EA Forums - Banner

thx EA for the fun but can't stand your game anymore

Prev1
Stephlefan6AX
287 posts Member
edited June 9
hockey is my favorites game,the game i spent the most time on console.i,M a big fan of hockey.
the gameplay was perfect; the way we can score many goals with one-timer,cross crease,etc.
i cant stand for many reason and its not because i'm bad at the game. i did top 10 few times cause i was lucky enough in SB and finished div 3 in rivals.i did have a pretty good team 97 ovr and it was fun to improve it.

the biggest problem is the rng ; the random number generator in game is so high that every play can change the momentum or advantage to one side. thus can change completely the game and give victory to one side.

i'm getting tired playing right now cause i have many gold collectibles and can't use them to craft a set of master card. Your stanley cup event is the worst of the season cause you take bad decisions; cards overall starting too low, wee need to use collectibles stanley cup playoffs to make a set for a master card...you are kidding, better ask us to stop playing your game instead. thats what many players did anyway cause we rarely play someone in our division in rivals.

the cpu ragging is what make me stop Squad battle too and the rng is getting on my nerves.

the grinding for week 1 to this week for the best result as possible every weeks on SB and rivals was so exhausting. hut rush also make too much grinding in this game if you want to do the max for free stuff.not to says the hut rush at the end with first to score 4 or 5 goals was really stupid from your part when the max was 3 all the year before.

i did noticed also that your game make me so mad and angry by moments in every game that i can play many other games without that.

Over this game, 5 used controllers broken and 2 brand new.

Buying your game every years for a max of 12 months life its what is going to take me away for another 15 years from your product again.

i still want to thank's for the fun i had in ealier months but the last 2 months was more of a waiting for expectation that never comes

Post edited by Stephlefan6AX on

Replies

• I totally feel you on this. It was fun in the beginning now it feels like a chore. The gameplay that you talked about is spot on. SB feels like a game of keep away then hockey. The difference in AI intellegence between my team and the SB team is night and day yet they refuse to address it. Instead of listening to the huge amount of people who say it's there, they are adamantly refusing to acknoledge it. I mean c'mon seriously? As a company, you don't even need to address it. Just patch it quielty in an update and that's it.

As for the cards. The master sets are not really master sets. They just have more synergies. What is the point of master sets when there are higher rated Primetimes and TOW coming out. Also the cost. So let me understand this correctly. I need to do 40 challenges then give about 600K in collectables so I can get someone I can buy for between 600K to 800K (and the price is dropping fast) I am sure by the time they release the rest of the 20 challenges the price in the AH will probably be even less than that since more 98's are coming out.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager
    hockey is my favorites game,the game i spent the most time on console.i,M a big fan of hockey.
    the gameplay was perfect; the way we can score many goals with one-timer,cross crease,etc.
    i cant stand for many reason and its not because i'm bad at the game. i did top 10 few times cause i was lucky enough in SB and finished div 3 in rivals.i did have a pretty good team 97 ovr and it was fun to improve it.

the biggest problem is the rng ; the random number generator in game is so high that every play can change the momentum or advantage to one side. thus can change completely the game and give victory to one side.

i'm getting tired playing right now cause i have many gold collectibles and can't use them to craft a set of master card. Your stanley cup event is the worst of the season cause you take bad decisions; cards overall starting too low, wee need to use collectibles stanley cup playoffs to make a set for a master card...you are kidding, better ask us to stop playing your game instead. thats what many players did anyway cause we rarely play someone in our division in rivals.

the cpu ragging is what make me stop Squad battle too and the rng is getting on my nerves.

the grinding for week 1 to this week for the best result as possible every weeks on SB and rivals was so exhausting. hut rush also make too much grinding in this game if you want to do the max for free stuff.not to says the hut rush at the end with first to score 4 or 5 goals was really stupid from your part when the max was 3 all the year before.

i did noticed also that your game make me so mad and angry by moments in every game that i can play many other games without that.

Buying your game every years for a max of 12 months life its what is going to take me away for another 15 years from your product again.

i still want to thank's for the fun i had in ealier months but the last 2 months was more of a waiting for expectation that never comes

I'm really sorry to hear you've decided to move on from the game. Hopefully, things change in the future and we can welcome you back to the locker room.

As far as your issues go, there is no momentum so there's no way to give one side a boost over the other. While RNG plays a role to an extent, your own personal skill is going to make a bigger difference.

You stand a better chance at getting someone in your division if you don't let the search run for too long. If there are no opponents in about 20 seconds, cancel the search and start over. It may take longer to find an opponent, but they will be in or closer to your division this way.

The CPU ragging annoys me as well. In many cases I just back my team off and let them start to break out and enter the neutral zone. Then I'll go back to pressuring the carrier.

HUT Rush can be finished in a few hours. You have a couple weeks to do it so it's something I chip away at and complete before the new one starts. I don't think it's a bad trade-off for the number of rewards you get.

Thanks for playing and hope to see you again in the future. Take care.
  • "i did noticed also that your game make me so mad and angry by moments in every game that i can play many other games without that."

This is so spot on. It is also the reason why I will move on from the EA NHL series soon. I have a god squad 99 99 96 and my AI players are stupid. I know how to adjust my in game strategies and play a decent style, but its of no use. It has made me go into rage moods, and it's not good for my health or my wallet ... 3 controllers broken via contact with a wall in my apartment since October. Does not happen with any of my other non EA games. 😎
  • Stephlefan6AX
    287 posts Member
    edited June 9
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

As far as your issues go, there is no momentum so there's no way to give one side a boost over the other. While RNG plays a role to an extent, your own personal skill is going to make a bigger difference.

team momentum exist in real hockey,i only use that word for that purpose.i don't say there is a momentum that was create in the nhl21 and just referring to momentum in general in sport and i'm not talking about tilt,DDA or boost,its just a RNG(random Number generated) related and nothing fraudulent.
    Post edited by Stephlefan6AX on
  • EA_Aljo

team momentum exist in real hockey,i only use that word for that purpose,i'm not talking about tilt,DDA or boost,its just a RNG(random Number generated) related and nothing fraudulent.

There are no momentum mechanics built into the game. The only momentum would be the rate at which your players are moving.
  • amxblade
    211 posts Member

team momentum exist in real hockey,i only use that word for that purpose,i'm not talking about tilt,DDA or boost,its just a RNG(random Number generated) related and nothing fraudulent.

There are no momentum mechanics built into the game. The only momentum would be the rate at which your players are moving.

I would honestly disagree with this statement and believe EA is keeping info from you Aljo.

For example, ever notice if you have one player who scores, he seems to get on a hot streak a la NBA Jams and for some reason its easier to score goals 2 and 3 with that same player? Don't believe me try it.

Also I've played games where after scoring once late in the game, it's like my team is in God mode and I'll rush down the ice and score a soft one right off the faceoff because of..... Momentum. It exists whether EA will admit it or not. Hey maybe they don't realize it and their AI has become too smart...... But I doubt that.
  • EA_Aljo
    @amxblade

This is treading into ice tilt territory so I'm only going to say this one more time. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever that boosts one side over the other. Just because you score multiple goals with one player or a late game goal, it doesn't mean this was forced to happen by some game mechanic.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    @amxblade

This is treading into ice tilt territory so I'm only going to say this one more time. There is absolutely nothing whatsoever that boosts one side over the other. Just because you score multiple goals with one player or a late game goal, it doesn't mean this was forced to happen by some game mechanic.

Well if you win a fight it definitely boosts your team, because all your lines get full energy that's a boost that other team isn't getting if they lose the fight.
  • EA_Aljo
    @amxblade

Well if you win a fight it definitely boosts your team, because all your lines get full energy that's a boost that other team isn't getting if they lose the fight.

That's a lot different than what was previously described. Yes. Your energy is reset, but that's based on winning a fight. It's not forcing goals multiple goals by the same player or late-game goals.
    @amxblade

That's a lot different than what was previously described. Yes. Your energy is reset, but that's based on winning a fight. It's not forcing goals multiple goals by the same player or late-game goals.

No your right it doesn't, but it shows that you can boost your team over the other team if you want to, which then can factor in for scoring more goals with full energy lines over the other team who doesn't have full energy lines, in theory you should be able to score easier then. I've seen what he's saying on lower settings like rookie or pro, but not on superstar if anything I see the opposite and the last minute of the period I find the opposing team AI can sometimes go into god mode as he likes to put it and I used that term as well when playing and witnessing it. I could be up say 9-2 in the 3rd and all of a sudden the last minute the opposing AI team will be very hard to check, but for the last 19 mins of the 3rd they haven't played like that all, but all of a sudden magically the last minute of the period they're playing at a higher level then they did all period which makes no sense, that's something I've noticed since 20.
  • EA_Aljo
    @ChuckNorrisCup16

An AI team will fight harder when they are down. They'll take more chances and shift focus to offense. Much like a real team would. This is still a lot different than what was being suggested.
    @ChuckNorrisCup16

An AI team will fight harder when they are down. They'll take more chances and shift focus to offense. Much like a real team would. This is still a lot different than what was being suggested.

Understandable, but I would expect that logic to be used for them for the whole 3rd period while their down instead of just the last minute of the 3rd instead. But yeah sorry don't mean to disrail the thread I'll step out now.
  • EA_Aljo
    @ChuckNorrisCup16

Understandable, but I would expect that logic to be used for them for the whole 3rd period while their down instead of just the last minute of the 3rd instead. But yeah sorry don't mean to disrail the thread I'll step out now.

It's not just the last minute. I don't have the exact time, but I've noticed it happening in the last half of the 3rd.
  • jimmo52
    96 posts Member
    I totally feel you. Before 2-3 months ago, it was really fun. I was defending well, scoring pretty goals, making nice hits, collecting cards, everything that you want from a NHL game.
    Now that everyone knows about the super short side goal with high overall cards, the game is not fun anymore. It became a chores to defend against those, should have been low scoring chance, super high scoring chance super short side. You make a very little mistake of giving space on those super short side and it goes in almost every time. Now, you absolutely must always stay close to the puck carrier and must absolutely poke or hit the carrier or it will go in... which is unthinkable realistically.
    So, I think I will quit this game, for my mental health, because it is way too frustrating to defend against these stupid goals.
  • Sega82mega
    4240 posts Member
    edited June 12
    jimmo52 wrote: »
    I totally feel you. Before 2-3 months ago, it was really fun. I was defending well, scoring pretty goals, making nice hits, collecting cards, everything that you want from a NHL game.
    Now that everyone knows about the super short side goal with high overall cards, the game is not fun anymore. It became a chores to defend against those, should have been low scoring chance, super high scoring chance super short side. You make a very little mistake of giving space on those super short side and it goes in almost every time. Now, you absolutely must always stay close to the puck carrier and must absolutely poke or hit the carrier or it will go in... which is unthinkable realistically.
    So, I think I will quit this game, for my mental health, because it is way too frustrating to defend against these stupid goals.

HUT is much more complicated to keep in order.

Unfortunately.

Thats why onlineVS is best in my opinion.

*not as stressful too.
  • jimmo52
    96 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Unfortunately.

*not as stressful too.

I agree, but there is no server for Versus... :disappointed:
    I don't like the fact that some players or yourself can make the game super laggy.
  • Sega82mega
    4240 posts Member
    edited June 13

Unfortunately.

*not as stressful too.

I agree, but there is no server for Versus... :disappointed:
    I don't like the fact that some players or yourself can make the game super laggy.

Yeah it's definitely a rollercoaster. But I think its worth it - cause sometimes it even click better - and/or the totally opposite - where the lag is just awful.

Dedicated servers are more reliable - but even then - it's not worth the 'HUT feeling'. Too competitive, too painful. Im a sook this year - I pass out for the hockey experience onlineVS give me.

*And make sure you don't play too much - easy to get stuck with nhl - take a cool break
  • Sega82mega
    4240 posts Member
    As for Stephlefan6AX - sad to hear I hope you keep posting now and then.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

hey Sega, i didn't play a single game this weekend. i don't feel buying a game every year that have a 9 months life is something i want to waste in my life so i'm definitively done. hope the game is improving to your liking next year
  • Sega82mega
    4240 posts Member

hey Sega, i didn't play a single game this weekend. i don't feel buying a game every year that have a 9 months life is something i want to waste in my life so i'm definitively done. hope the game is improving to your liking next year

If thats how you feel - your doing the right thing.

I hope you don't forget the good times too. All tough it can get too much sometimes.

Perhaps you will jump on some edition further ahead in the future - so I see you then. 😊