• Looks a lot like NHL 21

Almost as if the sport is the same as '21
  • The moustache is definitely sharper.
  • Better lighting and shadows
  • Looks alot like Auston Matthews.

Much better lighting - more detailed.

Background feels alive.

And then add that ice I saw yesterday - to this, and I clearly see some difference from 21.
  • hopfully the new engine will make my be a pro games not end with such high scores...want that grind it out feel to some of my games...goal goal goal all I see...
  • Two observations:

1. The lighting is improved, not that it's a surprise.
    2. You can actually see the upper deck, which is almost impossible on NHL21.

Overall though, there just isn't enough to get excited over. Probably because it's someone I don't like all that much.
  • I hope they bring the. Winter classic mode back
  • But this type of things is just a shiny outside - it's whats inside thats mather.

The heart, the engine, is the gameplay bad - then the graphical side dosent really mather.

But if, the gameplay aaaand the graphic both are being really good - then it's a jackpot.

Aaah can't help it - feeling good for tomarow.

Looking forward to hear 'something' from the crew, havent heard from ben in months... Years... 🙄.... Anyway - it will be good to hear some words about their project.
  • I would say that as well I'm excited
  • i think ea may. Actually start this next generation good
  • idk if a picture has me excited HAH...but scores that don't look like NFL socres would be a good start...make skating more realistic too like the video posted here...idk who that was but it was like slower and more control...like D1 hockey...it was strategic
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    1800nesn wrote: »
    i think ea may. Actually start this next generation good

Hehe yeah lets hope so - I think 'the tools' is there.

Unfortunately, I have really high expectations. Almost as it would surprise me, if it's actually that good, that I think/imagine it to be... 🙄😏

Almost as if the sport is the same as '21

Graphically
  • Kuus2
    221 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Updated graphics are fine, but I just want responsive feeling menus.
  • Kuus2 wrote: »

That you should get - along with many other 'bonuses'.
  • Kuus2 wrote: »

If you aren't on the current gen then you won't get that more than likely.
  • Madden 21 (haven't played 22) on ps5 still had slow menus so I wouldn't hold my breath on snappy menu's. Granted they should be better but that's like saying potato chips should be better if you eat them my the sell by date instead of letting them expire. It should be a given that they're better when they're still fresh.
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Madden 21 (haven't played 22) on ps5 still had slow menus so I wouldn't hold my breath on snappy menu's. Granted they should be better but that's like saying potato chips should be better if you eat them my the sell by date instead of letting them expire. It should be a given that they're better when they're still fresh.

Menus will only go so fast when online is also a part of it. Lots of the slowdown is due to servers. The real difference should be in the sim engine and how fast things work. Anytime you see that EA emblem in the top right on NHL 21 in menus it's the servers loading.