Replies

• Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    I felt bad for Fleury riding the pine last night :(

Also, Mark Stone did not seem to be his usual crazy self... one of the broadcasters speculated he might be playing injured?

He confirmed in his press conference last night that he was not hurt.

Hmm I wonder what happened to the fire he had during the Colorado series then...

Philip Danault

Thats a highly underrated player.

Habs "Crosby"... 🤔😏
  • kyl_35
    184 posts Member
    The Canadian media won’t stop gushing over him (for good reason). Wouldn’t call him underrated at all.

Just an effective shut-down Centre.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    The Canadian media won’t stop gushing over him (for good reason). Wouldn’t call him underrated at all.

Just an effective shut-down Centre.

Good to hear - boy deserve it.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    Can't help feeling abit sorry for Drouin - as I understand, he's out on personal reasons. Hopefully gets to enjoy he's teammates success in some way.

Tatar and Evans gone too. I feel the team that brought them to final is not quite the team I thought would be the guys to do it from the beginning of the season.

Soon to start - lets kick it habs!
  • I'm not overly worried right now, Canadiens just need to start scoring on their huge amount of chances.

Suzuki needs to stop trying that dang between the legs curl back nonsense too
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited July 1
    Yeah it's time to show the bolts what the habs is made of. Hopefully they get a boost going back home.

1-2 or 0-3 "biiig" diffrent.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited July 2
    Read today jagr have been having a previous teammate in a stanley cup final 41 seasons straight.

Merrill this year - from 2 seasons in jersey.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4773 posts EA Community Manager
    I'm starting to think the head coach for the Tampa Bay Lightning came across the poll we had here on the forums prior to the start of the season on who would win the Stanley Cup. Nobody selected Tampa Bay, maybe he showed that to the team?

One win away....
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited July 4
    I'm starting to think the head coach for the Tampa Bay Lightning came across the poll we had here on the forums prior to the start of the season on who would win the Stanley Cup. Nobody selected Tampa Bay, maybe he showed that to the team?

One win away....

Hehe.. I could have put my vote at bolts - but I dont wanna 'bealive' at them. Some reason Tampa never worked out for me. All tough I have a puck back home with Lightning logo. Perhaps I should give that away - could jinx it in habs positive direaction.

But no mather - tampa is a great team but montreal ain't that far away. Price is not the man he can be. All tough hes facing top players.

But it ain't over just yet.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    That's one....
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    Good showing by the Habs last night but in all honesty the finals should probably have been Islanders and the Bolts... The Isles had a much better showing against them. Forced 7 games. I dont think Montreal is going to do the same.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited July 8
    Im not happy. All though tampa feels like a fair winner.

Suzuki great playmaker.

Cc and Josh had a 2-1 situation they should have capitalize.

Maroon 3th straight. Not bad.

Congratulations tampa..

... And you fought well habs, I bealive no one thought you should make it that long.

Next season.

*Gallagher looked to be in so much pain. Tough player.
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Im not happy. All though tampa feels like a fair winner.

Well, if you consider them being $18M over their salary cap "fair"... It's legal but they need to do something to close this loophole.

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/lightning-a-masterpiece-of-roster-construction-and-salary-cap-management-but-they-cant-hold-on-to-everybody
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    100 agree.

I dont like that either. I talked about it earlier - but it seems to be legit. 🙄
  • EA_Blueberry
    4773 posts EA Community Manager
    Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning!

• Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited July 8
    I cant find the prediction. (from the whole season)

From that simulator?

Curious to see how that look now.

Silly season..

Where will eichel go - kings? 🙄
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    100 agree.

I dont like that either. I talked about it earlier - but it seems to be legit. 🙄

Well it's LEGAL, but definitely a loophole that needs to be closed. Tampa complained when Chicago did it then turned around and exploited it like 3 times as bad
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    100 agree.

Well it's LEGAL, but definitely a loophole that needs to be closed. Tampa complained when Chicago did it then turned around and exploited it like 3 times as bad

It's a 'glitch fest'.

You don't think Kucherov was injured?
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    edited July 8
    100 agree.

It's a 'glitch fest'.

You don't think Kucherov was injured?

Of course he was - he had surgery... but do you not think it strategic he managed to return for game one of the playoffs and not one game sooner? In addition to Stamkos being put on retroactive LTIR back to April 9th and also returning guess when? Game one vs Panthers. IN ADDITION to taking on the LTIR contracts of Gaborik and Nillson. It's legal but man this is sketchy business IMO