EA Forums - Banner

NHL22 Beta Confirmed?

Replies

• IceLion68
    1610 posts Member
    I skipped the event because deep down I think I knew there would be no NHL news.

On a positive note, a Dead Space remaster is cool I guess. Did I miss anything else?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Gotta announce it as late as possible to fool people into keeping their preorders.

You can't even pre-order it so there goes that theory.
  • EA_Aljo
    3194 posts EA Community Manager
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    We haven't had anything at EA Play in a few years now. News will be coming. I understand many don't agree with when our reveals happen, but it doesn't mean there's a lack of caring about our product.

But it does appear to demonstrate an utter lack of understanding about how to *market* your product. Today's EA Play was quite *literally* sandwiched between the Expansion draft (yesterday) and the actual NHL draft (starting tomorrow) . If the NHL Marketing does not understand that today's event was not the time to at least *acknowledge the existence* of the game, I am not sure what to even say except that they probably ought not to be employed.

"Because that's the way we have always done it" is literally the worst reason for doing anything.

All I can say is that news is coming. I'm very sorry. I wish I had some details to give out, but that's not the case. I know it's frustrating. That's absolutely understandable and we hate to see that happen, but for now, we'll just have to wait.
  • Sega82mega
    4205 posts Member
    We haven't had anything at EA Play in a few years now. News will be coming. I understand many don't agree with when our reveals happen, but it doesn't mean there's a lack of caring about our product.

But it does appear to demonstrate an utter lack of understanding about how to *market* your product. Today's EA Play was quite *literally* sandwiched between the Expansion draft (yesterday) and the actual NHL draft (starting tomorrow) . If the NHL Marketing does not understand that today's event was not the time to at least *acknowledge the existence* of the game, I am not sure what to even say except that they probably ought not to be employed.

"Because that's the way we have always done it" is literally the worst reason for doing anything.

All I can say is that news is coming. I'm very sorry. I wish I had some details to give out, but that's not the case. I know it's frustrating. That's absolutely understandable and we hate to see that happen, but for now, we'll just have to wait.

Do you know as little as we do?

Or is that something you cant tell.

Just wanna know if you in the same boat.
  • IceLion68
    1610 posts Member

We still love you bro :)

It's just that the marketing around this product is very lacking.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • twhite1387
    275 posts Member
    edited July 22

It's not you personally we're frustrated with, it's approach EA is taking to this game in particular, it feels like we're being deliberately kept in the dark for the upcoming release, and the last time it happened was the disasters that were 15, and 16 collectively. You're still good in the books!

• ildaryutkin82
    11 posts Member
    edited July 22

There is a strong sense that the NHL franchise is repeating the fate of the NBA Live franchise, when it first only released new rosters for the 2019/2020 season for NBA Live 19, and then completely stopped releasing new games in the series. Just say NHL 22 will come out. That's all the community needs.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4738 posts EA Community Manager
    While I wish there was an announcement regarding the next NHL title at EA Play Live, I trust the team is passionately hard at work ensuring it will be the best NHL title we've ever had. The forum moderators here are sending reports to the development team on a regular basis that includes the concerns, suggestions, and in-depth conversations we have on these forums. Heck, I'm a fan too and have played NHL 21 a lot more than the other games in the past, so I'm just as anxiously excited to see what they have to showcase. Disappointed? I suppose a little bit as we're all emotionally invested in this community too. We love chatting about the game with you all so we're all looking forward to the next chapter in the series.

Nonetheless, it's exciting to hear how many of you are eagerly awaiting news on the NHL franchise. Based off some very limited knowledge we've came across in conversations with the team, I can say that the concerns about certain game features in NHL 21 and suggestions thrown out in these forums are very much in consideration. They want to make this game great. If I need to be a wait a little more so they can focus on exceeding my expectations, that's a nod from me. I'm confident you'll all feel the same way when the team is ready to share more.

To clear up any confusion around a beta. Nothing has been officially announced. Rumors are what they are: Rumors.

We recommend keeping an eye on the official EA NHL channels for news on upcoming titles or playtests. When we find out, we'll be sure to create a post here so you're all notified.

See you on the ice!
  • Confirmed: NHL 22 will have ice
  • Prepared for the announcement that EA's taking a year off to 'work out the kinks' for the new system and new engine.

It's not like their last game didn't disappoint a vast majority of the very limited customer base. It was essentially a minor upgrade on the previous version with a handful of poorly executed updates all held together with the same clunky menu.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Confirmed: NHL 22 will have ice

With lines and circles?
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »

BREAKING NEWS!
  • I think it's safe to assume that it won't be a Mid-September release. I'm okay with that as long as it plays well.
  • Sega82mega
    4205 posts Member

Nonetheless, it's exciting to hear how many of you are eagerly awaiting news on the NHL franchise. Based off some very limited knowledge we've came across in conversations with the team, I can say that the concerns about certain game features in NHL 21 and suggestions thrown out in these forums are very much in consideration. They want to make this game great. If I need to be a wait a little more so they can focus on exceeding my expectations, that's a nod from me. I'm confident you'll all feel the same way when the team is ready to share more.

Sounds cool - tell them no rush.

But then again-hurry up a little... 😬😊👍
  • Sega82mega
    4205 posts Member
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »

You 100% sure? I bealive it first when bacon country Confirm it on hes Youtube-Chanel.

Probebly fake news you got there.
  • Follisimo
    1307 posts Member
    I think it's safe to assume that it won't be a Mid-September release. I'm okay with that as long as it plays well.

Oh it was known long ago that it will be October

• Sega82mega
    4205 posts Member
    I think it's safe to assume that it won't be a Mid-September release. I'm okay with that as long as it plays well.

From first trailer to realese.

With Nhl21 - late August first news/trailer - realese day 13 oct.

I think it will be the same this year. Follow the same 'cycle'.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    edited July 22
    The game is never announced by the time EA play rolls around. The silence seems worse because it is at a time when Fifa and Madden are releasing news all over the place but the fact is NHL comes out months later and so will their news releases.

That being said, this is always a huge missed opportunity for the franchise. Hockey fans will go looking for a hockey game, we know how it works. If EA wants more people to play the NHL franchise then you need to appeal to gamers and what gamers would be more likely to try out NHL than gamers who already enjoy sports games?

If the marketing behind this franchise was even half baked you would have something, anything, to at least point out the existence of your game in front of all of these bored sports gamers at this time of year.

I understand the game is still in its development and some features may be a coin flip as to whether or not they get in. You can't at least show the cover and say "now on the most updated super duper version of frostbite! Stay tuned for more details between now and our November release"?

The marketing for this game even after release is lackluster at best, the marketing leading up to release seems equal parts apathetic and resentful towards the franchise. If EA proper can't be bothered to show even the minimal amount of excitement towards this franchise at perhaps the time of year in which they have the most eyeballs on them and perhaps the time of year when sports fans are the most starved for gaming news then how can you expect fans to have any excitement?

Despite all of our complaining and nitpicking here its because we want this franchise to be successful just as much as the devs do, it would be great to see EA get on the train too.
  • Well this game should be among one of the more important games in the EA Sports lineup. Hockey is probably the best sport to make a game around with its mix of physicality and speed. This game should be in the discussion for sports game of the year on an annual basis. However it probably hasn't been in that discussion since NHL 14 OR 15. And that's the part that truly blows.

On a positive note, we've got new hardware this year so hopefully that helps with the game moving forward.
  • EvanAshopenace
    804 posts Member
    edited July 23
    LOL!, I hope shot attempts stat are in NHL 22, like in FIFA 21, it was remarkable to see it in Fifa 21, I wanna see it in NHL 22.

am still playing NHL 21 as a goalie, am like overall 96 goalies, age 21, and in the year 2025, it's the addicting man.