EA Forums - Banner

NHL 22 WoC Deep Dive Aug 29

Replies

• EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    Follow the Community Manager's account too!

• Pretty cool video… huge improvements
    Love the menus and the customization and the ATTRIBUTE EXPLANATIONS!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Now the last thing … is the acceleration in game gonna be realistic and will there be more loose pucks? That’s what I wanna see
  • ...meh

More customization for attributes seems to be the big change and much needed streamlined menus. Nothing on added club customization, nothing on changes for drop ins, and club is still buried in the WoC hub.
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Ability to control team size difference in matchmaking... Big Thank You!
  • EA_Blueberry
    4836 posts EA Community Manager
    EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Hey, everyone!

There's going to be an NHL 22 World of Chel deep dive Sunday, August 29th at 12 PM EST.

Join us to discuss the reveal on the NHL Answers HQ forum!

Read up on the World of Chel Deep Dive here

psu3xsosln0t.png

The World of Chel Deep Dive blog is available to read up on here: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/273603/nhl-22-world-of-chel-deep-dive/p1?new=1
  • EA_Aljo wrote: »
    Hey, everyone!

There's going to be an NHL 22 World of Chel deep dive Sunday, August 29th at 12 PM EST.

Join us to discuss the reveal on the NHL Answers HQ forum!

Read up on the World of Chel Deep Dive here

psu3xsosln0t.png

The World of Chel Deep Dive blog is available to read up on here: https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/273603/nhl-22-world-of-chel-deep-dive/p1?new=1

Can honestly say you guys are listening on going into details more about what you are delivering and at least for the WoC you listened to feedback quite well while also doing what you think is best for the mode.
  • The no skipping of replays i guess i can sort of understand, but the amount of times the replays are of absolutely nothing needs to be changed before something like this is useful. This will also add to the game length, and is honestly something i only see being used in esports playoffs/finals type scenarios. But if this technology is an option, you guys should add an "automatic skip all cutscenes" option as well. I guarantee you that would be something used much more, as it actually streamlines the game. Confusing priorities, i hope the on virtual ice product is half decent.
  • Really think the customization hit the spot for players. Also the live dressing room will be a very welcome addition.

Negatives

- No news on practice mode. Really needs more depth. (Multiple pucks, playing offence and defense) So much customization options for D, yet no way to test them in free skate and team practice against your own team.

- Limited options for choosing the size of teams you want to face. Should instead be able to choose either plus or minus, not always both. Thus eliminating the chance of matching up against 2's when you are 3 or 4 willing to play 3-6 player teams.

- Playoffs not changed to elimination games...Come on...This is NHL. Elimination in the playoffs is what its about.

- Still too many modes for the small community. 3v3 should only be in a arcade mode like 3's eliminator. You are limiting the player base by splitting 3's and 6's IMO.

Maybe some of these changes can be made via updates, as the infrastructure is there.
  • Really think the customization hit the spot for players. Also the live dressing room will be a very welcome addition.

Negatives

- No news on practice mode. Really needs more depth. (Multiple pucks, playing offence and defense) So much customization options for D, yet no way to test them in free skate and team practice against your own team.

- Limited options for choosing the size of teams you want to face. Should instead be able to choose either plus or minus, not always both. Thus eliminating the chance of matching up against 2's when you are 3 or 4 willing to play 3-6 player teams.

- Playoffs not changed to elimination games...Come on...This is NHL. Elimination in the playoffs is what its about.

- Still too many modes for the small community. 3v3 should only be in a arcade mode like 3's eliminator. You are limiting the player base by splitting 3's and 6's IMO.

Maybe some of these changes can be made via updates, as the infrastructure is there.

Because they are about finding 1 overall winner for the division(s) and not the old PS360 bogus everyone is winner chance.
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    This was an issue? Isn't that what 'Match My Team Size' was for?

I can't remember when I ever came across clubs that had fewer than five in multiple years.
  • that matchmaking option will be a lifesaver. We usually have 5 people on and we'll just search for teams of 4 or more. So glad that we'll never have to match up with 2's ever again!
  • Wow fun to check in and see this much optimism - whats going on - is everyone feeling fine? 👀😱😄

No but nice to hear that people seems to be satisfied and are excited for the realese - I stand firm - I think its 'da bomb' thats about to go off... 😃👋
  • Sega82mega wrote: »
    Wow fun to check in and see this much optimism - whats going on - is everyone feeling fine? 👀😱😄

No but nice to hear that people seems to be satisfied and are excited for the realese - I stand firm - I think its 'da bomb' thats about to go off... 😃👋

You should watch the YouTube video. Lots of people posting W's
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    Sega82mega wrote: »
    Wow fun to check in and see this much optimism - whats going on - is everyone feeling fine? 👀😱😄

You should watch the YouTube video. Lots of people posting W's

Abit old fashioned, dont always get what the youth are trying to say... But a simpel W, can't be a bad thing ah?

We are winning! I do bealive so... 😊✌️
  • I personally would have like the BAP progression system just brought over to WoC, then your stats increase or decrease depending on how you play your game, then no one would be able to make a "broken build." Like for starters give us a base points to spend how we see fit, get us to like a 70 overall or something, then your stats are affected on how you play the game, maybe forcing people to communicate better, so other people's stats don't get really bad. I feell like this would be a win win for everyone...

IMO "balancing" so everyone is the same just is kind of dumb.. if you're bad at the game, either stop playing, or learn how to adapt and get better.. plus is also give that competitive edge as well.. but that's just my opinion..
  • Negatives
    You're absolutely right, was just so happy to see it that I didn't think it that far. Maybe just minimum number of players would've been enough, who would actually like to limit the maximum number of human players?
  • j0rtsu67
    644 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    belair_col wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »

I can't remember when I ever came across clubs that had fewer than five in multiple years.
    Match My Team Size rules out too many teams (for example if we have 4, it rules out 2's but also 3's and 5's. New system is better, but it would be even better if we could set only the minimum of human players and not limit the maximum at all.

I guess in Europe the Xbox community is not that big or at least there are way too many 2's teams so we are very often matched against 2's and we really don't want to play against them (we usually have 4-5, sometimes only 3).
  • j0rtsu67 wrote: »
    belair_col wrote: »
    j0rtsu67 wrote: »

Match My Team Size rules out too many teams (for example if we have 4, it rules out 2's but also 3's and 5's. New system is better, but it would be even better if we could set only the minimum of human players and not limit the maximum at all.

I guess in Europe the Xbox community is not that big or at least there are way too many 2's teams so we are very often matched against 2's and we really don't want to play against them (we usually have 4-5, sometimes only 3).

We get matched up with 2's all day in the US if it's not exact. Not sure what system/ region the other guy is from that he's not getting that.
  • [quote="Follisimo;c-2205968"][quote="SparkOfSanity;c-2205961"]Really think the customization hit the spot for players. Also the live dressing room will be a very welcome addition.

Negatives

[b]
    - Playoffs not changed to elimination games...Come on...This is NHL. Elimination in the playoffs is what its about. [/b]

Maybe some of these changes can be made via updates, as the infrastructure is there.[/quote]

Because they are about finding 1 overall winner for the division(s) and not the old PS360 bogus everyone is winner chance.[/quote]

But there is no difference between the regular season and the playoffs. No one is impressed by winning because you have more time to play.

Surely there is a more creative way to do this.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    Really think the customization hit the spot for players. Also the live dressing room will be a very welcome addition.

Negatives

Because they are about finding 1 overall winner for the division(s) and not the old PS360 bogus everyone is winner chance.

But there is no difference between the regular season and the playoffs. No one is impressed by winning because you have more time to play.

Surely there is a more creative way to do this.

In the world of gaming you want to keep as many still playing. I remember the ps360 Era where if you waited you sometimes spent so long trying to find a game. They rather people find games easier.