EA Forums - Banner

Is the game playing us instead??

Replies

• I need to restart this topic because I want to know why things just keep happening even though certain people say none of it exists.

I want to know why this game is tilted against me in so many ways even though I have maximized by internet connection to the fullest since I have no other internet options.

I want to know why this game is so tilted against me while other NON-EA games don't seem to suffer anything like this. My daughter can also back up my claims with all of the games that she plays online. She has no problems, and coincidentally doesn't play any EA games (she's smarter than me obviously)

I also want to know why nobody at EA takes any of the problems seriously or tries to do anything to remedy the problems (please refer to ALL of this thread and many others like it for clarification)

It's just really frustrating to watch your team play like pylons all the time while your opponent is flying all over the place destroying everything. Strategies DO NOT matter here either. It's ridiculous how much time I waste hoping the game will just work one day like it used to. Nope...doesn't happen.

Play offline and watch your AI teammates on perfect connection, they’re completely lost. If you don’t play exactly where they think you’re going to be, they start “covering” for you who then in-turn “cover” for each other and usually one ends up staring into the crowd in the corner. I assume lag only adds to this issue for you.

I’ve learned this the hard way and that is that there’s zero possible ways to make your AI play even consistently “ok”. No matter the strategies, no matter the pressure levels, they will make egregious blunders time and time again. The same ones we saw 7-10 years ago are the same ones that still exist. It’s maddening because on old games like NHL Hitz Pro, you know the AI isn’t perfect, you know what exploits them, but you also know what you’re getting and can compensate. In this game, you have zero idea of when a breakdown will happen. Everything will be fine, you’ll have a 2-on-4, then all of a sudden one pass turns into a breakaway lol. They are so inconsistent and incompetent that it really is impossible to play or read them if you understand the sport of hockey.

I’ve come to the realization that the majority of their good plays and positioning is purely accidental. They can’t handle playing with a human. They are very ok opponent when it’s a team of CPU’s but throw one user in there and all of a sudden they go from “respectable with sliders” to “babysit the wandering kids” mode and not only are the useless with their positioning but are actually detrimental which is the worst part. 75% of the time, if they had just statically collapsed and stood still, they’d have made an objectively much better play than their “decision.”
  • I need to restart this topic because I want to know why things just keep happening even though certain people say none of it exists.

I want to know why this game is tilted against me in so many ways even though I have maximized by internet connection to the fullest since I have no other internet options.

I want to know why this game is so tilted against me while other NON-EA games don't seem to suffer anything like this. My daughter can also back up my claims with all of the games that she plays online. She has no problems, and coincidentally doesn't play any EA games (she's smarter than me obviously)

I also want to know why nobody at EA takes any of the problems seriously or tries to do anything to remedy the problems (please refer to ALL of this thread and many others like it for clarification)

It's just really frustrating to watch your team play like pylons all the time while your opponent is flying all over the place destroying everything. Strategies DO NOT matter here either. It's ridiculous how much time I waste hoping the game will just work one day like it used to. Nope...doesn't happen.

Play offline and watch your AI teammates on perfect connection, they’re completely lost. If you don’t play exactly where they think you’re going to be, they start “covering” for you who then in-turn “cover” for each other and usually one ends up staring into the crowd in the corner. I assume lag only adds to this issue for you.

I’ve learned this the hard way and that is that there’s zero possible ways to make your AI play even consistently “ok”. No matter the strategies, no matter the pressure levels, they will make egregious blunders time and time again. The same ones we saw 7-10 years ago are the same ones that still exist. It’s maddening because on old games like NHL Hitz Pro, you know the AI isn’t perfect, you know what exploits them, but you also know what you’re getting and can compensate. In this game, you have zero idea of when a breakdown will happen. Everything will be fine, you’ll have a 2-on-4, then all of a sudden one pass turns into a breakaway lol. They are so inconsistent and incompetent that it really is impossible to play or read them if you understand the sport of hockey.

I’ve come to the realization that the majority of their good plays and positioning is purely accidental. They can’t handle playing with a human. They are very ok opponent when it’s a team of CPU’s but throw one user in there and all of a sudden they go from “respectable with sliders” to “babysit the wandering kids” mode and not only are the useless with their positioning but are actually detrimental which is the worst part. 75% of the time, if they had just statically collapsed and stood still, they’d have made an objectively much better play than their “decision.”

The million dollar question though is why does this happen to me while it doesn't appear that my opponents NEVER have this issue. Their players are all Johnny-on-the-spot no matter what the situation, and I can't get my players to even pay attention to the play no matter the strategy settings. EA has a lot of adjustments to either the game, or..........(pause)...........demand more of your internet partners in order that your geographically-disadvantaged players can get at least close to the same experience playing this game that the rest of the "top players" get....and yes I am insinuating that the top players are ONLY that because of their advantageous connection to the servers and/or locations. I said it, now prove me wrong.
  • EA_Aljo
    3217 posts EA Community Manager
    I need to restart this topic because I want to know why things just keep happening even though certain people say none of it exists.

The million dollar question though is why does this happen to me while it doesn't appear that my opponents NEVER have this issue. Their players are all Johnny-on-the-spot no matter what the situation, and I can't get my players to even pay attention to the play no matter the strategy settings. EA has a lot of adjustments to either the game, or..........(pause)...........demand more of your internet partners in order that your geographically-disadvantaged players can get at least close to the same experience playing this game that the rest of the "top players" get....and yes I am insinuating that the top players are ONLY that because of their advantageous connection to the servers and/or locations. I said it, now prove me wrong.

You can't just have a sub 30 ms connection and all of a sudden be able to compete in the top divisions. Skill gets you there a lot more than a great connection. If I recall, you're playing Online Versus. Which uses a peer-to-peer connection so if either you or your opponent are having any issues, both will feel it. Apologies if I'm wrong. I know we went through a lot of troubleshooting with you and I believe you also were pretty far from the closest server.
  • Confusion2000
    290 posts Member
    edited June 18
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    I need to restart this topic because I want to know why things just keep happening even though certain people say none of it exists.

You can't just have a sub 30 ms connection and all of a sudden be able to compete in the top divisions. Skill gets you there a lot more than a great connection. If I recall, you're playing Online Versus. Which uses a peer-to-peer connection so if either you or your opponent are having any issues, both will feel it. Apologies if I'm wrong. I know we went through a lot of troubleshooting with you and I believe you also were pretty far from the closest server.

I really haven't played as much VS the last few years. EA doesn't make it very easy to since it won't save your lineups or strategy settings at all. You have to redo everything everytime you play the game. HUT remembers everything, and I don't understand why EA doesn't give that same love to VS mode. I personally think it's to push players towards to "money mode" but maybe that's just me.

I also beg to differ on what you said about skill being a more determining factor of your success in this game. Don't get me wrong, you do need a certain skillset to succeed because a good connection alone won't get it done for you. BUT what good is your skillset if your game/controller won't allow you to do the things you do to be successful? For me it all keeps coming back to when I play somebody of "higher skill" my team is at its hardest to control with my controller and when I have success it's because my controller feels like it's working properly and maybe my opponent is having the controller issue. Now either that's a latency thing or it isn't, and if it isn't then what it is exactly that causes those issues?

That's the point I am trying to get across here.

I am just sick and tired of leaving the game feeling that I'm being screwed over all the time by whatever forces that be, and this wasn't a problem many years ago now. Today it's nothing but problems. You and others at EA say there is no ice tilt or momentum in the game, and I guess I will give the benefit of the doubt here with that, but at some point somebody needs to become accountable for the garbage that happens when all avenues of troubleshooting don't do a bit of good or help in any way when all is said and done. "Your average player" has NO PULL when it comes to getting EA to change things or your ISP to fix where the problem area is. That's just the way it is. Call up your ISP as an average Joe and tell them to fix the internet because your gaming doesn't work the way it's supposed to and see where it gets you.
    Post edited by Confusion2000 on