EA Forums - Banner

Observations after another 1000 Squad Battle games

Kind of a sad time of year...my team is about maxed out now so nothing more to play for, but still enjoying the game.
I've got better over the year for sure, playing Superstar all the time now.
My thoughts on the game:
1. It's obvious that EA programs several different levels into each difficulty. I don't like the fact that I can have a really hard time beating a 76 team and then can easily whip a 90 team. Shouldn't be.
2. AI still drives me crazy. They forecheck way too aggressively on penalty kills so they're always caught up ice. I'm dragging them back like crazy. The defense picks the worst times to line change and give breakaways, sometimes at the very start of a period when they are fresh. Whaaa?
3. Would love to play as home team for different uni options....come on EA, it's a no brainer.
4. Would like to see points spread out a bit more and go higher so that you get rewarded more for beating a really hard team vs an easy one on that difficulty. Eg, max points for beating a 95 team on pro could be 1100 vs 1000 for beating a 77 team.
5. This is personal, but I just don't have the time and energy to play all the weekend games. Not sure the solution except to lessen the number.
5. On rewards, no complaints, I only bought about $40 of packs all year and did all the work to make a great team with great synergies. I do often wonder, though, how much difference my high players make based on my comments in point number 1. This game seems much more determined by what EA throws at you that particular game than how good I am. Shouldn't be.
6. Bottom line, I obviously still love this game or wouldn't have played it so much. I think it does need something fresh to make it feel a little less predictable. It has been the closest I've got to my lifelong dream of playing the real game, which I only got a little bit of during my life.

Replies

• 5. Solution is simple. Get rid of the arbitrary daily game limit, and instead create a weekly limit. If someone has the time to play their games all on one day, they should be able to. This doesn't create an advantage to anyone, and helps those with less time on weekends.
  • Agreement on the points raised above.

I play all my games on Superstar but am uncertain how the final end of game coins award is calculated. The "fan appreciation" component is too arbitrary. All coins to be earned in squad battles should be made clear before I play the game, and the objectives achievable, as they currently are for the daily or weekend challenges, and HUT Rush.
  • 5. Solution is simple. Get rid of the arbitrary daily game limit, and instead create a weekly limit. If someone has the time to play their games all on one day, they should be able to. This doesn't create an advantage to anyone, and helps those with less time on weekends.

Right on, good idea
  • The only change I'd like for Squads is being the home team or being able to switch sweaters. This is a no-brainer and needs to be available for 22.

Everything else is spot on and the best mode in the game. Can't thank EA enough for it and the only reason I bought the last 2 years and hope it continues.
  • I would like the option of switching goalies mid game as well. If I could then I might actually get a better backup and I am tired of playing the same goalie.
  • Racesunite wrote: »
    I would like the option of switching goalies mid game as well. If I could then I might actually get a better backup and I am tired of playing the same goalie.

This is already possible with squad battles

They already do this in fifa, so why not in NHL. So ea must already know how to do this.
    Its a no brainer. Not every one has the time to play a daily game limit they have families and work and other life things to take care of first. Me personally find it very tiring to play 8 games sat and 8 games sun, yet could comfortably play 5 or 6 games a day through the week to leave less to do at the weekend. Which would also perhaps leave more time to play other parts of the game if time and health permits.

The way they do it leaves you almost no time to play other games. This increases the odds that you put your money into their game & card packs rather than some other game and card packs. You won't be able to convince me that this wasn't researched and implemented so as to maximize profits. You having a life outside of them getting your money can't be an option that they want you to have. You have to be wrapped up in their product.

The way they do it leaves you almost no time to play other games. This increases the odds that you put your money into their game & card packs rather than some other game and card packs. You won't be able to convince me that this wasn't researched and implemented so as to maximize profits. You having a life outside of them getting your money can't be an option that they want you to have. You have to be wrapped up in their product.
    Yeah, the player base is so small they have to squeeze everything out of it ... :#

This is a fantastic idea! I really like playing squad battles, but that weekend grind just drains you. I hope EA can change this? Thanks for the post I enjoyed reading.