EA Forums - Banner

NO Cross-Gen Play in NHL 22

2Next

Replies

• Cross generation would've been nice, but if you think about it you need to get the $100 game anyway to get it on the 12th so therefore it isn't that big of a deal. I might actually try it on my ps4 anyway since it'll be free.
  • NHL 21 could barely run on Xbox One or PS with all the bloated menus and input lag during online game play.

How do people think it would run with frostbite?
    It's not the same as other games.

I have the Series X. I am going to wait this one out most likely.

As from what I have read so far. The only addition to the game other than frostbite is player visual tracking. That is not enough for me to buy a game that is a nicer looking roster update.

No new puck physics? No new animations? No new defensive abilities to counter an already unbalanced forward bias game? No goalie improvements?

I will wait and see when the game is released before making a decision. We already know the beta tests can't be trusted. As soon as all the pros complain they can't score via diving poke check or make no look backhand hook passes. EA crumbles and gives them their cheesy unrealistic arcade game back.
  • Sega82mega
    4307 posts Member
    edited August 21
    SturmWolfe wrote: »

As from what I have read so far. The only addition to the game other than frostbite is player visual tracking. That is not enough for me to buy a game that is a nicer looking roster update.

No new puck physics? No new animations? No new defensive abilities to counter an already unbalanced forward bias game? No goalie improvements?

I dont get it - where do people hear things?

What we got so far is:

* Trailer around 2 minutes. It dosent say that much - other then a few things, frostbite, some new animations, and a really notable graphical change.

* We heard about something called 'x-factor'.

* we had it confirmed that it's definitely are coming changes to gameplay.

* This isn't 'just a better looking NHL 21.

* Frostbite will go on both versions of consoles - there isn't going to be any' gameplay difference ' between next gen and current gen.

We don't know nothing yet about this question but I give it a try:

"No new puck physics? - Yes there will be difference in how the puck will behave in it's physic compare to 21's puck physic. Most likely 95%.
    No new animations? That one you can see for yourself in the trailer - and theres probebly alot more to come.
    No new defensive abilities to counter an already unbalanced forward bias game? - yes by 98% there will be improvements for the defense - just look at that shot block when the opponent try to go short side.
    No goalie improvements? Yes to 99%.

If I missed out on any information - please fill me in and add.

EA should 'sticky' a thread of things thats official confirmed by the EA makers.

That way it won't be so much 'hear: ings.'
  • kyl_35
    184 posts Member
    Sega82mega wrote: »

EA should 'sticky' a thread of things thats official confirmed by the EA makers.

Hell yeah! And lock the thread so it doesn’t turn into 28 pages of posts where you have to go hunting for those one or two posts from the mods that has the confirmed info
  • kyl_35 wrote: »

Hell yeah! And lock the thread so it doesn’t turn into 28 pages of posts where you have to go hunting for those one or two posts from the mods that has the confirmed info

Don't worry they will once they start making it official on their website and talk about things.
  • SturmWolfe wrote: »

Also there are some defensive X factors as well so hopefully that means some new defensive tools.
  • What exactly is 'reverse hitting' ? Is it a offensive hit?

revamped puck protection, is interesting.

'many new pickups' - they even used the word - 'many'. But that one is probebly fantastic news, smooth pickups is so importen to get the flow going.

Great find, Beauts!
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    What exactly is 'reverse hitting' ? Is it a offensive hit?

'many new pickups' - they even used the word - 'many'. But that one is probebly fantastic news, smooth pickups is so importen to get the flow going.

Great find, Beauts!

Yes, it's hitting while carrying. It's hard to tell in the trailer but it kinda looks like that's what Ovechkin does.

Great find, Beauts!

Yes, it's hitting while carrying. It's hard to tell in the trailer but it kinda looks like that's what Ovechkin does.

Got it - saw it! 👍

Looks good with more options to go body.

Funny first comment about Forsberg and reverse hits, I was actually thinking of him, he was a master at this.

Great find, Beauts!

They're referring to when a defenceman does a little "blowback" hit on the forechecker/pressuring player

• Due to my size I got so many penalties for reverse hitting as I'd basically smash the other guy's chin.. I really hope this new feature is balanced for guys who use small snipers.

That said, why do I get the feeling this would make offense even easier now that they can counter hits even further? Argh this beta can't come soon enough
  • twhite1387 wrote: »

Great find, Beauts!

They're referring to when a defenceman does a little "blowback" hit on the forechecker/pressuring player

This is actually pretty freakin sweet if this is what they mean.
  • TTZ_Dipsy wrote: »
    Due to my size I got so many penalties for reverse hitting as I'd basically smash the other guy's chin.. I really hope this new feature is balanced for guys who use small snipers.

That said, why do I get the feeling this would make offense even easier now that they can counter hits even further? Argh this beta can't come soon enough

This will be useful when playing D but I think it’s the forwards that will really be able to take advantage of this in the O zone. Sort of like the “protect puck” feature now.
  • twhite1387 wrote: »

Great find, Beauts!

That 'blowback' was the name of Peter Forsberg's game - a beast along the boards, with the back against the players.

Feels like you may get the chance to protect the puck pretty good in 22 - hopefully 'the speed' will feel more 'realistic' so it will be easier for the defense to know when to push and when to just hold positioning/your ground.