EA Forums - Banner

Monorail trip time.

Prev1
Has anyone else timed the amount of time it takes their monorail make a full trip around your Springfield? I only have stations located on opposite sides of my SF. I timed the trip and it takes 2 min 9 sec to get from one station to the other.

Replies

• adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    2 minutes 14 secs
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Has anyone else timed the amount of time it takes their monorail make a full trip around your Springfield? I only have stations located on opposite sides of my SF. I timed the trip and it takes 2 min 9 sec to get from one station to the other.

There were a few older threads on this subject. Some of the times cited (I don’t recall precise values, I’m afraid) were darned impressive.

Edit: Here’s one thread I was able to locate:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/76177/time-your-monorail

@IckabodSchrek reported a time of 2 minutes, 22 seconds.
  • Thanks! @KrustyBrand

2:22 is impressive!
  • stinkbugger
    1984 posts Member
    2:22 is impressive!

that's what she said. not.
  • Lee3472
    292 posts Member
    Over 8 minutes

the last time I was able to time it, but then they changed it so that your device goes to sleep after a minute of no tapping which makes it impossible to enjoy a Monorail ride

:)
  • 168sean168
    4419 posts Member
    Lee3472 wrote: »
    Over 8 minutes

the last time I was able to time it, but then they changed it so that your device goes to sleep after a minute of no tapping which makes it impossible to enjoy a Monorail ride

That could be a world record :open_mouth:
  • 2:22 is impressive!

:D
  • My main line serving SH and Springfield is now over 8 minutes as well. Plus, I have a separate "shortline" that serves the middle of Springfield that is over 3 minutes. The easiest way to time your rail system is to ride it. Now if EA would just give us more rail stations...........
    Yes, I'm a real author.....try this link and you can read the first 3 chapters of my newest Amazon Vella sci-fi adventure for FREE: https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella/story/B09Z8HKLXW
  • 2:22 is impressive!

WTH @stinkbugger ?? I really don't appreciate that comment. Since you are not my neighbor, what right have you to question my integrity?
    I've made some changes since then, straightening out some of the curves with straight pieces. My loop is currently 2:19. I've also added an additional line that takes 3:33 to fully completely, but that includes travel back to the station then off in another direction and back to the station.
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • girl22721
    1160 posts Member
    I think that might have been an attempt at some The Office themed innuendo.
  • nissa762
    1950 posts Member
    @IckabodSchrek it's an old joke to put "that's what she said" after anything that can change the meaning in "that" way i.e. in reference to a male's "performance" time in this case ;)
  • nissa762 wrote: »
    @IckabodSchrek it's an old joke to put "that's what she said" after anything that can change the meaning in "that" way i.e. in reference to a male's "performance" time in this case ;)

"Woosh"! My blond roots are showing :D
    DeesToonTown in Crawl to the Finish #The Grumple Is Free!
  • Lee3472 wrote: »
    Over 8 minutes

Luckily my game doesn't enter sleep mode if I hold the stylus close to the screen.
  • AirurandoP
    861 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Mine takes just over 5 mins but I have an extension to be connected which will add another 30 seconds. I've mapped out a couple more extensions and when done I should have a 6 min+ monorail.

After that it will only be expanded with more land as I don't want it cluttering my town.

I have 2 neighbours with longer monorails but most of the others are between 1 and 2 mins.

tJlGdqs.jpg
    Post edited by AirurandoP on
  • AirurandoP wrote: »

tJlGdqs.jpg

Wish i could zoom out that much in-game.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • ^^^ Me too!
  • rw228
    1060 posts Member
    ^^^same here! That would be a great feature.
  • spritals148
    1973 posts Member
    4:46
    Getting there. :D
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • I'm going to do a massive monorail add-on that goes through Lots of Castles Town and Jurassic Forest when this event is finished.
  • girl22721 wrote: »
    I think that might have been an attempt at some The Office themed innuendo.

giphy.gif

I feel they channeled some Dwight right there.