EA Forums - Banner

Fighting in squad battles

Z0mbieBabyJesus
1539 posts Member
edited June 2021
This needs to be changed.

1) I shouldn't be forced to fight (and lose complete control over everything until the ai decides what they're doing) the ai just because I injure someone on their team with a hit. Maybe if the hit is also a penalty, it's okay, but it's absolutely absurd that I'm forced to fight or take an offsetting penalty on a clean hit.

2)why can't I initiate fight from a face off 99% of the time? That should be my choice to engage as a player.

It's incredibly frustrating playing physical defense where you're punished for being physical within the rules.

Replies

• Another reason this needs changed; facing low rated teams with silver and bronze players with super low durability. Clean hits are constantly injuring low durability trash cards. No penalties, but you're either forced to fight and lose your player for 5 minutes, or decline the fight and get stuck playing a 4 on 4.

How hard is it to turn the fighting down? You guys have sliders for this. It's obviously an issue, and it's obviously an easy fix. This should be done, period.

Disable fights except for hits that result in both injury and have a penalty. That's the only time it should be forced. Anything else is just short sighted and an aggravating at best. Yes I'm technically bumping my thread, but obviously it was ignored. I don't care if others don't feel this is an issue, it is one, and is a fix that requires zero patches.
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    Another reason this needs changed; facing low rated teams with silver and bronze players with super low durability. Clean hits are constantly injuring low durability trash cards. No penalties, but you're either forced to fight and lose your player for 5 minutes, or decline the fight and get stuck playing a 4 on 4.

How hard is it to turn the fighting down? You guys have sliders for this. It's obviously an issue, and it's obviously an easy fix. This should be done, period.

Disable fights except for hits that result in both injury and have a penalty. That's the only time it should be forced. Anything else is just short sighted and an aggravating at best. Yes I'm technically bumping my thread, but obviously it was ignored. I don't care if others don't feel this is an issue, it is one, and is a fix that requires zero patches.

How often are you having to fight? It's not that common for me. Not every game at least. However, I'm also not a huge hitter and rely more on pokes and stick lifts, so, by nature of that, I'm not going to see as many fights.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Another reason this needs changed; facing low rated teams with silver and bronze players with super low durability. Clean hits are constantly injuring low durability trash cards. No penalties, but you're either forced to fight and lose your player for 5 minutes, or decline the fight and get stuck playing a 4 on 4.

How often are you having to fight? It's not that common for me. Not every game at least. However, I'm also not a huge hitter and rely more on pokes and stick lifts, so, by nature of that, I'm not going to see as many fights.

Very often. At least 4x a game in squad battles. I play physical against the ai, and usually get between 40 and 60 hits a game. You have to be physical against the ai in squad battles because they immediately get the puck back when you poke or stick lift. My record is 2 fights on clean hits within one in game minute.

If I injured their player on that hit, AND it was a penalty, I have no problems fighting. But why should I be forced to play a 1/4 period plus, down 2 players because I happened to hurt their base silver or bronze card that has no durability. That kind of thing sets up the rest of the period, because now I have 2 forward lines and 2 defensive lines that get drained of stamina even quicker because someone has to play on 2 lines now.

This is an every game occurrence for me, and I'm not going to start hitting less and just let the ai play keep away for the entire period.

This isn't a problem online, because I don't hit as often, and most players aren't going to fight when it happens.

This is purely an offline issue.
  • EA_Aljo

Very often. At least 4x a game in squad battles. I play physical against the ai, and usually get between 40 and 60 hits a game. You have to be physical against the ai in squad battles because they immediately get the puck back when you poke or stick lift. My record is 2 fights on clean hits within one in game minute.

If I injured their player on that hit, AND it was a penalty, I have no problems fighting. But why should I be forced to play a 1/4 period plus, down 2 players because I happened to hurt their base silver or bronze card that has no durability. That kind of thing sets up the rest of the period, because now I have 2 forward lines and 2 defensive lines that get drained of stamina even quicker because someone has to play on 2 lines now.

This is an every game occurrence for me, and I'm not going to start hitting less and just let the ai play keep away for the entire period.

This isn't a problem online, because I don't hit as often, and most players aren't going to fight when it happens.

I play a lot of Squad Battles as well, but my pokes work really well so I don't rely on hitting. I'm probably only getting 10 - 15 in a game. Which is why fights aren't that common for me. I'll pass on the feedback, but the only way around this currently is to hit less.
  • Z0mbieBabyJesus
    1539 posts Member
    edited July 2021

I play a lot of Squad Battles as well, but my pokes work really well so I don't rely on hitting. I'm probably only getting 10 - 15 in a game. Which is why fights aren't that common for me. I'll pass on the feedback, but the only way around this currently is to hit less.

That kind of feels like the joke where the doctor says "well stop doing that" when someone says it hurts to do something.

Thanks for passing it on. I do use an active stick for what it's worth, I don't just rely on hitting. I just think forced fights should only happen when it's an actual penalty. Because when you can refuse the fight(you can't always), you still end up stuck playing 4 on 4.
  • EA_Aljo

That kind of feels like the joke where the doctor says "well stop doing that" when someone says it hurts to do something.

Thanks for passing it on. I do use an active stick for what it's worth, I don't just rely on hitting. I just think forced fights should only happen when it's an actual penalty. Because when you can refuse the fight(you can't always), you still end up stuck playing 4 on 4.

Yeah, that's kinda how it is. I'm not trying to make a joke of course, but it's just the only thing you can do currently. Hopefully, we'll see this handled differently in the future, but 40 - 60 hits is a pretty high amount of them. If this were real hockey, most likely opposing players are going to notice and drop the gloves multiple times.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Yeah, that's kinda how it is. I'm not trying to make a joke of course, but it's just the only thing you can do currently. Hopefully, we'll see this handled differently in the future, but 40 - 60 hits is a pretty high amount of them. If this were real hockey, most likely opposing players are going to notice and drop the gloves multiple times.

That's fine, and I can agree it's a lot of hits. That said, I've been forced into fights within in the first few mins, consecutively. I'm just saying, those fights should only be "forced" if I also take a penalty on the hits. That's all. Excessive amount, or intensity should not factor into the hit if its clean. Hopefully this is changed in 22
  • EA_Aljo

That's fine, and I can agree it's a lot of hits. That said, I've been forced into fights within in the first few mins, consecutively. I'm just saying, those fights should only be "forced" if I also take a penalty on the hits. That's all. Excessive amount, or intensity should not factor into the hit if its clean. Hopefully this is changed in 22

Fights should only be forced if you injure them. Again, chances are good if a player sees their teammate get injured, they're going after the guy that did it. I definitely get the frustration of forced fights, but there's a reason for them and they aren't just random. If you're going to play a very physical game, that's going to run the risk of more injuries and forced fights.
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »

Fights should only be forced if you injure them. Again, chances are good if a player sees their teammate get injured, they're going after the guy that did it. I definitely get the frustration of forced fights, but there's a reason for them and they aren't just random. If you're going to play a very physical game, that's going to run the risk of more injuries and forced fights.
    That's fair. I'll adjust my game style
  • Thats Hockey Baby! Love fighting and wish EA would add blood along with an ice scrape after every fight.