EA Forums - Banner

Danger with non responsive iPad touchpad

First, it's all my fault. But, I was frustrated with my iPad not responding when I tap stuff, so quickly tapped twice while sending 225 characters on the 4-hour jobs using the Employment Agency. Dang it, the second tap answered a delayed question, "Are you sure you want to spend 450 donuts to rush 225 jobs?" Aaarg. It took me two weeks to earn those donuts! Lesson learned. When frustrated, walk away. Don't start tapping quickly. Rant over. I'm walking away for a few hours. Sigh.

Replies

• Moral of the story, stick with Android..
  • You may be right.
  • frosted1414
    1981 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    I've read here on the forums of this happening too many times before. I'm now super cautious when when sending all on jobs from the job manager. Tap once and move my finger far away. Wait and really make sure the the tap took or not before doing anything else.
    It's not ios or android problem. It's the speed of the device and the number of character being assigned jobs and likely the size of your town. A path has to be found for each character to get to it's destination. Lots of computations.
  • Ah, thanks. I'm happy to hear my iPad is not at fault. Expensive lesson.
  • As JimJ would say "a careful tapper is a happy tapper".. carry on!
  • spritals148
    1826 posts Member
    I know not of which you speak!!
    Other lesson, clean your iPad surface often too. Finger prints also cause tapping to, well.... not tap then read doubles

:)
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • Thank you!
  • I don't know how old your ipad is, but I just set aside my 4 year old mini for the slightly bigger new ipad they just introduced. Wow. What a difference 4 years makes. The much faster processor is a much better match for my much bigger town! I used to have the problem you describe, although I always managed to hit "cancel" in a panic. Now I don't have that lag I used to. Everything moves quicker and smoother. It's been wonderful for playing this game. My only disappointment has been that the bigger screen does not capture more of my town in the screen. Same view, just bigger.

Anyway, I always thought that the lags I experienced were 90% EA's fault. I stand corrected.
  • I think I've had it a year and a half. It's an iPad Air2 Gold, and has been very reliable until yesterday. Seems like an area of the touchpad is not receiving the "touch" consistently. If I have to trade in, I will definitely try the one you speak of. Thank you! I could use a bigger screen. Old eyes and all that.
  • 168sean168
    3225 posts Member
    First, it's all my fault. But, I was frustrated with my iPad not responding when I tap stuff, so quickly tapped twice while sending 225 characters on the 4-hour jobs using the Employment Agency. Dang it, the second tap answered a delayed question, "Are you sure you want to spend 450 donuts to rush 225 jobs?" Aaarg. It took me two weeks to earn those donuts! Lesson learned. When frustrated, walk away. Don't start tapping quickly. Rant over. I'm walking away for a few hours. Sigh.

Sorry to hear the loss of the donuts. Sometimes EA will return them to you when you raise it as a case. I don't like to deal with EA though as I could only get Email support
  • Thank you. Yes, it is painful to lose so many. But, I bet I don't make that particular mistake again.
  • nmd6
    143 posts Member
    Done pretty much the same last week used 315 donuts to rush a 4 hour job after double tapping because of lagging. I've started a case with EA to try and retrieve them but its a very slow process as its through emails and not live chat.
  • I've come close to doing the same. One thing to look for is whether you see any characters moving in the background. If you see them standing still with the animation frozen, you need to wait for the app to catch up.

Also, remember to verify that your confirm donut spend is turned on. It gives you that one extra tap that may save your donuts.