EA Forums - Banner

Looks like Frostbite is coming to NHL 22

Replies

• kyl_35
    179 posts Member
    That mode is the only reason I buy the game and it’s unplayable with that bug. It’s broken.
  • EA_Aljo
    3203 posts EA Community Manager
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    That mode is the only reason I buy the game and it’s unplayable with that bug. It’s broken.

That's a fair statement in your case. However, there are people that will still play that mode as well as the rest of the game, but I understand this makes it unplayable for you.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Microsoft owned isn't EA owned though.
    Right - I am just saying, there is another way for a company to engage with their customers
    The reason is the next-gen is upgraded and separate from the Xbox One/PS4 version. It's how FIFA 21 is. You can't play with/against PS5 to PS4 or Xbox Series vs Xbox One. Even HUT is separate but here is the kicker to it all. If you upgrade your console during the year and get the upgraded version of the game your HUT team transfers over.
    No offense but are you certain? This is stupid - Xbox Series X is 100% compatible with Xbox One. All the upgraded versions of games have (atm) are improved visuals and frame rates.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Follisimo
    1318 posts Member
    edited June 17
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Right - I am just saying, there is another way for a company to engage with their customers
    The reason is the next-gen is upgraded and separate from the Xbox One/PS4 version. It's how FIFA 21 is. You can't play with/against PS5 to PS4 or Xbox Series vs Xbox One. Even HUT is separate but here is the kicker to it all. If you upgrade your console during the year and get the upgraded version of the game your HUT team transfers over.
    No offense but are you certain? This is stupid - Xbox Series X is 100% compatible with Xbox One. All the upgraded versions of games have (atm) are improved visuals and frame rates.

Yes I'm 100% on this. I have a Series X and my friend has an Xbox One X and we couldn't play club together. Here you go.

• IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

Yes I'm 100% on this. I have a Series X and my friend has an Xbox One X and we couldn't play club together. Here you go.
    That's... horrible.

I have an original Xbox One and play Gears 5 with a friend who has a Series X - they are 100% compatible.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

Ouch. I'm not going to buy if I can't play with my one x owning peasant buddies who have been unable to find a Series x yet.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    I would be very curious to know if there is an actual technical reason this is so...
  • Follisimo
    1318 posts Member
    edited June 17
    I would be very curious to know if there is an actual technical reason this is so...

Well they never gave an answer to people about that other than what I showed. But seeing as so many games have the ability to play with friends cross-gen I'd say it's just laziness. Madden 22 info should start pouring our in the upcoming weeks since they showed off their cover now. If that game does cross-gen the same way then you can be sure the rest are going to follow suit.

• IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited June 17
    jrago73 wrote: »
    Ouch. I'm not going to buy if I can't play with my one x owning peasant buddies who have been unable to find a Series x yet.

Ya I am a peasant - unsure when I will be making that leap. FIFA is literally the only game I have heard of where this is the case.

I have crossplayed the following games with people I know who have Series X
    • NHL 21
    • Outriders
    • Sea of Thieves
    • Gears 5
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • Titanfall
  • Follisimo
    1318 posts Member

Ya I am a peasant - unsure when I will be making that leap. FIFA is literally the only game I have heard of where this is the case.

• NHL 21
    • Outriders
    • Sea of Thieves
    • Gears 5
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • Titanfall

You can also cross-gen in FIFA 21 if both own the Xbox One/PS4 versions on the respective next-gen. But if you buy the next-gen version of the game you can't play with the other gen.

• jrago73
    746 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    We are listening to the community as a whole, not just the eSports competitors.

I feel it would go a long way to alleviate customer animosity if there was more openness and transparency around this and exactly who, how and what you are listening to... and what comes out of any of the various feedback you get.

You see there also comes problems with that too and it's why being vague is always their best route.

Say they make a change due to community feedback but you don't think majority of people wanted it. Then they just question who the heck asked for this blah blah. It would require a huge portion of the fanbase to get things overturned in some cases.

Also they can't tell us what they are working on because I highly doubt the upper management....higher than Rammer would even allow that.

They at least talk more in the NHL community than what FIFA gets. They make changes and that is that.

I mean really go over there and read the stuff you will see it's much of the same but in soccer terms.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/categories/fifa-21-general-discussion

I understand it could be some problem if they share too much - but I think they have a pretty good clue of how to compromise with this sort of 'information'.

I dont think were asking for that much - just some inside - would be fun/interesting.

Our expectations ain't that high - for obvious reasons.

But will be fun to see where this will lead.

I highly doubt they will go from a year with their fingers in their ears yelling "lalalalala" to ignore us to suddenly opening up more than ever and over sharing. Plan on more radio silence other than the forum mods.

We're not ignoring anyone. I absolutely understand how it looks with very few gameplay updates this year. That doesn't mean there are no updates coming down the road. We are very well aware of community feedback. We'll have to wait and see what's coming as there's nothing we can talk about currently. As stated previously, there's a lot of hesitation to make changes after the beta due to the very high amount of community feedback stating the beta is the best version of the game.

Yeah not really buying what you're selling. YOU have not ignored us, the mods have been around.

I am fine with the lack of post release changes to focus on avoiding another disastrous generation transition but the complete lack of communication on almost anything... not so much.

There was rarely (never?) any info shared all year long on whether or not patches or updates were coming. When or if roster updates were coming. Whether issues the community perceived as flawed were going to be adjusted, taken under review, changed or were working as intended.

I honestly feel you mods have done a good job with what you were given to work with this year and while the team may have been made aware of our concerns and questions all communication this year was going in one direction. Hence the attitude of those who have felt neglected by the dev team this year and while they were hiding from a few meanies in the community this year it left you guys to handle the additional abuse that their absence inspired, which again I think you guys handled well.

But I can't feel anything less than ignored when the response to almost everything this year is "we will pass this on" and there is never any kind of follow through or communication after that. Maybe nhl 22 will suddenly address a lot of the things we wanted addressed, and I would be happy to be pleasantly surprised in that regard. But history is the greatest predictor of the future so I'm not really holding my breath.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

• NHL 21
    • Outriders
    • Sea of Thieves
    • Gears 5
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • Titanfall

For The Yard mode in Madden I couldn't play with my friend while he was on the old version unless I went and fired up the old version too.

Not the end of the world because I had the free upgrade last year so I had both versions but I had to keep the game installed twice.

If this coming year means I have to buy the game twice, or not use any of the features of my next gen console I'll probably just wait on purchase until availability lets the rest of my friends upgrade, whether that be months or years. What will stop me indefinitely is if this means all online lobbies are about to be cut in half. Its hard enough to get a full game of 6's as is, I couldn't imagine also being limited to only population from one gen or the other.
  • Follisimo
    1318 posts Member

• NHL 21
    • Outriders
    • Sea of Thieves
    • Gears 5
    • Elder Scrolls Online
    • Titanfall

For The Yard mode in Madden I couldn't play with my friend while he was on the old version unless I went and fired up the old version too.

Not the end of the world because I had the free upgrade last year so I had both versions but I had to keep the game installed twice.

If this coming year means I have to buy the game twice, or not use any of the features of my next gen console I'll probably just wait on purchase until availability lets the rest of my friends upgrade, whether that be months or years. What will stop me indefinitely is if this means all online lobbies are about to be cut in half. Its hard enough to get a full game of 6's as is, I couldn't imagine also being limited to only population from one gen or the other.

To be fair Frostbite is on the Xbox One and PS4. So maybe NHL 22 isn't really getting that next-gen treatment and simply just getting a long overdue update.

• EA_Aljo
    3203 posts EA Community Manager
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    We are listening to the community as a whole, not just the eSports competitors.

I feel it would go a long way to alleviate customer animosity if there was more openness and transparency around this and exactly who, how and what you are listening to... and what comes out of any of the various feedback you get.

You see there also comes problems with that too and it's why being vague is always their best route.

Say they make a change due to community feedback but you don't think majority of people wanted it. Then they just question who the heck asked for this blah blah. It would require a huge portion of the fanbase to get things overturned in some cases.

Also they can't tell us what they are working on because I highly doubt the upper management....higher than Rammer would even allow that.

They at least talk more in the NHL community than what FIFA gets. They make changes and that is that.

I mean really go over there and read the stuff you will see it's much of the same but in soccer terms.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/categories/fifa-21-general-discussion

I understand it could be some problem if they share too much - but I think they have a pretty good clue of how to compromise with this sort of 'information'.

I dont think were asking for that much - just some inside - would be fun/interesting.

Our expectations ain't that high - for obvious reasons.

But will be fun to see where this will lead.

I highly doubt they will go from a year with their fingers in their ears yelling "lalalalala" to ignore us to suddenly opening up more than ever and over sharing. Plan on more radio silence other than the forum mods.

We're not ignoring anyone. I absolutely understand how it looks with very few gameplay updates this year. That doesn't mean there are no updates coming down the road. We are very well aware of community feedback. We'll have to wait and see what's coming as there's nothing we can talk about currently. As stated previously, there's a lot of hesitation to make changes after the beta due to the very high amount of community feedback stating the beta is the best version of the game.

Yeah not really buying what you're selling. YOU have not ignored us, the mods have been around.

I am fine with the lack of post release changes to focus on avoiding another disastrous generation transition but the complete lack of communication on almost anything... not so much.

There was rarely (never?) any info shared all year long on whether or not patches or updates were coming. When or if roster updates were coming. Whether issues the community perceived as flawed were going to be adjusted, taken under review, changed or were working as intended.

I honestly feel you mods have done a good job with what you were given to work with this year and while the team may have been made aware of our concerns and questions all communication this year was going in one direction. Hence the attitude of those who have felt neglected by the dev team this year and while they were hiding from a few meanies in the community this year it left you guys to handle the additional abuse that their absence inspired, which again I think you guys handled well.

But I can't feel anything less than ignored when the response to almost everything this year is "we will pass this on" and there is never any kind of follow through or communication after that. Maybe nhl 22 will suddenly address a lot of the things we wanted addressed, and I would be happy to be pleasantly surprised in that regard. But history is the greatest predictor of the future so I'm not really holding my breath.

While we are passing the feedback here to the dev team, we can't respond to any of it until those details are announced. So, I absolutely get why you feel this way. However, we are regularly in communication with the dev team and know they are aware of the feedback you all provide. The last year+ has seen some very big changes with not only how games are being developed, but a new generation of consoles has also been released. It's very possible work has been focused more on the future of the series. This hopefully means we avoid another NHL 15 situation. If the feedback that has been provided applies to a future game, we can't comment on any of it until that game is announced. We also don't normally talk about what's in the works because things can easily change. Once we say we're considering X feature or it's possible X improvement could be coming, people hold us to that. Things often don't work out as we'd like them to so it's better to wait until we have confirmed details before announcing them.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Not to be all "end of days" but:

Given what I and others have noticed to be a perceptible dip in the player community numbers, if NHL 22 has separate Xbox Series S/X and Xbox One versions that are not cross compatible, this could have a devastating effect on the community.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited June 21
    By way of tempering expectations... last year the first news we heard of NHL21 was July 20th. I do think we are in somewhat less unpredictable times this year so I am optimistic we will hear something earlier...

EDIT: Though with the confirmed Q3 release date (probably Oct 12) presumably the reveal will also be later. Not sure if this is now the new norm for NHL - getting an October release instead of September.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

Yuck.
  • Sega82mega
    4232 posts Member

Soo - next gen (!) - October realese (?).

And some cover guessing.

Fun to hear 21 was really successful. Money to the NHL bank!

Cah ching. 😏👍
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

Yuck.

With regards to?