EA Forums - Banner

AI player tendencies are needed

2Next

Replies

• IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    I am curious how people think shot release would work: both as a statistically relevant attribute and visually. Would this be better relegated to presentation - like skating styles and goalie stances - that allow you to customize how your players look on the ice? Or would this actually be a 3rd shot stat. How would this actually be accounted for statistically?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Beauts90
    145 posts Member
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    I am curious how people think shot release would work: both as a statistically relevant attribute and visually. Would this be better relegated to presentation - like skating styles and goalie stances - that allow you to customize how your players look on the ice? Or would this actually be a 3rd shot stat. How would this actually be accounted for statistically?

When I was talking about a release attribute, my thinking was how much of the joystick you have to pull to the side and back to get a good shot off. Basically, the higher the rating, the less "windup" you need. I'm not entirely sure if you could change the actually quickness of the motions, but might be something to look into. I think its one of many attributes that could be added to increase depth of gameplay.
    I am sure they are factored in with some other trait, but there also isn't anything for backhand (shot/pass), shooting in stride and even one timer.More puck control attributes during various speeds/movements would go a long way too. I think they need to get rid of off. and def. awareness and break them up into specific attributes to really make a difference as well.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

I think it’s something that needs to be added much later after we already have attributes mattering more and tendencies dialed in. I agree with your skepticism haha, it’d be hard to quantify. I think it would be a stat though (maybe shot deception) that increases the likelihood of scoring on first shots.
  • My take on a "shot release attribute" would be how long it takes the puck to come off your stick after you initiate a shot (whether you flick the right analog up for skill stick or press X/(whatever PS is) on your controller).
  • My take on a "shot release attribute" would be how long it takes the puck to come off your stick after you initiate a shot (whether you flick the right analog up for skill stick or press X/(whatever PS is) on your controller).

I think it's a good idea but I don't think that's something EA would be able to manage. I'm 100% in support of what you're driving at though
  • twhite1387 wrote: »
    My take on a "shot release attribute" would be how long it takes the puck to come off your stick after you initiate a shot (whether you flick the right analog up for skill stick or press X/(whatever PS is) on your controller).

I think it's a good idea but I don't think that's something EA would be able to manage. I'm 100% in support of what you're driving at though

They haven’t nailed functioning sliders or switching players so I don’t think dynamic shooting animations based on skill will be well done anytime soon.