EA Forums - Banner

NHL22 Beta Confirmed?

Replies

• Sega82mega wrote: »
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Confirmed: NHL 22 will have ice

You 100% sure? I bealive it first when bacon country Confirm it on hes Youtube-Chanel.

Probebly fake news you got there.

That is odd that after checking his channel Bacon really hasn't followed up with NHL 21 at all other than right at the beginning. I wonder if he's not feeling the love with the game anymore....or maybe he's just doing dad things now.
  • Rammer decided to at least some answer to the questions of fans of our game: Rammer decided to at least some answer to the questions of fans of our game:
  • Sega82mega
    4196 posts Member
    edited July 23
    I wonder in what stage a NHL game from EA is usally considering to be done, 2 weeks before the realese, or are we talking days here?

Perhaps diffrent from time to time - dependent on how much difficulties the Dev team run into.

And all the testing - must be abit hard to know how the game will flow 10 days after the realese - considering how many games we play, online. Which part of mechanics that can develop into a 'glitch', or some sort of 'cheap advantage' - people try to manipulate.

The sooner the beta goes out - it's gotta be the better for the developers. More valuable time to adjust some final things before realese.
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • I was so excited yesterday for eventual reveal, and nothing :(

EA_Aljo wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    We haven't had anything at EA Play in a few years now. News will be coming. I understand many don't agree with when our reveals happen, but it doesn't mean there's a lack of caring about our product.

But it does appear to demonstrate an utter lack of understanding about how to *market* your product. Today's EA Play was quite *literally* sandwiched between the Expansion draft (yesterday) and the actual NHL draft (starting tomorrow) . If the NHL Marketing does not understand that today's event was not the time to at least *acknowledge the existence* of the game, I am not sure what to even say except that they probably ought not to be employed.

"Because that's the way we have always done it" is literally the worst reason for doing anything.

All I can say is that news is coming. I'm very sorry. I wish I had some details to give out, but that's not the case. I know it's frustrating. That's absolutely understandable and we hate to see that happen, but for now, we'll just have to wait.

Do you know as little as we do?

Or is that something you cant tell.

Just wanna know if you in the same boat.

I use to mod here, at times we knew more than others. There was one feature that was leaked and was later confirmed by the Community Manager at the time so we had to keep that under wraps for a long time. This was back in 2008 or 2009, it may have been the inclusion of the Canadian Hockey League, but we had to not talk about it.

I'm sure the mods know a little more than they can say right now, and you just have to respect that.

I'm sure the news will come soon enough but it's annoying waiting this long.
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    We haven't had anything at EA Play in a few years now. News will be coming. I understand many don't agree with when our reveals happen, but it doesn't mean there's a lack of caring about our product.

But it does appear to demonstrate an utter lack of understanding about how to *market* your product. Today's EA Play was quite *literally* sandwiched between the Expansion draft (yesterday) and the actual NHL draft (starting tomorrow) . If the NHL Marketing does not understand that today's event was not the time to at least *acknowledge the existence* of the game, I am not sure what to even say except that they probably ought not to be employed.

"Because that's the way we have always done it" is literally the worst reason for doing anything.

All I can say is that news is coming. I'm very sorry. I wish I had some details to give out, but that's not the case. I know it's frustrating. That's absolutely understandable and we hate to see that happen, but for now, we'll just have to wait.

I use to mod here, at times we knew more than others. There was one feature that was leaked and was later confirmed by the Community Manager at the time so we had to keep that under wraps for a long time. This was back in 2008 or 2009, it may have been the inclusion of the Canadian Hockey League, but we had to not talk about it.

I'm sure the mods know a little more than they can say right now, and you just have to respect that.

Realistically you guys probably need to prepare yourselves for a late August or Early September announcement. I'm not really sure what got everybody all jazzed up for this week, there is nothing in recent years history that would have suggested we would see anything this early.

Wonderful insight - from someone thats been on the other side.

I can imagine you where a good mod.

I just asked the question - out of pure curiosity.

I respect that and it's a 'fair thing' - as a 'bonus', to the job the people around the game are doing... Sometimes it's easier to be on 'our' side. I dont like secrets. Cause secrets rely on people's trust - and I dont trust people... Especially when it comes to keepin their mouth shut 🙄🤔😊

I respect that and it's a 'fair thing' - as a 'bonus', to the job the people around the game are doing... Sometimes it's easier to be on 'our' side. I dont like secrets. Cause secrets rely on people's trust - and I dont trust people... Especially when it comes to keepin their mouth shut 🙄🤔😊

Which is why I answered it, because it was a good question. And I saw no reason not to answer it. It's not like I broke any type of NDA so we're all set.

As far as being a good mod? I did the best I could but there were those that were better than I was. But they also had more experience.

• With lines and circles?

Likely removed for 22, to be re-introduced in 23 as a "groundbreaking new feature"
  • IceLion68
    1607 posts Member
    edited July 23
    While I wish there was an announcement regarding the next NHL title at EA Play Live, I trust the team is passionately hard at work ensuring it will be the best NHL title we've ever had. The forum moderators here are sending reports to the development team on a regular basis that includes the concerns, suggestions, and in-depth conversations we have on these forums. Heck, I'm a fan too and have played NHL 21 a lot more than the other games in the past, so I'm just as anxiously excited to see what they have to showcase. Disappointed? I suppose a little bit as we're all emotionally invested in this community too. We love chatting about the game with you all so we're all looking forward to the next chapter in the series.

Nonetheless, it's exciting to hear how many of you are eagerly awaiting news on the NHL franchise. Based off some very limited knowledge we've came across in conversations with the team, I can say that the concerns about certain game features in NHL 21 and suggestions thrown out in these forums are very much in consideration. They want to make this game great. If I need to be a wait a little more so they can focus on exceeding my expectations, that's a nod from me. I'm confident you'll all feel the same way when the team is ready to share more.

To clear up any confusion around a beta. Nothing has been officially announced. Rumors are what they are: Rumors.

We recommend keeping an eye on the official EA NHL channels for news on upcoming titles or playtests. When we find out, we'll be sure to create a post here so you're all notified.

See you on the ice!
    There are few things going on for me personally at least. It's not just that I am disappointed with the lack of information
    1. The admittedly childish temp tantrum throwing "But I wanna know noooowwww!!!" :)
    2. The complete bafflement turned suspicion on my part of watching one missed ideal opportunity after another to announce if not showcase NHL
    3. The confusion around the messaging - particularly with what turned out to be the FIFA EA Play (which was never billed as such)
    4. The disappointment in general how NHL seems to be treated like a second class citizen with regards to attention and love at EA
    5. The PTSD setting in on how this is all looking similar to NHL15
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68
    1607 posts Member
    edited July 23
    TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Confirmed: NHL 22 will have ice

You 100% sure? I bealive it first when bacon country Confirm it on hes Youtube-Chanel.

Probebly fake news you got there.

That is odd that after checking his channel Bacon really hasn't followed up with NHL 21 at all other than right at the beginning. I wonder if he's not feeling the love with the game anymore....or maybe he's just doing dad things now.

Several of the big streamers gave up on NHL early on this year and went over to racing, NBA and MLB
  • IceLion68
    1607 posts Member
    Rammer decided to at least some answer to the questions of fans of our game: Rammer decided to at least some answer to the questions of fans of our game:

So I followed that and then looked at Clappy's twitter... tell me, what do you think it says about a franchise when it's community manager hasn't tweeted in 2 months?
    ec3z8to3yfjo.png
  • IceLion68
    1607 posts Member
    edited July 23
    jrago73 wrote: »

Realistically you guys probably need to prepare yourselves for a late August or Early September announcement. I'm not really sure what got everybody all jazzed up for this week, there is nothing in recent years history that would have suggested we would see anything this early.

This is utterly false.
    Until last year a teaser trailer and the cover athlete were usually revealed at the NHL awards in June

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/19/18692002/nhl-20-cover-athlete-trailer-release-date-ps4-xbox-one
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    Rammer decided to at least some answer to the questions of fans of our game: Rammer decided to at least some answer to the questions of fans of our game:

So I followed that and then looked at Clappy's twitter... tell me, what do you think it says about a franchise when it's community manager hasn't tweeted in 2 months?
    ec3z8to3yfjo.png

Yeah that's not a great look. But honestly this is why it was foolish to have the GWC so early and not release anything after the fact
  • jrago73
    746 posts Member

This is utterly false.
    Until last year a teaser trailer and the cover athlete were usually revealed at the NHL awards in June

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/19/18692002/nhl-20-cover-athlete-trailer-release-date-ps4-xbox-one

But that was for a September release, not the case this year and I can't even remember the last time EA play acknowledged the NHL franchise.
  • IceLion68
    1607 posts Member
    Side note: can I say that I am kinda in love with Becky Crossdale from Codemasters ? <3
  • Sega82mega
    4196 posts Member

Which is why I answered it, because it was a good question. And I saw no reason not to answer it. It's not like I broke any type of NDA so we're all set.

As far as being a good mod? I did the best I could but there were those that were better than I was. But they also had more experience.

Your good with people - I can tell. Thats always a good start. Better or worse - that depend who you ask - as long as you follow the rules.

Thank you for your answer. 👍
  • IceLion68 wrote: »

ec3z8to3yfjo.png

...Oof
  • IceLion68
    1607 posts Member

This is utterly false.

But that was for a September release, not the case this year and I can't even remember the last time EA play acknowledged the NHL franchise.

OK fair but everything has been shifted a month -
    NHL 22 Release in October instead of September,
    NHL Draft/Expansion draft... in July instead of June...

that still means by rights we should be seeing something like, now.

Your good with people - I can tell. Thats always a good start. Better or worse - that depend who you ask - as long as you follow the rules.

Thank you for your answer. 👍

I also work in an industry where customer service is very important. So being a jerk isn't an option. Well not unless I want to get fired.