeing this glitch goal every game!"

    "Glitch has a very particular meaning that doesn't really apply here. In the future it would be better to call it an exploit. That said, let's discuss the goal and see if it's a problem or not."

    Why is this so hard?

    Great post. I am still wanting to discuss the blatant discrepancy between the 2 types of shots we know work and every single other shot you can take. There’s such an imbalance there and it makes the meta stale. Just watching the Beaver Lodge Hockey League (BLHL - NHL 15 old-gen GMC league on Twitch) you can see how different the meta is. People take point shots, tip shots, some first shots go in, one-timers go in, but there’s also a ton of those plays that I’ve seen both score and saves in a way I haven’t seen in this generation by default.

    I had my issues with TPS and old-gen, don’t get me wrong, but the goal variety and uncertainty of goal vs save on some of the higher percentage plays is easily more exciting to watch than current gen default.
  • EA_Aljo
    3020 posts EA Community Manager
    Hey, everyone. We hate to do this, but this thread has gotten off-topic and there's been some personal attacking going on. There was a warning at one point, but since it has continued, we have to shut it down. Threads need to remain on-topic and free of personal attacks.

    We absolutely understand the term "glitch goal" is used to describe goals many would call "cheese". However, misuse of this term can lead to confusion within the community. A glitch is a feature that isn't working as it should be. The goals people are calling glitches are working as intended. They are high percentage shots. That doesn't mean they won't receive updates in the future to better balance them. That's a different conversation that we won't get into here. Regardless, these terms should be kept in mind as the proper use of them not only helps us understand the issue(s) being reported, but helps keep confusion down about what is actually a glitch.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!