EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 WoC Deep Dive Aug 29

Prev134
EA_Aljo
3229 posts EA Community Manager
edited August 2021
Hey, everyone!

There's going to be an NHL 22 World of Chel deep dive Sunday, August 29th at 12 PM EST.

Join us to discuss the reveal on the NHL Answers HQ forum!

Read up on the World of Chel Deep Dive here

psu3xsosln0t.png

Post edited by EA_Blueberry on

Replies

• Nice with a schedule.

28th sep and 6th oct as the most exciting dates for me - all though I guess alot of people will already have taken part of the 'uncut gameplay' in the test, before the 28th sep.
  • My biggest hope for the WoC showcase is that we finally get a glossary with what the attributes actually do/modify.
  • 10/4 will be exciting for me. And then the EA play early release is that week also. I can live with that.
  • 28th September and 4th October are the most important for me.
  • At least Franchise isn’t last this year, I guess.
  • kyl_35 wrote: »
    At least Franchise isn’t last this year, I guess.
    I’m still trying to figure out if leaving it until the week the game comes out is a good thing or a bad thing...
  • Beauts90 wrote: »
    kyl_35 wrote: »
    At least Franchise isn’t last this year, I guess.
    I’m still trying to figure out if leaving it until the week the game comes out is a good thing or a bad thing...

It's HUT. So pretty much they get that HUT hype a couple days before the game officially launches on the 12th for the people who buy the pricey bundle.
  • Aug 29th. The only date that matters! Hopefully full details on customization.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    It's HUT. So pretty much they get that HUT hype a couple days before the game officially launches on the 12th for the people who buy the pricey bundle.
    Judging by the ultimate team profits I don’t think they really have to worry much about selling HUT.
    Sorry, I was actually referring to the franchise mode deep dive.
  • Beauts90 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    Judging by the ultimate team profits I don’t think they really have to worry much about selling HUT.
    Sorry, I was actually referring to the franchise mode deep dive.

Either way I feel marketing is just trying something different by announcing closer to launch to maybe get people excited enough to pull the trigger. I mean who really knows what they think 90% of the time.
  • Sega82mega
    4308 posts Member
    edited August 2021

There we go! Thank you...

My dream scenario would be - they just confirm the test will happen aug 30-31, and then they start sending out codes from there - Sunday 29...
    Post edited by Sega82mega on
  • Follisimo
    1346 posts Member
    edited August 2021

I believe the video is like 31mins long
  • Burying club even further down the menus lol...gotta love this company
  • Follisimo wrote: »

I pass on that. But will try to pick up the information about the test.

And beside of that it would be fun to get some chel gameplay video - mainly just to get an idea of how things seem to flow...

• thebrazenhead75
    243 posts Member
    edited August 2021

Hopefully someone posts all the details here or on another social platform so I don’t have to watch the whole video.

• Honestly after watching the WoC Deep Dive I'm pretty excited about the changes and improvements they have made. We don't have complete customization like the PS360 days but this is a new attempt at customization while keeping balance. They finally listened to us about boosts and removed the negative effects while offering less of an increase. Overall I'd say WoC video was a solid win overall.

And for what you guys really want to know.
    g3uu7h0swjpr.png
  • Yes it was interesting never played much CHEL mostly because it seems impossible to join a team that plays regulary, hoping to have a better chance in 2022.
  • Too had it's centered around a mode I don't care for. I wish there was online versus or something like that so I can just jump right in and play the game. With that said I'll still check it out. I do like that the menus appear to be brighter. I always thought it was ridiculously dark, especially for a sport that has a bright playing surface.
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Honestly after watching the WoC Deep Dive I'm pretty excited about the changes and improvements they have made. We don't have complete customization like the PS360 days but this is a new attempt at customization while keeping balance. They finally listened to us about boosts and removed the negative effects while offering less of an increase. Overall I'd say WoC video was a solid win overall.

And for what you guys really want to know.
    g3uu7h0swjpr.png

Excited to hear all of your thoughts and yep the NHL 22 Technical Test will be going live tomorrow! If you follow the EA NHL Twitter account be on the lookout for opportunities for codes if you didn't sign up.

See you all on the ice and looking forward to your reactions!

Catch the replay below: