EA Forums - Banner

0 to 60 in 25 days

25 days ago I decided to start a new town mostly so I could visit my main town to see what others see when visiting me. Then I decided to keep going and see how fast I could level up. After 1 day I was level 9 and spent all donuts on mystery boxes to get my bonus up to 12.75%.

On day 3 I reached level 12 and started KEM farming, just 1 at time at this point.

DAY 5, level 16, bonus 16.25%:
zn4HaPT.jpg

At day 16 I was level 30 and had 20.35% bonus from mystery boxes and started Springfield Heights.

DAY 18, level 33, bonus 21.35% + hidden XP going up fast:
R6SmuJG.jpg

By day 21 I had placed my first Beach Hideaway and upgraded it to level 2 for a bonus of 27.85% and hidden XP bonus was now at 150%.

Day 25 saw placement of the XP Collider and rapid progress from level 48 to 60.
DAY 25, level 60 (didn't screenshot whole town):
tZxGiod.jpg

It's a crowded, ugly mess but my goal was leveling up only. Has anyone ever tried this before? I'm sure it could be done in less time with sufficient effort.

Replies

• Muhsterino
    4162 posts Member
    Yes, I did Crawl to the finish recently:
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/96716/how-quickly-could-a-player-get-to-939/p1
    It took just under 4 months to get to level 939. Start date 12 January 2017, 939 on 10th May 2017.
    Answers HQ Hero HELP THREADS
  • Jonalinn
    1766 posts Member
    Congrats @frosted1414! :)
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • rw228
    1043 posts Member
    This gives me anxiety just thinking about having to start over. There are so many different avenues to take care of now. I started when the app first came out and it was only cash to worry about and events were shorter and fewer. It would be tough to allocate time and characters now with all the different things in the game.
  • frosted1414
    1964 posts Member
    Thanks @Jonalinn. Ya, was more of an experiment than anything else. I don't plan on continuing this "b town" much further. It was fun to see some of the old stuff again. I'm only level 480 something in my main town but have had this "if only I knew then what I know now" thought. Just had to try it out.
    I started my main town in 2013 but only played sporadically. Then stopped for 1.5 years and only started serious play at the end of December 2016.
  • johncolombo
    11026 posts Senior Moderator
    Even though I started the cttf game that town had progressed so much that it stared feeling like my main town so I started yet another recently. It's almost at level 15. I think Im mostly doing it to see if I can get playable ssb in it as quickly as I did in my crawl town. Level 32? There seems to be a bug with him now, curious if it's a real bug or my style of play. Also I learned a lot of neat leagal short cuts in crawl that I'm employing now in new town.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Omg I'm over lvl 100 and I still don't have lard lads
  • KillaSqirl
    1763 posts Member
    ^ buy more mystery boxes
  • kirstenjt wrote: »
    Omg I'm over lvl 100 and I still don't have lard lads

Lard lads is a premium item. You have to buy it or, as @KillaSqirl said, win it in a mystery box.
    I do not accept unsolicited friend requests! PM me and say hi first.
  • frosted1414
    1964 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    kirstenjt wrote: »

In my level 16 screenshot, the Lard Lads, ch6 news vans, I&S billboards, tire fire, lemon tree, squeaky voice teen, blue haired lawyer & kearney all came from Mystery Boxes bought with the initial 98 donuts you get for free at level 9. Additional Lard Lads, ch6 news vans, I&S billboards you see in level 33 also came from Mystery Boxes when I could afford them. I switched to buying Beach Hideaways when I started Springfield Heights.
  • frosted1414
    1964 posts Member
    mnd50G0.png
    Good glavin, level 101 without even trying. Forgot 61 to 100 were so easy.
  • mchannyc
    85 posts Member

In my level 16 screenshot, the Lard Lads, ch6 news vans, I&S billboards, tire fire, lemon tree, squeaky voice teen, blue haired lawyer & kearney all came from Mystery Boxes bought with the initial 98 donuts you get for free at level 9. Additional Lard Lads, ch6 news vans, I&S billboards you see in level 33 also came from Mystery Boxes when I could afford them. I switched to buying Beach Hideaways when I started Springfield Heights.

I do not remember ever getting 98 donuts for free. What was it for.
  • johncolombo
    11026 posts Senior Moderator
    So did you ever get playable ssb or not?
    :#
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • frosted1414
    1964 posts Member
    So did you ever get playable ssb or not?
    :#

Have not seen any sideshow bob at all, not even once. In my main town it took from Dec 2016 to Mar 2017 to do flaw and order. Don't know what started it, but took 3 months to complete.
  • frosted1414
    1964 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    mchannyc wrote: »

I do not remember ever getting 98 donuts for free. What was it for.

Hmmm, good question. I just remember shortly after the tutorial levels the mystery box is unlocked and you are required to buy one. After that I had 98 donuts and spent them all on MB.
    EDIT:
    Mystery box unloks at level 3, get 30 donuts:
    Hm5ctei.png
    Tutorials finishes at level 5, get 60 donuts:
    VBpcsdu.png
    tN9oZ71.png
    Get 1 donut for each level up. I must have been at level 8 when I had 98 donuts and bought all the mystery boxes.
    N1raSfw.png
    Wasn't as lucky this time, only got squeaky voice teen, blue hair lawyer, kearney, lemon tree, tire fire, ch6 news van, and 2 i&s billboards.
    Post edited by frosted1414 on