EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 Trailer

Replies

  • kezz123
    653 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.



  • kezz123
    653 posts Member
    Why do your black player models (or some of them) look like cavemen instead of proper looking black guys that wouldnt look so ridiculous that they would be abused so much by white folks? Its not helping the game feel inclusive to other races. If the black models looked normal, the white folks using them would stop because they wouldn't be able to convey their point across anymore.
  • twhite1387 wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Never been a big insurgency guy, I like RS2 and squad a bit better but insurgency is definitely fun!

    I’m just interested to see what actually makes it into 22. Trying not to have any expectations really.

    Yeah I havent played it yet or anything - just read reviews from other's that have - and watch some gameplay videos. It looks nice.

    Abit same here like it is with nhl - I want to slow things down abit and have control of whats happening - COD and that stuff is just a frenzy madhouse with explosions everywhere. No time to think, or for that mather - be tactical.

    Yeah you said it good - me too, im interesting to see what 22 will bring, would be surprised if it's not more 'new stuff' then we are used of having.

    *all though im having a hard time to not have any expectations - too hyped already - for some reason. Might be who I am. New-year millennium, great expectations - bad night..... 😄

    I made mistake of buying CoD BOCW the other night when it was on sale...all I can say is I can't wait for BF2042. I'm super curious and yet concerned about 22 now. We're down to what...two months til release and still nothing?

    Hehe you should have saved your money - but, hard to know with games without testing them yourself. But cod is not really my thing.

    The 'new modern warfare' had a mode where you battle 2 vs 2, in a small map, that was actually pretty intense - had some fun/exciting nights with that.

    I think we get some news at the end of August.

    And then start to sign up for beta.

    Beta days use to be like a small 'holiday' for me. Fun times - never in my life, I had such a good time - as when I played Beta19, such a rush.
  • EA_Aljo
    3229 posts EA Community Manager
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.

    Red is a natural color. This is most likely why it's in the game and blue isn't. Regardless, if someone wants to dye their hair, that's their prerogative. Just like using the number 69. Yes, we're aware of the connotation, but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there using it legitimately. Customization is extremely popular in online games. We're trying to limit the ability to use obviously offensive content and are actioning those accounts as quickly as we can. If we remove specific faces and skin tones, we're also taking away those options from people that would legitimately use them.

    People are always going to find ways to exploit the game. Unfortunately, removing those exploits can also cause bigger issues with legitimate play. We most definitely want a game that can't be exploited, but that's probably an unrealistic expectation. Changes have been made in the past to pivots so they don't work as well as they used to, but obviously, it still happens. We'll have to wait and see what changes are made in the future. I know this is a very big issue with the community and the dev team is aware of that. As with most things, it's never as easy as it seems to remove exploits.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Member
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.



    Honestly, restricting players to have a certain haircolor to fit in a stereotypical mold of what you think that race should look like...is racist itself. Anybody can dye their hair any color. If there are white player models who can't use certain hair colors, that's another issue - but not race related. And what's the #69 have to do with anything? Who cares. The biggest issue is people who bypass filters to create racist player/club names.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.

    We'll have to wait and see what changes are made in the future. I know this is a very big issue with the community and the dev team is aware of that. As with most things, it's never as easy as it seems to remove exploits.

    Go Dev team - make us happy! 😊🙏
  • kezz123
    653 posts Member
    B_Bunny wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.



    Honestly, restricting players to have a certain hair color to fit in a stereotypical mold of what you think that race should look like...is racist itself. Anybody can dye their hair any color. If there are white player models who can't use certain hair colors, that's another issue - but not race related. And what's the #69 have to do with anything? Who cares. The biggest issue is people who bypass filters to create racist player/club names.

    Come on now, racist really? The only black people who can have blond hair or the like are albinos. Its not racist to make a point to not let people mock black people with ridiculous skin/hair combination. What I am saying is, and I have literally asked dozen of people in game using this combo, that its currently ONLY used to ridicule black people BY white people. You have an issue here thats not present in any other games where black people are represented.

    Then you have someone bringing up the issue and you call that person a racist?

    Im telling you that you have an issue. Its 100% a fact. Im telling you that your current black representation is currently being abused. Im even pointing out why. At some point, you can bring the horse to the water but cant make it drink.

    This is why things are brought to social medias and things explode because when issues are brought up politely, they are shrugged off.

    As far as the 69 is concerned, its just another annoyance that helps empower the same (sadly way too high percentile) toxic players. Fix the racism thing and that will go a long way. only 2 players in NHL history used #69 so I guess technically its allowed despite being undesirable. I bet you anything that its inside knowledge that this would not be allowed despite not being in the rules. EA can do the same but yes, this is more minor. I do care because I'm sick of playing the game with racists and toxic individuals and you know exactly what you will get right off the bat when you see #69. Frankly, if you want half of your nhl video (you know, your marketing) to show a #69 black guy with red hair that looks like a caveman, played by a racist white guy, I suppose again...the whole horse thing.

    Your game, your rules. I can only bring up the concerns.
  • kezz123
    653 posts Member
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.

    Red is a natural color. This is most likely why it's in the game and blue isn't. Regardless, if someone wants to dye their hair, that's their prerogative. Just like using the number 69. Yes, we're aware of the connotation, but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there using it legitimately. Customization is extremely popular in online games. We're trying to limit the ability to use obviously offensive content and are actioning those accounts as quickly as we can. If we remove specific faces and skin tones, we're also taking away those options from people that would legitimately use them.

    People are always going to find ways to exploit the game. Unfortunately, removing those exploits can also cause bigger issues with legitimate play. We most definitely want a game that can't be exploited, but that's probably an unrealistic expectation. Changes have been made in the past to pivots so they don't work as well as they used to, but obviously, it still happens. We'll have to wait and see what changes are made in the future. I know this is a very big issue with the community and the dev team is aware of that. As with most things, it's never as easy as it seems to remove exploits.

    I agree that exploits are hard to nail down. I agree that people will find new ones.

    I think that this is one more reason why the whole yearly release vs an ongoing ever-evolving game is a terrible idea. These should be nipped in the **** on an ongoing basis, not on a yearly basis. But even then, the LT abuse in various forms has been an issue for years. The ballerina work has been an issue for years. Wasnt there at some point some code that was supposed to make holding on to the puck forever more and more likely to lose the puck or turning sharply giving more chances to either lose the puck or fall? What about 100mph dekes from far left to far right and crazy glue on puck? There has been a number of ongoing issues there.

    I think people maybe would be more patient if they didnt have to pay $80 a year to find out that issues are still present each year.

    Not to drag on the black thing forever but I completely disagree with you on that front. Removing caveman faces combos wont upset any black people. Also you dont need to "remove" as much as "redesign" a few faces. And again...the blond and red hair is a joke right now and anyone can see that. Thats why its so widely used. Its the most "in your face" joke you can make. but you have some similar issues with a few "white" and "yellow" faces too. It wouldnt be an issue if your game was meant to make funny faces for all races but again, its the inconsistent direction that creates this dramatic clash.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Member
    kezz123 wrote: »
    B_Bunny wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.



    Honestly, restricting players to have a certain hair color to fit in a stereotypical mold of what you think that race should look like...is racist itself. Anybody can dye their hair any color. If there are white player models who can't use certain hair colors, that's another issue - but not race related. And what's the #69 have to do with anything? Who cares. The biggest issue is people who bypass filters to create racist player/club names.

    Come on now, racist really? The only black people who can have blond hair or the like are albinos. Its not racist to make a point to not let people mock black people with ridiculous skin/hair combination. What I am saying is, and I have literally asked dozen of people in game using this combo, that its currently ONLY used to ridicule black people BY white people. You have an issue here thats not present in any other games where black people are represented.

    Then you have someone bringing up the issue and you call that person a racist?

    Im telling you that you have an issue. Its 100% a fact. Im telling you that your current black representation is currently being abused. Im even pointing out why. At some point, you can bring the horse to the water but cant make it drink.

    This is why things are brought to social medias and things explode because when issues are brought up politely, they are shrugged off.

    As far as the 69 is concerned, its just another annoyance that helps empower the same (sadly way too high percentile) toxic players. Fix the racism thing and that will go a long way. only 2 players in NHL history used #69 so I guess technically its allowed despite being undesirable. I bet you anything that its inside knowledge that this would not be allowed despite not being in the rules. EA can do the same but yes, this is more minor. I do care because I'm sick of playing the game with racists and toxic individuals and you know exactly what you will get right off the bat when you see #69. Frankly, if you want half of your nhl video (you know, your marketing) to show a #69 black guy with red hair that looks like a caveman, played by a racist white guy, I suppose again...the whole horse thing.

    Your game, your rules. I can only bring up the concerns.
    Come on now, racist really? The only black people who can have blond hair or the like are albinos. Its not racist to make a point to not let people mock black people with ridiculous skin/hair combination.

    If you don't see how this comment is racist then you're part of the problem my dude. Maybe it's white kids using those avatars, maybe it's not. Point is - anybody can have any hair color they want (It's called dying your hair), whether its natural or not isn't the debate. Look at Dennis Rodman. Chris Brown. You trying to push a narrative that black avatars should not have different hair colors in a videogame is racist.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • How did we go from NHL 22 Trailer - to this....

    🤔😄
  • kezz123
    653 posts Member
    B_Bunny wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    B_Bunny wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »

    The racist crap is far from being curbed by EA, they still allow red hair on a black guy when that would require dye to accomplish IRL (they don't let white characters have blue hair....). There is 0 reporting tools for the terrible names that people use. I am really not sure what you refer to when you say they try to mitigate this because this is the game where I see the least mitigation yet. They could block #69 too if they wanted....not one NHL player ever wears that number anyways. You cannot report on XBOX for a name used in NHL, you can report for a name used as a XBOX handle.

    Unfortunately, people are going to find ways to create racist content. There's obviously still work to be done, but every day across many of our titles I'm seeing bans handed out. I'm also seeing a lot more "Joe NHLs" in drop-ins these days. Which is probably a sign they were forced to change their name. We'll continue to do all we can to action these accounts.

    We have a reporting tool built into the game. You can hit the report content option on the pause screen to report a player for an offensive name. The same goes for their club. You can find further assistance with reporting players here.

    Hair and numbers are a different issue though. Those aren't exactly on the same level. We want to give people the freedom to create their custom players and I get that not everyone is going to agree with what others choose. While I do agree it's very uncommon to see real players with the combinations that are in the game, it's possible they could still be choosing something that expresses their own personal look or one they more identify with.

    We're very well aware of the type of content people are creating and with the community's help, a huge number of accounts have been actioned. Please keep the reports coming. It's absolutely appreciated.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Yah..
    I dont think the devs play hockey. it makes no sense to me.
    Its so much less about vision of the play, nice passes and plays and more about ballerina work and extreme (impossible) dekeing at 500mph.

    Many of them do actually play. The dev team is extremely passionate about the sport and are continually trying to make the game as realistic as they can while also keeping it fun. Hardcore simulations aren't fun for all just like the more casual features don't appeal to the sim crowd. We're trying to make a game that is accessible to all and not just an elite few.

    When pivoting was put into the game with the RPM skating system, it wasn't the intent to have it used in the manner it has been. It's also not the easiest thing to remove as it would affect people legitimately using pivots. The dev team is very well aware of the community's feelings on this. Hopefully, they'll find a good way to balance pivots so they're not used so unrealistically.

    Thank you for the answers. I was unaware of the report function. I will most definitely use it pretty close to every game, which is the amount of times I see racist content in games which is mind boggling to me as I see nowhere remotely close to as much racism in any other games I play.

    The black guy blond/red hair still needs to be addressed as its one more way to let those racist players (99% of the time, Qc players (not a racist comment I am born and raised in Quebec so I know the struggles they face with racism)).

    Again, why would a black person be allowed to have blond / red hair and a white person not be allowed to have blue / purple hair? They both require dye, both are "personalization". The fact is its being abused and its not consistent. As developers and owners of the products, you also get to make choices that help reduce trolling or put a stain on the image of your product and when there is a guy with #69 every game, you probably should remove it if only to give one less tool for these people to "express" themselves. Nobody is going to quit playing because #69 is no longer there or they cant put blond hair on a black person. I can vouch that all the black people I know wouldnt do that, you are left with a bunch of white people doing it instead because "they are so ugly" (because racist - but also on EA's shoulders for having models that look like that to begin with for other races) which is why they also 'express" themselves with #69 and an attempt at bypassing naming restriction with a "shocking" name. I never made a complaint about anything like that in other games but MAN is it ever an issue in this game. Clearly something needs to change.

    As far as gameplay, I guess I can say ok but at the end of the day, its been abused for years....Its hard to justify that the Devs dont prioritize fixing this since it creates a unhealthy and unappealing (to anyone who enjoys hockey anyways) Meta in the game that focuses on skating abuse.

    I have friends who play LG at high levels and basically their "practice" sessions is all about practicing abusive skating moves (often in corroboration with deke moves to create weird glitches)

    What happened to the days of practicing passing and vision and so on? So its hard to imagine the Devs leaving these in their current state for so long.



    Honestly, restricting players to have a certain hair color to fit in a stereotypical mold of what you think that race should look like...is racist itself. Anybody can dye their hair any color. If there are white player models who can't use certain hair colors, that's another issue - but not race related. And what's the #69 have to do with anything? Who cares. The biggest issue is people who bypass filters to create racist player/club names.

    Come on now, racist really? The only black people who can have blond hair or the like are albinos. Its not racist to make a point to not let people mock black people with ridiculous skin/hair combination. What I am saying is, and I have literally asked dozen of people in game using this combo, that its currently ONLY used to ridicule black people BY white people. You have an issue here thats not present in any other games where black people are represented.

    Then you have someone bringing up the issue and you call that person a racist?

    Im telling you that you have an issue. Its 100% a fact. Im telling you that your current black representation is currently being abused. Im even pointing out why. At some point, you can bring the horse to the water but cant make it drink.

    This is why things are brought to social medias and things explode because when issues are brought up politely, they are shrugged off.

    As far as the 69 is concerned, its just another annoyance that helps empower the same (sadly way too high percentile) toxic players. Fix the racism thing and that will go a long way. only 2 players in NHL history used #69 so I guess technically its allowed despite being undesirable. I bet you anything that its inside knowledge that this would not be allowed despite not being in the rules. EA can do the same but yes, this is more minor. I do care because I'm sick of playing the game with racists and toxic individuals and you know exactly what you will get right off the bat when you see #69. Frankly, if you want half of your nhl video (you know, your marketing) to show a #69 black guy with red hair that looks like a caveman, played by a racist white guy, I suppose again...the whole horse thing.

    Your game, your rules. I can only bring up the concerns.
    Come on now, racist really? The only black people who can have blond hair or the like are albinos. Its not racist to make a point to not let people mock black people with ridiculous skin/hair combination.

    If you don't see how this comment is racist then you're part of the problem my dude. Maybe it's white kids using those avatars, maybe it's not. Point is - anybody can have any hair color they want (It's called dying your hair), whether its natural or not isn't the debate. Look at Dennis Rodman. Chris Brown. You trying to push a narrative that black avatars should not have different hair colors in a videogame is racist.

    Well considering im a double minority who has dealt with racism many times, id guess you might be part of the problem. Also your arguments were already answered if you read my posts.
  • jrago73
    748 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    How did we go from NHL 22 Trailer - to this....

    🤔😄

    Its all O'Dell Beckham jr's fault, we can get back on topic when there is in fact an NHL22 trailer to discuss.
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    How did we go from NHL 22 Trailer - to this....

    🤔😄

    IDK but I'm slightly humored by the situation. 💩 just might hit the fan here.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Let's shift the conversation back to excitement around an NHL 22 trailer.

    Further derailment of what this topic was originally created for may result in forum account action based off how this conversation is starting to go.
  • Let's shift the conversation back to excitement around an NHL 22 trailer.

    Further derailment of what this topic was originally created for may result in forum account action based off how this conversation is starting to go.

    To be fair the moderators didn't exactly stir this conversation back to it's original idea.

    With that said, I can't wait to see the NHL 22 trailer whenever it comes.
  • twhite1387
    275 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Let's shift the conversation back to excitement around an NHL 22 trailer.

    Further derailment of what this topic was originally created for may result in forum account action based off how this conversation is starting to go.

    I mean for a time the mods did endulge as well...not just us peasants. Speaking of the trailer, when's it coming @EA_Blueberry ?
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    twhite1387 wrote: »
    Let's shift the conversation back to excitement around an NHL 22 trailer.

    Further derailment of what this topic was originally created for may result in forum account action based off how this conversation is starting to go.

    I mean for a time the mods did endulge as well...not just us peasants. Speaking of the trailer, when's it coming @EA_Blueberry ?

    Sometime between today and the release date. ;)
  • twhite1387 wrote: »
    Let's shift the conversation back to excitement around an NHL 22 trailer.

    Further derailment of what this topic was originally created for may result in forum account action based off how this conversation is starting to go.

    I mean for a time the mods did endulge as well...not just us peasants. Speaking of the trailer, when's it coming @EA_Blueberry ?

    Sometime between today and the release date. ;)

    This ladies and gentlemen is the exact definition of side stepping a question! 🤣🤣🤣
  • dat moment... when moderators having fun least they are optimistic at least, it's fun when they are having a good time and comedic stuff, I wouldn't be too happy if moderators were serious all the time. ;):p
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    How did we go from NHL 22 Trailer - to this....

    🤔😄

    IDK but I'm slightly humored by the situation. 💩 just might hit the fan here.

    Saved by the EA blueberry! 😄👍
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.