Replies

• jrago73
    746 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    jrago73 wrote: »

Yuck.

With regards to?

Crosby lol. Wings fans have a special hate for him. Within a short amount of time he stole our cup (with media pushing each other out of the way to pleasure him) and beat the US.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    edited June 21
    Uh ok so you need to look past the (unfortunate?) thumbnail dude LOL. The clip is not really about Crosby at all.
    Post edited by IceLion68 on
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member
    I guess just the sight of Crosby brings out the best of many people...

Good players seem to have that effect.. 🙄😏
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    Uh ok so you need to look past the (unfortunate?) thumbnail dude LOL. The clip is not really about Crosby at all.

I didn't even realize it was a thumbnail lol.
  • Hopefully lighting alone sells this game cause I don’t foresee anything special coming with an engine change. Maybe this is a great opportunity to do an AI deep dive so they don’t skate backwards to the slot or loose pucks on the boards, or stop skating to allow their mark to beat them to the backdoor, or skate themselves out of open passing lanes to get to their assigned spots, or “cover” for their human teammate because he’s one microinch out of position, or etc.

Maybe we fix what makes skating and shooting animations change speeds game to game without any slider changes? All great ideas if I say so myself.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    Hopefully lighting alone sells this game cause I don’t foresee anything special coming with an engine change. Maybe this is a great opportunity to do an AI deep dive so they don’t skate backwards to the slot or loose pucks on the boards, or stop skating to allow their mark to beat them to the backdoor, or skate themselves out of open passing lanes to get to their assigned spots, or “cover” for their human teammate because he’s one microinch out of position, or etc.

Maybe we fix what makes skating and shooting animations change speeds game to game without any slider changes? All great ideas if I say so myself.

More power means we can increase the game speed a few more notches :wink:
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    Hopefully lighting alone sells this game cause I don’t foresee anything special coming with an engine change. Maybe this is a great opportunity to do an AI deep dive so they don’t skate backwards to the slot or loose pucks on the boards, or stop skating to allow their mark to beat them to the backdoor, or skate themselves out of open passing lanes to get to their assigned spots, or “cover” for their human teammate because he’s one microinch out of position, or etc.

Give us speed - must have speed. Now.... 😱
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

I didn't even realize it was a thumbnail lol.

LOL OMG!!! That's too funny.
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member

Here's hoping lol
    top-gun-need-for-speed.gif
  • IceLion68
    1618 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »

Fun to hear 21 was really successful. Money to the NHL bank!

That is a double edged sword. The money making part was HUT which is part of why we have what we have with regards to the game.
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member

That is a double edged sword. The money making part was HUT which is part of why we have what we have with regards to the game.

What exactly do you mean? What do we got?

Either way - can't be a bad thing - getting money to the team/game.

Good contribution ya'all.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

Is it really good though? That's the question. Because that money could just go back into HUT and they'll try to make even more money off of that mode.

We'll see in short order what NHL 22 will feature, and while I'm looking forward to it, it's still annoying to know that HUT will still more than likely get the most resources over any of the other modes.
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member

Is it really good though? That's the question. Because that money could just go back into HUT and they'll try to make even more money off of that mode.

We'll see in short order what NHL 22 will feature, and while I'm looking forward to it, it's still annoying to know that HUT will still more than likely get the most resources over any of the other modes.

Money is a sign of a popular game. Bad game = 'no one would invest'.

So again - it - can't - be bad, no mather how you turn it. Not in my world, anyway.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

So again - it - can't - be bad, no mather how you turn it. Not in my world, anyway.

EA would be stupid not to focus on hut if the money it makes is several magnitudes higher than any other mode. Which is fine... if you like hut.

The catch is if you don't play hut and you prefer EASHL or franchise you can't help but wonder how much your preferred mode is being neglected due to the attention given to EA's golden goose.

Not only what features etc. But does ea balance their on ice product for a team of 78ish rated eashl players, a franchise team with a wide range of ratings, or a hut team with 20 Gretzky-ish players?

We will never know for sure if the focus on hut hurts the other modes but again EA would be dumb not to focus on hut from a business perspective, even though some of us old schoolers would much rather see more attention given to the other modes instead.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

And sales are a sign of a popular game. Money spent is a sign that too many people are plopping down cash just to try and keep up in hut.
  • EA_Aljo
    3204 posts EA Community Manager

HUT hasn't received the most resources. When you compare what changes in HUT compared to most other modes, it's not getting more attention. 21 had significant changes to BAP. There were updates to WoC and Franchise Mode as well. Gameplay is always a very big focus. That affects every mode. I understand that it looks like HUT gets more attention since it has daily item updates, but that's a far more simple process than developing new features and updates each year. WoC has very frequent item updates as well.
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »

HUT hasn't received the most resources. When you compare what changes in HUT compared to most other modes, it's not getting more attention. 21 had significant changes to BAP. There were updates to WoC and Franchise Mode as well. Gameplay is always a very big focus. That affects every mode. I understand that it looks like HUT gets more attention since it has daily item updates, but that's a far more simple process than developing new features and updates each year. WoC has very frequent item updates as well.

Exactly. You get the same gameplay even if it's HUT or onlineVS.

So more cash - better gameplay.

HUT is perfect.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »

HUT is perfect.

I’d argue more cash, better ranked players , too fast = worse gameplay
  • Sega82mega
    4241 posts Member

HUT is perfect.

I’d argue more cash, better ranked players , too fast = worse gameplay

Okey, interesting thought. But can you explain it further?