EA Forums - Banner

Unintentional hits with LS

I'm skating and changing my direction using LS only to get closer to the attacking player skating without puck. I'm trying to be as close as possible to defend him with my body. Sometimes when I quickly change LS direction to stay with the attacking player hit animation is initiated automatically while I'm not using RS at all. I'm just skating with no intention to hit the player without the puck. It doesn't make any sense. Is that something you are experiencing too?

Replies

• I get that a bit, but what I've been getting lately is a TON of fatman lag that causes me to take "charging" penalties. Basically, I have a guy lined up, he passes the puck at the last second, I let off the "skate" stick, and release the hit stick...but thanks to input lag he doesn't respond to the controls and still hits the guy.
  • jrago73
    748 posts Member
    I've had that for years. I've trained myself to evade contact in those situations even after releasing the check stick.
  • jrago73 wrote: »
    I've had that for years. I've trained myself to evade contact in those situations even after releasing the check stick.

It honestly wasn't too bad until recently, like after the season 5 playoffs ended.
  • Are you talking about hits just off of your momentum? They generally don't get penalized. This is how Dmen get a bit of an upper hand in net-front battles. Work them into your game.
  • belair_col wrote: »
    Are you talking about hits just off of your momentum? They generally don't get penalized. This is how Dmen get a bit of an upper hand in net-front battles. Work them into your game.

They have been...like I mentioned, since the end of season five the game's been atrocious. Moreso than usual
  • twhite1387 wrote: »
    belair_col wrote: »
    Are you talking about hits just off of your momentum? They generally don't get penalized. This is how Dmen get a bit of an upper hand in net-front battles. Work them into your game.

They have been...like I mentioned, since the end of season five the game's been atrocious. Moreso than usual

Hmmm. Haven't noticed. I remember they used to get called and it was annoying ****. Defenseman should NOT have to shy away from incidental contact.
  • There is a RS on Xbox for hitting so if you don't use RS, there shouldn't be a hit animation initiated when you change LS direction towards to opponent's player. There can be interference called in some cases but definitely not charging. I think, that it has something to do with defensive awareness of my DD, because sometimes I see some defensive actions automated.
  • EA_Aljo
    3224 posts EA Community Manager
    Ampereturn wrote: »
    There is a RS on Xbox for hitting so if you don't use RS, there shouldn't be a hit animation initiated when you change LS direction towards to opponent's player. There can be interference called in some cases but definitely not charging. I think, that it has something to do with defensive awareness of my DD, because sometimes I see some defensive actions automated.

Which defensive actions are you seeing automated?