EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 demo (request)

Hi there :)

Can anybody please confirm whether there will be (or no) a proper NHL 22 demo, so we can actually try if we like the the game/gameplay before purchasing?

Especially with the next-gen version and the jump expected I think EA should show some pride for the product and let everyone test the game before asking for AAA money.

(no, "closed beta" is not the same thing)

Replies

• Hi there :)

Can anybody please confirm whether there will be (or no) a proper NHL 22 demo, so we can actually try if we like the the game/gameplay before purchasing?

Especially with the next-gen version and the jump expected I think EA should show some pride for the product and let everyone test the game before asking for AAA money.

Would be nice to see a small demo. Just because demo's are a thing in the past but I think they were useful in most situations. I'd love to see them return but I don't think we'll ever see demo's again, at least for big name games.
  • Email was sent out today for a technical test in late August. Make sure your email is updated.
  • In previous years I have always signed up for EA play for a few months if I want to try out a game, I think its only like 5 bucks a month to get 10 hour trials.

Gameplay wise the closed beta pretty much is the same thing. If you're focused on single player modes then I can't recommend whatever they call EA access now enough. You get 10 free trial hours of all ea games that you can use to decide. If you decide not to pick up a game then its paid for itself.
  • jrago73 wrote: »

Gameplay wise the closed beta pretty much is the same thing. If you're focused on single player modes then I can't recommend whatever they call EA access now enough. You get 10 free trial hours of all ea games that you can use to decide. If you decide not to pick up a game then its paid for itself.

It use to be when madden and nhl released so close together one month would cover the trials on EA Access, I got more than what I needed out of EA access. Now though you need two separate months just to get both trials. Which is a bummer.

But I got EA Play when I got my series x so that won't even be an issue anymore.

• No chance they put out a demo.

Hasn’t been a legit demo in awhile outside of EA access unfortunately.
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    There is no chance of a demo becoming a thing. That is why they have EA Access and the trials from it for people to try.
  • djneohockey
    732 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm not ready to pay for demos guys, never Lol.
    I might be old-school, but I just think it's insane.
    They might change the wording, but it is what it is.
    Can you imagine buying a car and the seller won't let you drive it, only if you sign up for some program for 5 bucks or something?

Or they pick few of you that can, but you can't talk about the experience, because it's "closed test" 😂

And that so many people (even here) are okay with it is a major part of problem and the reason these games are so overpriced and mediocre.
    Post edited by djneohockey on
  • I'm not ready to pay for demos guys, never Lol.
    I might be old-school, but I just think it's an insane.
    They might change the wording, but it is what it is.
    Can you imagine buying a car and the seller won't let you to drive it, only if you sign up for some program for 5 bucks or something?
    Or they pick some of you that can, but you can't talk about the experience, because it's "closed test" 😂

And that so many people (even here) is okay with it is a major part of problem these games are so overpriced and mediocre.

But this ain't a car you buying, you can always wait one or two week after the realese, and then read the experience other people are having with the game.

Sign up beta (if that works for you) - and then hope your one of thoose that gets to play.

I think 22 will be worth the price - tested or not, at least from my perspective.
  • Beauts90 wrote: »
    In previous years I have always signed up for EA play for a few months if I want to try out a game, I think its only like 5 bucks a month to get 10 hour trials.

EA Play is now part of GamePass on Xbox I believe.
  • kezz123
    653 posts Member

There is
    Search for NHL 15 or NHL 16 or NHL 17 or NHL 18 or NHL 19 or NHL 20 or NHL 21 on your console and you should find one of the demos.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4819 posts EA Community Manager
    We're not aware of any plans for a demo of the game. The closest thing to a "demo" is being an EA Play member and having full access to the game for 10 hours. Better, in my opinion. Demos were only a sliver of a game back in the day, while EA Play First Trials gives you much more.

On a side note, if you sign up for EA Play the month the game comes out and decide you actually like it from 10 hours you played, you get a discount on the full game as a members. So in a sense, the $5 you signed up for that month goes towards your full game purchase.
  • And that so many people (even here) are okay with it is a major part of problem and the reason these games are so overpriced and mediocre.

Don't blame us for being part of any problem just because we enjoy taking part in these tests.

You want full access to a game before buying it? EA Play is just that.

It's exactly the same as renting a game used to be back in the day.

Weren't sure if you wanted to buy a game? Rent it for $5 for the weekend. Like it? Buy it. Don't? Don't. Simple.
    I'm not ready to pay for demos guys, never Lol.

So then sign up for the free technical test then?
  • EA access is a nice way to try games out. Xbox can even get a refund pretty easily if you don't like it. That's how I got into nhl again.